PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestion for SBR lower engraving in the Orlando area

MichaelW
06-10-19, 15:45
Hey all, long time lurker here.

Can anyone make a recommendation where to get my NFA lower engraved in the Central Florida/Orlando/Lake County area?

Thanks in advance!

BigWaylon
06-10-19, 17:08
I’d send it off to Tar Heel State Firearms.

I have used a guy in FL that’s not too far from Orlando. I think he’s in Ocala? He does a lot of work an ARF, which is how I found him. Username is CS223 over there if you have an account. Not sure if he’s on M4C or not.

MichaelW
06-10-19, 17:13

I have used a guy in FL that’s not too far from Orlando. I think he’s in Ocala? He does a lot of work an ARF, which is how I found him. Username is CS223 over there if you have an account. Not sure if he’s on M4C or not.

Whoa, that's really cool how Tarheel can do the trigger area!

Thanks for the tip, seems very reasonably priced as well.

gaspasser
06-10-19, 17:54
I've also used CS223; he's done 5 of my SBR lowers and very pleased with work and cost.
http://nflgun.com

czgunner
06-10-19, 20:15
I recommend Verita Machining. They laser engrave in the mag well.

BigWaylon
06-10-19, 20:24
Whoa, that's really cool how Tarheel can do the trigger area!

Thanks for the tip, seems very reasonably priced as well.
They’re the rare combination of price, speed and quality. You won’t be disappointed.

CS223 does great work as well. Glad @gaspasser had his website, as I couldn’t remember it.

Tigereye
06-10-19, 21:02
Tarheel does great work and fast turn times.

MichaelW
06-10-19, 21:22
Tarheel does great work and fast turn times.

Thanks all!

Been in touch with Scott at TarHeel and shipping it off tomorrow.

M-

jdgiii
06-10-19, 22:05

Tarheel State Firearms is awesome. I live about 40 minutes from his shop. Went there to do my sbr work. In and out the door in thirty minutes. That’s all it took to do photo, prints, paperwork, and walk out with my lower engraved.

agr1279
06-11-19, 18:08

I wish he was in Ocala. He’s actually in Alachua which is just north of Gainesville. That is a good guess.

Dan

BigWaylon
06-11-19, 19:51
I wish he was in Ocala. He’s actually in Alachua which is just north of Gainesville. That is a good guess.

Dan
Ocala is what showed up on some forum when I search his name. Oh well...THSF will take care of him.

MichaelW
06-15-19, 11:26
Quick update.

I shipped my lower to Scott at Tarheel for the engraving. According to UPS it arrive at his shop at 2:50pm Thursday, by 3:30 I received a USPS Priority mail notification that a shipment back from him was pending. Arrived at my house this morning (Saturday).

I am simply stunned at how quick the turnaround was and what a great job he did. The fact that he charges less than 50% of anyone local to me that I reached out to was just icing on the cake. Highly highly highly (that's 3 highly's) recommend Scott at Tarheelstate Firearms.

https://i.imgur.com/bIuZMTB.jpg

BigWaylon
06-15-19, 13:39
They can’t always get it done that fast, but you’re definitely not the first person to get “same day” service.

Eurodriver
06-15-19, 20:13

I too have used Chuck Smyder for transfers and engraving. I have always been very impressed with comms and turnaround time.

snackgunner
06-15-19, 20:23
yes chuck smyder is good people