PDA

View Full Version : Reparations

gaijin
06-20-19, 06:36
Anyone else dumbfounded, incensed, if not enraged by the legitimate suggestion of this crap?

dwhitehorne
06-20-19, 06:49
Dems are terrified at loosing some of the black vote to Trump. A percentage point or two would be devastating. So Dems are trying anything they can. David

ralph
06-20-19, 07:06
Dems are terrified at loosing some of the black vote to Trump. A percentage point or two would be devastating. So Dems are trying anything they can. David

That pretty much sums it up..The harder to the left the dems go (passing Karl Marx on the way) the more people begin to walk away, Black people are waking up to the fact that they've been used like a tube of toothpaste for the last 50 years or so by the dems, and are about to be dropped in the trash, in favor of illegals from central and south america.. Damage control for votes is all it is, the dems know it'll never get passed, but it makes for a great soundbite, when trolling for votes..

mack7.62
06-20-19, 08:03
Burgess drops a truth bomb.

Burgess Owens on Reparations: ‘Every Bad Thing That’s Happened to My Race Over the Years’ Goes ‘Right Back to the Democratic Party’

https://www.breitbart.com/radio/2019/06/19/exclusive-burgess-owens-on-reparations-every-bad-thing-thats-happened-to-my-race-over-the-years-goes-right-back-to-the-democratic-party/

Firefly
06-20-19, 08:32
They can all burn in darkest hell

Arik
06-20-19, 08:49
So does this count all white people or just the ones with deep roots in the US? Cause my roots go back to 1978!

Firefly
06-20-19, 08:57
So does this count all white people or just the ones with deep roots in the US? Cause my roots go back to 1978!

My people been here since the end of the ice age. Since before Christ. I owe no one anything and they are all free to board the Steamers to Eboland if they are that goddamned black.

Nobody owes anybody and I swear to Holy Heavenly Christ if people don’t shut up about it then I am just gonna psych out.

Shit happens. You hear me? SHIT HAPPENS!

Citizenship and the vote is enough. More than enough.

Under slavery people had homes, job security, food, clothes, and a place to go everyday.

Should have run faster or fought harder.

Know who doesn’t bitch? Them pygmies. I have yet to hear a pygmie piss and moan about injustice.

Arik
06-20-19, 09:04
My people been here since the end of the ice age. Since before Christ. I owe no one anything and they are all free to board the Steamers to Eboland if they are that goddamned black.

Nobody owes anybody and I swear to Holy Heavenly Christ if people don’t shut up about it then I am just gonna psych out.

Under slavery people had homes, job security, food, clothes, and a place to go everyday.

Know who doesn’t bitch? Them pygmies. I have yet to hear a pygmie piss and moan about injustice.Kinda my point.

SomeOtherGuy
06-20-19, 09:19
Fun time is when ALL the people who have some oppressed ancestors get into the reparations game. Try to make a list of what people have no possible claim for oppression of their ancestors. I was going to say current British royalty but I could come up with some arguments for even them.

GH41
06-20-19, 09:39
One problem is too many people vote for whoever promises them the most and NOT what's best for the country. Key word being promises! Just like the kids with college loan debt will vote for a Dem.

Circle_10
06-20-19, 09:40
My thoughts on reparations: Haha. No.

flenna
06-20-19, 09:41
One problem is too many people vote for whoever promises them the most and NOT what's best for the country. Key word being promises! Just like the kids with college loan debt will vote for a Dem.

As my father in law used to say: it’s hard to run against Santa Claus.

sundance435
06-20-19, 09:51
My people came over in the 1840's and 50's and fought for the Blue, so I expect some consideration of those facts when reparations happen. One multiple-greats uncle lost a limb, but I'm fine with using worker's comp schedules for that portion.

Doc Safari
06-20-19, 09:51

Did you seriously just defend slavery? :jester:

This reparations thing is just one more liberal feel-good pile of horseshit designed to get votes from the Free Shit Army.

Nothing more.

Doc Safari
06-20-19, 10:07
Fun time is when ALL the people who have some oppressed ancestors get into the reparations game. Try to make a list of what people have no possible claim for oppression of their ancestors. I was going to say current British royalty but I could come up with some arguments for even them.

Some of my ancestors were Irish, and had to be indentured servants alongside their African brothers and sisters. Do I get reparations? Oh, that's right, I'm not a black Democrat so I'm SOL.

Alex V
06-20-19, 10:17
I'm still waiting for reparations from the Egyptians... it's been a while...

TomMcC
06-20-19, 10:19
Here's a man that seems to have a good grasp of history....the Dems are guilty and have been guilty for a long time.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2019/06/19/watch-nfl-legend-burgess-owens-says-democrats-should-pay-reparations/

mack7.62
06-20-19, 10:23

This reparations thing is just one more liberal feel-good pile of horseshit designed to get votes from the Free Shit Army.

Nothing more.

First off slavery, no matter what the color of your skin is evil, I do not condone it in any way. But a few points to ponder, the descents are living much better lives because their ancestors were brought here as slaves. And two while eugenics is also evil, the fact that slaves were bred to be strong is likely a contributing factor to why so many top professional athletes today are black. So whom owes whom. :cool:

Doc Safari
06-20-19, 10:24
I see this thread getting locked in less than 10 posts. :help:

AKDoug
06-20-19, 10:30

Nothing more. Fly gets a free pass on minority comments since he is a swarthy brown person.(allegedly) It is what it is.. I'm glad he does because we agree more than we disagree. Just like the link above of the ex-NFL player telling congress how it is.

I see this thread getting locked in less than 10 posts. :help: Yeah, this one isn't going far.

sundance435
06-20-19, 10:35
I see this thread getting locked in less than 10 posts. :help:

You would be the authority on that.

Doc Safari
06-20-19, 10:37
You would be the authority on that.

Not my fault if some people are just too immature to leave shit alone.

mack7.62
06-20-19, 10:38
Hey what fun is it being PC.

Doc Safari
06-20-19, 10:40
The Dems want reparations for gays, too, from what I hear. Not sure of the details but that was on the news yesterday.

TexHill
06-20-19, 10:43

Know who doesn’t bitch? Them pygmies. I have yet to hear a pygmie piss and moan about injustice.

Dude, you owe me a new keyboard! That is epic signature material right there!

titsonritz
06-20-19, 10:51

So they'll continue to lie to them in hopes they will continue to be stupid and believe them.

Doc Safari
06-20-19, 11:12
Steve Harvey has to go full racist:

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/06/20/steve-harvey-attacks-hillbilly-mitch-mcconnell-for-rejecting-reparations/

Daytime TV star and radio host Steve Harvey ripped Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R- KY) over his dismissal of reparations Wednesday, calling him a “hillbilly.”
On Wednesday’s The Steve Harvey Morning Show, Harvey responded to McConnell’s dismissal of issuing reparations, calling him a “hillbilly” and asserting that America’s election of a black president meant nothing.

“The Civil War broke out because you wanted to keep slavery,” Harvey argued. “Because you 13 southern states wanted to keep slavery.”

It is unclear who Harvey is referring to there, as McConnell’s state – Kentucky – did not join the Confederacy.

“You weren’t with this message that came from the North to free slaves,” Harvey said. “The second thing, we tried to correct its passage with Civil Rights laws. Y’all fought us on every tooth and nail, you sent guard dogs on us, firehouses, you killed Martin Luther King.”

“‘We’ ain’t elect no-damn-body. I promise you, your ass did not vote for him,” Harvey said in response to McConnell’s reminder that America elected a black president – Barack Obama – twice.

“You did nothing but try to destroy him,” he continued. “So, what would you expect this hillbilly to say other than what he said?”

“You say that you don’t want to be responsible for something that happened I think he said 150 years ago,” Harvey added. “Well, you weren’t there when they wrote this Constitution that you love to throw up in everybody’s face.”

On Tuesday, McConnell told reporters on Capitol Hill that paying reparations for “something that happened 150 years ago for whom none of us currently living are responsible” is a bad idea.

My take: Sad. I had a lot of respect for Steve Harvey. My mom loves to watch him on Family Feud. I thought the guy came across as intelligent and not prone to stooping to name-calling. And I say that based on my opinion that "hillbilly" is a racist term. I have known many people in my life offended by the word.

Arik
06-20-19, 11:40
Steve Harvey has to go full racist:

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/06/20/steve-harvey-attacks-hillbilly-mitch-mcconnell-for-rejecting-reparations/

I thought the guy came across as intelligent.

Seriously?

"We ain't elect no damn body!"

"........ this Constitution that you love to throw up in everybody’s face"

Doc Safari
06-20-19, 11:42
Seriously?

"We ain't elect no damn body!"

He's a pretty funny guy. I've watched him on Family Feud when I'm at my mom's house. I thought the guy might be a decent dude with a few more brain cells than, say, oh, pick your average libtard entertainer.

just a scout
06-20-19, 11:44
The 14th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States

Section 1.
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Section 2.
Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.

Section 3.
No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may, by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Section 4.
The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

Section 5.
The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

Read Section 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Arik
06-20-19, 11:45
He's a pretty funny guy. I've watched him on Family Feud when I'm at my mom's house. I thought the guy might be a decent dude with a few more brain cells than, say, oh, pick your average libtard entertainer.

Being funny on a show and having brain cells or not being a libtard are not mutually exclusive

Doc Safari
06-20-19, 11:46
Being funny on a show and having brain cells or not being a libtard are not mutually exclusive

My faith in humanity is crushed....CRUSHED, I tell you. :jester:

Arik
06-20-19, 12:00
My faith in humanity is crushed....CRUSHED, I tell you. :jester:At least you had some! [emoji2957]

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-20-19, 12:56
Reparations, or how to tell the white working class that they REALLY don’t have a place in the dem party.

How many states does this hurt Dems in, and how does Biden navigate this one?

AndyLate
06-20-19, 16:16
I want to see the plan to administer it.

Will payments be based on evidence of ancestral slavery and percentage of blood from those ancestor(s)? A significant number of folks of African descent came to the US, voluntarily, as free men and women. Most Americans, including African Americans, have a mixed ancestry covering a number of different countries and continents.

Will reparations be paid to white citizens who can prove indentured slavery in their ancestors?

Native Americans were enslaved after slavery was abolished, how do we calculate payments for them?

Will we remove all hiring quotas and college admissions based on race after we "wipe the slate clean" with reparations?

Andy

Whiskey_Bravo
06-20-19, 16:26

Will payments be based on evidence of ancestral slavery and percentage of blood from those ancestor(s)? A significant number of folks of African descent came to the US, voluntarily, as free men and women. Most Americans, including African Americans, have a mixed ancestry covering a number of different countries and continents.

Will reparations be paid to white citizens who can prove indentured slavery in their ancestors?

Native Americans were enslaved after slavery was abolished, how do we calculate payments for them?

Will we remove all hiring quotas and college admissions based on race after we "wipe the slate clean" with reparations?

Andy

Will people with Irish decent get some payments also?

TomMcC
06-20-19, 16:27
600,000+ dead Americans is payment enough.

jpmuscle
06-20-19, 16:30

Andy

Proof of Democratic Party registration most likely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whiskey_Bravo
06-20-19, 16:36
600,000+ dead Americans is payment enough.

This. But that is not enough to buy votes in 2020 and the Dems know it, but they might get some votes if they can con some people into thinking they are going to get a check for just be a certain color and alive.

AndyLate
06-20-19, 16:36
Proof of Democratic Party registration most likely

Truth...

gunrunner505
06-20-19, 16:56
When I was in high school this type of subject came up in social studies about how the white community “owes” the black community something. Fill in the blank what something was, it was the moon basically. I was never a slave owner and none of the black community have ever been slaves. I don’t owe anyone a god damn thing. And when I asked what the black community owes me because my family fought for the union in the civil war and 2 of them were killed at Gettysburg there was all of a sudden something else to discuss.

I rest my case.

26 Inf
06-20-19, 17:00
Aboriginal Americans have a more legitimate case for repatriations as far as I'm concerned.

We need to do something to get rid of the reservation system, and by extension the Bureau of Indian Affairs.

JMO

TomMcC
06-20-19, 17:33
This. But that is not enough to buy votes in 2020 and the Dems know it, but they might get some votes if they can con some people into thinking they are going to get a check for just be a certain color and alive.

The Dems are a bunch of grifters running a "you'll feel better with the white man's money in your pocket" scam. Of course our latino and Asian brethren get to help the black man to feel good too. There's never ever going to be enough pay back...ever. it's just part of the larger commie redistribution of wealth scam thought up by Karl.

ABNAK
06-20-19, 18:47
When I was in high school this type of subject came up in social studies about how the white community “owes” the black community something. Fill in the blank what something was, it was the moon basically. I was never a slave owner and none of the black community have ever been slaves. I don’t owe anyone a god damn thing. And when I asked what the black community owes me because my family fought for the union in the civil war and 2 of them were killed at Gettysburg there was all of a sudden something else to discuss.

I rest my case.

You saved me a lot of typing. Spot on dude! Well said.

SteyrAUG
06-21-19, 01:26
So I was born to a christian family. Long ago the Romans fed christians to lions for entertainment.

As a result I should be able to walk into any real Italian pizzeria and at least get a free pizza.

Again, we weren't just slaves...they fed my people to lions for fun.

FREE PIZZA NOW! Some lasagna would also be nice.

Honu
06-21-19, 02:18
when its spelled out how many black folks owned slaves and they will also have to pay !
and of course prove your family were owners and see how far it goes

and hey make it world wide so we get back ours from the egyptians as mentioned already

and since we were a drop in the bucket compared to central and south america we can start with them paying first

Doc Safari
06-21-19, 08:40
So I was born to a christian family. Long ago the Romans fed christians to lions for entertainment.

As a result I should be able to walk into any real Italian pizzeria and at least get a free pizza.

Again, we weren't just slaves...they fed my people to lions for fun.

FREE PIZZA NOW! Some lasagna would also be nice.

I'm in. Now if you can just come up with how a major beer supplier/maker has persecuted Christians we'll be all set. :jester:

TomMcC
06-21-19, 09:43
when its spelled out how many black folks owned slaves and they will also have to pay !
and of course prove your family were owners and see how far it goes

and hey make it world wide so we get back ours from the egyptians as mentioned already

and since we were a drop in the bucket compared to central and south america we can start with them paying first

Everyone owes somebody something for what they did or their long lost ancestors did or didn't do...in the end we all owe God.

Nightvisionary
06-21-19, 10:01
May as well just mentally prepare yourselves to pay up. 20-25 years ago when the idea of gay marriage, legalized marijuana, or any other liberal agenda action item was introduced we were all certain those things would never come to fruition. The other side takes action and moves the ball forward while your side never takes to the field. At some point you have to own it and just take your licks.

Nightvisionary
06-21-19, 10:05
Aboriginal Americans have a more legitimate case for repatriations as far as I'm concerned.

We need to do something to get rid of the reservation system, and by extension the Bureau of Indian Affairs.

JMO

As long as this nation remains in it's current form the reservation system will continue in perpetuity.

TomMcC
06-21-19, 10:09
May as well just mentally prepare yourselves to pay up. 20-25 years ago when the idea of gay marriage, legalized marijuana, or any other liberal agenda action item was introduced we were all certain those things would never come to fruition. The other side takes action and moves the ball forward while your side never takes to the field. At some point you have to own it and just take your licks.

I think there's a shot at stymieing this one. I would think a huge new bureaucracy would be needed, with a huge new data base. Also, even RINOs might balk at the massive increase of funding for all this and the bribes, I mean payments necessary to black folk.

THCDDM4
06-21-19, 10:11
I have a plan. Give them the reparations. And the trade off is anyone who accepts the $ has to go back to Afirca and never set foot in the USA again.

Anyone who seriously wants reparations is a drain on society, an idiot and I’d be happy to pay them to leave and never come back.

And that includes anyone for that matter- if you’re of Irish decent and want reparations, take the money back to the Emerald Isle and never come back, same goes for anyone else.

I’m serious.

TomMcC
06-21-19, 10:15
I have a plan. Give them the reparations. And the trade off is anyone who accepts the $ has to go back to Afirca and never set foot in the USA again.

Anyone who seriously wants reparations is a drain on society, an idiot and I’d be happy to pay them to leave and never come back.

And that includes anyone for that matter- if you’re of Irish decent and want reparations, take the money back to the Emerald Isle and never come back, same goes for anyone else.

I’m serious.

Not too sure the Dems would give them up or that Africa would want them.

Nightvisionary
06-21-19, 10:29
I think there's a shot at stymieing this one. I would think a huge new bureaucracy would be needed, with a huge new data base. Also, even RINOs might balk at the massive increase of funding for all this and the bribes, I mean payments necessary to black folk.

Maybe you are right. There surely cannot be enough members of congress that would agree to an increase in the size of government bureaucracy, government data collection, and increased government spending. That is so far outside the scope of possibility as to be impossible.;)

You illustrate my point perfectly. Your side is content to enjoy the warm bath certain the water will never boil while the other side has both it's hands on the gas knob and gorges itself on frog legs.

TomMcC
06-21-19, 10:49
Maybe you are right. There surely cannot be enough members of congress that would agree to an increase in the size of government bureaucracy, government data collection, and increased government spending. That is so far outside the scope of possibility as to be impossible.;)

You illustrate my point perfectly. Your side is content to enjoy the warm bath certain the water will never boil while the other side has both it's hands on the gas knob and gorges itself on frog legs.

I don't think any new independent bureaucracies have been set up in some decades, could be wrong though, maybe DHS? Didn't say it was impossible, but it's also not inevitable.

My side is small and at this point inconsequential, but doesn't really fit into any operating political party today...it's much more radical in it's principles than even other Christians are willing to sign onto.

Doc Safari
06-21-19, 10:50
My side is small and at this point inconsequential, but doesn't really fit into any operating political party today...it's much more radical in it's principles than even other Christians are willing to sign onto.

Yeah, dude. In ten years we may be starting a thread called "Persecutions?"

ralph
06-21-19, 10:58
Not too sure the Dems would give them up or that Africa would want them.

No, the dems would'nt give them up, nor would Africa want them..Another idea woukd be to track down the ancestors of the people who orginially sold them into slavery, in Africa, and make THEM pay... Or how about anyone who takes reparations, agrees that the slate is now wiped clean, so no more affirmtive action, welfare, gov't housing, health care, nothing.... you're special status is now gone, you're equal to everybody else, no special consideration will be given for anything due to your skin color. How could the dems say no to making people equal?? That's what they want, is'nt??

glocktogo
06-21-19, 11:08
It's not a winning strategy. The ones who want a "reparations" handout are fully dug into the Democrat Plantation and would never vote for Trump. The ones who want a decent job for a decent wage and recognize what Trump has done for jobs in America don't want a handout. IOW, it's not going to impact the numbers appreciably, but it does further illustrate how stuck in the past Dems are.

TomMcC
06-21-19, 11:25
Yeah, dude. In ten years we may be starting a thread called "Persecutions?"

Might be trying to hide and talking to each other in some code.

TomMcC
06-21-19, 11:27
No, the dems would'nt give them up, nor would Africa want them..Another idea woukd be to track down the ancestors of the people who orginially sold them into slavery, in Africa, and make THEM pay... Or how about anyone who takes reparations, agrees that the slate is now wiped clean, so no more affirmtive action, welfare, gov't housing, health care, nothing.... you're special status is now gone, you're equal to everybody else, no special consideration will be given for anything due to your skin color. How could the dems say no to making people equal?? That's what they want, is'nt??

Getting those that are on, off the Gov't teat would actually be a kindness to them.

Doc Safari
06-21-19, 11:31
Might be trying to hide and talking to each other in some code.

I could tell you things I'm already doing but I'd rather not say publicly. Suffice it to say I'm already "woke" on what's coming for Christians in this country.

SomeOtherGuy
06-21-19, 11:32
It's not a winning strategy. The ones who want a "reparations" handout are fully dug into the Democrat Plantation and would never vote for Trump.

Maybe true, but the Dems need voter TURNOUT more than they need more in-theory supporters. Hillary failed to get black turnout and that contributed to her loss.

The diehard never-Trumpers are predominantly white, loyal to "D", and likely to vote regardless of what POS candidate they come up with. The D's need to find someone who will motivate their indifferent base to actually show up and vote.

SomeOtherGuy
06-21-19, 11:38
I don't think any new independent bureaucracies have been set up in some decades, could be wrong though, maybe DHS? Didn't say it was impossible, but it's also not inevitable.

DHS and TSA... were you joking?

I'm still waiting for the RINO's and their arch-enemy but nominal leader Orange Man to do 10% of what they respectively promised in 2016. It's pathetic. Our only protection is that the current D's are remarkably incompetent and cartoonishly stupid (AOC, Biden, recent Bernie...). Bill Clinton as of 1993 would have wiped the floor with this crowd 10 times over. We are lucky that Newt Gingrich was a decent adversary for him back then. Trump shows occasional flashes of brilliance but is far too erratic. He either lacks principles (not a shocking idea) or is randomly changing his mind. And while back in 2016 he seemed more in-touch than anyone else, today he seems to be insulated from reality now to the same extent as Reagan and GHWB were at the end of their terms. Given what has been publicly revealed about outright disobedience of his orders, I don't even know if Trump is truly in charge, or only gets his way on a few good days and only if the puppetmasters are temporarily distracted.

Nightvisionary
06-21-19, 11:43

When they do implement reparation payments they won't need a new federal department to implement the program. The Department of Health and Human Services already has 80,000 employees, the largest budget of any federal department surpassing the combined budgets of Defense, DHS, Education, Transportation, Energy, and State. A $50,000 lump sum payment to every black person listed in the last US census would equate to 201 billion or a 20% limited time DHHS budget increase to implement the program and distribute funds(+ 20B or 10% for administration/implementation). The reparation program will be completely separate and untied to any current welfare program since eligibility for those programs is not based on race but income. The reparation law will have language stating that the reparation payment is not considered income but is rather compensation for past injuries suffered just like VA disability payments. Thus "Double dippers" will be numerous. Im warning you now. Get those checkbooks ready. The sooner you get past denial the quicker you can move forward through the following stages of grief.

TomMcC
06-21-19, 12:20
DHS and TSA... were you joking?

I'm still waiting for the RINO's and their arch-enemy but nominal leader Orange Man to do 10% of what they respectively promised in 2016. It's pathetic. Our only protection is that the current D's are remarkably incompetent and cartoonishly stupid (AOC, Biden, recent Bernie...). Bill Clinton as of 1993 would have wiped the floor with this crowd 10 times over. We are lucky that Newt Gingrich was a decent adversary for him back then. Trump shows occasional flashes of brilliance but is far too erratic. He either lacks principles (not a shocking idea) or is randomly changing his mind. And while back in 2016 he seemed more in-touch than anyone else, today he seems to be insulated from reality now to the same extent as Reagan and GHWB were at the end of their terms. Given what has been publicly revealed about outright disobedience of his orders, I don't even know if Trump is truly in charge, or only gets his way on a few good days and only if the puppetmasters are temporarily distracted.

There seem to be a more cohesive unity after 9/11 to get these depts. I'm hoping that our disunity over reparations will make things much more difficult.

TomMcC
06-21-19, 12:23
When they do implement reparation payments they won't need a new federal department to implement the program. The Department of Health and Human Services already has 80,000 employees, the largest budget of any federal department surpassing the combined budgets of Defense, DHS, Education, Transportation, Energy, and State. A $50,000 lump sum payment to every black person listed in the last US census would equate to 201 billion or a 20% limited time DHHS budget increase to implement the program and distribute funds(+ 20B or 10% for administration/implementation). The reparation program will be completely separate and untied to any current welfare program since eligibility for those programs is not based on race but income. The reparation law will have language stating that the reparation payment is not considered income but is rather compensation for past injuries suffered just like VA disability payments. Thus "Double dippers" will be numerous. Im warning you now. Get those checkbooks ready. The sooner you get past denial the quicker you can move forward through the following stages of grief.

Well if I'm going to grieve...a one time payment seems like a best case . The dems could milk this issue for decades with yearly payments and a huge increase in personel to administer it. Cant let it go to waste.

Doc Safari
06-21-19, 12:38
There seem to be a more cohesive unity after 9/11 to get these depts. I'm hoping that our disunity over reparations will make things much more difficult.

I don't see that happening. The trend is for more and more micromanagement of our daily lives, not less. I don't know that anything short of our government collapsing like the Soviet government can stop it now.

gunrunner505
06-21-19, 13:37
The one place where the dems kick every ones ass is they, mostly, buy and sell each others bullshit without question.

The republicans are cursed with a functioning frontal lobe, mostly, and tend to question when something really smells.

Someone in charge or the RNC needs to get the leadership in a room and get them in step. Smartly.

And since all affirmative action type laws are rooted in racism, shouldn’t they be repealed since they’re, you know, racist?

TomMcC
06-21-19, 13:59
The one place where the dems kick every ones ass is they, mostly, buy and sell each others bullshit without question.

The republicans are cursed with a functioning frontal lobe, mostly, and tend to question when something really smells.

Someone in charge or the RNC needs to get the leadership in a room and get them in step. Smartly.

And since all affirmative action type laws are rooted in racism, shouldn’t they be repealed since they’re, you know, racist?

But it's the good kind of racism. The Republicans believe in the bad kind.

SomeOtherGuy
06-21-19, 14:55
But it's the good kind of racism. The Republicans believe in the bad kind.

Sometimes I think people are waking up to this idiocy. Other times...

https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/wake_up_sheeple.png

gunrunner505
06-22-19, 15:57
The white man owes you this money, for something that never happened to you. And if you just vote for me, the old, creepy, rich white dude, I’ll go get it for you.

It’s like talking about income inequality from the cabin of a private jet.

Somehow, I’m just not buying it....