PDA

View Full Version : Do you shop for the 2nd Ammendment? - Poll

tb-av
06-03-19, 10:01
So in a recent thread I mentioned I shop the sales at REI. It was brought to my attention that they fall into the anti-2A camp. My reply was that I have an REI local and get free shipping and only shop sales so they can't be making much if any money on me personally. Which was not exactly the point of the situation as my situation would only apply to few people.

My other point was how do you keep up with who is anti 2A? Some large companies donate to both sides of the isle. Some may be prolific or necessary... like a phone company named "Orange" for instance. What if they were anti-2A. What if their competition was also anti?

What if you want to buy a $50 item and it's 25% off? Do you pay someone else $50 + $8 shipping? Or, do you walk out of the store with the item in your hand for $37.50 --- BTW, the difference is right at $20 which is a membership to Gun Owners of America.

I try to avoid anti-2A situations of all natures but I find it near impossible. Now Dicks sporting goods I can completely avoid but the only things I bought there are readily available elsewhere for the same prices even on sale. I simply don't know how to shop pro 2A. Or rather avoid anti-2A businesses.

Check this out.....

A giant software company is now holding hostage their established customers and will not allow them to sell firearms with their software.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/05/30/software-maker-salesforce-tells-gun-retailers-stop-selling-ar-15s/

Comment from the CEO....

Benioff has been among the most outspoken CEOs regarding social and political issues, including a tweet: “The AR-15 is the most popular rifle in America. Ban it,” he wrote. A month later, he pledged $1 million to March for Our Lives, a group pushing for gun-control legislation.

Other than gun shops, I honestly can't even name pro 2A companies.

Poll is NOT marked public... so your screen name is not supposed to be visible if you vote but I have no control over that. 30 days. Multiple choice if you need it.

AKDoug
06-03-19, 10:10
Things become super murky when you are a hunter, motorized off road enthusiast and gun guy. The best you can do is do your research, but you will often have to compromise.

Doc Safari
06-03-19, 10:14
I avoid obvious offenders, like Dick's Sporting Goods, but sometimes it's hard to keep track of some company that made an obscure anti-2A statement that didn't get a lot of publicity. I don't Google every place I shop for anti-2A content.

jsbhike
06-03-19, 10:19
The REI thing really came to light over Vista Group owning Camelbak.

Vista also owns Federal and it is my understanding it is their desire to sell peons like me 20rds boxes of jhp's at the same price they sell police officers 50rds boxes so neither side gives me the warm fuzzies.

BoringGuy45
06-03-19, 10:38
I don't usually buy from Dick's anyway. Their stuff is overpriced and crappy.

Wake27
06-03-19, 10:41
It depends on who they are and what they sell. I’ll avoid Dicks and some others but Costco is known anti-2A and I still love that place. I’d obviously prefer it otherwise, but they make and sell really good stuff at solid prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-03-19, 11:01
When all the civil rights-based access to businesses was put in place in the 1970s, we failed to fight either of the two major tenants of those laws.

The first was that we should let the market decide how they could run their business and who they could do business with.

Second, None of the “conservative“ groups was labeled as a protected class.

Both of those cases were lost. So you end up having businesses not being able to discriminate against gays, minorities, and many other social liberal causes focus groups, but not a single conservative grouping can be given that same level of protection and mandated by the government .

So you end up with a dating site being forced to handle also non-heterosexual relationship set up‘s but at the same time they could purge their membership of all gun owners.

Actually frankly, the only protected class we have and it’s often the least respected, is religion. What we actually need to do is start a religion based on gun ownership With rituals written and performed around it, and then and then we might actually get protected class status. The religion protected class is often a double edge sword, with it being used to actually keep conservative viewpoints and people out of public discussion because of the “separation of church and state”.

The Father, the Son, and the pop smoke...

Take a vow of silencer...

The miracle where the magazine never ran out of ammo and fed everyone...

Saint John Browning

Eventually there will be a schism between the revolver and auto loader sects..

tb-av
06-03-19, 11:30
Costco is known anti-2A

I did not know that! I thought they were pro .Mil and pro 2A.

I could live without Costco but do like to go there from time to time.

I knew they didn't want you to bring 'ole sparky' inside but didn't know they were full out anti 2A.

Watrdawg
06-03-19, 11:49
I pretty much avoid Anti 2A companies that I know of. I do go to Field and Stream but that is mostly price shopping. I can find most everything I need or want hunting wise elsewhere for less money even including shipping. Never knew about COSTCO though. Cabelas is about an hour away from me and it's an easy boring drive. I've never bought a weapon from a box store. They are usually marked up and I can find them cheaper from a LGS.

grizzlyblake
06-03-19, 12:40
Actually frankly, the only protected class we have and it’s often the least respected, is religion. What we actually need to do is start a religion based on gun ownership With rituals written and performed around it, and then and then we might actually get protected class status. The religion protected class is often a double edge sword, with it being used to actually keep conservative viewpoints and people out of public discussion because of the “separation of church and state”.

The Father, the Son, and the pop smoke...

Take a vow of silencer...

The miracle where the magazine never ran out of ammo and fed everyone...

Saint John Browning

Eventually there will be a schism between the revolver and auto loader sects..

This is actually brilliant. Your worship facility would largely be a gun range, where you would not have to pay property taxes since it's a church and all.

I'm down with this in a big way.

grizzlyblake
06-03-19, 12:54
I don't pay a whole lot of attention to it to be honest. The little bit of money I spend on stuff makes no difference in the big picture. I hear all the "what if everybody did that" stuff but I don't have the time/energy/money to make sure I only purchase goods from companies who are owned by umbrella companies who share my political leanings.

I have a one year old boy so I'm sure I'm supporting all kinds of anti-2A companies that makes his clothing, toys, etc.

I buy boots and outdoorsy stuff at REI because they have a return policy that is insanely accommodating if you're a member.

I'm pretty sure at this point I wouldn't be able to play internet with my computer or phone since they are all anti-2A, couldn't watch Netflix or Hulu, not sure if I could buy groceries at Aldi and Publix, and I would be pretty much relegated to only wearing 5.11 clothing.

vicious_cb
06-03-19, 16:37
I dont shop at REI, I just try stuff on then go somewhere else to buy once I know the sizing. I dont need to research their stance on 2A or not, you can see it in their hiring practices, the lumber sexual staff, zero real survival gear. Their version of outdoor is smores and songs by the campfire. I shit you not there was a communist party member asking for signatures in front of a REI last time I went.

jack crab
06-04-19, 10:35
Maybe we need a Green Book for gun owners.

tb-av
06-04-19, 11:49
Maybe we need a Green Book for gun owners.

I think we could probably call it the Green Pamphlet.

titsonritz
06-04-19, 12:07
I try to avoid it, but don't always succeed.

No thread on this subject is complete without the "lists"...
http://concealednation.org/2018/04/report-here-are-54-anti-gun-companies-that-dont-deserve-your-busi
http://www.2acheck.com/the-boycott-list/nras-list-of-antis/
https://www.gunpowdermagazine.com/avoid-supporting-these-companies-if-you-value-your-gun-rights/

Bulletdog
06-05-19, 10:02
The NRA publishes a list of Pro 2A and Anti 2A companies and people. Its on my fridge.

Nobody can keep track of it all, but I try. We don't shop at DIck's. Won't eat at Burger King. Etc...

soulezoo
06-05-19, 15:41
The schism will be between Fudds and operators...

SeriousStudent
06-06-19, 18:42
I was in a vendor selection meeting this week at work. We were considering a short list of companies for an RFP (Request For Proposal). It was not an insignificant amount of money - well into 7 figures.

Salesforce was a name that came up. We shot it down - literally. They can ingest a satchel of Richards.

Yeah, I vote with my wallet, and with my company's budget, too. More than one person can play that game, Benioff.

MegademiC
06-06-19, 19:14
The NRA publishes a list of Pro 2A and Anti 2A companies and people. Its on my fridge.

Nobody can keep track of it all, but I try. We don't shop at DIck's. Won't eat at Burger King. Etc...

But they call Trump “pro2a” so...

everready73
06-06-19, 21:16
I won't shop at Dick's, buy anymore Benchmade knives, Levi's jeans, or Nike products. It is hard to keep track of them all, but if it possible I try not to support anti 2a companies.

I also don't mind spending $20 or so extra on a firearm locally to support the local stores.

tb-av
06-06-19, 21:25
Benchmade too?! Damn!

How about Under Armour? Didn't they have a situation a few years back?

Nike is a no brainier. I don't think I have ever owned a Nike product. Just total coincidence.

We should have one of those ribbons for 2A products and businesses. Our luck all the colors are already taken. Although Lance might have had to turn in the Yellow.

everready73
06-07-19, 09:14
Benchmade too?! Damn!

How about Under Armour? Didn't they have a situation a few years back?

Nike is a no brainier. I don't think I have ever owned a Nike product. Just total coincidence.

We should have one of those ribbons for 2A products and businesses. Our luck all the colors are already taken. Although Lance might have had to turn in the Yellow.

Yea Benchmade too. The original story that started it was a post by a police department on Facebook (i believe Seattle) thanking benchmade for helping them destroy some guns. While the guns were already scheduled to be destroyed, not good biz for them to help with that.

After that incident people started looking into other things and it was discovered they heavily support Dems as far as political contributions go.

https://gununiversity.com/is-benchmade-knife-company-anti-gun/

markm
06-07-19, 13:54
I'm the only one who voted "What's the 2A?" We're seriously lacking smart ass members here. :(

tb-av
06-07-19, 14:08
I'm the only one who voted "What's the 2A?" We're seriously lacking smart ass members here. :(

I knew there would be at least one. That's why I included it. I should have know. So the pressure of no one asking who it was got to you eh? :haha: