PDA

View Full Version : LMT Enhanced BCG - Increased Wear to Receiver??

kestrel452
06-19-19, 12:55
To anyone who is knowledgeable: Is there any risk or probability of increased wear on the receiver due to how the relief cuts are made on the carrier? The most visible alteration to me, beyond the extra gas vent on the side, are the lower bearings not traversing the entire length that they typically do. They essentially look like stubs. That is really my only concern with this.

Biggy
06-19-19, 14:51
I think if this was an issue, we would have seen signs of it and been informed of it by their users a long time ago.

markm
06-19-19, 14:53
I've never heard of any configuration causing upper receiver wear.... not even those 40 grit LMT carriers from a while back.

nightchief
06-19-19, 14:56
I have 2 of these carriers running with 11.5" barrels. Both have several thousand rounds on them, much of it suppressed. I've seen no signs of excessive wear in the upper receiver.

Pappabear
06-19-19, 17:38
These fabulous BCG’s should decrease wear due to softening recoil impulse. And those relief cuts should make cycling less damaging. IMHO, there is nothing but improvements with this design. People can argue their value, but not the design. It’s brilliant.

PB

markm
06-19-19, 17:57
Yep. Pappabear is running several. We've never seen any problems.