PDA

View Full Version : It's going to be a long 6-8 weeks... LMT

thebigx
11-11-08, 15:32
So I placed my order in for a LMT CQB MRP upper with enhanced bolt and charging handle (basically complete) and also placed with them an LMT lower w/ 2 stage trigger and SOPMOD... Wait time, 6-8 weeks! GRRRRRRRR! Damn you buying frenzy people!

Anyhow, any pics of AR's with LMT CQB MRP uppers... I'd like to see a bunch with KAC panels on there, since I have a lot of panels that I'm holding onto!

FLGator
11-11-08, 15:35
Where did you order from? Direct from LMT website?

thebigx
11-11-08, 15:45
Where did you order from? Direct from LMT website?

Well my friend is a local dealer, and we put in a BIG order. He asked me if I wanted anything because 1) it might be our last chance and 2) price break from such a big order! :)

So to answer your question, no/yes... No, I didn't order directly from their site, yes my friend ordered directly through LMT.

spamsammich
11-11-08, 15:53
Did you get the enhanced bolt carrier group or just the enhanced bolt with a standard carrier?

IDCC
11-11-08, 16:44
Are you getting tagged with the 11% FET from LMT for ordering an Upper and Lower?

RogerinTPA
11-11-08, 17:13
Patients thebigx patients....it will be worth the wait. You should be kicking yourself for not ordering earlier, even a month ago. Be thankful that you were able to get an order in.

So I placed my order in for a LMT CQB MRP upper with enhanced bolt and charging handle (basically complete) and also placed with them an LMT lower w/ 2 stage trigger and SOPMOD... Wait time, 6-8 weeks! GRRRRRRRR! Damn you buying frenzy people!

Anyhow, any pics of AR's with LMT CQB MRP uppers... I'd like to see a bunch with KAC panels on there, since I have a lot of panels that I'm holding onto!

thebigx
11-11-08, 17:31
Did you get the enhanced bolt carrier group or just the enhanced bolt with a standard carrier?

sorry, i got the enhanced bolt carrier group

Are you getting tagged with the 11% FET from LMT for ordering an Upper and Lower?

nope, i did not! :) we ordered 30 lowers (some complete, some stripped) along with some uppers... so i ducked that fee! ;)

Patients thebigx patients....it will be worth the wait. You should be kicking yourself for not ordering earlier, even a month ago. Be thankful that you were able to get an order in.

i know! now if i could only sell one of my new never fired cmmg w/ troy ff and vltor emod stock! he has a brand new colt le6920 just waiting there for me to pick up! it pays to be a really good friend with people in the business! :)

thetallengineer
11-11-08, 17:40
6-8 weeks is a fairly standard lead time when ordering direct from LMT.

thebigx
11-11-08, 17:42
6-8 weeks is a fairly standard lead time when ordering direct from LMT.

regardless, it's going to be a long wait for me! :)

Gunrider
11-11-08, 17:59
LMT sells Dealer direct. Every day you don't order you get 1200 guns back in line.

My LMT MRPs --

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/LMTGasUpper.jpg (piston)

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/_MG_5230.jpg (DI)

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/LMTGP.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/LMTMRPCQB.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/_MG_4822.jpg

spamsammich
11-11-08, 18:26
Just curious, why the enhanced BCG over the standard F/A BCG?

I am asking a leading question because I've read a few complaints from people with the enhanced BCG causing cycling issues. I'm a little worried you'll be one of them in 6 weeks time.

frogger
11-11-08, 21:16
I feel your pain. I ordered the upper I need to finish my current build from CMMG yesterday and was told 2 months! 2 weeks ago, they told me 2 weeks, but I didn't have all the funds yet.

bushmasterar15
11-11-08, 22:53
I ordered my LMT QCB 10.5 upper 2 weeks ago now 4 more to go hopefully. I wish I had some KAC panels to put on her. Will post pics soon as she comes in.

BAC
11-11-08, 22:56
What scope is that on pics 3, 4, and the bottom of 5?

-B

dtibbals
11-11-08, 23:18
Hell I ordered a complete LMT in July and it still isn't here! I can't wait but I have a Colt and another LMT last week so now not in a hurry to pay for the piston one lol.

Gunrider
11-12-08, 02:06
The 11% excise tax is a federal tax that applies to the price of ALL complete guns, BEFORE they get to your store...

Barack's boys would like that increased to approximately a 50% excise tax -- so a 1000 rifle would cost over 1500

And the 11% excise tax on AMMO would go up to a 110% tax -- more than doubling the coast of each box of ammo.

Buy now!

Gunrider
11-12-08, 02:07
What scope is that on pics 3, 4, and the bottom of 5?

-B

Leupold 1-4x CQT very bright clear lens with illiminated circle reticle

thebigx
11-12-08, 08:14
Just curious, why the enhanced BCG over the standard F/A BCG?

I am asking a leading question because I've read a few complaints from people with the enhanced BCG causing cycling issues. I'm a little worried you'll be one of them in 6 weeks time.

No reason, I figured with the price break, I might as well "upgrade" the bolt carrier group. Also I have 3 LMT Standard BCGs set aside in my "oh shizz" box.

BAC
11-12-08, 13:34
Leupold 1-4x CQT very bright clear lens with illiminated circle reticle

Word, thanks. Eye relief pretty forgiving or not so much? Leupold's website is pretty useless for data...

-B

Gunrider
11-12-08, 13:38
Eye relief more forgiving than my 4X acog -- it's basically the MRT 30mm Mark IV 1-4 scope in a "tacticool" body. I like mine. Many operators I know don't like it compared to their accupoints for co-witnessing.

BAC
11-12-08, 13:42
Aaaah, Leupold buried the page, but I found the specs now. Thanks for the comparison to the ACOG (the only magnified optic I've messed with), that helps with a frame of reference. I don't think if I snagged one of these I'd do much in the way of cowitnessing unless it's the front sight (I'd have a flip-down rear). Or is it the front sight that they didn't like how it cowitnessed with?

-B

Don Robison
11-12-08, 13:43
I just ordered two more 16" LMT uppers this morning and they are now up to a 10-12 week wait. Mine are scheduled to be delivered 6 Feb.

GlockWRX
11-12-08, 16:44
About three weeks ago I called a dealer I usually go through about getting an LMT MRP piston. He said he would be getting them in a couple of weeks and they would be up on his website. Since they aren't on his website, I called him today to get the scoop. He said he was told by LMT that he won't see anything until February.

Funny thing is that he's had that order in place since before the current craziness started. I wonder how his order suddenly got delayed by everyone piling on after him?

CrawGator
11-12-08, 19:10
The 11% excise tax is a federal tax that applies to the price of ALL complete guns, BEFORE they get to your store...

Barack's boys would like that increased to approximately a 50% excise tax -- so a 1000 rifle would cost over 1500

And the 11% excise tax on AMMO would go up to a 110% tax -- more than doubling the coast of each box of ammo.

Buy now!

Where did you get this info from? The increased tax is what I am referring to.

Gunrider
11-12-08, 19:24
Democratic Party Website.

Gunrider
11-12-08, 19:26
About three weeks ago I called a dealer I usually go through about getting an LMT MRP piston. He said he would be getting them in a couple of weeks and they would be up on his website. Since they aren't on his website, I called him today to get the scoop. He said he was told by LMT that he won't see anything until February.

Funny thing is that he's had that order in place since before the current craziness started. I wonder how his order suddenly got delayed by everyone piling on after him?

I don't know because LMT (and I suspect other companies) have three eight hour shifts a day assembling guns -- I think literally people have ordered more guns that can be made quickly.

Flipside
11-12-08, 21:17

If that's true, I for one will be a very unhappy customer. The order that I placed was in late October, and I was told by LMT that orders for the CQB16's were about three (3) weeks out...

bimmerbill
11-14-08, 18:23
Ordered 2 complete uppers 06NOV, ship date 15JAN. It will be a good new years present!

thebigx
11-14-08, 19:13
Yep, we just called them, my order has a ship date of Dec. 18... hmmm I'm counting down the days!

Impact
11-14-08, 21:48
glad I bought my 2 lmt lowers back in June..

Shihan
11-15-08, 01:12
Well my friend is a local dealer, and we put in a BIG order. He asked me if I wanted anything because 1) it might be our last chance and 2) price break from such a big order! :)

So to answer your question, no/yes... No, I didn't order directly from their site, yes my friend ordered directly through LMT.

LMT dosent give more of a price brake for larger orders to dealers. the only time is if there is a Shot Show Special.

thebigx
11-15-08, 06:36
LMT dosent give more of a price brake for larger orders to dealers. the only time is if there is a Shot Show Special.

I dont know, a complete cqb upper w/ enhanced bcg, fixed rear and front sight for 1150, that sounds like a price break to me...

thebigx
11-15-08, 06:38
I paid $400 for the lower w/ 2 stage and sopmod stock.... Hmm...:rolleyes:

thebigx
11-15-08, 06:40
Of course those are the prices I paid to my dealer. As far as what he got them for... I can only think that he got a break on them. He wouldn't just charge me cost for these things, even though we are friends. I even insist that he doesn't, he's gotta put food on the table and keep the roof over his head.

Shihan
11-16-08, 01:04
I dont know, a complete cqb upper w/ enhanced bcg, fixed rear and front sight for 1150, that sounds like a price break to me...

Im saying LMT dosent give a dealer a break for volume orders unless its at Shot Show. Whatever your buddy charged you is your business.

thebigx
11-16-08, 10:34
Im saying LMT dosent give a dealer a break for volume orders unless its at Shot Show. Whatever your buddy charged you is your business.

When I wanted to order it awhile back, it would've just been a single order, and it came out to be more than what it is now. I guess, I see it as a price break. My friend already doesn't charge me his retail price for anything I buy... So when I compared it to what I was priced back then to what it is now, I was thinking maybe he got a price break. b/c it came out to be $150 less than what he was selling it to me for back then.