PDA

View Full Version : Feedack on DTI (Del-ton) lowers

chp5
11-11-08, 15:50
Any feedback on DTI (Del-ton) lowers?

Thx.

my65swede@yahoo.com
11-11-08, 16:37
I don't know but my gunsmith worked pretty hard on me to buy one. He said it's one of only a few low cost lowers that's in spec. He said it is just a DPMS lower with the DelTon logo. They make all the lowers for DPMS. I would like to know too. I haven't taken delivery yet thanks to the large buying explosion. My lower was ordered on October 24th and still isn't here!

You may not get any feedback at least not positive on these simply because it's not a tier-1 name brand. I've noticed a trend on this site...it seems if it's a good buy it's crap. Step into this forum with a DTI rave and it's kind of like stepping into a Rolex convention with a Sako and saying "but it works good and I saved a lot". Even if some build rifles with them they probably won't admit it. Don't get me wrong I believe that excellent quality does almost always come at a price. I just don't see anything wrong with using a good product at a good price.

Hound_va
11-11-08, 18:00
Personally, I'd be looking for a gunsmith with either more knowledge or integrity. He really believes that DPMS machines lowers for Del-Ton, or vice versa, from the foundry?

my65swede@yahoo.com
11-11-08, 18:33
...according to him, DPMS makes the lowers for Del-ton inc. That is just what he said. I have no proof one way or the other. He has a boat load of DPMS lowers sitting on the shelf-his comment was that if I didn't need a fancy name brand go with the Del-ton. He also mentioned that it was better than the 4 Oly Arms receivers sitting there offered at a slightly higher price. I don't know what was his reason for his firm belief in DTI ...[maybe he owns stock] My point is why didn't he try hard t get me to buy the DPMS, or the Oly?

Question: if he's misinformed, does that make Del-ton lowers bad? If so why...that is what the thread is really about.
Also funny...I did a search and found that he's not the only one under that impression about DPMS and Del-ton. (
If I recall correctly, I think that DPMS owns Del-ton. I think Del-ton might use DPMS parts. I could be wrong.

...is anyone aware that for a time OLY made lowers for Bushmaster...will the real crappy brand please stand up.:D

my65swede@yahoo.com
11-11-08, 23:14
I emailed DPMS and Del-ton Inc. and await a reply.

my65swede@yahoo.com
11-12-08, 10:11
We provide them with some product. If there are any further concerns please feel free to contact me.

Respectfully,

Dillon Jennings
DPMS Sales

www.dpmsinc.com

(800) 578-3767

(320) 258-4449 Fax

XDkid
11-12-08, 16:14
the lower receiver is probably the least important part of the rifle. If it is within spec isnt that all that matters?

I know its cool/trendy to have LMT, Noveske, etc, rollmarks.... but does it really matter?

Hound_va
11-12-08, 20:05
Neither DPMS nor DelTon manufacture lowers. DPMS appear to come from LAR and Del Ton may very well also. A whole heard of other rollmarks are also manufactured by LAR. Pretty tough to find too many lowers that fall outside of specs with the exception of the occasional problem run that is put out by nearly all manufacturers. Lots of low cost in spec lowers available with different rollmarks. Stag, RRA, Spikes, Mega, High Standard, etc;.

my65swede@yahoo.com
11-13-08, 02:34
I agree. I'm not a pro and I'm not rich, but I had the same general feeling. I was told that of the few really bad lowers there are out there the main problem is out of spec pin holes. They are usually too small and require drilling. Some others have crappy threads.

I also heard that older Oly receivers had a lot worse problems and got them a really bad reputation. Even though they've fixed their problems and now build a pretty good reciever some folks still won't touch them.

I can't say how good Del-ton is but I guess I'm gonna find out-'cause I bought it.
I put the money into the guts, the upper and the barrel and even then I didn't go nuts.

I hope to be able to post pictures soon. I've been told the rest of the parts could show up this week. :)

bgoode
11-13-08, 06:26
Del-Ton has there Lowers made for them. I think there by another CNC company and not related to DPMS at all. From the Delton lowers I have seen there less defined and the features are more "soft" than say a crisp lined LMT. Nothing to do with function so really its personal preferance.

my65swede@yahoo.com
11-14-08, 12:36
Thanks,
That's called feedback.

BAC
11-14-08, 13:30
Email I got:

Brian,
Our parts come from major suppliers. Our uppers, bolt and carriers and other main
parts are made by the same people that make for FN. Our barrels are made by both
Wilson Arms and Mossberg. Please let us know if there's anything else we can
answer!
Thanks,
Kassnadra

Over the phone, she also stated that their lowers were made by "the same people that make them for FN". Sounds like CMT?

-B

bgoode
11-14-08, 13:40
Email I got:

Over the phone, she also stated that their lowers were made by "the same people that make them for FN". Sounds like CMT?

-B
There is an FN factory in Columbia SC. Makes since why they would get them from there since its a neighboring state.

my65swede@yahoo.com
11-14-08, 14:44
If it campaires to mil-spec that's all I need. All I care about is that the pins are tight and that the mag's fit and release well(that's a big deal). I'm not hearing anything to worry about and that's good. My gunsmith must have place a very large order because the upper(DPMS) and the delton lower still haven't arrived. 21 days and counting...:(

my65swede@yahoo.com
11-20-08, 03:17
Well I guess I won't be leaving any feedback on DTI lowers. My Gunsmith got tired of waiting(me too)-almost a month now. He called me up today and asked me if I would like to substitute an Anvil Arms lower instead and I said yes. My rifle is supposed to be done by this weekend. I've heard background checks are taking as much as 10 hours even if there are no hick-ups so I might be able to post pictures of my little hybrid early next week and a range report the following Friday!:D