PDA

View Full Version : Active shooter Dallas

Arik
06-17-19, 13:56
No injuries, shooter dead. Unknown reason at the moment.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2019/06/17/shots-fired-federal-courthouse-downtown-dallas

jsbhike
06-17-19, 14:00
Binary trigger &/or pistol brace?

Arik
06-17-19, 14:02
Binary trigger &/or pistol brace?Pic looks like AR but otherwise no info. But he did have a black (tactical) ski mask

WickedWillis
06-17-19, 15:43
Really glad no one was hurt other than the shooter. Great job to the first responders!

Sam
06-17-19, 19:37
After some initial mentioning, the headlines have all disappeared. No kids or other people were killed, no school, the attack was against a government building and the guy is neutralized. It's tough to sensationalize the story.

A few years ago a crack head attacked a local courthouse. The sheriff deputies and city police took care of him pretty quick. By the end, he had about 50 bullets in him.

jpmuscle
06-17-19, 19:48
Well it would appear mental health is still a prevailing issue in this country.

I wonder when we’ll actually get around to taking it seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

titsonritz
06-17-19, 20:02
So schools, churches, malls, movie theaters (a.k.a. gunfree zones) are easy targets, but government building aren't so easy. Who'da thuck it?

jpmuscle
06-17-19, 20:09
So schools, churches, malls, movie theaters (a.k.a. gunfree zones) are easy targets, but government building aren't so easy. Who'da thuck it?

Shhhhhhh

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190618/e27bbcd4b887e630cb6df694de282e99.jpg

SeriousStudent
06-17-19, 20:23
I've seen pictures of the shooter. Apparently the Federal Protective Services guys did good work, nice tight A-zone hits. Going up against a moving target shooting back with a rifle.

And if you are familiar with where the Cabell Building is in downtown Dallas, it's right next to the Greyhound station. It's also across the parking lot from the world's most dangerous McDonalds. NOBODY with a lick of sense goes to that place.

But that block is a highly-populated area, especially at 8:30 in the morning. That's a federal courthouse with trials in session when the shooting started. So there are a lot of innocent people right there.

Well done, lads. Very well done.

Renegade
06-17-19, 22:19
It's also across the parking lot from the world's most dangerous McDonalds. NOBODY with a lick of sense goes to that place.

Amen.

I would rather run a red light than stop in front of the place.

Phillygunguy
06-17-19, 22:24
Waiting for hot mic of Trump saying he hates ARs and wants to ban them next.

jpmuscle
06-17-19, 22:36
Waiting for hot mic of Trump saying he hates ARs and wants to ban them next.

Stop that. He’s playing quantum mechanics level chess

SeriousStudent
06-17-19, 22:37
Amen.

I would rather run a red light than stop in front of the place.

It's probably been 15 years since I was stupid enough to go in there for some hash browns and coffee. I was with two US Deputy Marshals at the time, who were both wearing raid jackets..

Do they still have the bullet-resistant glass to protect the staff from the patrons? Only other place like that I know of is that Williams Chicken place off Singleton in West Dallas.

But damn, their wings were awesome. :)

jbjh
06-17-19, 23:47
Pics from the photog who was at the scene are amazing. That guy was 20 feet away behind a column when the shooter tried to rush the door.

I’m not going to post images, because the shooter deserves anonymous ignominy (at most), but the pictures the new outlets are running (along with video) are intense.

Circle_10
06-18-19, 04:48
The shooter is basically getting spitroasted online. He will live on in memes only....

GTF425
06-18-19, 06:32
The shooter is basically getting spitroasted online. He will live on in memes only....

You can almost smell the Failure To Adapt in his chapter paperwork.

Imagine being that dude's former Team and Squad Leader. "Called it"

Five_Point_Five_Six
06-18-19, 09:39
"Never bring a DPMS to a gunfight."-Pat Rogers' Ghost 2019(probably)

Sam
06-18-19, 09:40
The crazy idiot was either a horrible shot or he didn't really mean to hit anybody. AR with optics (probably some cheap Ncstar), gun show special VN era flak vest, hunting boots, mask didn't last long against initial response LE. The initial responders probably had to deal with him using handguns, doubt the AR/long guns people arrived in time for the show.

Remember the LA Bank of America duo? AK, modified/homemade body armor that pistol rounds bounced off? Took LAPD almost an hour to corner them.

flenna
06-18-19, 10:26
Remember the LA Bank of America duo? AK, modified/homemade body armor that pistol rounds bounced off? Took LAPD almost an hour to corner them.

That is what brought about the era of the patrol rifle and the end of the cruiser shotgun. I remember the officers running into a gun shop and getting ARs, magazines and ammunition off the shelves. Wouldn’t happen today, though. They’d get a neutered rifle with a fixed magazine and then have to wait on a background check to get the ammo.

glocktogo
06-18-19, 10:28
Yeah, he's gonna go down as the worst active shooter in active shooter history. Apparently the reason he has a mag in his shooting hand is because it fell out of his flea market "tactical" mag pouches and he bent over to pick it up. LOL

https://www.okshooters.com/attachments/screenshot_2019-06-18-08-26-14-png.138257/

RobertTheTexan
06-18-19, 11:36
I've seen pictures of the shooter. Apparently the Federal Protective Services guys did good work, nice tight A-zone hits. Going up against a moving target shooting back with a rifle.

And if you are familiar with where the Cabell Building is in downtown Dallas, it's right next to the Greyhound station. It's also across the parking lot from the world's most dangerous McDonalds. NOBODY with a lick of sense goes to that place.

But that block is a highly-populated area, especially at 8:30 in the morning. That's a federal courthouse with trials in session when the shooting started. So there are a lot of innocent people right there.

Well done, lads. Very well done.

Makes me grateful for a residence in our little burg here in Central Texas..

And second your comment - kudos to the men that dropped the maggot.

Firefly

Im gonna put a 416 upper on a DPMS just to unleash the goddamn fury

on another note if whorehouses were legal and cheap then people like this wouldnt go crazy.

Sam
Love to read those captions in your picture glocktogo. Anyway you can blow that up or attached a bigger jpg?

RobertTheTexan
06-18-19, 11:41

I guess I should tell our local PD that they need to DX all their fully functional DPMS’s (that have had zero issues the past several years).

Nothing like fixing something that isn’t broken.

Five_Point_Five_Six
06-18-19, 12:13
Im gonna put a 416 upper on a DPMS just to unleash the goddamn fury

on another note if whorehouses were legal and cheap then people like this wouldnt go crazy.

Needs to be an Anderson lower or one of those Spartan Helmet magwell lowers from Sharps.

I guess I should tell our local PD that they need to DX all their fully functional DPMS’s (that have had zero issues the past several years).

Nothing like fixing something that isn’t broken.

Yeah because what the PD in a Podunk Central TX location does negates the long history of DPMS rifles being shitty, and I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say they're probably not running Oracles.

glocktogo
06-18-19, 12:14
Love to read those captions in your picture glocktogo. Anyway you can blow that up or attached a bigger jpg?

Not sure why it didn't do the larger pic the first time around. Try looking now because they are quite funny, as is the poser level "quality" of his gear.

Sam
06-18-19, 13:18
Not sure why it didn't do the larger pic the first time around. Try looking now because they are quite funny, as is the poser level "quality" of his gear.

Yeah, it's working now. I got at least one of those right, about the boots. All the pictures I saw were tough to see his gear. I think he had the mag in his right hand because he reached down to pick it up when it fell out of the unsecured pouches. I'm glad he was a doofus.

SeriousStudent
06-18-19, 15:52
You can almost smell the Failure To Adapt in his chapter paperwork.

Imagine being that dude's former Team and Squad Leader. "Called it"

Yup, that would be foolish to bet against.

"Hey, you remember that Shit Stain they chaptered out? Guess what he did........"

Firefly
06-18-19, 16:32
LARP memery.

You will see more of this.
Pissed off because of the blacks, jews, lackanookie, julios taking jobs and making piss poor tacos?

Just cobble up some half assed battle rattle, post cryptic messages on Facebook or dirty chinese cartoon imageboards and let CNN start putting your life story out there because everyone loves a sideshow.

Weak and lame.

Part of me thinks he didn’t really want to pull it off. Like he was crazy enough to plot it, too pussy to accomplish it, and enough of a dweeb to get capped over it.

Lame, weak, Low T, betamax.

I don’t even remember what 22 years old feels like but I recall a lot of healthy interpersonal relationships, a job, and better things to do than one up a buncha perverts online.

Like, I barely remember 30. Hell even 35 seems like a million years ago.

It’s this whole Taxi Driver moody loner jive that irks me. Every man goes through that phase and that’s all it is. A phase.

You are always one good lost weekend of debauchery away from forgetting why you were so pissed off.

Women will always break your heart but chicks turn 18 everyday and life goes on. Yeah the white Man ain’t getting any justice these days. Life goes on. Yeah the inmates run the prison, life goes on.

Age has a way of reminding you what is really important and what isn’t. 99% of people are assholes. C’est la Guerre.

If you wanna get back at the world, be happy. Especially if they don’t want you to be.

kerplode
06-18-19, 16:45
If you wanna get back at the world, be happy. Especially if they don’t want you to be.

This some truth and wisdom right here...

mrbieler
06-18-19, 16:47
To quote Kevin Hart, "He wasn't ready".

Achilles11B
06-18-19, 22:57
Women will always break your heart but chicks turn 18 everyday and life goes on.

I laughed for a good five minutes at that line.

Todd00000
06-19-19, 08:32
The memes have been great.

sgtrock82
06-19-19, 11:38
Expect nothing but fail from anyone who tries to wear lace up boots like loafers

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk