PDA

View Full Version : Trump not a fan of silencers/suppressors

Pages : [1] 2

The Dumb Gun Collector
06-03-19, 11:58
https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-condemns-gun-silencers-after-virginia-beach-shooting-i-dont-like-them-at-all/

Never liked him. Didn’t vote for him. Won’t vote for him next time. Literally worse than Obama and Bush combined. Illegal bump stock ban...check. Illegal defacto suppressor ban? We shall see. Hell, he might get all our stuff.

We need to impeach and convict ASAP. Otherwise it is anti gun trump vs anti gun Biden.

Outlander Systems
06-03-19, 12:15
And suddenly, for no reason at all, the people elected Andrew Yang into power...

mack7.62
06-03-19, 12:26
https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-condemns-gun-silencers-after-virginia-beach-shooting-i-dont-like-them-at-all/

Never liked him. Didn’t vote for him. Won’t vote for him next time. Literally worse than Obama and Bush combined. Illegal bump stock ban...check. Illegal defacto suppressor ban? We shall see. Hell, he might get all our stuff.

We need to impeach and convict ASAP. Otherwise it is anti gun trump vs anti gun Biden.

Yeah Hillary would have been soooo much better.:rolleyes:

jpmuscle
06-03-19, 12:35
Hope he tells his kid to get rid of his

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190603/490dacdbc3bb9921550f77872e94bfa2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Dumb Gun Collector
06-03-19, 12:35
“Yeah Hillary would have been soooo much better.”

Well, that argument gets thinner and thinner. He has been objectively worse than Obama

chadbag
06-03-19, 12:38

Well, that argument gets thinner and thinner. He has been objectively worse than Obama

Can you objectively substantiate?

OldState
06-03-19, 12:40
Doubt this will go anywhere. I’m sure his office is already getting messages from the NRA and others explaining Silencer to him. His mouth was moving faster than him brain. Also, Donald Jr is a big fan of suppressors and owns them IIRC.

fledge
06-03-19, 12:41
Probably just not a fan of them on carry pistols. Sound advice. LOL

Adrenaline_6
06-03-19, 12:41

I agree that his social media skills and mouth needs some fine tuning, but worse than Obama is a hell of a stretch.

Outlander Systems
06-03-19, 12:46
Please enumerate the anti-2A Executive Orders successfully undertaken by the previous administration.

I'll wait.

but worse than Obama is a hell of a stretch.

Firefly
06-03-19, 12:49
Impeach and convict for what, pray tell?

Please don't say "muh Russia".

If Bush, Obama, and Reagan didnt get impeached nor convicted(and there were rock solid cases to be made) then I wouldn't deign suggest the same for Trump simply because he hurt your gun feelings.

He's a NYC Business Democrat. Anything past a Revolver vexes and mystifies him.

Don't take it personally. I'm long off the Trump.Train but lets keep it real here

jsbhike
06-03-19, 12:58
Doubt this will go anywhere. I’m sure his office is already getting messages from the NRA and others explaining Silencer to him. His mouth was moving faster than him brain. Also, Donald Jr is a big fan of suppressors and owns them IIRC.

Not a good idea to count on the NRA doing something like that.

As for the latter, just because someone owns/enjoys something doesn't mean they want everyone else to.

Circle_10
06-03-19, 12:58
So if there are infinite dimensions....does that mean there are infinite Trumps playing chess in all of them?

I don't really think his dumb remark is going to turn into any real action on suppressors, just because even the ATF probably wants to maintain the unconstitutional, but relatively harmonious, status quo. But his remarks sure don't help. I think the Hearing Protection Act, which was already dead as a door nail, just had it's corpse fed into the wood chipper though.

Adrenaline_6
06-03-19, 13:03
Please enumerate the anti-2A Executive Orders successfully undertaken by the previous administration.

I'll wait.

You can keep waiting, because if that is all you are judging better or worse on, that is beyond idiotic.

I don't agree with everything Trump does, but you have to look at the complete picture, not pigeon hole portions to hate.

Sam
06-03-19, 13:08
Never liked him. Didn’t vote for him. Won’t vote for him next time. Literally worse than Obama and Bush combined.

Hmm. Multiple choice:

A. Someone hijacked the counselor's account.
B. He is being sarcastic.
C. He is serious.
D. He's drunk after his martini lunch at the saloon.

If you don't vote for Trump, who would you vote for? write in? some Dem? since you said Trump is worse than Obama and Bush combined, who's left? Sit at home on your multi acre theme park? A non vote is the same as giving the other side the vote. Granted in your county in this electoral college, your one vote will probably not matter, it will go republican anyway.

You've been black balled from all future Hackathorn classes.

themonk
06-03-19, 13:15
We need to impeach and convict ASAP.

What are we impeaching and convicting him for?

Outlander Systems
06-03-19, 13:29
Andrew Yang. 100%

If you don't vote for Trump, who would you vote for?

Adrenaline_6
06-03-19, 13:42
Oh yea! Free money will change the mindset of spending money beyond your means!

Outlander Systems
06-03-19, 13:48
https://cloverchronicle.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Yang-Gang-Meme-16.jpg

Oh yea! Free money will change the mindset of spending money beyond your means!

Adrenaline_6
06-03-19, 13:55
Thanks for admitting he is bringing zero to the table....other than taking more of our tax money.

OldState
06-03-19, 13:58
I’m sure there are scores of other influencers reaching out to the White House other than the NRA.

I’m think there will be some type of retraction from Trump. Something like (if asked again at a presser) “well I looked into it and they really don’t work like in the movies and the guns are still pretty loud. Also, they are also heavily regulated and almost never used in crimes. I think we have bigger things to worry about”

I could be wrong, but hope not.

tb-av
06-03-19, 14:03
Well, we can all vote for this guy.

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1135316683306831875/video/1

jsbhike
06-03-19, 14:17
Well, we can all vote for this guy.

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1135316683306831875/video/1

No need for Seth or others like him. Where can they be turned in to for deactivation?

themonk
06-03-19, 15:01
At the end of the day, year, decade, century it all comes down to judges.

You may not like him but we are not going back to the way things were. Its a new day and it's only going to get worse. The only protection we have is judges. I would highly recommend on voting for whomever will appoint the best judges. He may suck BAD but he has done a hell of a job on judicial appointments.

Outlander Systems
06-03-19, 15:11
https://i.redd.it/edrn9f8xc66z.jpg

SteyrAUG
06-03-19, 15:18

Just because Obama failed to get both Sandy Hook bans passed doesn't mean the intent wasn't there. If Trump fails to ban suppressors because they are already regulated, that doesn't make him better on the issue.

MountainRaven
06-03-19, 15:26
Just because Obama failed to get both Sandy Hook bans passed doesn't mean the intent wasn't there. If Trump fails to ban suppressors because they are already regulated, that doesn't make him better on the issue.

How important is the intent if the result is that you fail going at things through the more Constitutionally-sound route versus succeeding through a totally not-at-all Constitutional route?

Sam
06-03-19, 15:30
KEEP IT CLEAN.

The counselor is tired of doing the "breaking my gun" threads so he's doing a break this forum thread.

Firefly
06-03-19, 15:44
https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/006/729/272/large/l-msire-joker-final.jpg?1500835881

glocktogo
06-03-19, 15:54

We were sold a bill of goods on this topic. We were told that Trump's sons were/are huge 2A proponents and would help get the HPA passed into law, as well as strengthen not weaken 2A protections. We're 2 1/2 years in and I see no evidence of this being true.

You may not like him but we are not going back to the way things were. Its a new day and it's only going to get worse. The only protection we have is judges. I would highly recommend on voting for whomever will appoint the best judges. He may suck BAD but he has done a hell of a job on judicial appointments.

I get what Greg is saying and I'm plenty disappointed in Trump on the 2nd Amendment and Due Process. However, had the Democrat won we'd have a left leaning, anti-gun SCOTUS. Imagine not having Garland and Kavanaugh to balance Sotomayor and Kagan. Imagine Ginsberg retiring after her medical issues and Hillary appointing her replacement with a young hard left liberal. That would mean a solid anti-gun, constitutional revisionist bloc on the court that would last decades. With Roberts being a vacillating swing vote and only Thomas and Alito being true conservative constructionists, it could even lead to losing Heller and McDonald protections. Now magnify that with all the lower court nominations.

I completely get being pissed off and unhappy with Trump, because I am too. By all means vote against him in the primaries, but not voting for him in the general election if he wins the primary is just shooting yourself in the foot. We have an opportunity to significantly stack the courts in our favor if we retain the executive branch in 2020. It annoys me to no end having to defend Trump when he does stupid things, which happens far too often. I'm just not ready to cut my nose off to spite my face yet. :(

CWM11B
06-03-19, 16:15
The man said he didn't like them in a presser. No mention he was going to go on a crusade against the 2A like damn near EVERY Democrat has been advocating for decades. I'm not seeing the sky falling here.

sgtrock82
06-03-19, 16:29
Meh, nothingburger. I take this half assed comment of his with as much credibility as alot of the rest of his comments, just grandstanding fluff. I got the feeling he doesnt actually feel one way or the other but being put on the spot and being the Donald, he just had to spit something out and move on. It also wasnt the time to share a glowing opinion of suppressors nor suggest that they are harmless and be deregulated. A man of President Trumps status probably doesnt actually care much about guns either, just money and Image.

If we get worked up over every bump on this cratered road its going to be a very long ride.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

flenna
06-03-19, 16:51
If I got this right the murderer had a “silencer” and managed to kill 12 people in the 2 minutes it took for the police to respond. So if “silencers” are illegal then the police could have responded in 1.5 minutes with 9 killed?

tb-av
06-03-19, 16:52
The man said he didn't like them in a presser. No mention he was going to go on a crusade against the 2A like damn near EVERY Democrat has been advocating for decades. I'm not seeing the sky falling here.

I think Trump mis-heard the reporter.

I think what Trump heard was "Do you think silent tears should be predicted?" -- His reply... "I don't like them at all" .... meaning the sadness.

jsbhike
06-03-19, 16:59
Didn't his bump stock ban start off in a similar fashion?

jsbhike
06-03-19, 17:03

Why would he appoint judges that would negate his anti-gun actions?

moonshot
06-03-19, 17:33
I completely get being pissed off and unhappy with Trump, because I am too. By all means vote against him in the primaries, but not voting for him in the general election if he wins the primary is just shooting yourself in the foot. We have an opportunity to significantly stack the courts in our favor if we retain the executive branch in 2020. It annoys me to no end having to defend Trump when he does stupid things, which happens far too often. I'm just not ready to cut my nose off to spite my face yet. :(

^^^ This x 1000

It's all about the courts (and the Senate - we need to keep the Senate as well). So far, his court appointments seem pretty well grounded in the Constitution. Trump may not be perfect, but perfection is the enemy of good enough, and looking over the pack of democrats running in 2020, Trump is more than good enough.

Artos
06-03-19, 17:38
I don't see any adverse reactions from trump on this...he doesn't like them because he is ignorant on them. If this even gains any traction I would bet those trusted will get him up to speed that suppressors are a non-issue in regards to firearms & a cash cow for the govt.

Certainly wouldn't let this steal any of your joy short term as shooting his mouth off at the hip before researching any 411 isn't anything unusual & then seeing him leveling out on the subject matter. I would assume/hope Trump Jr has some positive things to say on our behalf for good ole pops here pretty soon.

tb-av
06-03-19, 17:55
Maybe he wanted more money?

In that interview, Trump Jr. echoed the gun industry’s rhetoric that silencers address a public health issue and are meant to protect gun users’ hearing — hence the name of the bill before Congress, the Hearing Protection Act. When asked if his father would sign the bill should it pass Congress, Trump Jr. responded that “he’s obviously going to be for it.”

A few weeks later, on October 6, Waldron and his wife, Audrey, gave $100,000 total to a joint fundraising committee that distributed the money between Trump’s campaign ($5,400), the Republican National Committee ($44,600) and the Republican Party groups of numerous states ($50,000). Joshua Waldron ended up being invited to Trump’s inauguration, and he proudly publicized his visit to the event.

So we have gone from "He's obviously going to be for it" to "I don't like them at all"

The Dumb Gun Collector
06-03-19, 18:19
Hmm. Multiple choice:

A. Someone hijacked the counselor's account.
B. He is being sarcastic.
C. He is serious.
D. He's drunk after his martini lunch at the saloon.

If you don't vote for Trump, who would you vote for? write in? some Dem? since you said Trump is worse than Obama and Bush combined, who's left? Sit at home on your multi acre theme park? A non vote is the same as giving the other side the vote. Granted in your county in this electoral college, your one vote will probably not matter, it will go republican anyway.

You've been black balled from all future Hackathorn classes.

A. Nope
B. Nope
C. Yep
D. I plead the fif

I won't vote for someone who is anti-2nd Amendment just because they have a R by their name. I won't vote for Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden or Donald Trump if they somehow win the Republican nomination. Hopefully an actual Republican will unseat him in the primary (unlikely given the, let's just say "robust," loyalty of his supporters). Maybe I'll vote for the Libertarian again. As you say, it won't make any difference (by that standard, mathematically no one's vote really makes any difference).

As far as no longer attending Hackathorn classes, that's too bad. I always enjoyed y'all and learned a lot. But if I have to sign a loyalty oath to the dear leader to get party privileges, I guess I'll just have to be blackballed.

PatrioticDisorder
06-03-19, 18:21

This was DJT responding to a question off the cuff, he’s given this topic zero thought. Zero chance Trump tries to ban suppressors. If he does, he will be a one term president, he will completely lose the RKBA vote. No way Donald Jr. doesn’t educate him on the issue.

Firefly
06-03-19, 18:22
You'll get over it.

I know I did.

Honk. Honk.

tb-av
06-03-19, 18:27
Hopefully an actual Republican will unseat him in the primary (unlikely given the, let's just say "robust," loyalty of his supporters).

If an actual Republican existed, his supporters would jump ship. An actual Republican would need a --lot-- more than what we saw in the 2016 clownfest.

I agree with a lot of what you say and I'm pissed off about some things Trump does. Even said recently I might not vote for him if he goes anti 2A but the alternative will be anti 2A on steroids.

I can't vote a unicorn. Besides, Trump is the only person that scares the Dems.

26 Inf
06-03-19, 18:31

I don't think he can win. Of course, I didn't think he would win against Hilary, so take my predictions with a grain of salt.

If he doesn't say "I'm tired of the shit, you'll miss me when I'm gone' (could happen, we are talking DJT, after all) pretty quick we are toast.

No sitting president in the modern era has ever been successfully “primaried” — meaning that he ran for and lost his party’s nomination to run for a second term.

As far as being challenged during the primaries, that has not been a winner for an incumbent President, either:

A strong challenge from within his own party helped convince President Lyndon Johnson not to seek reelection in 1968. Strong challenges from within the party contributed to the eventual general election defeats of Presidents Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, and George H.W. Bush. https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/08/18/could-donald-trump-lose-in-the-gop-primaries/

Since I don't believe President Trump can win a second term, I feel our only chance is if he announces he won't seek a second term soon. and we can get a viable candidate running.

Don't think that is going to happen, though.

IMO we are screwed, blued and tattooed.

Artos
06-03-19, 18:40
Wow!! Who in the hell is going to beat him with the current field?? I see a landslide trump victory as of today for 2020??

I don't think he can win. Of course, I didn't think he would win against Hilary, so take my predictions with a grain of salt.

If he doesn't say "I'm tired of the shit, you'll miss me when I'm gone' (could happen, we are talking DJT, after all) pretty quick we are toast.

No sitting president in the modern era has ever been successfully “primaried” — meaning that he ran for and lost his party’s nomination to run for a second term.

As far as being challenged during the primaries, that has not been a winner for an incumbent President, either:

A strong challenge from within his own party helped convince President Lyndon Johnson not to seek reelection in 1968. Strong challenges from within the party contributed to the eventual general election defeats of Presidents Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, and George H.W. Bush. https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/08/18/could-donald-trump-lose-in-the-gop-primaries/

Since I don't believe President Trump can win a second term, I feel our only chance is if he announces he won't seek a second term soon. and we can get a viable candidate running.

Coal Dragger
06-03-19, 18:48
It doesn’t surprise me that Lord Cheeto said he doesn’t like suppressors. He usually fires off answers without thinking.

What remains to be seen is if he tries to do anything about it, and what he could actually do without legislation, which is probably not much.

I won’t be losing any sleep over this issue.

26 Inf
06-03-19, 19:07
Wow!! Who in the hell is going to beat him with the current field?? I see a landslide trump victory as of today for 2020??

I think Biden would have a shot if he gets the nomination:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_biden-6247.html

This surprised me:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_warren-6251.html

The thing that scares me about Warren is that she actually talks about her plans to solve issues in words folks can understand and make sense of. If she gets a chance to get into the front rooms of America and do some 'splaining, that could be problematic.

There is a reason that I have a box o' receivers.

tb-av
06-03-19, 20:01

There is zero chance that will happen. He is loving this. He is the most listened to AND most talked about human being on Earth.

He can certainly win in 2020. The very best the Dems can do is run Biden and he's a bumbling fool too. America will say better the Devil we know. Rather than Biden, Trump will actually try to do something. Who knows what but he will be in the middle of something. Biden will 'look Presidential' and do nothing.

Once these Dem debates and primary get wound up the Dem Party is going to show all it's fractured flaws. Even Uncle Joe won't be able to glue that sucker back together. It's going to be a CF of we hate Trump and we want free shit.

The only way Biden can beat Trump is if they can keep his mouth shut long enough. If they let him free wheel, he will bury himself.

jsbhike
06-03-19, 20:18
A. Nope
B. Nope
C. Yep
D. I plead the fif

I won't vote for someone who is anti-2nd Amendment just because they have a R by their name. I won't vote for Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden or Donald Trump if they somehow win the Republican nomination. Hopefully an actual Republican will unseat him in the primary (unlikely given the, let's just say "robust," loyalty of his supporters). Maybe I'll vote for the Libertarian again. As you say, it won't make any difference (by that standard, mathematically no one's vote really makes any difference).

As far as no longer attending Hackathorn classes, that's too bad. I always enjoyed y'all and learned a lot. But if I have to sign a loyalty oath to the dear leader to get party privileges, I guess I'll just have to be blackballed.

I agree with all of that except I think a real Republican supports anti 2nd Amendment laws. The ones that flat out won't are anomalies and usually detested by the wheels in the party along with a plethora of the base.

jerrysimons
06-03-19, 21:16
Everyone here needs to stop arguing about voting for Trump and pivot full court press into educating (or punching in the face) your stupid FUDD friends, family, acquaintances. That is the real problem here.

Just look at the comments on Breitbart’s Facebook post of this article to see what Trump’s FUDD worshipers have to say about silencers:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10163063092940354&id=95475020353&anchor_composer=false

57563 57564

The Dumb Gun Collector
06-03-19, 21:26
No shock. https://pics.me.me/bump-stocks-were-getting-rid-of-them-listen-pal-nobody-55400069.png

Hulkstr8
06-03-19, 21:44
This whole thread is hilarious. Enjoy socialism bois.

Firefly
06-03-19, 23:14
Gun people are a lot of times more oversensitive than the queerosexuals and the over-entitled black kids who just took their first semester of PoliSci at Morehouse.

You lose all objectivity and this is why you all get laughed out of the room when adults are talking.

I don't care for Trump these days but let's keep it real:

1. "I don't like them" can mean a lot of things. It can be simply dodging a question or him personally not caring about suppressors. He's a NYC Business Democrat who shits on gilded commodes. He doesn't toss on camo, break out the suppressed shorties and go night hunting and then enjoys a cigar with his buddies while sipping Coors/Mr. Pibb/Tab. His idea of a good time has long been putting the shoes to some blonde whore. Any answer he gave the reporter would have been 'wrong'.

2. You. Yes, You reading this. You have likely spent your whole life boot licking and complying. Reagan takes away full auto. But muh FOPA. Bush 1 takes away your imports. But muh Just Cause/Desert Storm. Clinton takes away your favorite guns for 10 years. "Aww shucks. Law is the law." Dubya takes away your import barrels and cucks the kit scene forever. But my GWOT/9/11. The Kenyan puts up sanctions to where there are no more AK74s/Russian guns and stirs up two panics where people were dropping 70 bucks on Pmags. "oh no one can stop him because we dont want to be perceived as racist"

And now....NOW...NOW you want to take this big stand because Trump said an off hand comment when caught on the spot? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

COME ON, MAN!!

3. Republicans are not the answer. Trump, despite his many...many...many flaws accomplished one good thing: He opened the door. I personally don't want to go back to Apple vs PC, Coke vs Pepsi, Android vs iOS, Democrat vs Republican. Its held us back. You are asking me to pick between Herpes and HPV and then smile about it. No.
I'm tired of it.
Democrats appeal to young assholes by promising shit that isnt theirs to give and Republicans appeal to old people by telling them lies they know isn't true.
Most pundits are a book deal and a job offer away from changing their minds.

So go on and kvetch and pearl clutch over the bad orange man hurting your whore feelings.

Me....I'm above all that and your lies.

I see what I've always seen. An alternate route. A chance. A third option.

The door is open. But please go ahead and slam it shut like a spoiled child over your pedestrian feelings.

Because its just what THEY want you to do. And it is a very Republican tactic to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

The Dumb Gun Collector
06-03-19, 23:30
LOL, well, I will say this. If the President comes back and says, "I didn't mean that" or "I guess I didn't hear the question right." I will be VERY happy. Almost happy enough to forgive him for his bump stock idiocy. But I would be mighty surprised. I think we would be way better off letting him know we are unhappy rather than just making excuses for him and hoping he doesn't crap all over us again. Look, turning a blind eye like a lot of folks here are doing is bad, but I am seeing FUDDs already saying "I mean, what do you need a suppressor for anyway?"

MountainRaven
06-03-19, 23:45
And now....NOW...NOW you want to take this big stand because Trump said an off hand comment when caught on the spot? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

COME ON, MAN!!

Something-something-something straw, something-something-something camel's back.

Firefly
06-04-19, 00:07
Something-something-something straw, something-something-something camel's back.

And you pick the president who is lacking social graces and isn't popular with either side at present.

Convenient.

Politically correct targets for politically correct people.

I go hunting with NODs/thermals and an AR. I'm long past caring what a "fudd" thinks. I likewise wager I get more meat.

MountainRaven
06-04-19, 00:26
And you pick the president who is lacking social graces and isn't popular with either side at present.

Convenient.

Politically correct targets for politically correct people.

I go hunting with NODs/thermals and an AR. I'm long past caring what a "fudd" thinks. I likewise wager I get more meat.

We didn't land on Donald Trump, Donald Trump landed on us.

ETA: Hunting big game with NODs/thermals is illegal, here - hunting is not legal (at least the shooting part) before one half-hour prior to sunrise, nor after one half-hour past sunset. And I ain't impressed by someone who needs NODs and thermals - or a 338 Lapua or any other expensive toys - to fill their larder with elk and venison.

Firefly
06-04-19, 00:37

That's a really weak thing to say.

All the Dems were socialist; all the Repubs were milquetoast.

You had decades to get it together and you pick now? Sad.

Perpetual victimhood. Lame. It's always some reason.

I literally have more respect for thuggies with Dracos and stolen Glock 26s with extendos than the "gun people" because they don't spend a single minute worrying about gun laws or what some politician said on TV.

MountainRaven
06-04-19, 00:42
That's a really weak thing to say.

All the Dems were socialist; all the Repubs were milquetoast.

You had decades to get it together and you pick now? Sad.

Perpetual victimhood. Lame. It's always some reason.

I literally have more respect for thuggies with Dracos and stolen Glock 26s with extendos than the "gun people" because they don't spend a single minute worrying about gun laws or what some politician said on TV.

I've been voting for a decade and the only Republican I've voted for for president was McCain. Every other election I've voted for the Libertarian candidate.

My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperial. Can you say the same?

Firefly
06-04-19, 00:55
I've been voting for a decade and the only Republican I've voted for for president was McCain. Every other election I've voted for the Libertarian candidate.

My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperial. Can you say the same?

Imperial? My people have been here since before Christ. I been voting for 20 years and while my focus was on regional candidates; I've certainly voted for some more colorful presidential candidates (Pat Buchanan anyone?)

And my amcestors love me.

AKDoug
06-04-19, 01:03

ETA: Hunting big game with NODs/thermals is illegal, here - hunting is not legal (at least the shooting part) before one half-hour prior to sunrise, nor after one half-hour past sunset. And I ain't impressed by someone who needs NODs and thermals - or a 338 Lapua or any other expensive toys - to fill their larder with elk and venison.

NOD's puts pigs on the table.. and it's fun as Hell. Not everyone lives in the elk and deer world.

Firefly
06-04-19, 01:12
I dont care if it impresses people or not. I live in a free state where we can very much use NODs, Thermals, and suppressors plus pigs are vermin and have no limit.

You can miss me with the whole fudd "spirit of the hunt" crap where you use a lever gun or a bolt action.

My time is valuable and when I get innawoods I wanna have fun. I wager NODs, IR lasers, Thermals, and suppressors make hunting SAFER.

I mean...you dont buy all that crap just to have. You actually SHOOT it dont you?

OldState
06-04-19, 04:24
I have been following politics since a young age. I’ve been addicted to the news since Obama was elected. The 2nd Amendment is my top issue. I was also a history major and a huge history buff.

What this has all taught me is that only a fool votes for and individual or a personality. Politicians almost always vote party line and, like it or not, we have just two parties. I vote for the person likely to sign legislation I like and not sign what I don’t. That unfortunately means a party line vote.
Also, supreme court pics cannot be understated. Trump got us those and if re-elected will outlast Ginsburg for another with a 6-3 mix on the side of the Constitution.

I trend more libertarian (though their are some real dopes in that scene) than Republican, but I recognize the the best way is to change existing Republicans rather than vote for a third-party. I voted for Ross Perot when I was 18 and saw that elected bill Clinton. I swore at that time I would never do that again . Ross Perot brought us Bill Clinton twice who brought us the assault weapons ban. There’s no other way to spin it.

jsbhike
06-04-19, 05:38
I have been following politics since a young age. I’ve been addicted to the news since Obama was elected. The 2nd Amendment is my top issue. I was also a history major and a huge history buff.

What this has all taught me is that only a fool votes for and individual or a personality. Politicians almost always vote party line and, like it or not, we have just two parties. I vote for the person likely to sign legislation I like and not sign what I don’t. That unfortunately means a party line vote.
Also, supreme court pics cannot be understated. Trump got us those and if re-elected will outlast Ginsburg for another with a 6-3 mix on the side of the Constitution.

I trend more libertarian (though their are some real dopes in that scene) than Republican, but I recognize the the best way is to change existing Republicans rather than vote for a third-party. I voted for Ross Perot when I was 18 and saw that elected bill Clinton. I swore at that time I would never do that again . Ross Perot brought us Bill Clinton twice who brought us the assault weapons ban. There’s no other way to spin it.

The supreme Court has been Republican controlled since the 1950's and we have 2 semi auto bans permanently on the books from republicans.

themonk
06-04-19, 05:43
The supreme Court has been Republican controlled since the 1950's and we have 2 semi auto bans permanently on the books from republicans.

Not this conservative.

Try your luck on the other side and let us know how that works out for you.

jsbhike
06-04-19, 06:03
Not this conservative.

Try your luck on the other side and let us know how that works out for you.

What other side are you talking about? Another side might equal positive results.

It seems all of that has had strong unipartisan support. Just pointing out which side of the same coin landed up for those ponts.

Adrenaline_6
06-04-19, 07:15

It's not repub or dem that matters - it's whether they are a constitutionalist or progressive that does. Trump has put 2 in there and if he wins again, let's hope Ginsberg stepping down or kicking it puts another in for the win that really matters.

jsbhike
06-04-19, 07:24
It's not repub or dem that matters - it's whether they are a constitutionalist or progressive that does. .

Well, yeah.

That being said, it isn't exactly a winning plan to count on a Republican occasionally screwing up and appointing a Constitutionalist though.

Adrenaline_6
06-04-19, 07:40
Well, yeah.

That being said, it isn't exactly a winning plan to count on a Republican occasionally screwing up and appointing a Constitutionalist though.

Versus what? A dem guaranteeing a progressive? Trump has appointed two already, you need more proof? Sure, there are no guarantees, but you have to look at the big picture and weigh out the odds here.

themonk
06-04-19, 07:43
Well, yeah.

How is trump occasionally screwing up when it come to judicial nominations? The Administration, McConnell, and the Federalist Society have appointed 112 hard core constitutionalist to the the federal judiciary. Even if he doesn't get reelected this will be an amazing showing of the judiciary that will have repercussions for decades. The senate no longer needs 60 votes (thanks to Harry Reid) to confirm, so the level of conservatism of the judges has gone through the roof. NONE of these men and women would have gotten appointed under Bush.

jsbhike
06-04-19, 07:50
Time will tell with Trump's nominees.

Based on the previous 50 years of Republican majority supreme Court justices I am not holding my breath.

Based on that majority, if Republican nominees were the key to 2nd amendment success we wouldn't be having the problems we currently do.

themonk
06-04-19, 07:59
Time will tell with Trump's nominees.

Based on the previous 50 years of Republican majority supreme Court justices I am not holding my breath.

Based on that majority, if Republican nominees were the key to 2nd amendment success we wouldn't be having the problems we currently do.

Its clear from your responses that you may not understand what and why under Trump this is different. You may want to do some light reading - https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=qWr2XJHULuzn_QbuwY6ABw&q=why+are+Donald+Trump%27s+judicial+nominations+different&oq=why+are+Donald+Trump%27s+judicial+nominations+different&gs_l=psy-ab.12...1600.1600..1898...0.0..0.139.139.0j1......0....2j1..gws-wiz.....0.0WvCiavbhYQ

Benito
06-04-19, 11:05
Thanks for admitting he is bringing zero to the table....other than taking more of our tax money.

The problems with Yang have nothing to do with $1k/month Yangbux. The federal government wastes literally orders of magnitude more money than that on all sorts of carp that is not only useless, but actually extremely destructive to the not only its own populace but the world as a whole.
Conservatives are real big on muh fiscal responsibility but love the billions of dollars of direct "aid" to countries that spy on us and steal our nuclear secrets (I am talking about Israel), countries that literally commit terrorism against us (Saudi Arabia), not to mention the trillions of dollars of indirect aid, i.e. the vast majority of "defense" spending.

The Federal Reserve, while technically a private body, is nonetheless controlled by the same people who control government, and literally billions and trillions of dollars are created into existence at the press of a button and then given to massive banks to loan out at much higher interest than they got it for. That's fine because muh GDP, but giving some cash to actual people is somehow bad.

This whole thread is hilarious. Enjoy socialism bois.

There are more than just 2 political positions. This false paradigm/dialectic was created specifically to allow you us to only "choose" between communism and capitalism. Under both systems, the exact same people win and remain on top.

I was fooled by Trump, I won't lie. I fell for his campaign lies. He was very convincing.
His actions have shown his true colors. He is loyal to the exact same globalist masters than Hillary is loyal to, and all the rest of them are loyal to.
We went from a guy obviously implying that he would reduce immigration (both illegal AND legal) to bragging about he will bring in the most immigrants ever (but legally, LOL, because being demographically replaced and your wages slashed as a result of cheap labor is okay as long as it's done by the book).
Well, at least he kept his promise to AIPAC/Israel to move the embassy to Jerusalem, give them the Golan Heights, to keep troops in Syria to interfere with Assad finishing off ISIS, and to occasionally bomb Syrian forces fighting against ISIS.
**** yeah!!! A President with balls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, as the saying goes, you dance with the one that brung ya.

glocktogo
06-04-19, 11:06
If I got this right the murderer had a “silencer” and managed to kill 12 people in the 2 minutes it took for the police to respond. So if “silencers” are illegal then the police could have responded in 1.5 minutes with 9 killed?

According to Northam, yes.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-nation-is-watching-virginia-governor-orders-special-session-on-gun-control-after-virginia-beach-shootings/ar-AACnATg?ocid=ientp

"The nation is watching," Northam said at a new conference. "We must do more than give our thoughts and prayers. We must give Virginians the action they deserve."

Northam said he would seek universal background checks, bans on assault weapons and suppressors, extreme risk protective orders, child access prevention and other restrictions.

"It is wrong that we now view these mass shootings as the new normal," Northam said. "It is past time to change."

Northam said he had previously asked the Legislature for a number of tighter gun restrictions. But he said lawmakers repeatedly rejected his requests.

"This weekend's tragedy ... must instill in us a new urgency to act," he said. "If we can save one life because we acted now, it is worth it."

I'd agree with you in part but...

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/446136-professor-who-has-correctly-predicted-nine-presidential-elections-says

Outlander Systems
06-04-19, 11:48
This goy right here is woke as absolute ****.

The problems with Yang have nothing to do with $1k/month Yangbux. The federal government wastes literally orders of magnitude more money than that on all sorts of carp that is not only useless, but actually extremely destructive to the not only its own populace but the world as a whole.
Conservatives are real big on muh fiscal responsibility but love the billions of dollars of direct "aid" to countries that spy on us and steal our nuclear secrets (I am talking about Israel), countries that literally commit terrorism against us (Saudi Arabia), not to mention the trillions of dollars of indirect aid, i.e. the vast majority of "defense" spending.

The Federal Reserve, while technically a private body, is nonetheless controlled by the same people who control government, and literally billions and trillions of dollars are created into existence at the press of a button and then given to massive banks to loan out at much higher interest than they got it for. That's fine because muh GDP, but giving some cash to actual people is somehow bad.

There are more than just 2 political positions. This false paradigm/dialectic was created specifically to allow you us to only "choose" between communism and capitalism. Under both systems, the exact same people win and remain on top.

I was fooled by Trump, I won't lie. I fell for his campaign lies. He was very convincing.
His actions have shown his true colors. He is loyal to the exact same globalist masters than Hillary is loyal to, and all the rest of them are loyal to.
We went from a guy obviously implying that he would reduce immigration (both illegal AND legal) to bragging about he will bring in the most immigrants ever (but legally, LOL, because being demographically replaced and your wages slashed as a result of cheap labor is okay as long as it's done by the book).
Well, at least he kept his promise to AIPAC/Israel to move the embassy to Jerusalem, give them the Golan Heights, to keep troops in Syria to interfere with Assad finishing off ISIS, and to occasionally bomb Syrian forces fighting against ISIS.

26 Inf
06-04-19, 12:03
NOD's puts pigs on the table.. and it's fun as Hell. Not everyone lives in the elk and deer world.

Do they have feral hogs in Alaska?

26 Inf
06-04-19, 12:47
I'd agree with you in part but...

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/446136-professor-who-has-correctly-predicted-nine-presidential-elections-says

The Professor in the article you quoted, Allan Lichtman, uses 13 key indicators to predict presidential elections. According to Wikii:

The Keys are statements that favor victory (in the popular vote count) for the incumbent party. When five or fewer statements are false, the incumbent party is predicted to win the popular vote; when six or more are false, the challenging party is predicted to win the popular vote.

Let's see how President Trump does, from my perspective:

Party Mandate: After the midterm elections, the incumbent party holds more seats in the U.S. House of Representatives than after the previous midterm elections. President Trump is lacking this - Strike 1)

Contest: There is no serious contest for the incumbent party nomination.

Incumbency: The incumbent party candidate is the sitting president.

Third party: There is no significant third party or independent campaign.

Short term economy: The economy is not in recession during the election campaign.

Long term economy: Real per capita economic growth during the term equals or exceeds mean growth during the previous two terms.

Policy change: The incumbent administration effects major changes in national policy. President Trump's Administration has done this, but I think more folks are worried about the changes than are encouraged by them - I think a more telling question is do Americans feel safer as a result of the policy changes. Not strike 2 against President Trump, but not a hit in his favor IMO.

Social unrest: There is no sustained social unrest during the term. The article didn't list this as a strike, but I think most folks think there is social unrest - I'm going with Strike 2 for President TRump.

Scandal: The incumbent administration is untainted by major scandal. Oh, snap, Strike 3

Foreign/military failure: The incumbent administration suffers no major failure in foreign or military affairs.

Foreign/military success: The incumbent administration achieves a major success in foreign or military affairs. The story called this a strike, not so sure, I'm going not a strike, but not as hit

Incumbent charisma: The incumbent party candidate is charismatic or a national hero. I'd call it Strike 4 against President Trump

Challenger charisma: The challenging party candidate is not charismatic or a national hero. I'd say Uncle Joe is charismatic, so if he is the opposition candidate, I'd go with Strike 5

Lichtman says the Trump administration is down three key factors: Republican losses in the midterms elections, a “lack of foreign policy success” and Trump’s “limited appeal to voters,” CNN reported. Impeachment would trigger a fourth key — scandal over the proceeding’s public nature......Lichtman cited scandal as a central factor in former Vice President Al Gore’s loss in the 2000 presidential election after President Clinton’s impeachment process.

I think if you posed this question to the average voter: 'Is President Trump a man of integrity?' the answer would be no. If Slick Willy getting a hummer cost Gore the Presidency, the stuff that has been thrown about since President Trump took office is going to stick to President Trump. Could the Dems resist a showcase of convicted members of President Trump's campaign staff and SecDef Mattis's letter? SecDef Mattis was both a hero and charismatic.

Uncle Joe doesn't scare folks as much as Hilary did. Bernie, maybe, Uncle Joe, no,

Just the way I see it.

jpmuscle
06-04-19, 13:43

Are you a communist?

ramairthree
06-04-19, 13:51
Are you a communist?

People all about violating the constitution to save just one life are always just after the 2A.

I could come up with some legal ways and some unconstitutional ways to save more lives than you could ever accomplish any other way.

Yet the opposite of those ways is all we ever see.

Adrenaline_6
06-04-19, 14:04

That's where you have run astray. It IS about free money. It breeds more dependence not independence. Federal waste is a totally separate line item on a list of problems. You can't say "Well, my house is not very energy efficient and I eat out too much and my kids leave the lights on all the time, so what the hell. I'll just spend more money I don't have and tell my kids to keep being irresponsible. What difference will it make?" That's a total lack of logic.

Legal immigration labor does not and never will equal the same as illegal immigration labor, comparing the two cannot and shouldn't be done - you are reaching - big time.

What does the Fed Reserve have to do with Trump? I agree it should be done away with, but...really?

It is already theorized that if all the money were divided equally, pretty much the same people would end up ahead again in the end, so what's your point?

jpmuscle
06-04-19, 14:04
Fudds gonna fudd sadly

Outlander Systems
06-04-19, 14:16
This guy thinks things will get better if we just vote hard enough at them.

Lmfao

That's where you have run astray. It IS about free money. It breeds more dependence not independence. Federal waste is a totally separate line item on a list of problems. You can't say "Well, my house is not very energy efficient and I eat out too much and my kids leave the lights on all the time, so what the hell. I'll just spend more money I don't have and tell my kids to keep being irresponsible. What difference will it make?" That's a total lack of logic.

Legal immigration labor does not and never will equal the same as illegal immigration labor, comparing the two cannot and shouldn't be done - you are reaching - big time.

What does the Fed Reserve have to do with Trump? I agree it should be done away with, but...really?

It is already theorized that if all the money were divided equally, pretty much the same people would end up ahead again in the end, so what's your point?

SteyrAUG
06-04-19, 14:18
How important is the intent if the result is that you fail going at things through the more Constitutionally-sound route versus succeeding through a totally not-at-all Constitutional route?

Well here is another thing, who says Trump will be able to accomplish anything with suppressors. My point is we can't say candidate A is better on guns than Candidate B simply because Candidate A was so incompetent he didn't realize he couldn't EO every one of his hopes and dreams.

So with Trump we have to do what we've had to do with every other "I'm pro gun except..." individual and that is hammer him as hard as we can. Phone calls, emails, make all efforts to block any legislation, etc.

26 Inf
06-04-19, 15:47

Fly, normally I fly welded wing with you, but I'm breaking right on this one.

You go harvesting with NOD's/thermals, IMO that is no more hunting than the guy who shots a deer off his feeder.

It may be fun, but, sorry, breaking right on calling it hunting.

Outlander Systems
06-04-19, 15:53
You do realize there are people who hunt things other than deer, right?

You go harvesting with NOD's/thermals, IMO that is no more hunting than the guy who shots a deer off his feeder.

Coal Dragger
06-04-19, 15:55
Rather than wringing our hands about what Lord Cheeto May or May not think about suppressors, maybe it would be more constructive to write all of our various Congress critters expressing to them our support for the legal sale, possession, and use of suppressors. Write letter to the White House too.

Bitching about this in a forum is preaching to the choir, and none of this conversation is going to reach a decision maker on this issue. That is unless we reach out to those individuals in a positive courteous way, and a letter is not a bad start.

26 Inf
06-04-19, 16:08
You do realize there are people who hunt things other than deer, right?

Yep, even in Kansas.

Outlander Systems
06-04-19, 17:25
This.

Fudds gonna fudd sadly

Honu
06-04-19, 17:37
One huge problem is so many think he can just do what he wants and actually change DC and our gov ?

Think of a HS principal that goes to a wrecked horrible progressive left school and tries to change it
The bad kids still act up maybe worse good kids just put nose down to get through it and the teachers are like bad kids and refuse to obey the principal and even go beyond what they were before to prove the point

Sure he can write up do some things but the board gets involved and so on

Fact:republicans are so far gone from what they were just like the democrats are and both have always been against us the people for some time

Firefly
06-04-19, 18:38
whatever I shoot animals.

SteyrAUG
06-04-19, 20:45

So I'm conflicted. I'd rather people hunt deer with NODs and a rifle round vs. bow hunt or handgun during the day.

I'm not concerned at all about challenge level, I'm concerned about quick, humane kill. At least deer get to live some kind of life compared to cows which we keep in pens and then kit them in the head with an auto hammer. Not a lot of sport in that and we humans can be a hypocritical lot.

We should have free range cattle and a cattle season. Wouldn't be really hard but at least they'd live a little.

Campbell
06-04-19, 21:09
Rather than wringing our hands about what Lord Cheeto May or May not think about suppressors, maybe it would be more constructive to write all of our various Congress critters expressing to them our support for the legal sale, possession, and use of suppressors. Write letter to the White House too.

Bitching about this in a forum is preaching to the choir, and none of this conversation is going to reach a decision maker on this issue. That is unless we reach out to those individuals in a positive courteous way, and a letter is not a bad start.

Big fat +1

MountainRaven
06-04-19, 21:57
I dont care if it impresses people or not. I live in a free state where we can very much use NODs, Thermals, and suppressors plus pigs are vermin and have no limit.

You can miss me with the whole fudd "spirit of the hunt" crap where you use a lever gun or a bolt action.

My time is valuable and when I get innawoods I wanna have fun. I wager NODs, IR lasers, Thermals, and suppressors make hunting SAFER.

I mean...you dont buy all that crap just to have. You actually SHOOT it dont you?

Ain't got pigs, here.

Yotes aren't worth spending the money on NODs, IR lasers, &c. Maybe if I had a ranch and needed a way to burn moonlight on those long winter nights.... I ain't fuggin' eatin' them things, though.

And who said anything about a lever gun or a bolt action? Bow or handgun. Get close enough to whack 'em humanely with those. Do it with your carry gun. Hell, use NODs, IR lasers, thermals, whatever with 'em if you want.

Imperial?

I used to be a Republican like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

26 Inf
06-04-19, 22:38
So I'm conflicted. I'd rather people hunt deer with NODs and a rifle round vs. bow hunt or handgun during the day.

I'm not concerned at all about challenge level, I'm concerned about quick, humane kill. At least deer get to live some kind of life compared to cows which we keep in pens and then kit them in the head with an auto hammer. Not a lot of sport in that and we humans can be a hypocritical lot.

We should have free range cattle and a cattle season. Wouldn't be really hard but at least they'd live a little.

I think you are being a little too anthropormorphistic. Their brains don't work the same as ours.

A good hunter doesn't intentionally take a shot that is likely to cause an animal to suffer.

Years ago I was the biggest Elemr Keith fan there was, then I read his book Hell, I Was There and understood how many animals he had doomed to bleed out or become the injured victim of a predator because of his penchant for chasing the long shot. Fvck him.

Firefly
06-04-19, 22:50
I try to be humane as possible and never pistol hunt with anything less than a 44 or a 10mm. I dont go for trick shots. I stay within relative close range and use nothing lighter than a 64gr 5.56. Though my predilection is 7.62 from my SR-25.

I likewise cannot abide suffering

SteyrAUG
06-05-19, 01:09
I think you are being a little too anthropormorphistic. Their brains don't work the same as ours.

A good hunter doesn't intentionally take a shot that is likely to cause an animal to suffer.

Years ago I was the biggest Elemr Keith fan there was, then I read his book Hell, I Was There and understood how many animals he had doomed to bleed out or become the injured victim of a predator because of his penchant for chasing the long shot. Fvck him.

So that's basically where I was going with that.

As the apex predator on the planet who also is sentient and realizes animals do have emotions, even though their brains don't function exactly like ours, I think we accept a responsibility for the most humane kill we are capable of if we are going to kill.

It's not like we are talking about killing something completely inconsequential like pedophiles.

We know we kill for food, sometimes conservation and about a dozen other reasons. I personally don't agree with killing simply for sport, especially trophy hunting, but that is just my opinion. I understand hunting to develop the skill set as it relates to survival and for that reason I accept bow hunting even though I'd personally never be interested.

But when I hunt, I'm hunting groceries. I'm not out there for the challenge, to commune with nature or to practice tradition or heritage. This is why most of my hunts happen in aisle 7 of the grocery store. And if I am hunting live animals, quick and humane is the most important thing to me. That is because I have a general respect for all life...except for pedophiles and other feral humans.

Of course along those lines, I could hunt feral humans all day without regard for them in any way whatsoever except of course for respecting Constitutional restrictions on the practice specifically. That and of course the fact that like everything else humans attempt to do we'd end up doing it wrong and the wrong people would end up running for their lives for the amusement of predatory sociopaths with a "purge" fantasy.

SteyrAUG
06-05-19, 01:14
I try to be humane as possible and never pistol hunt with anything less than a 44 or a 10mm. I dont go for trick shots. I stay within relative close range and use nothing lighter than a 64gr 5.56. Though my predilection is 7.62 from my SR-25.

I likewise cannot abide suffering

I think we are responsible for our kill. I don't want to get all native american about it, but it is our survival and we owe something to the animal we take which sustains us. Being able to order a cheeseburger at McDonalds provides most people the distance they prefer to not accept any or much responsibility. So like you, I feel responsible for the level of suffering I inflict and prefer to keep it at a minimum. I don't even like the "stalk" because the animal typically knows it's being hunted. I'd rather blind ambush so hunting with things like NOD's is perfectly acceptable to me and in many ways more humane.

AKDoug
06-05-19, 02:05
I think we are responsible for our kill. I don't want to get all native american about it, but it is our survival and we owe something to the animal we take which sustains us. Being able to order a cheeseburger at McDonalds provides most people the distance they prefer to not accept any or much responsibility. So like you, I feel responsible for the level of suffering I inflict and prefer to keep it at a minimum. I don't even like the "stalk" because the animal typically knows it's being hunted. I'd rather blind ambush so hunting with things like NOD's is perfectly acceptable to me and in many ways more humane.

You don't want to "go all Native American about it".. like when they drove hundreds of buffalo off cliffs and left what they couldn't handle to rot.. or "all Native American about it" when Inuits rolled up whale baleen into balls of seal fat and fed them to polar bears, then followed the bears while they died an excruciating death as the baleen tore up their guts. This fantasy idea that the original peoples of North America were some how morally superior to current hunters needs to go away.

Iraqgunz
06-05-19, 03:21
I am voting for whomever promises to set it off and let it begin.......

The Dumb Gun Collector
06-05-19, 07:56
Well, I guess we can stop pretending it was an off the cuff remark Or that he didn’t understand the question . I can’t wait to hear the next round of excuses for this ...

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/06/luis-valdes/trump-were-goin-to-seriously-look-at-banning-suppressors/

I don’t mind that some people were tricked by this guy, what bothers me is the number of people who will now change their opinion to agree with him. The NFA is now in danger thanks Trump.

tb-av
06-05-19, 08:05
“Well, I’d like to think about it. I’m going to seriously look at it.”

I hope he does seriously look at it. Then he will have to come to the conclusion that they are non-issue. There is no other conclusion. Unlike the bump stock which was a gimmick and was intended to simulate fast rates of fire. Still wrong decision but the suppressor has no gray area like that.

Even Don Jr's comments.

Better for hunting
Better to train children with
Better for hearing
Do not silence

No way Trump knows those things.

jsbhike
06-05-19, 08:06
Well, I guess we can stop pretending it was an off the cuff remark Or that he didn’t understand the question . I can’t wait to hear the next round of excuses for this ...

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/06/luis-valdes/trump-were-goin-to-seriously-look-at-banning-suppressors/

I don’t mind that some people were tricked by this guy, what bothers me is the number of people who will now change their opinion to agree with him. The NFA is now in danger thanks Trump.

The abused spouse/Stockholm Syndrome crowd and the sycophants will be getting their stories lined up.

06-05-19, 08:09
I hope he does seriously look at it. Then he will have to come to the conclusion that they are non-issue. There is no other conclusion. Unlike the bump stock which was a gimmick and was intended to simulate fast rates of fire. Still wrong decision but the suppressor has no gray area like that.

Even Don Jr's comments.

Better for hunting
Better to train children with
Better for hearing
Do not silence

No way Trump knows those things.

Also, why do we allow silencers on automobiles? All of those reasons are why we should allow silencers on firearms.

Adrenaline_6
06-05-19, 08:27
If he bans silencers, he seals his fate for re-election. Every one of his campaign advisers know this. Never going to happen.

06-05-19, 09:20
If he bans silencers, he seals his fate for re-election. Every one of his campaign advisers know this. Never going to happen.

I think we might be a smaller group than you think.

Circle_10
06-05-19, 10:00
You know, the elation that I felt in November of '16 has certainly worn off.

26 Inf
06-05-19, 10:04
I think we might be a smaller group than you think.

I agree. It is an easy trap to fall into, especially when you are on forums/chat groups, etc. of like-minded people.

OldState
06-05-19, 10:11

I’m still under the belief he is just bloviating. He has no clue about suppressors but I imagine will be educated shortly. He probably doesn’t even understand what the NFA is.

But I don’t understand “being tricked”. I certainly wasn’t tricked. If you are talking about the primaries you may have a point but in the general election there was only ONE clear choice- a Democrat who would sign ANY anti gun legislation that would come across their desk or one that probably would not.

We weren't electing any third party candidate so now we have “I’ll take a serious look at it” vs “I’ll work to ban anything related to firearms I can possibly get away with”. A clear choice there for me.

Again, follow political history long enough and you will come to the determination that the wisest vote is simply party line. The personalities are largely meaningless in the grand scope of things. We only have a choice of the best available.

Outlander Systems
06-05-19, 10:48
You should really try them sometime before you knock ‘em. They taste exactly like tobasco.

I ain't fuggin' eatin' them things, though.

Outlander Systems
06-05-19, 11:06
I think if we keep voting at them, they’ll leave us alone.

The Dumb Gun Collector
06-05-19, 11:23
The 2A crowd needs to explode on this guy. We need to let him know we will leave, and the NRA won’t fund him (his number one source of funds iirc). If we don’t stop him now we are screwed. Trump has turned on a dime before, all we ask is turn right back

Outlander Systems
06-05-19, 11:38
Check the archives. I was a voracious supporter through 2015 and 2016.

He can **** right off, mate.

I’m voting accelerationism from here on out.

The 2A crowd needs to explode on this guy. We need to let him know we will leave, and the NRA won’t fund him (his number one source of funds iirc). If we don’t stop him now we are screwed. Trump has turned on a dime before, all we ask is turn right back

Tx_Aggie
06-05-19, 12:01

Amen to that. Doing so now.

jsbhike
06-05-19, 12:06

I wouldn't count on the NRA opposing him. Fighting to get suppressors back would be a good fund raising slogan for them.

OldState
06-05-19, 12:46
My dream is that the NYC gun case at SCOTUS will be ruled that all gun laws need to pass extreme scrutiny and not be arbitrary. That legislation must have a very high likelihood of achieving its goal and not infringe it needlessly burden.

Thomas wants that and if so could possibly destroy the NFA and many weapon and mag ban laws. We can only hope....

tb-av
06-05-19, 12:52
White House

Pick up your phone and dial the White House. Dial one of the following numbers, depending on who you’d like to reach and what you’d like to say: for Comments, call 202-456-1111 (TTY/TTD 202-456-6213), or to reach the Switchboard, call 202-456-1414 (TTY/TTD Visitor's Office: 202-456-2121).[4]

The Comments line is answered by volunteers with the current administration.[5]
The Switchboard line is answered by White House staff members.[6]

Web Interface to President:
https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/

tb-av
06-05-19, 12:58
Well, I'm not the most eloquent, but at least I'm trying. Sent it through the web site. I figure if they see enough of these the word will get to him.

Dear President Trump,

I am writing to let you know how disappointed I am to hear you are considering banning suppressors. I beg you to please talk to Gun Owners of America or even your own son Don Jr. for an education on these devices. They are not being accurately portrayed in the media.

Regarding our 2nd Amendment rights. They are being chipped away by uninformed and irrational reasoning.

I am sorry to say that if you continue to infringe on the Constitutional rights of honest citizens then your loss of the 2020 election will make your 2016 win look like a tempest in a teapot.

I implore you to seek out a quality education on suppressors and the thousands upon thousands that are purchased monthly all at a BATF tax of $200 each along very lengthy wait of at least six months. All this and yet you rarely if ever hear of a crime being carried out with them.

For you to side with the Liberal mindset on this is beyond belief. Yet it is apparently so.

You will lose the 2020 election with this thinking. It is not in keeping with our Constitutional rights which you vowed to uphold.

Thank you,

grizzlyblake
06-05-19, 13:00

Probably would have very little effect. I talked about it with two guys here at work over lunch - both are very conservative gun owners who are pro-Trump. Both stated that nobody needs a suppressor or bump stock, and they see nothing wrong with tighter restrictions on items like that. They also both support universal background checks so that private sellers don't unknowingly sell a gun to a felon.

This echo chamber forum is a drop in the bucket on the political landscape and is essentially meaningless.

tb-av
06-05-19, 13:06
Then you better help out at being the squeaky wheel.

All of the people that get what they want are drops in the bucket in the grand scheme. If you believe more in two guys you work with than you do your ability to make change then you have already lost.

The reality is that your single voice in the right place can offset 10 or more of your co-workers.

It's always worked that way.

grizzlyblake
06-05-19, 13:13
I agree with what you are saying. My point was that I was under the expectation that they would automatically share the outrage I have about the issue, which was not the case.

I run a branch of a construction company. We have two females employed in the entire organization - one front desk girl and one HR girl. Otherwise all hard working men who like trucks, guns, hunting, etc.

The fact that it's not common with this demographic to take issue with banning bump stock and suppressors is what is interesting, and would reasonably be a good snapshot at what the gun owning American voter thinks.

Adrenaline_6
06-05-19, 13:17
Probably would have very little effect. I talked about it with two guys here at work over lunch - both are very conservative gun owners who are pro-Trump. Both stated that nobody needs a suppressor or bump stock, and they see nothing wrong with tighter restrictions on items like that. They also both support universal background checks so that private sellers don't unknowingly sell a gun to a felon.

This echo chamber forum is a drop in the bucket on the political landscape and is essentially meaningless.

That is not the overall sentiment where I work and with the people I know, but who knows the overall numbers. I agree though, you need to set those guys straight. Then they tell others...and so on. That's all we can do.

tb-av
06-05-19, 13:34
@grizzlyblake
Yeah, I know, it's scary.

It's basically ignorance at the core. Hell you can't even get over 85% of this forum to agree on what might seem like a no-brainer. In fact, I have reached the point that if someone tells me they sent money to NRA or joined something positive, my initial reaction is surprised.

I don't trust anyone to do right these days. Not so much that I think they are wrong but more so that everyone is too wrapped up in keeping up with their own lives. So it's very easy for many to take the "99 channels and nothing on", "you don't need that" mentality.

It's amazing how politicians have been able to criminalize Freedom over the years. It's reaching or maybe even is at a point of free form regulation now. Anyone that can draw enough attention can get elected and start putting forth the most bizarre regulations on citizens and very few will do other than simply adapt.

Ask your co-workers how they would like to pay a $200 tax on a scope and wait six months. Better yet, tell them for each one that goes to GOA and sends and automated letter or through the .gov site or whatever that supports the 2A you will buy a box of shotgun shells. Bribery works. If that's what it takes that's what we have to do. Once you get them involved they will stay involved. The 2A will be 'their team' from then on out and they won't want to see it lose.

We have to educate people and get them involved. They have no motivation to do it on their own.

Firefly
06-05-19, 14:40
I am voting for whomever promises to set it off and let it begin.......

You say that but there's a lot of running involved, just say'n

Tomahawk_Ghost
06-05-19, 14:43
You want to know something disturbing. Obama signed legislation making is so you could carry your CCW handgun within the limitations of State regulations in National Parks. Replaced Ronald Reagan's policy of guns be locked in cars unloaded. Signed legislation that allowed you to check your firearm on Amtrak reversing a a policy put in after 9/11 under GWB .

He never signed any anti-gun legislation.

Wine is my choice.

Outlander Systems
06-05-19, 14:49
I've begun to consider that he was, secretly, /ourguy/ all along...

https://www.politico.com/blogs/politico44/2013/01/obamas-secret-skeet-shooting-155422

You want to know something disturbing. Obama signed legislation making is so you could carry your CCW handgun within the limitations of State regulations in National Parks. Replaced Ronald Reagan's policy of guns be locked in cars unloaded. Signed legislation that allowed you to check your firearm on Amtrak reversing a a policy put in after 9/11 under GWB .

He never signed any anti-gun legislation.

Wine is my choice.

Outlander Systems
06-05-19, 14:53
https://www.yang2020.com/policies/the-freedom-dividend/

There’s a way out, boyos.

Just imagine an extra $1,000 a month to spend on cases of 5.56 and cans.

06-05-19, 15:00
Well, I'm not the most eloquent, but at least I'm trying. Sent it through the web site. I figure if they see enough of these the word will get to him.

Thanks. Sent. My partner is sending also.

AndyLate
06-05-19, 15:08

I don't care who you are, that's funny...

glocktogo
06-05-19, 16:18

He still says a metric buttload of stuff he doesn't mean and/or doesn't follow through on. But if he does and goes after suppressors, that's a bright red line and I'm done. :mad:

Can anyone hook me up with a pintle mount? :moil:

https://www.bing.com/th?id=OIP.dJYrZVtrfo3ZHKzQU6GFNQHaE8&pid=Api&rs=1&p=0

jpmuscle
06-05-19, 17:39
The world needs more Kill Dozers

Circle_10
06-05-19, 19:04

Wow, that would just about cover the pay cut my job gave me in 2016.

Wake27
06-05-19, 19:58

And we can do it without adding a cent to our national debt by just printing enough extra money to cover that $1k per person.

Alex V
06-05-19, 20:11
Meh.

Just ordered my first silencer. Dear Air Sandman L.

Outlander Systems
06-05-19, 20:26
Don’t even have to inflate the currency my guy. Jeff Bezos and Mark Zuckerberg can just pay for it.

And we can do it without adding a cent to our national debt by just printing enough extra money to cover that $1k per person.

daddyusmaximus
06-05-19, 22:39
President Trump says a lot of stupid crap. He has also done some good stuff for the country.

OK, he doesn't like suppressors. He also said he liked people having them to shoot back with, and that they can be good for entertainment.

If he really goes after them, that's bad, but until them, it's just him running his mouth at some reporter.

I am mad he went for the bump stocks, but I'm also mad Reagan signed the no more new machine guns law too... No reason an M16 should be so damn rare it's $40,000.

The Dumb Gun Collector
06-06-19, 00:27
Just ordered my first silencer. Dear Air Sandman L.

I have two suppressors in the pipeline, a Surefire 556K and Silencer 9k. Of course, I guess I can kiss them goodbye if dear leader gets his way.

elephant
06-06-19, 01:12
Never liked him. Didn’t vote for him. Won’t vote for him next time. Literally worse than Obama and Bush combined.

And I assure you, if Trump had led the Israelites out of the land of Egypt, they would not have wondered in the wilderness for 40 years. They would have walked through the parted Red Sea into the promised land that was overflowing with livestock, agriculture, milk & honey and an abundance of beautiful women! Trump would have negotiated a better deal than Moses did!

What were you expecting? Full auto's to be legalized within the first 24 hours? Full repeal of the GCA and NFA? A fast track program to acquiring and ownership of TOW missiles? Off the shelf grenades?

elephant
06-06-19, 01:20

I have two suppressors in the pipeline, a Surefire 556K and Silencer 9k. Of course, I guess I can kiss them goodbye if dear leader gets his way.

Don't lose any sleep over that, it will never happen, I have 9 suppressors between 3 months and 8 months out. Its going to be ok! I promise!

Benito
06-06-19, 01:54

Yeah, the NPC phenomenon is just as common on the conservatard side as on the libtard one.

You know, the elation that I felt in November of '16 has certainly worn off.

No kidding. This guy has turned out to be a wolf in sheep's clothing, or rather a globalist in nationalist's rhetoric.
I guess Epstein must have some pretty compromising material from Trump's multiple trips to Lolita Island, or something. They have him bent over real good.

Check the archives. I was a voracious supporter through 2015 and 2016.

He can **** right off, mate.

I’m voting accelerationism from here on out.

Implying you can vote for accelerationism. You are going to get it whether you like it or not.
What a total betrayal this real estate conman turned out to be. Well, I sure got played.

Outlander Systems
06-06-19, 02:30
More. Faster.

I, too, was hoodwinked. At this point his only supporters have to be boomers.

Implying you can vote for accelerationism. You are going to get it whether you like it or not.
What a total betrayal this real estate conman turned out to be. Well, I sure got played.

grizzlyblake
06-06-19, 06:32
Deep down we all know the trajectory of the USA and what the future holds. Anything else is just denial, and lots of hope that it doesn't happen during our lifetimes or our children's'.

Every great civilization falls, and historically about 200 years has been the lifespan. We've had a good run now at a fuzz over 240 years.

So yeah, maybe Trump is just running his mouth and won't ban suppressors, but who will be in that seat in 10 years? Probably not someone who will turn this Titanic away from the inevitable ice burg.

So maybe it's just better to start talking logistics for when this game finally ends. At this stage it's just late fourth quarter stuff like what to do with your money - pay off debt or start saving tons of cash? And then sudden death overtime stuff like what kind of boogaloo instruments your kids might need - a few cases of 855 and some 6920s; or a bunch of G19s?

I've got some friends who lived through this stuff in South Africa years ago and in their opinion we are simply replicating that same chain of events.

Alex V
06-06-19, 07:37
What were you expecting? Full auto's to be legalized within the first 24 hours? Full repeal of the GCA and NFA? A fast track program to acquiring and ownership of TOW missiles? Off the shelf grenades?

maybe a Phased Plasma Rifle in a 40W range?

themonk
06-06-19, 07:43
Deep down we all know the trajectory of the USA and what the future holds. Anything else is just denial, and lots of hope that it doesn't happen during our lifetimes or our children's'.

Every great civilization falls, and historically about 200 years has been the lifespan. We've had a good run now at a fuzz over 240 years.

So yeah, maybe Trump is just running his mouth and won't ban suppressors, but who will be in that seat in 10 years? Probably not someone who will turn this Titanic away from the inevitable ice burg.

So maybe it's just better to start talking logistics for when this game finally ends. At this stage it's just late fourth quarter stuff like what to do with your money - pay off debt or start saving tons of cash? And then sudden death overtime stuff like what kind of boogaloo instruments your kids might need - a few cases of 855 and some 6920s; or a bunch of G19s?

I've got some friends who lived through this stuff in South Africa years ago and in their opinion we are simply replicating that same chain of events.

Yep!!

The Dumb Gun Collector
06-06-19, 08:52

I certainly wasn’t expecting him to be more effective and pro-active than Obama on gun control. He is worse, in effect, than anyone since Clinton’s first term.

Circle_10
06-06-19, 08:56
Deep down we all know the trajectory of the USA and what the future holds. Anything else So maybe it's just better to start talking logistics for when this game finally ends.

Quoting this, but I have too many conflicted feelings to formulate a coherent statement.

Wake27
06-06-19, 09:05
I certainly wasn’t expecting him to be more effective and pro-active than Obama on gun control. He is worse, in effect, than anyone since Clinton’s first term.

Obviously there is discussion of more, but the only thing he’s actually done is ban bump sticks right?

tb-av
06-06-19, 09:07
If he really goes after them, that's bad, but until them, it's just him running his mouth at some reporter.

If it were me, it would certainly be easier to deflect a reporter with "I'll look at suppressors" than to have to answer... "should we ban assault rifles, magazines, etc." He knows that's a no win if he says anything negative. He may be testing the waters on suppressors AND getting a reporter off his back. He also probably figures he's getting some fringe voters.

I hope he does his homework and reverses that. If nothing else the FL school shooting transcript defeats the Dems take that suppressors keep Police from knowing where the shooter is. All those responders were saying they were hearing all manner of descriptions from loud boom to high pitch and still not know where it was coming from or what it was.

One guy even said he hear a loud loud boom 30' away and didn't know what or where it was. These were LEO.

The secondary and continued crime in all these mass shootings is the Dems wanting a "mob rules" infringement of our rights.

jsbhike
06-06-19, 09:08

Bush II was pretty effective considering the 2005 imported barrel/receiver ban, filing an amicus brief against Heller, constantly calling for a renewal of the 1994 ban, and crap changes to ITAR.

Likely that increases in surveillance among other massive overall power grabs in general have firearms screwing as a side benefit as well.

Alex V
06-06-19, 09:39
Bush II was pretty effective considering the 2005 imported barrel/receiver ban, filing an amicus brief against Heller, constantly calling for a renewal of the 1994 ban, and crap changes to ITAR.

Likely that increases in surveillance among other massive overall power grabs in general have firearms screwing as a side benefit as well.

Didn't Bush say that if Congress gave him an renewal of the 1994-2004 ban he would have signed it?

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/5946127/ns/politics/t/congress-lets-assault-weapons-ban-expire/#.XPklw4hKiUk

The Dumb Gun Collector
06-06-19, 09:59
The reason I used the word ‘effective’ is because whatever their rhetoric, little was accomplished under Bush or Obama . Trump claims to be our friend, but has turned, likely, thousands of bump stock owners into felons on a whim. He also has banned the imports of rifles from Russia (veper, etc) and has become the first person to open Pandora’s box on the NFA, for no reason, and with no benefit. I was responding to someone wondering if I thought trump would work magic for us...and I was responding I did not expect him to actively screw us.

tb-av
06-06-19, 10:33
I agree, he's got some 'splainin to do now. The bump stocks can be reasoned as a gray area or olive branch but all the rest there is no excuse. What really worries me is if he gets reelected he will have no reason to not go all out.

Honestly I would like to elect Pence.

chadbag
06-06-19, 10:40
The reason I used the word ‘effective’ is because whatever their rhetoric, little was accomplished under Bush or Obama .

The reason Obama was ineffective was not because of lack of desire. It was lack of Congress. Why waste political capital trying to do something that won't get past Congress. Things would have been much different if he'd had both houses of Congress for more than 2 years. The first 2 years he was working on Healthcare. If he'd kept Congress in his party's control, dollars to donuts a lot more gun control, and a lot more egregious gun control, would have passed.

jsbhike
06-06-19, 10:44
The reason I used the word ‘effective’ is because whatever their rhetoric, little was accomplished under Bush or Obama . Trump claims to be our friend, but has turned, likely, thousands of bump stock owners into felons on a whim. He also has banned the imports of rifles from Russia (veper, etc) and has become the first person to open Pandora’s box on the NFA, for no reason, and with no benefit. I was responding to someone wondering if I thought trump would work magic for us...and I was responding I did not expect him to actively screw us.

Any Republican running for POTUS has to be aware that any previous Republican POTUS received free passes from far too many gun owners on anti-2nd Amendment moves.

tb-av
06-06-19, 10:46
@chadbag

Yep!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijFPMrptrwE At 1:37 he even says we need you gun owners to bend over for us.

jsbhike
06-06-19, 10:46
The reason Obama was ineffective was not because of lack of desire. It was lack of Congress. Why waste political capital trying to do something that won't get past Congress. Things would have been much different if he'd had both houses of Congress for more than 2 years. The first 2 years he was working on Healthcare. If he'd kept Congress in his party's control, dollars to donuts a lot more gun control, and a lot more egregious gun control, would have passed.

Republican representatives and senators are aware they can keep their A ratings even when voting anti gun several times.

tb-av
06-06-19, 10:57
Republican representatives and senators are aware they can keep their A ratings even when voting anti gun several times.

Have you noticed how difficult it is to find ratings..... check out their web site. Maybe it's just me but I can't find ratings any longer. I have to contact a local person.

https://explore.nra.org/interests/politics-and-legislation/

jsbhike
06-06-19, 11:00
Have you noticed how difficult it is to find ratings..... check out their web site. Maybe it's just me but I can't find ratings any longer. I have to contact a local person.

https://explore.nra.org/interests/politics-and-legislation/

Yes it has gotten harder and to the best of my knowledge they never have issued a list of what the ratings are based on.

Bulletdog
06-06-19, 11:13

I've never liked him either, and didn't vote for him in the primaries either, but this post and your others in this thread demonstrate a lack of logic. Please don't deflect this fact by assuming I'm some sort of fan boy. I'm not. Equating someone who is generally pro-gun and pro-American with someone who is clearly an anti-gun communist who wishes to see America torn down and rebuilt into a socialist paradise, is not rational.

Of course Trump says stupid things from time to time. Doesn't everybody? Especially when something like that is sprung upon him in the aftermath of a mass murder that used said device. So what? In your mind that is equal to someone on a long term, all-out, no-holds-barred crusade to destroy the Second Amendment, America, and everyone who believes in it, at any cost, no matter what???

Lighten up man. I agree that the bump stock ban is BS. I don't like his suppressor remark noted here either, but impeach and convict? Is there any single human being on the entire planet that you agree with 100% of the time on every subject all of the time no matter what? Of course not! Trump is not perfect, and I'm not excusing his flaws or mistakes, but damn, you really think we'd be better off with a communist in that office? That is crazy talk man.

How about we "encourage" our guy to do a better job and not say or do stupid shit, instead of imprisoning someone who is trying to make things better and replacing him with someone who clearly wants to make things worse? I'm no fan of the Republican Party lately either, but there is no scenario where I see a gun banning socialist as an equal to our President.

Have you been watching too much of that MSM with all of their "Orange man bad" stuff?

Benito
06-06-19, 11:27
More. Faster.

I, too, was hoodwinked. At this point his only supporters have to be boomers.

I am tempted to agree, but it really doesn't matter what you or I, or frankly the entirety of this forum or even the populace of the entire US thinks. This train has no brakes, just full steam ahead, as the conductors are isolated from the rabble. This isn't a bug, it's a feature.

While many understandably like to envision Accelerationism as a pitchfork scenario, more likely is the cold reality of your kids being legally mandated to being exposed to trannies at school, the library, etc. Drag Queen Story Hour is just a small appetizer of what is to come.

OldState
06-06-19, 11:44
I've never liked him either, and didn't vote for him in the primaries either, but this post and your others in this thread demonstrate a lack of logic. Please don't deflect this fact by assuming I'm some sort of fan boy. I'm not. Equating someone who is generally pro-gun and pro-American with someone who is clearly an anti-gun communist who wishes to see America torn down and rebuilt into a socialist paradise, is not rational.

Of course Trump says stupid things from time to time. Doesn't everybody? Especially when something like that is sprung upon him in the aftermath of a mass murder that used said device. So what? In your mind that is equal to someone on a long term, all-out, no-holds-barred crusade to destroy the Second Amendment, America, and everyone who believes in it, at any cost, no matter what???

Lighten up man. I agree that the bump stock ban is BS. I don't like his suppressor remark noted here either, but impeach and convict? Is there any single human being on the entire planet that you agree with 100% of the time on every subject all of the time no matter what? Of course not! Trump is not perfect, and I'm not excusing his flaws or mistakes, but damn, you really think we'd be better off with a communist in that office? That is crazy talk man.

How about we "encourage" our guy to do a better job and not say or do stupid shit, instead of imprisoning someone who is trying to make things better and replacing him with someone who clearly wants to make things worse? I'm no fan of the Republican Party lately either, but there is no scenario where I see a gun banning socialist as an equal to our President.

Have you been watching too much of that MSM with all of their "Orange man bad" stuff?

100%. You would think this is self evident. If Obama had dictatorial powers there would have been a total gun ban and confiscation. Hillary as well.

These comments make no logical sense at best and show a general lack of understanding of how our government works at worst.

The Dumb Gun Collector
06-06-19, 11:44
Lighten up man. I agree that the bump stock ban is BS. I don't like his suppressor remark noted here either, but impeach and convict? Is there any single human being on the entire planet that you agree with 100% of the time on every subject all of the time no matter what

Lightening up and turning a blind eye is exactly what got us here. If saying “but hillsry was worse” is the lube you need to take it that’s fine. I’m saying if he doesn’t change his mind publicly and immediately the 2A vote needs to actively shop for a a Republican primary challenger or encourage the Republicans in The senate to allow the a Democrats to convict him on whatever grounds they choose. Then we could restart with Mike Pence.

Bulletdog
06-06-19, 12:19
Lightening up and turning a blind eye is exactly what got us here. If saying “but hillsry was worse” is the lube you need to take it that’s fine. I’m saying if he doesn’t change his mind publicly and immediately the 2A vote needs to actively shop for a a Republican primary challenger or encourage the Republicans in The senate to allow the a Democrats to convict him on whatever grounds they choose. Then we could restart with Mike Pence.

Your words are the words of a tyrant. "See it my way or else..." Despite his inadequacies, which are many, even Trump is a better diplomat than you. Even Trump knows not to say: "Yes! Silencers, like the one just used to murder all those people should be made legal right now. Today. Where is the Executive Order for me to sign?"

Why diplomacy? Because we share this planet with billions of other people. At the very least we should try to get along with other Americans. We don't have to agree, we just have to leave each other alone and let freedom ring. You are pissed because A-holes are messing with your freedom. I am too. Attacking the people who are generally on our side is not helpful. Would I like someone who is more pro 2A than Trump in that office? Yes I would. But I can guarantee that who ever that person would be, they would say stupid shit that both you and I would disagree with eventually.

There is a reason why our enemies, all of our enemies, despise and fear Trump and hate us for electing him. Its not because he wants to help them further their agenda.

jsbhike
06-06-19, 12:31
Your words are the words of a tyrant. "See it my way or else..." Despite his inadequacies, which are many, even Trump is a better diplomat than you. Even Trump knows not to say: "Yes! Silencers, like the one just used to murder all those people should be made legal right now. Today. Where is the Executive Order for me to sign?"

Why diplomacy? Because we share this planet with billions of other people. At the very least we should try to get along with other Americans. We don't have to agree, we just have to leave each other alone and let freedom ring. You are pissed because A-holes are messing with your freedom. I am too. Attacking the people who are generally on our side is not helpful. Would I like someone who is more pro 2A than Trump in that office? Yes I would. But I can guarantee that who ever that person would be, they would say stupid shit that both you and I would disagree with eventually.

There is a reason why our enemies, all of our enemies, despise and fear Trump and hate us for electing him. Its not because he wants to help them further their agenda.

Mr. Bell is a tyrant for supporting Constitutional limitations on government and recognition of freedoms for citizens?

So our enemies don't want 2nd Amendment infringements? Or is that only when Trump is doing the infringing? Sort of an inverse of a ban affecting semi auto rifles in 1989 and 2005 being less onerous than the 1994 one?

Bulletdog
06-06-19, 12:46
Mr. Bell is a tyrant for supporting Constitutional limitations on government and recognition of freedoms for citizens?

Not what he said. He said we should impeach and convict the orange man for a stupid offhand comment meant to deflect yet another media attack on him.

Not even in the same ballpark as what you are saying. Everyone on this site, including me, is for supporting Constitutional limitations on government and recognizing the freedoms of American citizens. While Trump may not demonstrate this with every word he speaks, he is certainly more in this direction than any other politician that I can think of, Republican or Democrat.

If the premise here is that ALL of our current government is corrupt and working against the people, and we should start the painful process of hitting that big reset button, I am all for it. If the premise here is that Trump is no better than Obama, HRC, Bernie or Creepy Uncle Joe, I am NOT on board with that. He ain't prefect by any stretch of anyone's imagination, but he's better than the alternative. Attacking a flawed ally is not the same as attacking the enemy. You help your allies. Criticize them even. You don't try to impeach and convict them.

Is Trump our ally or not? Is he making things better overall, or making things worse like the rest of our government? These questions could be argued infinitely. I suppose the answers will dictate whether someone agrees with Greg and you, or people who see it my way.

jsbhike
06-06-19, 13:07
Not what he said. He said we should impeach and convict the orange man for a stupid offhand comment meant to deflect yet another media attack on him.

Not even in the same ballpark as what you are saying. Everyone on this site, including me, is for supporting Constitutional limitations on government and recognizing the freedoms of American citizens. While Trump may not demonstrate this with every word he speaks, he is certainly more in this direction than any other politician that I can think of, Republican or Democrat.

If the premise here is that ALL of our current government is corrupt and working against the people, and we should start the painful process of hitting that big reset button, I am all for it. If the premise here is that Trump is no better than Obama, HRC, Bernie or Creepy Uncle Joe, I am NOT on board with that. He ain't prefect by any stretch of anyone's imagination, but he's better than the alternative. Attacking a flawed ally is not the same as attacking the enemy. You help your allies. Criticize them even. You don't try to impeach and convict them.

Is Trump our ally or not? Is he making things better overall, or making things worse like the rest of our government? These questions could be argued infinitely. I suppose the answers will dictate whether someone agrees with Greg and you, or people who see it my way.

He retroactively banned bumpstocks by decree and compounded by not compensating the owners and now suppressors are off to a similar start. If that is the behavior of an ally I fail to see why you have any problems with Obama, HRC, Bernie or Creepy Uncle Joe.

grizzlyblake
06-06-19, 13:16
This train has no brakes, just full steam ahead, as the conductors are isolated from the rabble. This isn't a bug, it's a feature.

This is the real point here.

If Trump removed all NFA regulations today it would just be back tenfold a few more Presidential administrations down the road.

America is not going to get any better or more friendly to conservatives, gun owners, or capitalists as time goes on. Period. End of story.

And guys like us on this forum who make sure we fill out our permission slips just right and send $200 to big brother to wait months for permission to add a $35 stock to a short AR are not going to play any role in some sort of redirection of history.

WickedWillis
06-06-19, 13:23
I am tempted to agree, but it really doesn't matter what you or I, or frankly the entirety of this forum or even the populace of the entire US thinks. This train has no brakes, just full steam ahead, as the conductors are isolated from the rabble. This isn't a bug, it's a feature.

While many understandably like to envision Accelerationism as a pitchfork scenario, more likely is the cold reality of your kids being legally mandated to being exposed to trannies at school, the library, etc. Drag Queen Story Hour is just a small appetizer of what is to come.

That picture is the equivalent of every firearm owner is a school shooter or mass murderer. It would also be like me calling you a racist slave owner for your confederate flag avatar. Be above fear, and fear-mongering.

jpmuscle
06-06-19, 13:25
This is the real point here.

If Trump removed all NFA regulations today it would just be back tenfold a few more Presidential administrations down the road.

America is not going to get any better or more friendly to conservatives, gun owners, or capitalists as time goes on. Period. End of story.

And guys like us on this forum who make sure we fill out our permission slips just right and send $200 to big brother to wait months for permission to add a $35 stock to a short AR are not going to play any role in some sort of redirection of history.

Sad but unfortunately true.

We have enough turncoats calling out 922r BS on the regular as it is.

Personally the only thing I care about are cans. Don’t get me wrong I’d love to see SBRs go away and FA come back but Atleast the latter 2 can still be had with a bit of work. Cans? Not so much. I can’t exactly build a SF SOCOM in my garage.

Not that I would because that would be illegal.. blink blink

Bulletdog
06-06-19, 13:36
He retroactively banned bumpstocks by decree and compounded by not compensating the owners and now suppressors are off to a similar start. If that is the behavior of an ally I fail to see why you have any problems with Obama, HRC, Bernie or Creepy Uncle Joe.

Why do you choose to ignore all the good he has done? Why do you not acknowledge all the impending gun legislation that was simply taken off the table upon his election? Seen the unemployment rate lately? Seen what the Dow-Jones index has done since his election? I could go on and on...

Didn't you see all the liberal tears and hand wringing when he got elected? That alone was worth the price of admission. They were literally crying on TV. So called "professional journalists". Crying. Tears of despair.

The bumpstock thing sucks. Total BS. But we don't have another AWB, do we? Suppressors are all ready off the table for most people. They are already banned without the tax stamp. If Trump condones legislation that allows them to be more off the table for more people, that will suck, but that doesn't negate Kavenaugh and Gorsuch does it? Better Presidents than him have done far worse. Regan for example. Great Pres., but not so great for gun rights some of the time. Would y'all want to impeach him too? Was Reagan not our ally? Perfect? No. Our ally? Yes.

The point is that no person is going to do everything the way we want it done at all times and in every situation. No matter what your ideals are and no matter what your primary issues are, there is no politician that is going to do and say everything perfectly to suit your fantasies. Nor mine. Its a compromise. You pick the one that will do the least damage and offer the most help on your issues. That is exactly what we've got. If we were able to impeach our own candidates and allies every time they made a flippant remark we don't like, or let a ban go through on some stupid plastic gimmick in an attempt to pacify the middle, who would be left to govern us?

I want NO new gun laws. None. We had already given too much back in 1934. I'll support any candidate who agrees with this. Right now, Trump is the closest thing we've got to that idea of perfection.

jpmuscle
06-06-19, 13:44
Why do you choose to ignore all the good he has done? Why do you not acknowledge all the impending gun legislation that was simply taken off the table upon his election? Seen the unemployment rate lately? Seen what the Dow-Jones index has done since his election? I could go on and on...

Didn't you see all the liberal tears and hand wringing when he got elected? That alone was worth the price of admission. They were literally crying on TV. So called "professional journalists". Crying. Tears of despair.

The bumpstock thing sucks. Total BS. But we don't have another AWB, do we? Suppressors are all ready off the table for most people. They are already banned without the tax stamp. If Trump condones legislation that allows them to be more off the table for more people, that will suck, but that doesn't negate Kavenaugh and Gorsuch does it? Better Presidents than him have done far worse. Regan for example. Great Pres., but not so great for gun rights some of the time. Would y'all want to impeach him too? Was Reagan not our ally? Perfect? No. Our ally? Yes.

The point is that no person is going to do everything the way we want it done at all times and in every situation. No matter what your ideals are and no matter what your primary issues are, there is no politician that is going to do and say everything perfectly to suit your fantasies. Nor mine. Its a compromise. You pick the one that will do the least damage and offer the most help on your issues. That is exactly what we've got. If we were able to impeach our own candidates and allies every time they made a flippant remark we don't like, or let a ban go through on some stupid plastic gimmick in an attempt to pacify the middle, who would be left to govern us?

I want NO new gun laws. None. We had already given too much back in 1934. I'll support any candidate who agrees with this. Right now, Trump is the closest thing we've got to that idea of perfection.

Dude can you fudd any harder?

elephant
06-06-19, 13:45
Trump is about to announce his 2020 candidacy for presidency. Im sure in the following months, he is going to say things that are not popular, especially with us. He might be trying to attract a broader audience and larger base than 2016. Just because he said something doesn't mean he will act on it. When asked about suppressors he said "I don't like them", he also said the same thing about fat women and ISIS.

But remember, he said he didn't like them after they were used in a massacre. Donald and his 2 sons shoot elephants, that angers me, mostly because I sponsor several elephant sanctuaries in Botswana and Tanzania but I don't loose sleep over it.

jsbhike
06-06-19, 14:04

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any anti-gun legislation being off any table. I do understand you will act as an apologist for him no matter what he does though, but since you mentioned fantasies that is your fantasy and not mine.

glocktogo
06-06-19, 14:25

So you honestly think the Democrats would allow Pence to stay and leave him alone after deposing Trump? I didn't take you as a naïve person.

Even if some sort of magic fairy dust got sprinkled on the Dems and they left him alone, he'd be a repeat of 38. No power, no platform and no hope of reelection. :(

Bulletdog
06-06-19, 16:12
Unfortunately, I am not aware of any anti-gun legislation being off any table. I do understand you will act as an apologist for him no matter what he does though, but since you mentioned fantasies that is your fantasy and not mine.

Okay. So what's the plan Stan? Impeach him, convict him, and then what? Pence?

Eventually Pence says some shit you don't agree with, so we impeach and convict him too. Then what? Who's next? When in this process is everything fixed? What is your fantasy on how to fix our country and make the politicians follow the law?

Look who is standing shoulder to shoulder with you while you berate Trump and say how bad he is...

Sam
06-06-19, 16:21
Trump said Mexico is going to pay for the wall .....

Well, Mexico isn't paying for the wall. Anyone in on the impeachment? LOL

docsherm
06-06-19, 16:43
Trump said Mexico is going to pay for the wall .....

Well, Mexico isn't paying for the wall. Anyone in on the impeachment? LOL

Uh.... have you not heard of the the new tariffs ?

jsbhike
06-06-19, 16:44
Okay. So what's the plan Stan? Impeach him, convict him, and then what? Pence?

Eventually Pence says some shit you don't agree with, so we impeach and convict him too. Then what? Who's next? When in this process is everything fixed? What is your fantasy on how to fix our country and make the politicians follow the law?

Look who is standing shoulder to shoulder with you while you berate Trump and say how bad he is...

Oh gosh, I don't know? People who don't support infringements and don't care who it is doing the infringing?

He didn't just stop at saying he wanted to ban bumpstocks. Now the suppressors are starting out the same.

If that comes to pass I won't be surprised when you are acting as the apologist. And once again, that is your fantasy, not mine.

The Dumb Gun Collector
06-06-19, 16:53
So where do you guys draw the line? Anything?

jsbhike
06-06-19, 16:55

If he switches his voter registration.

glocktogo
06-06-19, 17:02

I already posted where I draw the line as far as support/vote. On impeachment I draw the line as described in the Constitution and relevant law, which in this case would be the 22 sections of 18 U.S.C. Section 73 - Obstruction of Justice. I've yet to have a single person describe how anything in the Mueller report under the obstruction section, meets the legal standards within Section 73.

By all means if you can, I'd actually appreciate it and would then support impeachment.

06-06-19, 17:08
If he switches his voter registration.

Again.

The Dumb Gun Collector
06-06-19, 17:12
No, I mean how much does he have to crap on our gun rights before we say enough is enough? What about red flag laws? A new import band? Signs a repeal of the NFA and bans everything in it? A new AWB ban? Is there any point where we can dump him? Or do we have to support him forever because he isn’t Hillary?

glocktogo
06-06-19, 17:33
No, I mean how much does he have to crap on our gun rights before we say enough is enough? What about red flag laws? A new import band? Signs a repeal of the NFA? A new AWB ban? Is there any point where we can dump him? Or do we have to support him forever because he isn’t Hillary?

Asked and answered.

The Dumb Gun Collector
06-06-19, 18:09
Well I’ll trust that you answered it somewhere. But my question wasn’t just you.

glocktogo
06-06-19, 18:15
Well I’ll trust that you answered it somewhere. But my question wasn’t just you.

Yes, further restrictions on any NFA items and he’s lost me. Same for AWB’s, mag restrictions, registration schemes (UBC’s), etc.

I’m already pissed about the bump stock ban and violation of Due Process. At this point I believe ALL of them are dirty low down statists. :mad:

RobertTheTexan
06-06-19, 18:18
Dude can you fudd any harder?

Can you state your libtard/democrat/Obama/HRC loving tendencies any harder?

Nope.
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] :jester:

The Dumb Gun Collector
06-06-19, 18:21
Has anyone here voiced any support for HRC or Obama or Democrats??

RobertTheTexan
06-06-19, 18:23
Has anyone here voiced any support for HRC or Obama or Democrats??

You mean outside of their closets?
Yes. But that’s classified. [emoji6]

The Dumb Gun Collector
06-06-19, 18:26
Well if anybody thinks I support them or I have been unclear let me just say I would not piss on them if they were on fire. Unfortunately what concerns me more is it seems like there are some people here that would vote for them if they had an R by their name

RobertTheTexan
06-06-19, 18:41
Well if anybody thinks I support them or I have been unclear let me just say I would not piss on them if they were on fire. Unfortunately what concerns me more is it seems like there are some people here that would vote for them if they had an R by their name

I don’t doubt there are people who feel Obama was a better president. Who would vote for him if he were running against Trump. I don’t doubt there will be M4Cers who will vote for the democratic candidate - whoever is running against POTUS. Whether that’s because they support the democratic candidates agenda or just to spite Trump- I haven’t figured that out yet. I’m not standing behind any democrat. Period. Am I happy with the rhetoric - no - but I’m still waiting to see how that all fleshes out now. In 2019 I can voice my concerns and opinion to my representatives and hope enough voices influence any voting decisions that affect my principles. But come 2020 or any election beyond it’ll be a cold day in hell before I vote for some socialist libtard. Life is more than guns, although I hold those rights and freedoms with great importance, there are also other issues that are of great import as well.
I wish there was something that would get the Libertarian candidates out of the shadows and into the forefront; talk about fantasy though - that’s probably one.

WickedWillis
06-06-19, 18:50
No, I mean how much does he have to crap on our gun rights before we say enough is enough? What about red flag laws? A new import band? Signs a repeal of the NFA and bans everything in it? A new AWB ban? Is there any point where we can dump him? Or do we have to support him forever because he isn’t Hillary?

I only support him because he is the President. I didn't vote for him.

I told myself I would vote for him in 2020 if he was able to build the wall, because I feel it is important. However, the way he is a fake 2A supporter, insanely immature, and only really gives a **** about himself, I am not far off from not voting for him a second time. If he tries to push more restrictions, and regulations I will be out completely.

elephant
06-06-19, 19:01

Being president is much more than gun rights. It matters to us, but that is very small of us to only be concerned with 2A. The Economy will always come #1, and then a very close second will be defense and then border security in Trumps administration. Just because he said something, doesn't mean he will do anything about it. If you know how a trust works, then you will understand the importance of having a trust. Nobody other than you knows what's in the trust. You could have given away your suppressor or SBR to a dead relative who was listen on your trust and nobody would ever know.

just remember, its inevitable, one day, all of this will be illegal. One day, guns will be illegal to own, posses, sell or transfer. IT WILL HAPPEN!!! Eventually congress and the US Senate will come together to outright ban everything and they will be applauded and given a standing ovation. You think its unconstitutional but who cares? They don't! Just stay the course with Trump till the end! Let it happen organically, eventually we will have a closet dictator who claims to be democrat and they will go after everything and get it!

The Dumb Gun Collector
06-06-19, 19:14
Being president is much more than gun rights. It matters to us, but that is very small of us to only be concerned with 2A. The Economy will always come #1, and then a very close second will be defense and then border security in Trumps administration.

LOL, that sounds like China to me. Economics first, security second, your individual liberties #30282. Obviously, I am kidding, and I get your point of view. I just fundamentally disagree. We should not give an inch on this. Also, there is absolutely no reason for there to be one over the other. The supremely stupid thing about Trump is he is GIVING away our gun rights. The Democrats gave him nothing in exchange. Literally screwed us for nothing.

just remember, its inevitable, one day, all of this will be illegal. One day, guns will be illegal to own, posses, sell or transfer. IT WILL HAPPEN!!! Eventually congress and the US Senate will come together to outright ban everything and they will be applauded and given a standing ovation. You think its unconstitutional but who cares? They don't! Just stay the course with Trump till the end!

And just presuming it is all inevitable is also not my style. Hell, death and erectile dysfunction are inevitable but I still get out of bed and lay with my wife when she isn't mad at me.

Again, I don't hate any of you. I just think laying down and taking it from this guy because you think the 2A is less important that the current state of the stock market (not that great, really) or because you really think they are going to build a border wall (LOL) is a poor compromise. I believe the second amendment IS the most important thing. To paraphrase Jeff Cooper, an armed citizenry cannot be tyrannized.

jsbhike
06-06-19, 19:39

That is a given. I have long said it would be entertaining to have Charles Schumer (or any similar) change their registration to Republican (but not their positions) and announce they were running for potus.

They would be the key note speaker at NRA gatherings where Wayne would tell the devout how they had always been at the front of the 2nd Amendment debate. Talk radio would laud them. Disciples would zealously be posting online how we had to get them in office for their scotus nominations, how they were on our side, and how they were better than their comrades who hadn't switched from (D).

tb-av
06-06-19, 19:39

I think we draw the line at Democrat and RINO. It's not like we are team owner and coach.

Dem + RINO side: All are heavy duty anti 2A. You can forget the days of Obama. Those days are gone. All that matters is tomorrow. The Dems own the House, IF they win POTUS they will also flip the Senate. So they will have a 2020 Trifecta of pissed off irrational Liberals. Ginsberg will retire and someone that makes her look moderate will be placed.

So basically there will be zero hope for the 2A overall but maybe a few States will be able to hold onto some things.

Repub Side aka Trump: At the very least he says he will "listen". If we don't talk there isn't much to listen to. But he is electable. Which means we hold the POTUS and Senate AND we may get to replace Ginsberg.... and that is key because in 2024 the Dems will get elected because VA will be gone and they will be dumping money down the east coast to capture NC and SC ( 1st? ).

So when they try to take the guns in 2024 maybe the SCOTUS will actually protect the 2A.

That's my scenario for a win the near future and yes it has a potential for Trump to derail. That is vs a guaranteed derail by the Dems.

What is your game plan to win? Voting for a 3rd party loser is not a plan. It's a pipe dream. It's irrational. It can't under our present realty happen. If some bizarre set of things happen maybe but not in our present reality and especially not coming from 2A leaning type person.

So how do you see us winning? Oh, BTW, one of the key factors in VA turning Blue was the RED voters teaching the RED politicians a lesson. That worked out real well over the long term.

RobertTheTexan
06-06-19, 19:44
I

So how do you see us winning? Oh, BTW, one of the key factors in VA turning Blue was the RED voters teaching the RED politicians a lesson. That worked out real well over the long term.
This is the moment where you use the “caught between a rock and a hard place” quip.

jsbhike
06-06-19, 19:51
A RINO is someone with positions like Ron Paul.

The Dumb Gun Collector
06-06-19, 20:08
I think we draw the line at Democrat and RINO. It's not like we are team owner and coach.

Well, I think we already have RINO.

Repub Side aka Trump: At the very least he says he will "listen". If we don't talk there isn't much to listen to. But he is electable. Which means we hold the POTUS and Senate AND we may get to replace Ginsberg.... and that is key because in 2024 the Dems will get elected because VA will be gone and they will be dumping money down the east coast to capture NC and SC ( 1st? ).

So when they try to take the guns in 2024 maybe the SCOTUS will actually protect the 2A.

I doubt the courts will protect us. But I will grant you that at least this makes sense.

What is your game plan to win? Voting for a 3rd party loser is not a plan. It's a pipe dream. It's irrational. It can't under our present realty happen. If some bizarre set of things happen maybe but not in our present reality and especially not coming from 2A leaning type person.

Irrational is thinking your actual individual vote by itself is important. Who you vote for is mathematically meaningless. Who is running is the whole game.

Again, my game plan would be...

1. Have the entire 2A community (NRA, GOA, etc) confront Trump and let him know that his #1 supporters, financial and otherwise will not be taken for granted. Tell him to drop the bump stock ban, import bans and forget about tinkering with the NFA. ALL HE HAS TO DO IS SAY YES. He will regain our trust and lose zero votes. The anti-gun crowd will never vote for him no matter how many more times he betrays us.

2. If he says no recruit a primary challenger. The NRA was Trump's biggest backer, he needs us.

3. If he gets any worse on guns and no primary challenger appears I personally would simply vote third party. At some point he is
just another democrat and I don't waste my time picking between Hitler and Stalin (hmm, concentration camp or Gulag,??).

4. The nuclear option is let the Democrats have him and let Pence be the candidate. That is messy, but still better than giving up our 2A rights without a fight.

MountainRaven
06-06-19, 20:43

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/529830624387923968/585302605668810753/unknown.png

I'm sorry, all I have are memes.

tb-av
06-06-19, 21:04
Well, I think we already have RINO.

And the line is at his feet now.

I doubt the courts will protect us. But I will grant you that at least this makes sense.

We are going to have to find out and whatever they decide won't be Trump's fault for trying. When your government can no longer be trusted from stem to stern then it's time to submit or revolt and live with your choice.

Irrational is thinking your actual individual vote by itself is important. Who you vote for is mathematically meaningless. Who is running is the whole game.
Of course but you will surely grant me that it takes a group to place that "who" into the running. This is not a game that starts over at zero. It is a continuous game that started with George Washington. It's a tug of war. If you drop off the line because you hear someone saying something you like then you present them no opportunity to enter the game AND you weaken the pull fro your side. You invite them pull and talk about their plan. the fact your machine changes from 5000HP 5001Hp or 4999HP is not the issue. It's keeping the machine running strong while adjustments are considered.

Again, my game plan would be...

1. Have the entire 2A community (NRA, GOA, etc) confront Trump and let him know that his #1 supporters, financial and otherwise will not be taken for granted. Tell him to drop the bump stock ban, import bans and forget about tinkering with the NFA. ALL HE HAS TO DO IS SAY YES. He will regain our trust and lose zero votes. The anti-gun crowd will never vote for him no matter how many more times he betrays us.

2. If he says no recruit a primary challenger. The NRA was Trump's biggest backer, he needs us.

3. If he gets any worse on guns and no primary challenger appears I personally would simply vote third party. At some point he is
just another democrat and I don't waste my time picking between Hitler and Stalin.

4. The nuclear option is let the Democrats have him and let Pence be the candidate. That is messy, but still better than giving up our 2A rights without a fight.

Let me reorder your points.

1. I think that's a good plan. Let's do it.

4. Pence is a very good speaker and no fan of the Dems. Not sure how he would get along with 2A but probably ok.

3. Why, wouldn't your time be better spent at the range? You just said individual votes don't count. They damn sure don't count for 3rd Party.

2. ... and we are back to your "who". It's not a plan without a "who". Ironically, with so many Dems in the running if there was ever a time it could be pulled off it would be this go round. It would totally blow them out as their are loaded with nothing but "not trump" ammo. The only thing they have on Pence is that he's a Christian and like to keep babies alive. Aside from him the Dems and Repubs have already seen the Rubio, Cruz, what's his name show. Can't think of the guys name. The "other healthcare" guy. Anyway... no one is going to sit for a rerun. So you have to find a Charismatic, Pro 2A, LBGTQ acknowleding, person that understands world trade, Military security, economics, and has a history of being a trustworthy individual.

It ain't a plan if you don't have a player on the bench to call in.

So your plan is 50% before the poles. Let's say the poles are 50/50. That is know as a Hail Mary. It can work. Let's say it does. Now.... who will "who" be once they are sworn in? Will they be everything you expected? They never are but it could happen.

Your item 1. is really our only viable play to stay in the game. I don't trust NRA. I no longer trust ASA. I do trust GOA. That means before confronting Trump we would need to confront the NRA to assure they will promote our desires. Just pondering that makes you wonder who our allies are these days. Could we even sway the NRA at this point or are they more concerned with their persona of hunting, sporting, education? The ASA is kinda insignificant as their hands are tied. What are they going say... "sure ban suppressors".
'
Many people said when Trump won the election that all we did was get the ball back. 'Don't let your guard down'... well the time to fight again is upon us. We have ring rust. Is the ASA a canard or was it truly bad timing with the Vegas thing?

I suggest everyone get on every forum they possibly can. Get on facebook, Just bombard the WH and representative relentlessly. It's the only viable play that politicians have historically responded to. It's time to play Obama's game and become community organizers. It works. It's the only way you plan can work and if it works it would be very good long term odds. My plan would be lesser odds and more unknowns.

Ok, so it looks like you are in charge. One of you guys with an AR15.com account need to post over there and give them links to NRA and White House. BTW.... Why doesn't M4C have a political Action section with direct access to representatives and form letters, etc? If 85% of the people online now click go in the same day, it would get noticed. Much more so a week or month of it.

ETA: Oh, I almost forgot... If you are really right about Trump. I mean really really right. Like you have his number. a fake, a RINO, etc.. When your item 1. is applied he's going to say piss off. That's when things are going to really get crazy. You do recall how many people have tried to take him out, right? You've seen what he does to them.

kwelz
06-06-19, 21:17
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/529830624387923968/585302605668810753/unknown.png

I'm sorry, all I have are memes.

But accurate ones.

The Dumb Gun Collector
06-06-19, 21:28
ETA: Oh, I almost forgot... If you are really right about Trump. I mean really really right. Like you have his number. a fake, a RINO, etc.. When your item 1. is applied he's going to say piss off. That's when things are going to really get crazy. You do recall how many people have tried to take him out, right? You've seen what he does to them.

Then he has no business being president at all. I don't support people because I am scared of them.

26 Inf
06-06-19, 21:29
2. ... and we are back to your "who". It's not a plan without a "who". Ironically, with so many Dems in the running if there was ever a time it could be pulled off it would be this go round. It would totally blow them out as their are loaded with nothing but "not trump" ammo. The only thing they have on Pence is that he's a Christian and like to keep babies alive. Aside from him the Dems and Repubs have already seen the Rubio, Cruz, what's his name show. Can't think of the guys name. The "other healthcare" guy. Anyway... no one is going to sit for a rerun. So you have to find a Charismatic, Pro 2A, LBGTQ acknowleding, person that understands world trade, Military security, economics, and has a history of being a trustworthy individual.

It ain't a plan if you don't have a player on the bench to call in.

Mad Dog

tb-av
06-06-19, 21:42
Then he has no business being president at all. I don't support people because I am scared of them.

Right, I'm just saying it things go sideways.... I agree with 75-90% of what you are saying. I personally don't think Trump is as irrational as he seems. I think he would listen. I think he means well and rewards those that step up.

If he is a total fraud though as has been suggested then we are really in for it. "Big League" as he says.

So I think your plan is good but I hope I'm right that his reaction will be to walk it back as a re-education process and not full out confrontation. Given the option I prefer to win because it's the right thing, not lose because it's the right thing.

The Dumb Gun Collector
06-06-19, 21:45
I like Pence/Haley.

jpmuscle
06-06-19, 21:54
You guys realize pence is a milquetoast bum right?

tb-av
06-06-19, 21:58
Mad Dog

++++++++++++++++++ The White Lightning Tour ++++++++++++++++++++++++

https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/gettyimages-481703868.jpg

https://media3.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2017_05/1891756/5217-mike-pence-117p-rs_4a0cc12f6a0c57eae9857ed4ac01c519.nbcnews-fp-1200-800.jpg

tb-av
06-06-19, 22:07
You guys realize pence is a milquetoast bum right?

It's not like we own the casino. You are lucky to pull a pair of anything out of the deck we are playing from. Pence was a near genius pull for Trump. Milquetoast... sublime,, eh... if you squint you can see it.

AKDoug
06-06-19, 23:04
Conservatives seem to have a brighter future than the Dems, but the U.S. voter is a strange beast.

Quality people like Dan Crenshaw, Nikki Haley and even Trey Gowdy give me hope for the future. I think any of the three would be electable. A ticket of Nikki Haley and Dan Crenshaw checks a bunch of boxes. Haley; female, daughter of immigrants, decent business person, decent governor, decent UN ambassador. Crenshaw, wounded vet, SEAL.. Both way more conservative and qualified than Trump. Trey Gowdy's biggest negative was his inability to make any charges stick or make any real changes.. not many people are a better speaker than he is, though.

Honestly, I really wish Ted Cruz would have won. He just doesn't have the charisma that the U.S. voter wants, but damn it he is solidly pro gun and conservative.

I don't like Trump all that much, but I also don't really hate the guy. At this point, unless a viable third party candidate steps up.. (one of the three above) I see myself voting for him again next year as long as he doesn't make one more gun control move. A democrat controlled house and presidency is not something I want to think about.

The Dumb Gun Collector
06-06-19, 23:29
I agree, if Ted didn't look like an arrogant pervert he would have been perfect. He was a great, serious and smart conservative.

Endur
06-07-19, 01:11
It's either a high flow industrial toilet flush, or a constant run after a weak flush; we are circling the drain either way. Something needs to change, and soon.

This goy right here is woke as absolute ****.

Truth.

jpmuscle
06-07-19, 06:20
I agree, if Ted didn't look like an arrogant pervert he would have been perfect. He was a great, serious and smart conservative.

He has an atrocious handshake. Pass...

Firefly
06-07-19, 06:31
Ted Cruz is younger than Gwen Stefani....

That alone blows my mind. Plus he looks like one of those overly touchy Bible Camp people.

Honestly I blame Jared Kushner and Ivanka for Donald Trumps recent low T activities.

I remember 2016 as an intoxicating time when Alt-Right meant literally Alternative Right. Hip conservatives with a sense of humor before the media made it synonymous with “Nazi”. The memery, the wave of enthusiasm. Homos, misfits, shady people, social outcasts, et al came out the woodwork to mock the Left and there was this air of change and optimism. Like the 1960s mixed with the 1980s but for cool people. The pranks, the shenanigans, the humor.

Now here we are...

But I can’t say it was fun and boy did I have a good time. We literally thought all this big stuff would happen. What a time it was.

I remember the day after was epic.

Don’t be upset it didn’t go according to plan. Be happy for the fun we had.

Circle_10
06-07-19, 06:57
I remember 2016 as an intoxicating time when Alt-Right meant literally Alternative Right. Hip conservatives with a sense of humor before the media made it synonymous with “Nazi”. The memery, the wave of enthusiasm. Homos, misfits, shady people, social outcasts, et al came out the woodwork to mock the Left and there was this air of change and optimism. Like the 1960s mixed with the 1980s but for cool people. The pranks, the shenanigans, the humor.

Now here we are...

But I can’t say it was fun and boy did I have a good time. We literally thought all this big stuff would happen. What a time it was.

I remember the day after was epic.

Don’t be upset it didn’t go according to plan. Be happy for the fun we had.

So I didn't just imagine the evolution of the label "Alt-right" than? For a while I thought I was "Alt-right" because I thought it meant secular, libertarian-leaning right wingers who weren't particularly concerned by abortion or gays getting married. Then I was like "Wait, it's actually code for 'Nazi'? WTF?"

I, unfortunately, did not have much fun. Because for me, it's always one crisis averted, then onwards to the next one.

AndyLate
06-07-19, 08:06
We can all look forward to more anti-Trump posts leading up to the election.

You have 4 choices, vote for Trump, vote for a Democrat candidate (they are ALL anti-2A), throw your vote away on an independant, or don't vote at all.

I can go to the mainstream media if I want to hear "Orange Man Bad".

Sometimes the best choice is the least bad choice. Anyone who really believes we would be better off under Hillary needs their head examined.

Andy

PatrioticDisorder
06-07-19, 08:10
I had scrolled through my Facebook feed earlier today, MrGunsNGear shared a story that apparently SCOTUS will be taking up the case of the guy from Kansas who had the unregistered suppressor? I didn’t have time to read earlier and I can’t seem to find it now. Does anyone know if that is true?

One can only hope Roberts is still conservative and wants to rule cans should be over the counter just to spite Trump in light of his recent comments...

jsbhike
06-07-19, 08:18
Excellenthttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190607/8fc613d17f45a6f8f51d02ce27c07270.jpg

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

kwelz
06-07-19, 08:29
I had scrolled through my Facebook feed earlier today, MrGunsNGear shared a story that apparently SCOTUS will be taking up the case of the guy from Kansas who had the unregistered suppressor? I didn’t have time to read earlier and I can’t seem to find it now. Does anyone know if that is true?

One can only hope Roberts is still conservative and wants to rule cans should be over the counter just to spite Trump in light of his recent comments...

Yep. The state had passed a law saying that anything produced in state was not subject to federal gun laws. Someone made a suppressor in state and sold it to a person in that state.
defendant is a disable Vet which gains some sympathy points but so far all the Rulings have been against us.

https://www.guns.com/news/2019/01/17/case-at-supreme-court-challenges-legitimacy-of-the-national-firearms-act

06-07-19, 08:31
Dear posters stating that a third party vote is wasted:

YOU are the reason we are constantly forced to choose between the lesser of two evils. That logic is what perpetuates the false binary we have today. This is the reason the only viable candidates we get are a giant douche and a turd sandwich. I mean, seriously, the guy was a dem like a few years ago. WTF did you expect?

Bulletdog
06-07-19, 08:38

You have 4 choices, vote for Trump, vote for a Democrat candidate (they are ALL anti-2A), throw your vote away on an independant, or don't vote at all.

Sometimes the best choice is the least bad choice. Anyone who really believes we would be better off under Hillary needs their head examined.

Andy

You nailed it here Andy. Short, sweet and to the point. Unfortunately some of our allies, people who want the same things we want, now have a whole bunch names to call you and think you have a man crush on our POTUS.

jpmuscle
06-07-19, 08:39

YOU are the reason we are constantly forced to choose between the lesser of two evils. That logic is what perpetuates the false binary we have today. This is the reason the only viable candidates we get are a giant douche and a turd sandwich. I mean, seriously, the guy was a dem like a few years ago. WTF did you expect?

Amen

And the Career GOP cucks know this

jsbhike
06-07-19, 08:44
I don't view one as better than the other since a ban on xyz is a ban on xyz.

For those that do feel there is a difference, why is a ban on a firearm part/function by a Republican acceptable while the same deal by a democrat is abhorrent?

AndyLate
06-07-19, 09:31

For those that do feel there is a difference, why is a ban on a firearm part/function by a Republican acceptable while the same deal by a democrat is abhorrent?

Because - #1 I don't care about bump stocks, #2 Trump's ban should be overturned, but has not been because of the liberal judges in the lower courts, #3 Trump is appointing less liberal judges in the lower courts than any of the Democratic candidates would if they were in office.

Trump is the candidate we ended up with, not my candidate of choice. To his credit, we have fewer service members dying in shithole countries than in the preceding 14 or so years, unemployment is down, and my 401K sucks less than in the past.

Bulletdog
06-07-19, 09:37

It is abhorrent from either, but you don't cut off your nose to spite your face because you have a pimple. In the case of a Dem, you don't have a pimple, you have cancer couple with rapidly spreading MRSA, and so you must cut off all or part of your nose to save your face. In the case of an R that makes a mistake, you attempt to treat the problem rather than cut the whole thing off and flush it down the toilet.

Trump's offhand comment about suppressors is a pimple. Put the knife down and stop acting so hysterical.

Outlander Systems
06-07-19, 09:41
My God this.

The amount of limp-wristed cuckholds, here of all places, is stunning.

BoringGuy45
06-07-19, 09:45

It's not, and if he goes full steam with a suppressor ban, I'm completely withdrawing any support that I may have had for him. I'm already disturbed by his halfhearted "support" for people owning semi-auto weapons: that they're for "entertainment". That statement strongly suggests that he feels he has no dog in the fight and will support a ban if it politically suits him.
If it comes to that, I'll hope he gets impeached for one of the many accusations against him and replaced by Pence, who I believe would be a lot more pro-gun. Hopefully his court appointees prove to be more pro-gun than him.

What scares me is that there's still an army of his supporters who think he can do no wrong. Previously pro-gun people who are altering their views to stay in line with Trump's.

Outlander Systems
06-07-19, 09:49
That ship has sailed.

Remember when we were supposed to calm down, "he doesn't mean it" on, "take the guns first; due process later?" Or that other classic, "I'll have the Attorney General look at these slide-fires?"

He's no friend to the 2A; unless the NRA is giving him shekels to pretend that he is.

It's not, and if he goes full steam with a suppressor ban, I'm completely withdrawing any support that I may have had for him. In fact, I'll hope he gets impeached for one of the many accusations against him and replaced by Pence, who I believe would be a lot more pro-gun. Hopefully his court appointees prove to be more pro-gun than him.

BoringGuy45
06-07-19, 09:56
That ship has sailed.

Remember when we were supposed to calm down, "he doesn't mean it" on, "take the guns first; due process later?" Or that other classic, "I'll have the Attorney General look at these slide-fires?"

He's no friend to the 2A; unless the NRA is giving him shekels to pretend that he is.

My only support for him is that he's pretty consistently appointed pro-2A judges to the benches at all levels. That will stop promptly whenever he leaves office. I just want the GOP's control of the Oval Office to outlast RBG.

jsbhike
06-07-19, 09:58
Because - #1 I don't care about bump stocks, #2 Trump's ban should be overturned, but has not been because of the liberal judges in the lower courts, #3 Trump is appointing less liberal judges in the lower courts than any of the Democratic candidates would if they were in office.

Trump is the candidate we ended up with, not my candidate of choice. To his credit, we have fewer service members dying in shithole countries than in the preceding 14 or so years, unemployment is down, and my 401K sucks less than in the past.

I didn't get specific on the item banned.

Let's go 1989 Bush ban on imported semi autos and 2005 Bush ban on imported barrels and receivers. Why were those acceptable versus the outcry that would have ensued had either idea been floated by a democrat?

jsbhike
06-07-19, 10:06
It is abhorrent from either, but you don't cut off your nose to spite your face because you have a pimple. In the case of a Dem, you don't have a pimple, you have cancer couple with rapidly spreading MRSA, and so you must cut off all or part of your nose to save your face. In the case of an R that makes a mistake, you attempt to treat the problem rather than cut the whole thing off and flush it down the toilet.

Trump's offhand comment about suppressors is a pimple. Put the knife down and stop acting so hysterical.

A lot of hypernole there.

Let's go 1989 Bush ban on imported semi autos and 2005 Bush ban on imported barrels and receivers. Why were those acceptable versus the outcry that would have ensued had either idea been floated by a democrat?

Bulletdog
06-07-19, 10:07
I didn't get specific on the item banned.

Who said it was acceptable? Its not. You ready to throw down in the street and get busy shooting our enemies over it? Why not? You some sort of cuck? They stepped on your 2A! Let's go all in and get this party started, right?

No infringement on our rights is acceptable. Not from any politician with any letter next to their name. The question for each of us is what to do about it and how much to tolerate before that line in the sand is crossed. I'm not ready to throw out the baby because the bath water is dirty. Not yet, anyway. If you are, well, then we have a difference of opinion, but we still want the same thing: All politicians to keep their grubby hands off our damn rights and to restore our rights that have been infringed upon previously.

jsbhike
06-07-19, 10:12
Who said it was acceptable? Its not. You ready to throw down in the street and get busy shooting our enemies over it? Why not? You some sort of cuck? They stepped on your 2A! Let's go all in and get this party started, right?

No infringement on our rights is acceptable. Not from any politician with any letter next to their name. The question for each of us is what to do about it and how much to tolerate before that line in the sand is crossed. I'm not ready to throw out the baby because the bath water is dirty. Not yet, anyway. If you are, well, then we have a difference of opinion, but we still want the same thing: All politicians to keep their grubby hands off our damn rights and to restore our rights that have been infringed upon previously.

If it isn't acceptable why do you get so upset when someone doesn't want to support them because of the ban?

Bulletdog
06-07-19, 10:44
If it isn't acceptable why do you get so upset when someone doesn't want to support them because of the ban?

Because if we don't stick together and put the right person in the Oval Office, then the wrong person will be in the Oval Office. You seem to want our candidate to walk on water and do everything exactly how you want it done. I realize no human will ever see everything the way I see it or do everything the way I want it done.

I do not condone Trump's stance on the bumpstock issue, no matter how stupid those things are. I do not condone or appreciate his flippant remark about suppressors, and I do not excuse or apologize for any other mistakes the man has made, but:

I do appreciate anyone that stands up to the overwhelming juggernaut that is the MSM. He takes their daily ration of shit and gives it right back to them tenfold.
I do appreciate anyone who points out the absurdity of political correctness.
I do appreciate anyone who insults evil communist wrongdoers like Nancy Pelosi and makes them cry.
I do appreciate any one who says "America and Americans FIRST", even if the sludge of our bureaucracy mires them down and prevents much progress in the right direction.
I do appreciate any one who promotes border security, stopping illegal invaders, and sending illegal invaders back home, again regardless of how much progress is made due to the entirely of the rest of our messed up government fighting this progress.
I do appreciate any POTUS who brings jobs back to America.
I do appreciate any POTUS the reduces unemployment to record low levels.
I do appreciate any POTUS that appoints judges and other government officials who will actually follow the Constitution and BoR from the top down.
I do appreciate any president who wants to make America great again.
I do appreciate any president who gives an hour long speech saying what an asshole the last communist president was while the last president sits within arm's reach and has to listen to it.

The man is not perfect. He's made mistakes and will make more. Go ahead and point out those mistakes. I won't disagree with you. Right now, I see no one better to take his place. Not voting for him in 2020 because of the bumpstock ban and an offhand suppressor comment will not help our situation.

Think about it. What is better for our enemies? Us united and voting en bloc against them, or us bickering about Trump's suppressor comment as he walked away from a reporter? Divided we fall.

AndyLate
06-07-19, 10:47

Its not acceptable, but I don't get upset, I disagree. I think it's foolish to cut off my nose to spite my face and at this point I choose a slow but certain death of the 2nd Amendment over a quick but certain one.

But, hey, if we are gonna burn this mother down, I'm your huckleberry. Make it soon, tho, FF pointed out that running will be required and I am getting neither younger or thinner.

Andy

prepare
06-07-19, 10:50
There are a lot more suppressors out there than bump stocks. The gov can do whatever it wants but a lot folks have a significant investment in suppressors. A similar ban like the bump stock would mean a total loss. SOL. Hope that doesn’t happen.

jsbhike
06-07-19, 10:54
Because if we don't stick together and put the right person in the Oval Office, then the wrong person will be in the Oval Office. You seem to want our candidate to walk on water and do everything exactly how you want it done. I realize no human will ever see everything the way I see it or do everything the way I want it done.

I do not condone Trump's stance on the bumpstock issue, no matter how stupid those things are. I do not condone or appreciate his flippant remark about suppressors, and I do not excuse or apologize for any other mistakes the man has made, but:

I do appreciate anyone that stands up to the overwhelming juggernaut that is the MSM. He takes their daily ration of shit and gives it right back to them tenfold.
I do appreciate anyone who insults evil communist wrongdoers like Nancy Pelosi and makes them cry.
I do appreciate any one who says "America and Americans FIRST", even if the sludge of our bureaucracy mires them down and prevents much progress in the right direction.
I do appreciate any one who promotes border security, stopping illegal invaders, and sending illegal invaders back home, again regardless of how much progress is made due to the entirely of the rest of our messed up government fighting this progress.
I do appreciate any POTUS that appoints judges and other government officials who will actually follow the Constitution and BoR from the top down.
I do appreciate any president who gives an hour long speech saying what an asshole the last communist president was while the last president sits within arm's reach and has to listen to it.

The man is not perfect. He's made mistakes and will make more. Go ahead and point out those mistakes. I won't disagree with you. Right now, I see no one better to take his place. Not voting for him in 2020 because of the bumpstock ban and an offhand suppressor comment will not help our situation.

Think about it. What is better for our enemies? Us united and voting en bloc against them, or us bickering about Trump's suppressor comment as he walked away from a reporter? Divided we fall.

Looks like getting a gun banner (R or D) in office would work quite well for those opposed to the 2nd Anenment.

If a POTUS is doing things that violate the Constitution and Bill of Rights (we can use a gun ban as an example) why do you think they are going to appoint a judge that would rule against their own wishes? It could happen accidentally I suppose, but not sure of the purpose of claiming it was intentional.

Outlander Systems
06-07-19, 10:57
>I don’t care if I leave my children in a Scientific-Dictatorship with the state Church of Cultural-Marxism and unending diversity in the form of hordes of foreign invaders as long as Trump says mean things about people I don’t like and
>muh GDP

The only phenomena more predictable than SJW’s are Republicuck Boomers.

26 Inf
06-07-19, 11:01

Andy

I think we all agree on that one - but Hilary isn't running this cycle. The folks that flocked to President Trump because Hilary scared them are not likely to be as scared of Uncle Joe, Pocahontas, or Bernie.

Do I want another four years of what we have experienced thus far? No, not really. Do I want the next four years to be a Democratic administration? Absolutely not.

At this point I'm thinking we don't always get what we want.

jpmuscle
06-07-19, 11:17
There are a lot more suppressors out there than bump stocks. The gov can do whatever it wants but a lot folks have a significant investment in suppressors. A similar ban like the bump stock would mean a total loss. SOL. Hope that doesn’t happen.

The sad thing is I’m inclined to think there are a lot of folks who will turn their cans in if asked to.

26 Inf
06-07-19, 11:20
Deleted - I was spouting economic theory

The Dumb Gun Collector
06-07-19, 11:23
And now that the NFA is on the radar, who thinks sbr and full autos will be spared? Basically people who have spent thousands, sometimes tens of thousands on machineguns will lose their investments because this guy can’t help but run his mouth.

And yes, most people, despite their anger, will ultimately obey. This is why I think we need to get on T’s ass now—don’t just wait and see. Call your congressman, blow up the switchboards.

tb-av
06-07-19, 11:24

YOU are the reason we are constantly forced to choose between the lesser of two evils.

Ok, what is this 3rd Party savior's name?

https://jokideo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Lost-unicorn-resizecrop--.jpg

WickedWillis
06-07-19, 11:26

Holy shit we do not live in a Dictatorship and should not fear our "leaders". This could be one of the craziest sentences I have seen on here.

Todd00000
06-07-19, 11:31

You can list how he is worse since it's objective?

tb-av
06-07-19, 11:35
Holy shit we do not live in a Dictatorship and should not fear our "leaders". This could be one of the craziest sentences I have seen on here.

You mean like people here being afraid to rattle the NFA cage? I never said to fear him or not challenge him. I'm just stating a fact. If you take on Trump and he is as worthless as many of you suggest, then he is going to bring an even bigger fight and you are already shaking about having the NFA challenged.

I'm ready to shove all this stuff right into SCOTUS and let the games begin. Congress won't do their job for us. POTUS is turning on us. Let's go to SCOTUS. But it sounds like many of you are afraid of that. Why you think I'm giving in to a dictator is beyond me. I've already sent him a letter telling him he's got his head up his ass, have you?

WickedWillis
06-07-19, 11:46

Andy

"Throwing away your vote" Is not a thing if you are voting for principles, issues, and conviction you actually believe in. Throwing away your vote is thinking that you can only vote Republican or Democrat, bad or worse, and eating the bullshit that you have been throat ****ed with since you were a kid that you have two options and that is absolutely it.

I call Trump out when I see fit, and I also applaud him when he does good things too. I don't believe anyone is saying that Hillary would have been a better option, especially us in the 2a community. They are both complete soup sandwiches, and Trump keeps getting free passes from the MAGA crews.

Just imagine the lynch mobs if Obama banned bump stocks, compared to the whimper and the shrug we got when Trump did it.

Outlander Systems
06-07-19, 11:51
This guy knows whassup.

"Throwing away your vote" Is not a thing if you are voting for principles, issues, and conviction you actually believe in. Throwing away your vote is thinking that you can only vote Republican or Democrat, bad or worse, and eating the bullshit that you have been throat ****ed with since you were a kid that you have two options and that is absolutely it.

I call Trump out when I see fit, and I also applaud him when he does good things too. I don't believe anyone is saying that Hillary would have been a better option, especially us in the 2a community. They are both complete soup sandwiches, and Trump keeps getting free passes from the MAGA crews.

Just imagine the lynch mobs if Obama banned bump stocks, compared to the whimper and the shrug we got when Trump did it.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
06-07-19, 11:52
Trump, at least when it comes to the 2A, has a long and proven track record of being on the democrat side of the fence. His support for AWB's, no guns for no fly list, bump stock ban, etc. We'll call it a RINO view of the 2A. Recently, he said we own semi-auto firearms because they are "fun", so he clearly doesn't view them as constitutionally protected items for defense against tyranny as we do.

So when it comes to suppressors, if I play devils advocate here, I can see why he and many others would be totally okay with their ban:
1. They don't see them as firearms, therefore no 2A protection
2. They are not commonly used or owned
3. They are surrounded by myth that makes them seem like the preferred tool of the assassin or active-shooter
4. Banning them only riles up a small base, and can appease the entire democrat side while make a surprisingly large number of republicans either happy or indifferent
5. The liberal media may just give him praise, which he needs while he campaigns for another four years

Now, as a staunch 2A supporter and NFA owner, this is unacceptable for me. The bump stock ban was the damn scariest thing I've seen a president do in my lifetime to the 2A, as it sets a precedent to ban by EO ANY firearms accessory that is deemed scary. Wait til someone commits a mass shooting with a pistol-braced AR, boom, pistol braces are gone. Why allow red dot optics when all Uncle Bob needs to hunt deer is a 3x15 scope? It's such a slippery slope that he has created, and really bums me out.

This all is especially irritating to me as SiCo and DJT Jr. sold Trump to us as the best friend of the 2A, and the absolute ally of the suppressor community. And now, a few years in, we find ourselves at yet another dangerous time for the 2A.

By Trump continually even discussing how much he does not like suppressors, he is creating massive damage to our cause, whether or not he ends up banning them. His 2A disdain only fires up their base even more, and somehow makes Trump's base say, "It's not that bad, why does anyone need a suppressor anyway?"

jsbhike
06-07-19, 11:53
The sad thing is I’m inclined to think there are a lot of folks who will turn their cans in if asked to.

Not to mention the apologists who would at least claim lesser of 2 evils and some even singing the virtues of it.

jsbhike
06-07-19, 11:57
Ok, what is this 3rd Party savior's name?

https://jokideo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Lost-unicorn-resizecrop--.jpg

No telling what might happen. Best to keep on doing the same thing every time that keeps getting the same outcome when successful.