PDA

View Full Version : Cerakoting or Hydro dipping BUIS?

Apoptotic
06-04-19, 18:12
I just received a beautiful OD Cerakoted AR from Centurion Arms and I’d like the furniture, BUIS, and Aimpoint mount to be in OD or FDE.

Is it possible to Cerakote or Hydro Dip fixed BUIS? Specifically, I’d like two sets of Daniel Defense fixed BUIS to be colored, one in OD and the other in FDE. I’d also like to Cerakote or Hydro dip an American Defense QD H1/T1 mount.

I’d reserve the use of rattle can as the very last option.

BUIS that I’ve found that are already in FDE are not ones that I’d like to use.

Many Thanks!

jstone
06-04-19, 18:48
You can do both, but hydro dipping is a horrible finish. I work for a company assembling rifles, and our sister company does both cerakote, and hydro dip. So I assemble rifles with both finishes, and cerakote is by far the best way to coat your items.

Apoptotic
06-04-19, 19:12
Jstone,

So are you saying that your sister company has experience in Cerakoting BUIS, i.e. this is a somewhat commonly done service?

Thanks!

jstone
06-05-19, 20:59
Jstone,

So are you saying that your sister company has experience in Cerakoting BUIS, i.e. this is a somewhat commonly done service?

Thanks!

They cerakote anything rings, bases, buis, scopes, barreled actions. They cerakote products for some of the largest firearms manufacturers like Daniel defense, sig, Springfield, and other those are just off the top of my head. Cerakote is an amazing finish.

Deadsquiggles
06-07-19, 08:47
Cerakote for sure. Lasts longer and looks better than hydrodipping.