PDA

View Full Version : Lyman Brass Smith Case Trim Xpress

drtywk
06-07-19, 10:00
Has anyone had hands on with one of these yet, https://www.lymanproducts.com/brands/lyman/case-trimmers-accessories/brass-smith-case-trim-xpresstm? I know it is not a Giraud, but it has some similar features and the price is right.

markm
06-07-19, 12:42
Interesting. I have my Giraud set up for .223, and almost never trim anything else.

I hit the LE Wilson trimmer for 308 once a year, but manual trimming is a lot of time & energy.

drtywk
06-07-19, 14:15
I am looking at it for .223 and .300BO.

markm
06-07-19, 14:57
Does 300 need much trimming?

DCB
06-08-19, 20:26
I have no experience with this unit, but I have the Frankford Arsenal Platinum trimmer that works nearly identically.

I haven’t checked the price on this unit, but the Frankford has the debur and chamfer tools that spin right next to the trimmer (which also uses the shoulder indexing collets) which seems pretty convenient.

markm
06-09-19, 12:00
I have no experience with this unit, but I have the Frankford Arsenal Platinum trimmer that works nearly identically.

I haven’t checked the price on this unit, but the Frankford has the debur and chamfer tools that spin right next to the trimmer (which also uses the shoulder indexing collets) which seems pretty convenient.

You should come out and shoot. :p