PDA

View Full Version : People with too much money

Voodoochild
11-02-06, 21:39
Some people have way to much money burning a hole in their pockets. Take for example the Barret Jackson car auction on Speed right now.

1. 70 Hemi Cuda 2-Door Drop top (2,000,000) USD
2. 53 Chevy Vette rare car (1,000,000) USD

That is just silly...

Bloodbathdisplay
11-03-06, 02:21
How about the people on "that other ar15 site" buying the ARES Shrikes for $8,000.00?

M4arc
11-03-06, 05:34
Some people have way to much money burning a hole in their pockets. Take for example the Barret Jackson car auction on Speed right now.

1. 70 Hemi Cuda 2-Door Drop top (2,000,000) USD
2. 53 Chevy Vette rare car (1,000,000) USD

That is just silly...

The old mopars always draw huge amounts. Hell, if I was rich I wouldn't think twice about spending 2 mil on Cuda or Super Bee if they were mint. I loved those cars!

DrMark
11-03-06, 07:15
The old mopars always draw huge amounts. Hell, if I was rich I wouldn't think twice about spending 2 mil on Cuda or Super Bee if they were mint. I loved those cars!

Me too! I love old Mopars.

When I was in high school, I drove our families "extra" car, a 67 Plymouth Belvedere SW, 383 4-bbl.

M4arc
11-03-06, 08:00
Me too! I love old Mopars.

When I was in high school, I drove our families "extra" car, a 67 Plymouth Belvedere SW, 383 4-bbl.

And the old Road Runners! My uncle had a Road Runner and I absolutely loved that car.

The wife and I have discussed getting one of these: Challenger (http://www.dodge.com/en/challenger/index.html) :D

BOBK48
11-03-06, 08:40
You could have a clone built and not spend over 100 grand. They only guys that love this is the auction house. Barrett Jackson makes a 16% commission on the sale, 8% from the seller and 8% from the buyer plus a listing fee. Craig Jackson is laughing all the way to the bank. Nothing parts company faster than a fool and his money!

DrMark
11-03-06, 09:22
The wife and I have discussed getting one of these: Challenger (http://www.dodge.com/en/challenger/index.html) :D

The upcoming Challenger looks very cool.

I rode in my friend's new Lotus Elise yesterday... fun little go-kart, but no 425 HP Mopar.

cohiba
11-03-06, 09:39
We often remember things to be much nicer than they actually were. Keeps us young though. :) My brother had a 1970 Challenger 440 six-pack is Plum Crazy purple. All original and mint. He ran it on the middle two barrel most of the time just to put around town. It couldn't turn or especially stop but it could go in a straight line that's for sure.

Why would you buy an original Hemi for $2m when the new Challenger will kill it in every way. Modern brakes, suspension, A/C, air bags for about $35-40k. No one is going to drive the collectible Hemi on the street either.

The Mopars are having quite a run but so did Ferraris awhile back when 250 GTOs hit $7m and then went down to $2m. People got killed investing in them and they are a hell of a lot more rare than any Mopar. But, if they can get that kind of cake, more power to them.

mike240
11-03-06, 11:18
What you spend is relative to what you make. There are those safe queen custom 1911s out there that I dont understand buying either, but if I made 100 million a year that would change everything....2mil is nothing to guy that spent it.

rob_s
11-03-06, 11:36
We often remember things to be much nicer than they actually were.
Tell me about it. I drive an '05 GTO that does 13.2 in the 1/4 mile stock and every time I meet someone that used to own an old GTO I hear all about how their car was a 12 second car stock.:rolleyes: