PDA

View Full Version : LOL New Zealand SA ban nets 530 turned in...

mack7.62
06-03-19, 18:26
out of what is likely a couple hundred thousand.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12235230

New figures show gun owners are holding back on handing in their firearms, because they're waiting to hear how much the Government will pay for them

Figures released to Newstalk ZB by the New Zealand Police showed that, as of Sunday night, only 530 guns had been handed in since the ban on semi-automatic guns was finalised in early April.

There are around 250,000 licenced firearm holders in New Zealand and it's estimated as many as 300,000 guns could now be illegal.

It comes as gun owners are waiting on any details around compensation for their guns.

titsonritz
06-03-19, 19:15
That is a thing of beauty.

Doc Safari
06-04-19, 09:50
I hope the libtards in this country are watching this. Molon Labe Motherf&*^ers!

glocktogo
06-04-19, 10:30
Remember all that talk in the media about Kiwis not being like Americans and that they'd comply? LOL

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-04-19, 10:44
New figures show gun owners are holding back on handing in their firearms, because they're waiting to hear how much the Government will pay for them

The HOPE that they are holding out for more money....

Illegal aliens have shown us that when you get to 15 million, you can tell the Law to go F itself. That is only about 5% of the population.

jpmuscle
06-04-19, 12:48
The HOPE that they are holding out for more money....

Illegal aliens have shown us that when you get to 15 million, you can tell the Law to go F itself. That is only about 5% of the population.

For more than money you meant ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-04-19, 12:59
For more than money you meant ?

I guess you haven't been compensated for the guns that have been turned in so far. Now maybe the rest are waiting to see how much the govt will give them- or they are just going to hold onto to them and tell the govt to F off.

jpmuscle
06-04-19, 13:42
Well if it’s the former than they deserve their fate

If it’s the latter? I wish them black sails days of glory ahead

turnburglar
06-07-19, 12:31
LMFAO!!!

The media thinks gun owners are sitting around like:

https://i.imgur.com/yqAPiY7.jpg

Lnxgeek
06-20-19, 07:24
This article says they have until Sep 30 to hand over their firearms and accessories:

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/20/734303717/new-zealands-plan-to-buy-back-illegal-firearms-has-angers-gun-advocates

ralph
06-20-19, 07:49
This article says they have until Sep 30 to hand over their firearms and accessories:

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/20/734303717/new-zealands-plan-to-buy-back-illegal-firearms-has-angers-gun-advocates

And there's your line in the sand...We'll see what happens after that...

Whiskey_Bravo
06-20-19, 08:55
And there's your line in the sand...We'll see what happens after that...

I am not all that confident that there is going to be any sort of mass disobedience over this. I just spent 3 weeks traveling around New Zealand and while a beautiful place I just don't see it but maybe I am wrong.

Doc Safari
06-20-19, 08:57
I am not all that confident that there is going to be any sort of mass disobedience over this. I just spent 3 weeks traveling around New Zealand and while a beautiful place I just don't see it but maybe I am wrong.

Yes, and New Zealanders are not Americans, so whatever their response it may or may not be applicable to any future bans in the US.

Still, it's educational and may contain some valuable lessons.

Firefly
06-20-19, 09:00
No gods No masters!

Doc Safari
06-20-19, 09:12
No gods No masters!

No guts no glory! :cool:

sundance435
06-20-19, 09:46

There won't likely be violence, but they won't turn them in without adequate compensation and the government will largely look the other way, unless there is another event. They simply don't have the military and police resources to be going door-to-door for this. Granted, they could make a show out of a few and that might up compliance. Regardless, there will be no physical resistance.

People can compare NZ to the UK to some extent, but culturally the Kiwis are very different in important ways.

Whiskey_Bravo
06-20-19, 15:18
There won't likely be violence, but they won't turn them in without adequate compensation and the government will largely look the other way, unless there is another event. They simply don't have the military and police resources to be going door-to-door for this. Granted, they could make a show out of a few and that might up compliance. Regardless, there will be no physical resistance.

People can compare NZ to the UK to some extent, but culturally the Kiwis are very different in important ways.

Pretty much agree with everything you said. They don't have a large police force nor large military. Now share or say something wrong online and you can probably expect a visit from LEO and if you have any they will be removed. As far as being different than the UK I would agree as long as you are talking about those outside of cities like Auckland, Wellington, and Christchurch.

tb-av
07-09-19, 09:51
Beck is reporting they are now up to 700 of the 1.5 Million. So now they are passing more laws which will make their innocent citizens double criminals.

In Australia in 20 years only 20% of the Semi-auto ban have been turned in.

Based on those worldwide facts, AND, that we have a Constitution protecting our gun rights, I think it's time we started throwing our politicians in jail that introduce gun reform.

Doc Safari
07-09-19, 09:54
Beck is reporting they are now up to 700 of the 1.5 Million. So now they are passing more laws which will make their innocent citizens double criminals.

In Australia in 20 years only 20% of the Semi-auto ban have been turned in.

Based on those worldwide facts, AND, that we have a Constitution protecting our gun rights, I think it's time we started throwing our politicians in jail that introduce gun reform.

Jail? If people would just stop voting the gun grabbers into office....that's the only way we ultimately win.

Pappabear
07-09-19, 09:59
Its scary shit to hear this goes on in civilized countries. It freaks me out because our libs will try this crazy stuff and its hard to hide with registered suppressors and SBR's.

PB

tb-av
07-09-19, 10:14
Jail?

Ok, you win... the Gallows it is.

If people would just stop voting the gun grabbers into office....that's the only way we ultimately win.

That ship sailed the day Obama got elected. The Left will continue to buy votes with lies. I'm surprised the Left hasn't introduced bills that would allow all of Mexico to vote in our elections.

mack7.62
07-09-19, 10:18
I can remember the old New Zealand when you were allowed to hunt Red Deer (Elk) from helicopters with M16's and AR15's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g1ZC24CT8g

tb-av
07-09-19, 10:27
Its scary shit to hear this goes on in civilized countries. It freaks me out because our libs will try this crazy stuff and its hard to hide with registered suppressors and SBR's.

PB

Yep, and when they do it, it's always a knee jerk reaction. I've read threads on other forums where people have moved to CA and apparently had to file some papers regarding guns. So one result was, three SWAT types show up at the door in the early AM.

Two choices:
1. Show us your weapons. If in violation of CA laws, we take them and you are not charged.
2. Don't show us your weapons, we get a warrant. If in violation of CA law we take them and charge you.

Black Face Baby Killer Northam is trying to do that in VA right this second. I honestly believe he should at the very least be immediately removed from office and honestly feel he should be jailed for attempted blatant crimes against The Constitution. Or rather to make a sweeping criminal element out of the citizens through his dis-regard for The Constitution.

But.... here we are, and yep, they sure as hell know where we live.

turnburglar
07-09-19, 11:25
It freaks me out because our libs will try this crazy stuff and its hard to hide with registered suppressors and SBR's.

PB

I'm now living in a state (AZ) and have the kind of cash available to get my first suppresor and am really on the fence about it for this exact reason. Why spend all this money, wait months (inpatiently) just so that the next Dem in office can EO 'scary military equipment' out of the hands of the people? They absolutely would start with the ATF and their list of deplorables. And to everyone saying: "ohh but ma NFA items would require and act of congress". I wouldnt put it past pelosi, omar, and AOC for a second to sell out your rights.

THCDDM4
07-09-19, 15:40
I'm now living in a state (AZ) and have the kind of cash available to get my first suppresor and am really on the fence about it for this exact reason. Why spend all this money, wait months (inpatiently) just so that the next Dem in office can EO 'scary military equipment' out of the hands of the people? They absolutely would start with the ATF and their list of deplorables. And to everyone saying: "ohh but ma NFA items would require and act of congress". I wouldnt put it past pelosi, omar, and AOC for a second to sell out your rights.

If these unconstitutional laws were not followed and people didn’t give their complacency in the matter, the laws would be impotent and unenforceable.

This is America! It’s in our blood to be defiant and say “**** you” and kill the bastards that try to take away our inalienable rights.

Real freedom doesn’t flow forth from a piece of paper signed by our forefathers. It is only really obtained by those of us that wield it and decide to be free and do as we wish regardless of what the government says or threatens.

I won’t follow unconstitutional laws, ever.

Mass non-compliance is the only way to defeat a law on the books.

ABNAK
07-09-19, 18:04
If these unconstitutional laws were not followed and people didn’t give their complacency in the matter, the laws would be impotent and unenforceable.

This is America! It’s in our blood to be defiant and say “**** you” and kill the bastards that try to take away our inalienable rights.

Real freedom doesn’t flow forth from a piece of paper signed by our forefathers. It is only really obtained by those of us that wield it and decide to be free and do as we wish regardless of what the government says or threatens.

I won’t follow unconstitutional laws, ever.

Mass non-compliance is the only way to defeat a law on the books.

Agreed, but hard to do with NFA items, as you cannot deny you have them. Any run-of-the-mill EBR can be denied, 4473's be damned. Sure, they can come to you and say "Where are this and this and this?". But at this current time there are NO federal laws on the books dictating that you document or leave a paper trail for a non-NFA gun. You could have sold them all at the last couple of gun shows. They might not believe you, and will certainly come back with a warrant to look, but just don't be stupid enough to actually have something to find and there isn't shit they can do about it.

NFA? Not so much....

THCDDM4
07-09-19, 19:40
Agreed, but hard to do with NFA items, as you cannot deny you have them. Any run-of-the-mill EBR can be denied, 4473's be damned. Sure, they can come to you and say "Where are this and this and this?". But at this current time there are NO federal laws on the books dictating that you document or leave a paper trail for a non-NFA gun. You could have sold them all at the last couple of gun shows. They might not believe you, and will certainly come back with a warrant to look, but just don't be stupid enough to actually have something to find and there isn't shit they can do about it.

NFA? Not so much....

Do not comply with the NFA. Mass non compliance would render it moot.

Prohibition of anything is purely conditional upon compliance.

titsonritz
07-10-19, 02:41
I heard they're up to 70, oh I mean 700. So what .000000003%? :lol: