PDA

View Full Version : West Point training accident - in process thur. AM

tb-av
06-06-19, 08:28
https://abcnews.go.com/US/training-accident-reported-west-point-responders-treating-casualties/story?id=63527153

Training accident reported at West Point, first responders treating casualties

One dead.

There were a total of 20 cadets and three active duty soldiers in the five-ton cargo truck called a light medium tactical vehicle, the source added.

pinzgauer
06-06-19, 20:36
Please be reasonable with comments, we have parents of current cadets in our midst.

Wake27
06-06-19, 20:45
Sadly this is a pretty frequent occurrence. I think a lot more people die in training accident than most realize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OH58D
06-06-19, 21:15
My 20 year old son just finished his Sophomore year at West Point. They all do some kind of Summer training. Last year for him it was Air Assault, this Summer he is doing Mountain training with the 10th Mountain Division.

This sort of thing happens. One ROTC cadet at New Mexico Military Institute was to commission last month, but was injured in a HUMVEE rollover at Fort Bliss, screwed up his back, had fusion surgery and was given a medical discharge. He was enlisted in the Army Reserve at the time. I saw it all during my 22 years in the Army - everything from a sprained ankle from stepping in a hole during a FTX road march to death. The military can be a dangerous business - just in training.

Benito
06-06-19, 21:33
For real, though, that is a shame.
Just as much a shame as young men dying 10s of thousands of miles away for wars that not only do not benefit them, but actively harm their own flesh and blood people, while the continental US gets literally invaded and colonized every day while the leadership looks on.
Such is life in the Empire.

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-07-19, 01:15
-OH58D, I'm glad to hear your son wasn't involved. I thought of you both when I heard the news, was concerned when you didn't post about it.

OH58D
06-07-19, 07:51
-OH58D, I'm glad to hear your son wasn't involved. I thought of you both when I heard the news, was concerned when you didn't post about it.
Thank You, sir. My son was already up at Fort Drum for training, but as a parent, you feel a lump in your throat when you hear of something like this, and you feel for the parents of the deceased cadet.

Whether college ROTC or a Military Academy, you do things the average undergraduate does not get to do. A tough way for a college degree. The cadre training these cadets are usually military professionals, especially the senior non-commissioned officers. I would not have gotten very far in my career without them.