PDA

View Full Version : Unimount Gen 1 vs Gen 2 Non QD

ssc
06-03-19, 11:19
What are the differences between these two 30mm mounts? I did call MI and no one seem to know.

Cheers, SSC

Midwest Industries
06-17-19, 12:51
I am not sure who you spoke with, but the Gen 2 mounts have two steel cross bolts/ recoil lugs. the Gen 1 version has a bolted in recoil lug.
The Gen 2 version is the same mount as our QDs with the same one piece, duel bolt clamp. The only thing you are giving up is the QD Levers.

ssc
06-17-19, 18:16
Thank you for the response. The person I spoke to did not seem to know what I was talking about when I asked about the Lugs. I do have a Gen 1 mount and it has 2 screws per ring and am I correct that another difference is that the Gen 2 has 4 screws per ring?

Midwest Industries
06-18-19, 06:20
Thank you for the response. The person I spoke to did not seem to know what I was talking about when I asked about the Lugs. I do have a Gen 1 mount and it has 2 screws per ring and am I correct that another difference is that the Gen 2 has 4 screws per ring?

You are correct 4 screws per cap on the gen 2 models .
Troy
MI

opngrnd
06-26-19, 17:50
This is exactly the mount I've been looking for. QD a non-factor, horizontally split rings, and not high $2xx territory. Is the Gen 2 "normal" height for mounting a scope to an AR?

Midwest Industries
06-28-19, 12:32
This is exactly the mount I've been looking for. QD a non-factor, horizontally split rings, and not high $2xx territory. Is the Gen 2 "normal" height for mounting a scope to an AR?

Yes, the height is our standard on these mounts.

Ironman8
06-28-19, 18:10
Will there be any non-QD 1.93 mounts? Last I checked it was only available in QD.

Midwest Industries
07-02-19, 20:24
Will there be any non-QD 1.93 mounts? Last I checked it was only available in QD.

At this time only QD. We may bring that part into the lineup but not this year.
Thanks
Troy
MI