PDA

View Full Version : New Larue trigger

seb5
06-06-19, 13:52
https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-mbt-1s-trigger/

Hmmm, I guess it's a shot at other mil-spec replacements. For the $80.00 I'll stick with the MBT 2-S.

vandal5
06-06-19, 14:11
https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-mbt-1s-trigger/

Hmmm, I guess it's a shot at other mil-spec replacements. For the $80.00 I'll stick with the MBT 2-S.On TOS, I read a post from Mark discussing the flat bow version of the MBT 2-S, he said he didn't get why people liked them (or something like that) but had enough requests for them that he figured they would sell. Guessing the same goes for the single stage.

Some people swear by a single stage... now they have one more option.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

GH41
06-06-19, 17:48
At 6 pounds you may as well just jerk through a mil spec trigger?? My fav single stage for an all round rifle is the Wilson TTU. At 4# with no takeup and a quick reset it is perfect for me. Unfortunately you cannot come close to buying one for 80 bucks.

ccosby
06-06-19, 19:48
Some people swear by a single stage... now they have one more option.

Honestly I preferred single stage triggers myself but ended up with a bunch of the 2 stage larue triggers as they are a very good trigger for the money. Now I'm used to them. I haven't replaced the few geissele or timney triggers I had with them but I'm not buying anymore unless its not an ar style trigger. My scar has a geissele in it for example.

The only thing I really want to see is the single stage full auto trigger larue was hinting at for my m16a2.

Stickman
06-06-19, 20:25
At 6 pounds you may as well just jerk through a mil spec trigger?? My fav single stage for an all round rifle is the Wilson TTU. At 4# with no takeup and a quick reset it is perfect for me. Unfortunately you cannot come close to buying one for 80 bucks.

The WC TTU lineup stomps most companies.

vandal5
06-06-19, 21:06
At 6 pounds you may as well just jerk through a mil spec trigger?? My fav single stage for an all round rifle is the Wilson TTU. At 4# with no takeup and a quick reset it is perfect for me. Unfortunately you cannot come close to buying one for 80 bucks.Wonder if you could use the lighter spring that comes with the MBT 2S?

I'm by no means a guru of triggers so that might not actually be a good idea.

joedirt199
06-07-19, 07:01
I didn't notice any increase in weight of trigger pull between the two trigger springs of the MBT. What I did notice was the lack of positive/speed reset between the two springs. My gaming lowers have the heavier springs, my precision slow fire lower has the lighter trigger spring.

Deadsquiggles
06-07-19, 07:22
Like has been said before, I feel like for weight, you might as well use a polished up mil-spec trigger.

everready73
06-07-19, 08:45
Wonder if you could use the lighter spring that comes with the MBT 2S?

I'm by no means a guru of triggers so that might not actually be a good idea.

I believe you can. Mark sent out some test units on TOS and some were reporting 3-4LB pull when measured. We will see what the final version is, I know he made a few changes after feedback. he sent the new ones out to the original testers and i will post if i see any reports on springs/pull weights

adh
06-07-19, 09:47
Honestly I preferred single stage triggers myself but ended up with a bunch of the 2 stage larue triggers as they are a very good trigger for the money. Now I'm used to them. I haven't replaced the few geissele or timney triggers I had with them but I'm not buying anymore unless its not an ar style trigger. My scar has a geissele in it for example.

The only thing I really want to see is the single stage full auto trigger larue was hinting at for my m16a2.

I too prefer single stage and have only one MBT-2.....great trigger but I can shoot a mil-spec single stage faster which surprised me quite a bit.....and with a 6# pull I have to agree with all the others who've already said you're better off with a slickered up mil-spec trigger like the BCM, Sionics, ALG for the price

26 Inf
06-07-19, 10:14
I've read that mil-spec weight is between 5.5 and 9.5. At 6 the LaRue is at the lower end.

Maybe it's because I 'grew up' shooting DA revolvers and DA/SA pistols, but I've always gotten along well with heavier triggers - grit is the issue.

I ordered one to try it before I render a verdict.

turnburglar
06-07-19, 11:02
I just ran the credit card for two MBT2's, because this one has a milspec pull weight. If they would have made a single stage to compete with Geissele SSP or Wilson's TTU than I would have gotten one for sure. A 'match' single stage can be incredible, but the milspec ones have waaayy to long of a lock time to really get them moving fast.

M Sadler
06-16-19, 17:03
... but the milspec ones have waaayy to long of a lock time to really get them moving fast.

Really? Given an MBT2 and any "mil spec" trigger / hammer combo, what's the difference in lock time? Weight of the hammer, spring rate of the hammer spring and weight of the firing pin are the only factors in lock time. Activation of the trigger and pull weight has nothing to do with lock time unless you're using your own definition of the term or one you found on Wikipedia.

bigjoe7757
06-16-19, 17:56
Just picked up the new Larue flat bow trigger for my Pistol and so far I like it. I can rip off double taps a little faster now, and my follow up shots feel improved. Really feel like the flat bow triggers were meant for Pistols and SBR type stuff, close quarters in your face training. I’m also running the heavy spring since I feel a heavier trigger fits the pistol assigned task.

Kansaswoodguy
06-17-19, 18:48
I have about 6 of MBT triggers there about the same as a Rock River varmint trigger they are better than the Ruger 451 but not as good as my Geissele High Speed National match triggers but a third the price.

26 Inf
06-21-19, 00:22
My MBT 1S arrived yesterday. I got home kind of late tonight from a ride and chilled out by installing it is my dedicated .22 trainer. Used the trigger spring that came on it (light). I don't think it hits 6 pounds, at least I'd be surprised if it did. Just starting pressing and all of a sudden, click. No creep, no grit, just a glass rod breaking. Reset is okay - as far as I could tell from dry-firing, feels like maybe the heavier spring would make a difference. I'll swap the lower onto a rifle upper and try to get out tomorrow if I can.

Two things 1) LaRue must be running out of SWAG - nothing extra in my box except a UDE hat which I paid for. 2) I've been spoiled by the MBT 2's having the disconnector held in place, the MBT 1S doesn't, not a big deal but it took me a second to find my slave pin.

tehpwnag3
06-21-19, 09:24
What is it about flat triggers that makes your training more hardcore?

Just picked up the new Larue flat bow trigger for my Pistol and so far I like it. I can rip off double taps a little faster now, and my follow up shots feel improved. Really feel like the flat bow triggers were meant for Pistols and SBR type stuff, close quarters in your face training. I’m also running the heavy spring since I feel a heavier trigger fits the pistol assigned task.

vandal5
06-21-19, 12:20
Triggers are now showing as $80, down from 87.

https://www.larue.com/category/parts-accessories/lower-parts/triggers/

ryanm
06-21-19, 12:34
With the lighter spring any issues with light primer strikes? Bought the 2 stage with normal bow. I see they are making a heavier spring now as an option.

tehpwnag3
06-21-19, 12:58
The hammer spring stays the same so it shouldn't be an issue.

With the lighter spring any issues with light primer strikes? Bought the 2 stage with normal bow. I see they are making a heavier spring now as an option.

ETA: My 2S came with both trigger springs. Not yours?