PDA

View Full Version : PSA GF3 AK-47 review

Mrgunsngear
06-10-19, 00:58
https://i.imgur.com/R2aZVxCl.jpg

Finally finished up the GF3 review. Had one issue with the rear sight (similar to Rob I guess) but otherwise it went pretty well. The photos in the video show the wear better than I can say but all in all I think it's doing well.

https://youtu.be/bbsIpXdkNcs

RetroRevolver77
06-10-19, 08:06
Rob's got 4k rounds through it in his review. Only broke a the firing pin retainer pin which is easily replaced and it still functioned. Hopefully someday the US can finally build a quality AK.

Five_Point_Five_Six
06-12-19, 09:44
It looks like PSA *might* be on their way to being the first manufacturer with a 100% US made AK that is capable of long term heavy use. They seem to be using the right materials, machining process etc on the GF3s. Their assembly and QC still needs a lot of work, both on the AR and AK side.

Even though I'm a bit soured on PSA from a few bad experiences, I root for PSA to get their assembly and QC in order. I just might pick one of these GF3s up later.

hburn
07-06-19, 12:22
I just want them to make an affordable 5.45 ak next

Quiet
07-06-19, 12:37
I just want them to make an affordable 5.45 ak next

5.45x39mm PSAK-74... ETA Summer 2019 (https://palmettostatearmory.com/blog/shot-show-2019-the-psak-74.html)

everready73
07-06-19, 20:24
5.45x39mm PSAK-74... ETA Summer 2019 (https://palmettostatearmory.com/blog/shot-show-2019-the-psak-74.html)
So it will be out fall off 2020 :).

Mrgunsngear
07-06-19, 22:17
So it will be out fall off 2020 :).

As long as it works then I'm fine waiting personally.

hburn
07-06-19, 23:31
Hopefully it’s this summer but idc if it’s 2 years, as long as it works for a fun plinker and it’s cheap

RetroRevolver77
07-11-19, 09:24
Delete.

07-11-19, 11:43
They need to skip 5.45 altogether.

After owning dozens of AK's over the years, I've come to the conclusion that AK's should just stick to being in 7.62x39.

Why’s that?

eodinert
07-11-19, 12:15
They need to skip 5.45 altogether.

After owning dozens of AK's over the years, I've come to the conclusion that AK's should just stick to being in 7.62x39.

While currently owning a dozen AKs, except for historical relevance, I'd take an AK74 any time. Much nicer shooting.

JM36
07-11-19, 16:13
It looks like PSA *might* be on their way to being the first manufacturer with a 100% US made AK that is capable of long term heavy use. They seem to be using the right materials, machining process etc on the GF3s. Their assembly and QC still needs a lot of work, both on the AR and AK side.

Even though I'm a bit soured on PSA from a few bad experiences, I root for PSA to get their assembly and QC in order. I just might pick one of these GF3s up later.

I really hope this becomes true. I've put off buying an AK for so long because I'm not confident in the quality of anything in my price range for an AK. From the videos I've seen on YouTube, it seems PSA is really close.

Interesting to hear you've had bad experience with PSA though. For ARs, at least, I've had no issues myself and haven't seen too many other complaints. Maybe I've just been fortunate to avoid lemons.

Five_Point_Five_Six
07-11-19, 17:17
I really hope this becomes true. I've put off buying an AK for so long because I'm not confident in the quality of anything in my price range for an AK. From the videos I've seen on YouTube, it seems PSA is really close.

Interesting to hear you've had bad experience with PSA though. For ARs, at least, I've had no issues myself and haven't seen too many other complaints. Maybe I've just been fortunate to avoid lemons.

My experience with PSA goes back many years. To make a long story short, I've never had a PSA product, whether it's a lower or upper, that wasn't out of spec somewhere. They ranged from still works to absolute soup sandwich. Not pointing fingers at you, but many of the people who say they've had PSA for years and had no problems are people who don't really shoot much. I don't really try to get people to not buy PSA, I figure it will either work for them or it won't and they're not out much and they learned a lesson.

JM36
07-11-19, 17:53
My experience with PSA goes back many years. To make a long story short, I've never had a PSA product, whether it's a lower or upper, that wasn't out of spec somewhere. They ranged from still works to absolute soup sandwich. Not pointing fingers at you, but many of the people who say they've had PSA for years and had no problems are people who don't really shoot much. I don't really try to get people to not buy PSA, I figure it will either work for them or it won't and they're not out much and they learned a lesson.

I shoot often, but you're probably right that I don't shoot my PSA ARs as much as my higher end rifles. Now that I think of it, I've probably only put a few thousand rounds through a PSA rifle at most.