PDA

View Full Version : HK redirect - priceless!

Adrenaline_6
06-20-19, 07:48
www.yeetkanone.com

LOL!

HK social media girl is back also!

https://www.guns.com/news/2019/06/19/hi-points-name-the-nine-contest-takes-curious-turn-as-hk-weighs-in

fledge
06-20-19, 08:06
Unifying the gun community in ways that make the NRA jealous.

Outlander Systems
06-20-19, 08:24
If Hi-Point releases the Yeet-Cannon I'm 100% all-in for at least two.

https://news.guns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Hi-Point-Yeet-Cannon-name-the-Nine-contest-2.jpg

hotrodder636
06-20-19, 08:35
I get that “yeet cannon” was suggested by the people but I still am not sure WTF a yeet cannon is.

That aside, HK continues to kill it on social media. If YC-9 is picked, I would love to see the YC-45 pictures.

06-20-19, 08:39
I just went to Hi-Point’s website, and that name is not on the list of names to vote on. Disappointing.

Firefly
06-20-19, 08:39
It still needs to be called The Probable Cause

Outlander Systems
06-20-19, 08:47
Hi-Point announced that the final vote will be between Yeet Cannon 9 and whatever wins from the options on the website.

I just went to Hi-Point’s website, and that name is not on the list of names to vote on. Disappointing.

Outlander Systems
06-20-19, 08:51
https://www.change.org/p/gun-owners-name-the-new-hi-point-pistol-the-yeet-cannon-9?source_location=petitions_browse

Coal Dragger
06-20-19, 09:16
I am far more interested in purchasing an HK Mk23 Yeet Kanone. If they offer one so marked, I will buy it if possible.

sundance435
06-20-19, 09:36
It still needs to be called The Probable Cause

Nice. Or, "The Straw Purchase", or just "Baby Beluga" based on looks.

chadbag
06-20-19, 10:15
Sorry for being an old fogey and not "woke"

but what is a "Yeet Cannon" -- what does it mean or where does it come from? (The name, not the Hi Point)

mack7.62
06-20-19, 10:28
Had to look it up myself.

urbandictionary:

Yeet - To discard an item at a high velocity

Alex finishes his soda and proceeds to yeet his empty can into a trash bin

Alex (while throwing the can): “YEET!”

or for Hi-Point

Alex proceeds to yeet 9 mm bullets at his target

Alex (while shooting "towards" target): “YEET!”

B Cart
06-20-19, 11:05
If you are on Facebook and want some incredible entertainment, look up the Facebook Group called 'Americans For The Yeet Cannon International Political Party'. It's all about the Yeet Cannon movement and the content is pure gold!

WickedWillis
06-20-19, 11:16
I think it's funny how much the firearms community has rallied around this

fledge
06-20-19, 11:49

Even Aero is trying to cash in on the action.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190620/07ed178f39788bbdd069b9767f4917b0.jpg

https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/yeet

Circle_10
06-20-19, 11:54
I just got an email from PSA saying they have "Yeet Cannon" lowers in stock now too.
This "yeet" thing has already gotten old in my opinion.

chuckman
06-20-19, 12:02

It's funny what gun owners will rally around. Bump stocks? Nah, I'm good, bruh.... Binary triggers? Good here, fam.... Yeet cannons? That'll go up there with the Charlton Heston pry-from-my-cold-dead-fingers monologue.

Diamondback
06-20-19, 12:44
And KNS has yeet-cannon anti-walk pins... these look much bigger and beefier than any of their previous offerings.

If I had more dollars than sense I'd take the Aero lower, KNS pins and any other YC-marked parts I could find, and basically have the damn thing "wallpapered" with that phrase--however I don't see a practical purpose in doing so, my next three maybe four builds are already committed and Seattle is dragging us Full F***ing Retard with things like having to do a lifetime HIPPA waiver to buy any semiauto rifle thanks to the late-but-not-lamented Paul Allen buying another initiative. (Sad how somebody who invested so much in preserving history could learn NOTHING from it, really... if you wanna know what happened here, google Initiative 1639, then if you feel like supporting us consider chipping in a few bucks toward SAF and Sporting Systems's lawsuit in Federal court. Since Aero's in the party too I'm trying to get them to do a limited run "1639 Special" lower as a fundraiser, too.)

AndyLate
06-20-19, 12:48
It's funny what gun owners will rally around. Bump stocks? Nah, I'm good, bruh.... Binary triggers? Good here, fam.... Yeet cannons? That'll go up there with the Charlton Heston pry-from-my-cold-dead-fingers monologue.

Bump stocks are neckbeard tactical and binary triggers are stupid AF. If I'm going to die on a hill it's not going to be a hill of dogshit.

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-20-19, 12:50
For the first time in my life, some pop culture thing has totally passed me - with out a sense of disdain or lack of understanding- but totally absolute non-interaction. Yeet is like a muon particle that passes through my brain, doesn’t interact- and just leaves.

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-20-19, 12:50
For the first time in my life, some pop culture thing has totally passed me - with out a sense of disdain or lack of understanding- but totally absolute non-interaction. Yeet is like a muon particle that passes through my brain, doesn’t interact- and just leaves.

223to45
06-20-19, 12:56
Since Aero's in the party too I'm trying to get them to do a limited run "1639 Special" lower as a fundraiser, too.)

Let me how that goes, we got ten days left.

I am good, but would buy more for a fundraiser.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

WickedWillis
06-20-19, 12:57

I agree man. I personally hate bumpstocks and binary triggers, but I will never tell someone they cannot have one, and any laws against them are complete bullshit.

jpmuscle
06-20-19, 13:41
Bump stocks are neckbeard tactical and binary triggers are stupid AF. If I'm going to die on a hill it's not going to be a hill of dogshit.

Please, tell us where the freedom hurt you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chuckman
06-20-19, 14:04

But this yeet whatever is no less significant. I think all three are pretty much stupid, but whatevs. When are you ever going to see any two disparate firearm companies doing something like this??

Jellybean
06-20-19, 14:14
Good grief you guys are old.... Frickin' boomers... :rolleyes: :laugh:

Probably have to log in to see it, but here's a sample of the pure gold outrage from HiPoint's Fbook page.
https://m.facebook.com/HiPointFirearms/photos/a.2192298810825079/2192298877491739/?type=3&hc_location=ufi

They really did have a chance to own their shit and have a shot at glory if they'd capitalized on this, but, it seems the people running that place are either to old to get it, or take themselves way to serious to go with a "joke" name for the thing.

We the people have also demanded a shotgun- the Yeet Cannon YC12. Seems like marketing gold for a mag-fed Shockwave-type shotty...
Remington? Here's your shot to dig yourself out of your financial woes... :laugh:

You know what else is stupid? Flash hiders, adjustable stocks, extendo-matic magazines, compensators, supressors, normal-cap magazines, detachable magazines, enhanced precision triggers, tactical flashlights, magnified optics, "sniper" rifles, .50 cal rifles, assault shotguns, assault pistols, any caliber over .22 short (because Magnum and Long Rifle are "high power" cartridges don'cha know), owning more than 1 box of ammo at a time, Not being required to own 2 or 3 different safes that your gun must be dis-assembled between to be stored "properly", keeping a loaded weapon in your nightstand for ready use, carrying your weapon in public, after all who would ever need a gun in our safe and harmonious society?....

Diamondback
06-20-19, 14:21
Let me how that goes, we got ten days left.

I am good, but would buy more for a fundraiser.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just got a note back from Aero, no custom work of any kind for anyone. They make what they feel like and if it's not what you want that's your problem. When Northwest Firearms did our fundraiser lowers there was a run on, so we ended up taking a bath on Andersons for what Aeros go for now, end price was $150 with half of that going to the site operating fund and the FFL partner donating his services and engraving at no cost.

Outlander Systems
06-20-19, 14:27
This dude knows.

Good grief you guys are old.... Frickin' boomers... :rolleyes: :laugh:

AndyLate
06-20-19, 15:39
Please, tell us where the freedom hurt you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just incredibly tired of hearing "but, muh bump stock" every single time any firearm related subject come up in GD.

I get it and I agree that the NRA are a bunch of weak cucks for not fighting President Trump's executive action that any honest court would find an unconstitutional over reach.

But it's really time to let it go.

SteyrAUG
06-20-19, 16:43

And I''m completely fine with it. All I got from it as a minor reignited desire to own a Mk 23.

Pappabear
06-20-19, 20:24
I hate to ask, but can someone narrow this down to the readers digest version of this topic. 20,000 foot view of this craziness. WTF is this all about.

I’m crazy enough to buy a Mk23 at some point. But I don’t follow this thread but I do get “yeet”. After research.

PB

MountainRaven
06-20-19, 20:33
I hate to ask, but can someone narrow this down to the readers digest version of this topic. 20,000 foot view of this craziness. WTF is this all about.

I’m crazy enough to buy a Mk23 at some point. But I don’t follow this thread but I do get “yeet”. After research.

PB

Hi-Point asked the internet what the internet thought Hi-Point should name their new double-stack pistol.

The internet responded in true Boaty McBoatface (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boaty_McBoatface) fashion.

Hi-Point ignored all the top suggestions and put a whole bunch of nonsense tactically dynamic names up for a vote, instead.

I'm not sure why it's focused on Yeet Cannon. Another one, that I remember, was Problem Solver. But anyway, the internet is pissed that they've been ignored.

So Hi-Point will take whatever name wins their current poll and put it head-to-head against Yeet Cannon or YC-9.

AKDoug
06-20-19, 22:12
Just got a note back from Aero, no custom work of any kind for anyone. They make what they feel like and if it's not what you want that's your problem. When Northwest Firearms did our fundraiser lowers there was a run on, so we ended up taking a bath on Andersons for what Aeros go for now, end price was $150 with half of that going to the site operating fund and the FFL partner donating his services and engraving at no cost.

That's bullshit. They make lowers for plenty of people. You just have to order enough.

Diamondback
06-21-19, 00:44
Doug, I'm just reporting what they told me.