PDA

View Full Version : Do You Think Trump Will Win in 2020?

Doc Safari
06-20-19, 11:19
Does he have a second term coming or will the opposition defeat him?

flenna
06-20-19, 11:31
It depends on how many dead people and illegal immigrants the ComDems get to vote along with the number of illicit lawsuits they file to disenfranchise Republican voters.

just a scout
06-20-19, 11:40
^^^^^^^^^^ THIS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kerplode
06-20-19, 11:43
I didn't think he was gonna win in '16, yet here we are...

I honestly don't think he has it in him, though. I also got a feeling that the senate will flip as well. Gardner is definitely going down, and will be replaced by a hard-core leftist.

SomeOtherGuy
06-20-19, 13:59
I think he will win, based on the sub-clownworld slate of Dems proposing to run at this point. But between his actions so far, his current positions, and what I think he will do to ensure a win, it will end up basically the same as if Joe Biden had won.

He talked a great talk in 2016.

I expect a mix of widespread voter apathy and maybe a strong third-party showing.

Hmac
06-20-19, 14:47
Currently, it looks good for Trump (if the economy keeps chugging), and in the end, the strident shrieking of the liberal Clown Show is his best weapon. But, I think the odds are better than even that his ego, his mouth, and his complete inability to restrain his self-indulgence will do him in and turn off enough of the the Great Unwashed in the Midwest flyover country that it will erase the extraordinarily narrow Electoral College margin that got him elected.

sundance435
06-20-19, 14:59
Yes, as of now. However, he's his own worst enemy and there's a long way to go before 11/20. The people that flipped the election last time ain't votin' for anyone on the Dem side (except maybe a few for Uncle Joe, but he won't be the nominee), so it'll be a question of how many of them show up on election day. I'll be surprised if Biden makes it through the year as a Top 3. I think any (D) will have to commit general election seppuku just to win the nomination. Or, if you're Joe Biden, just be on TV talking. They should've held off on changing the super delegate rules until after 2020 if they actually wanted to win.

Doc Safari
06-20-19, 15:00
I'll be surprised if Biden makes it through the year as a Top 3.

I agree with you on this. The hard left will destroy him shortly.

chuckman
06-20-19, 15:14
As of today, yes. People vote with their wallet. If the economy stays strong and unemployment stays low and he can keep from stepping on his own dick, he has a great shot. If the economy goes in the toilet, we're getting some big military nastiness with somebody else, Iran or whomever, then the chances go down significantly.

OH58D
06-20-19, 15:20
The democrat party is their own worst enemy - most Americans are middle of the road politically, and the current line-up of "Progressive" candidates on the left really don't mesh with most of America.

Forget political polls, but look at the viewership of Fox News vs. CNN, MSLSD, etc., or even Conservative TV & Radio. Right of center TV and Radio dominates most markets. This tells you something about the mindset of the American electorate. Pushing nonsense like Reparations, open borders and post birth abortion are non-starters for a lot of Americans. The Millennials may be more left leaning, but they can't force themselves out of their parent's basement and turn off the Xbox to go out and vote. And if they do work, getting time off from McDonalds can be a problem.

Sam
06-20-19, 15:32
The democrat party is their own worst enemy - most Americans are middle of the road politically, and the current line-up of "Progressive" candidates on the left really don't mesh with most of America.

And Trump's worst enemy are his own mouth and his tweets.

Jellybean
06-20-19, 15:36
I think literally anything is possible at this point...
If someone could apply some duct tape liberally to his facial region, the lefties would be/are doing a fine job sinking their own ship.

That being said, there is an extreme level of rabid ideological motivation to take Trump down by the left- I just can't tell if the absurd gaggle of candidates they're stacking up is actually a serious bid to win, or a test-fire just to see how far they can push and see what will fly with the biggest portion of their base, with the full intent of phoning it in this election for a guaranteed win in '24.

And for sure, IF we win this election, it will probably be the last one. 2020 is going to be bonkers, but if Trump wins, '24 is going to be the real shitshow to end all shitshows...

Sry0fcr
06-20-19, 15:37
Too early to tell, I think it depends on who the Dems actually nominate and if anyone mounts a primary challenge. The bigger question is where does the GOP go after Trump? Apparently supporting the 2A and fiscal restraint aren't important to the party anymore so I'm opting out.

Doc Safari
06-20-19, 15:45
Since we're on page two I'll go ahead and say what I think:

1. The Dems will go even more into full retard territory to try to beat him. If their illegal attempts to steal local vote counts can succeed to the tune of hundreds of races, he could very likely lose by the numbers if not by the actual results.

2. As long as his base is secure, he will win. If the economy stays good he wins because ultimately that's the thing people care the most about. I said in 2016 that the size of his rallies told the tale of his election chances, and I turned out to be right. Hillary had half-empty venues; Trump had people camping out hours (days?) early. If he maintains that this time, I say he gets in again (that's just an indicator, not a cause). Look at some of the Dems not being able to even attract more than handfuls of people and tell me a single one has that kind of enthusiasm.

3. A major war usually gets people to stick with the incumbent just because, as my high school history teacher used to say, people don't like to change horses in mid-stream. If that war is going badly and the people want nothing more than the troops home, however, then he's toast.

4. The Dems could find a charismatic candidate that throws all his faults into stark relief and wins the confidence of the American people--but it seems unlikely given the current crop of rubes.

5. I still hold out the possibility that the Deep State has one more trick up its sleeve as far as trying to sabotage him. It's anybody's guess if that would succeed since it fell flat on its ass with Mueller, Page, Stzrok, Brennan, and all the other clowns having egg on their face.

I don't think his Tweets will lose the election for him or they would have done so already. The sudden warmth toward gun control makes me angry and nervous, but the vast majority of the public doesn't care about bump stocks or suppressors anyway, sad to say. We live in a mostly Fudd world, unfortunately.

So, my take: I say he's in again if none of the above sinks his chances.

sundance435
06-20-19, 15:55
Too early to tell, I think it depends on who the Dems actually nominate and if anyone mounts a primary challenge. The bigger question is where does the GOP go after Trump? Apparently supporting the 2A and fiscal restraint aren't important to the party anymore so I'm opting out.

Yeah, that's a real concern. That's really the history of party politics in the U.S., though. Both parties mortgage the farm to get two terms without much concern for the "after". Admittedly, I vote Republican, but I see the current Republican Party as nothing more than an obstruction for the radical left. They're completely bereft of any meaningful ideas themselves and I certainly don't vote for them because of their brilliant fiscal management and ham-fisted, token social policies . I wish someone could bring back the party of Goldwater and make it relevant to the 30% of people who are willing to be persuaded by facts and results.

Biggy
06-20-19, 16:10
IMHO, unless the economy really takes a nose dive, I have absolutely no doubt Trump will win. To most of the people in this world, it's *all* about money. Nobody likes pain, misery, and being broke, with no opportunity or hope.

TMS951
06-20-19, 16:22
Being as that the Dems can’t come up with a good candidate odds are in his favor.

The election is strong and unemployment low. Most people can get behind this.

He really pissed me off with the surpressor thing. But who is better than him on guns? Certainly not the dem candidates.

OH58D
06-20-19, 16:24
And Trump's worst enemy are his own mouth and his tweets.
That's what you get when you elect a Big City real estate developer and former TV personality with no political, or diplomatic experience. This is what the American public wanted. If Trump was a Manhattan 42nd Street Hot Dog vendor with a profanity laced vocabulary, he probably still would have beat Hillary.

You hire a non-politician with no government experience, it's what you get. I agree about his mouth and tweets, but that's what Trump is all about, and he seems to connect with a large portion of the American public. Maybe that tells you that Americans are rude and crude, at least from the European perspective. For many, that is a badge of honor.

prepare
06-20-19, 16:39
I like his mouth and tweets. Its better than evasive political diplomatic BS. Theres no such thing as a political solution. Political and solution are opposites.

SteyrAUG
06-20-19, 16:40
That's what you get when you elect a Big City real estate developer and former TV personality with no political, or diplomatic experience. This is what the American public wanted. If Trump was a Manhattan 42nd Street Hot Dog vendor with a profanity laced vocabulary, he probably still would have beat Hillary.

You hire a non-politician with no government experience, it's what you get. I agree about his mouth and tweets, but that's what Trump is all about, and he seems to connect with a large portion of the American public. Maybe that tells you that Americans are rude and crude, at least from the European perspective. For many, that is a badge of honor.

And I'd still take that over most career politicians and their carefully crafted, non committal, deceit filled statements.

26 Inf
06-20-19, 16:56

But, I think the odds are better than even that his ego, his mouth, and his complete inability to restrain his self-indulgence will do him in and turn off enough of the the Great Unwashed in the Midwest flyover country that it will erase the extraordinarily narrow Electoral College margin that got him elected.

These both echo sentiments I completely agree with.

Most American's are somewhat 'middle-off-the-road' in their beliefs. Trump won because enough folks were scared of Hilary that it swung the electoral college.

I have to admit that if President Trump would have opposed Obama for Obama's second term, I probably would have either stayed home, or voted D (shuddering), that is what I think President Trump. Thank goodness I wasn't faced with that decision.

I think if Joe Biden is the Dem's nominee, he would defeat President Trump - he's a 'middle-off-the-road' guy and probably doesn't scare many folks other than those whose primary focus are 2nd Amendment issues. He certainly doesn't rise to the specter of Hilary as President to the Democratic crossove voters that President Trump won last time.

Our only hope, IMO, is that President Trump decides not to run for a second term VERY SOON. Of course, that isn't going to happen. We are toast.

The Dumb Gun Collector
06-20-19, 17:43
Impossible to say this far out. Trump is a dumbass, but the Democrats are dumbasserer.

HMM
06-20-19, 20:15
He's the lessor of 2 evils... And for that alone I hope he wins.

The Dumb Gun Collector
06-20-19, 20:19
He is definitely the lesser evil, all the way from somewhat less than Biden to holy crap less than Bernie. I am very concerned that his jackass approach mixed with a recession might get us some sort of nightmare President like Elizabeth Warren or Bernie.

daddyusmaximus
06-20-19, 20:47
I think he's gonna win a second term, but only because it's normally very hard to unseat an incumbent. He's starting to lose his base with all the anti-gun talk...

KUSA
06-20-19, 20:51
Trump is the only person that has survived in a politically correct world by being politically incorrect. Who else can do that?

flenna
06-20-19, 20:59
He's the lessor of 2 evils... And for that alone I hope he wins.

And the fact that he constantly keeps the ComDems' panties in a wad. Might as well have fun as the ship goes down.

Grand58742
06-20-19, 21:33
I think if Joe Biden is the Dem's nominee, he would defeat President Trump - he's a 'middle-off-the-road' guy and probably doesn't scare many folks other than those whose primary focus are 2nd Amendment issues. He certainly doesn't rise to the specter of Hilary as President to the Democratic crossove voters that President Trump won last time.

I used to think Biden might be "middle of the road" as well, but he's been courting that fringe left for a bit now. If he goes all out and starts trying to pander to each and every special interest group out there (as Hillary tried), he will be toast.

I'll give Trump the credit for sticking to his message when running. He came out swinging and didn't stop...hasn't stopped actually...since he declared.

VIP3R 237
06-20-19, 21:58
The biggest threat to trumps second term (besides himself) is voter fraud

Phillygunguy
06-20-19, 22:10
I think he'll win a second term , I'm not sure I'm going to show up at the polls this time. Trump doesn't need to go out and get the 2A crowd because he doesn't care about second amendment rights and most gun owners will vote for him because he's playing 5D chess derp

Grand58742
06-20-19, 22:13
More reasons why Trump will win reelection handily:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/19/us/politics/schumer-harriet-tubman-bill.html

Senator Chuck Schumer of New York, the Democratic leader, asked the Treasury Department’s inspector general on Wednesday to open an investigation into delayed design concepts of a new $20 note featuring the image of Harriet Tubman that were set to be unveiled next year.

Because nothing else really needs attention at this time and we really need more investigations. MORE INVESTIGATIONS! ERMAHGERD! MORE! MORE! MORE!

The DNC will continue to try to "trap" Trump at every turn ensuring they nullify their "big gains" in the House in 2020. People are tired of it.

Also...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/oregon-governor-sends-out-state-police-to-find-gop-lawmakers-skipping-out-on-climate-vote

Gov. Kate Brown authorized the state police to round up the 12 Republicans who walked out of the Capitol in protest of the bill and bring them back to the Senate floor for a vote. If passed the measure will make Oregon the second state in the country after California to implement such a program.

Provided that's a state level deal, but the prevailing mentality is evident in most national level Democrats. As a side note, if I was an Oregon State Policeman, I'd tell her where to stick her order in no uncertain terms. The Stasi died out in the 20th century and we don't need a revival here in American thank you very much.

But most importantly, the Democrats will eat each other alive over the next 15 months. You thought the cutthroat behavior from the GOP was bad in 2016? Just wait until the scandals start rocking the DNC candidates when they release each other's dirt.

THCDDM4
06-20-19, 22:15
I believe it is too early to tell. Elections have become more of a "Who do I NOT want to win" thing for me for the most part.

With exception of Trumps going retarded with anti gun bullshit, I like what he has done for the most part. The economy hasn't been this good in a long time and it was needed.

Thus far, there isn't another candidate in this election that I could vote for.

All things considered he deserves a second term. No one on the left is going to anything good for this country, and no one on the right can do anything good for the Republican chances of winning this election cycle.

Given that we may lose both houses of congress, we MUST keep the Executive branch Republican, unless we truly want that Civil War that's being discussed to become more of a reality.

titsonritz
06-21-19, 00:59
The scary part is all the little commies out there these days could slide Bernie in there.

prepare
06-21-19, 04:10
The dems haven't accepted that Trump one the first time...

jpmuscle
06-21-19, 06:05
The scary part is all the little commies out there these days could slide Bernie in there.

This would be a good thing. Let’s stop the masquerade and see the party for what it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prepare
06-21-19, 06:43
At this point there is no hope for anything good or lasting in the political realm. It's too far gone with crime and corruption. Live as best and free as you can as an individual, family, tribe. Screw politics.

The_War_Wagon
06-21-19, 08:28
There is this, though.

Reparations: A cynical vote-buying scheme (http://patriotretort.com/reparations-a-cynical-vote-buying-scheme/)

It isn’t by chance that this push for race-based Reparations is happening in the run up to the 2020 election.

The Democrats know full well that no bill to pay race-based reparations (to people who were never slaves, paid for by people who were never slaveholders) will ever pass through Congress, let alone get to President Trump’s desk.

They also know that race-based Reparations is logistically impossible and most likely unconstitutional.

So why the dog and pony show?

Well, I have some thoughts on that.

First, it’s a ham-handed and cynical vote-buying scheme. That’s pretty much a given.

Democrats want to campaign in 2020 on “Look, black people! We’re the party that wants to hand other people’s money over to you because of the color of your skin! Vote for us!!!”

But I think it’s more than that... http://patriotretort.com/reparations-a-cynical-vote-buying-scheme/

http://patriotretort.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Reparations.jpg

Doc Safari
06-21-19, 08:56
So, Willie Nelson is all in for Beto. I knew I hated that old hippie for some reason. (The guitar-playing old hippie that is).

Meanwhile, it looks like the Biden campaign is headed to Davey Jones' Locker:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06-20/biden-doubles-down-after-reminding-everyone-democrats-owned-slaves

sundance435
06-21-19, 09:47
Most American's are somewhat 'middle-off-the-road' in their beliefs. Trump won because enough folks were scared of Hilary that it swung the electoral college.

Our only hope, IMO, is that President Trump decides not to run for a second term VERY SOON. Of course, that isn't going to happen. We are toast.

1) Trump won (from a purely electoral perspective) for 2 reasons - he had a very solid showing in a demographic that has been reliably, heavily Democrat since Reagan's 2nd term and there are a lot more people that voted for him that said they wouldn't when polled. None of the democrat candidates, with the exception maybe of Biden (although he doesn't really have any policies) are offering any of those people in the blue-collar demographic what they desire - a shot at earning what they want, but Trump, warts and all, is at least giving the appearance of doing just that. So the Dems will lose that demographic again. As for the people who said they wouldn't vote for him and did, it's gonna be the same this time around, so the national polls are worthless. I'm focusing on more of the state-level polls from non-traditional polling firms to get my picture of how it's going.

2) Joe Biden is only now seen as "middle of the road" because of how radicalized the Dem party has become. Among center, left, and far left, he would've been reliably left prior to 2016. The "middle of the road" label is also what will kill him if he makes it to the primaries/caucuses. He might poll well nationally, but his numbers in early states have been dropping steadily and will only continue to do so after he actually has to start appearing on TV and at large events. There is nothing about Uncle Joe that gets reliable Dem primary voters excited and any attempt to do so will be seen as fake. Plus, he is generally accepted as one of the worst campaigners in modern politics. That's a huge liability when you're running against Trump, who has unprecedented success at drawing giant crowds - crowds who don't seem to be bothered in the slightest by his "gaffes".

3) I didn't vote for Trump (or Hillary), but there is no one on the Dem side that would cause me to even briefly second guess voting for him this time. Do I think he's kind of a moron? Yes. Is he going to bring about the Apocalypse? No. Not sure why you think "we're toast" if he gets a second term. It's nearly impossible for him to do more harm in every policy sphere than any of the democrats who have a legitimate shot at the nomination. He's the lesser of two evils, and I'm totally fine with that when I look at the Dem field.

Bulletdog
06-21-19, 11:21
Will Trump win in 2020?

No. CNN says he has a 98% chance of losing. :rolleyes:

glocktogo
06-21-19, 11:38
It all depends on who he has advising him and how much they can keep him from torpedoing himself.

He has the Dems whipped on collusion and obstruction. You can see them gasping for air like catfish in a dried up pond on that turd. He has the economy and jobs. He's winning most if not all his foreign trade wars. None of the Dems look particularly strong or appealing. The Dems are probably more fractured than I've seen them in my lifetime.

So all that's left is how bad Trump will beat himself up and how desperate the Dems are to win (in other words, what stunts they'll pull).

OH58D
06-21-19, 15:42
If it's Trump going up against Mayor Pete Buttigieg and his husband, the South Bend, Indiana Gay duo may get the novelty vote - America's first Gay President and Male First Lady. It worked in Obama's case for being Black. Identity politics is still running strong in America. Being part of a victim group doesn't hurt...except in the buckle of the Bible Belt.

Doc Safari
06-21-19, 15:48
If it's Trump going up against Mayor Pete Buttigieg and his husband, the South Bend, Indiana Gay duo may get the novelty vote - America's first Gay President and Male First Lady. It worked in Obama's case for being Black. Identity politics is still running strong in America. Being part of a victim group doesn't hurt...except in the buckle of the Bible Belt.

So what the Dems need is a (ahem) Black Gay Woman who is at least 1/2020th Native American and a Socialist.

OH58D
06-21-19, 16:02
So what the Dems need is a (ahem) Black Gay Woman who is at least 1/2020th Native American and a Socialist.
That's too specific and so outdated. Gender pronouns are so early 21st Century. Get with the program and catch up....:) The candidate needs to be a Gender Fluid Transvestite.

Doc Safari
06-21-19, 16:05
That's too specific and so outdated. Gender pronouns are so early 21st Century. Get with the program and catch up....:) The candidate needs to be a Gender Fluid Transvestite.

You mean like................Michelle Obama.

(Oh, God, I'm going to Hell).

:lol:

glocktogo
06-21-19, 16:12
You mean like................Michelle Obama.

(Oh, God, I'm going to Hell).

:lol:

You laugh, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZO5q0B5wfw

Take a close look between 5:10 and 6:05. There's definitely "something" going on under there, and I really don't want to know what. :no:

flenna
06-21-19, 17:02
You laugh, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZO5q0B5wfw

Take a close look between 5:10 and 6:05. There's definitely "something" going on under there, and I really don't want to know what. :no:

Wow, what a classy thing to do by a First Lady.

lowprone
06-21-19, 19:39
YES !!!

26 Inf
06-21-19, 22:48
Not sure why you think "we're toast" if he gets a second term.

We're toast meant that I'm pretty sure he wont get re-elected, and therefore, Dems will play 'death, but first roo roo' with us.

pinzgauer
06-22-19, 12:06
He is definitely the lesser evil, all the way from somewhat less than Biden to holy crap less than Bernie.

I am stunned that people could even think Biden is only slightly worse than Trump.

Dem president with this congress and the damage could be huge.

You guys must not have lived the Clinton assault weapon ban. Yes we overthrew the house afterwards but the damage was done for a decade or more.

Trump annoys me greatly at times. but for the most part I'm still largely supportive of his agenda and can't argue too much with his results.

I don't care that he's not presidential, in some aspects I am tired of people who are presidential slime balls. (Romney, Biden, etc) back these guys survived and played for decades in Washington is a huge strike against them.

Yes I'm pissed about bump stocks action and suppressor comments, but as often discussed republicans have been worse and Democrats worser.

Any attempt to run a different candidate in Trump in 2020 is going to pretty much guarantee loss to the Democrats and would be extremely dangerous.

Doc Safari
06-22-19, 12:38
Pinzgauer speaks wisdom

Sam
06-22-19, 12:46
And I'd still take that over most career politicians and their carefully crafted, non committal, deceit filled statements.

Checking back in the thread. Agreed. And for that, I'll vote for him again.

Circle_10
06-22-19, 13:15

I have a hard time seeing a married gay guy being a *truly* viable candidate for the Dems at this stage.
Black voters, for instance, flocked to vote for the first black candidate but I don't know as churchgoing black ladies and urban black men who exist in an aggressive, hyper-masculine culture that is generally hostile to homosexuality, are going to be really inclined to vote for a gay man.
From what I've observed, blacks tend to vote left but often have strangely conservative social views that you'd think would conflict with their voting habits, but the specter of racist Republicans and the allure of free shit from nanny.gov keeps them voting Dem.
Might be the same deal with Hispanic voters too.
I don't know as gays are going to fly with minority voters on a *national* level.
I mean, let's face it...the guy has the word "Butt" in his last name. It's a stupid, intensely juvenile thing to focus on, but everyone is thinking it.

Now *I'm* not opposed to voting for a gay man, just not a leftist one. So if lingering anti-gay sentiment in the US is what it takes to keep Buttigieg from being pres than I'm completely in favor of it.

Diamondback
06-22-19, 17:45
I'm not committing to the Trump Train, but right now my vote is his to lose as the least scum of all the scum running, and the one who's actually DONE things for my side while the rest of the GOP has just paid lip service while allowing the continued slow erosion.

OH58D
06-22-19, 17:57
I'm not committing to the Trump Train, but right now my vote is his to lose as the least scum of all the scum running, and the one who's actually DONE things for my side while the rest of the GOP has just paid lip service while allowing the continued slow erosion.
Why not vote for Trump? The alternative is NOT the old fashioned, bleeding heart, lovable Liberal who hugs trees and likes the welfare State. The modern Leftist democrat is about as close to pure evil as we have seen in the United States. It's that serious. Look at Swallowell or that State Rep Bitch in Illinois who will take our guns by force and/or kill us. It's not whispered anymore in back rooms - it's openly advocated in public.

Diamondback
06-22-19, 18:12
Why not vote for Trump? The alternative is NOT the old fashioned, bleeding heart, lovable Liberal who hugs trees and likes the welfare State. The modern Leftist democrat is about as close to pure evil as we have seen in the United States. It's that serious. Look at Swallowell or that State Rep Bitch in Illinois who will take our guns by force and/or kill us. It's not whispered anymore in back rooms - it's openly advocated in public.

My point, amigo--everybody else is COMPLETELY unacceptable, but I'm allowing for the potential that he could still Mongolian Cluster-F*** the whole mess. I'm about 95% confident my ballot will be cast for him, but 100% confident that here in WA where General elections are decided in Dem Primaries it won't matter and all I'll get out to show for it is the satisfaction of tossing a big fat middle finger at the rumored (and some PROVEN) kiddie-diddlers infesting Seattle and Olympia.

OH58D
06-22-19, 18:38
My point, amigo--everybody else is COMPLETELY unacceptable, but I'm allowing for the potential that he could still Mongolian Cluster-F*** the whole mess. I'm about 95% confident my ballot will be cast for him, but 100% confident that here in WA where General elections are decided in Dem Primaries it won't matter and all I'll get out to show for it is the satisfaction of tossing a big fat middle finger at the rumored (and some PROVEN) kiddie-diddlers infesting Seattle and Olympia.
I don't know enough about the political set-up in your State since I've been there only a few times - Fort Lewis where I never saw the Sun and the Yakima Valley out by Sunnyside visiting a former aviation regiment member. I live in a Blue State with little pockets all over of Red Blooded Conservatives - gun owning Conservatives. We stay active, engaged and talk to people whenever we can. Trump may blow it all up, or ride to glory the first Tuesday of November 2020 - I'll continue to stay positive, hope for the best, plan for the worst, but we will survive - many, many millions of us will survive and figure out what the steps we have to take to continue our Constitutional Republic.

Diamondback
06-22-19, 19:09
I don't know enough about the political set-up in your State since I've been there only a few times - Fort Lewis where I never saw the Sun and the Yakima Valley out by Sunnyside visiting a former aviation regiment member. I live in a Blue State with little pockets all over of Red Blooded Conservatives - gun owning Conservatives. We stay active, engaged and talk to people whenever we can. Trump may blow it all up, or ride to glory the first Tuesday of November 2020 - I'll continue to stay positive, hope for the best, plan for the worst, but we will survive - many, many millions of us will survive and figure out what the steps we have to take to continue our Constitutional Republic.

'Bout same here, my friend, one little virulently blue tumor is so overpopulated it runs roughshod over everybody else--out of 49 legislative districts, "Greater Seattle" (including everything from Everett to Tacoma; Lakewood/University Place and JBLM are borderline) and its northern subsidiary Bellingham control twenty. Add Portland's spillover in Vancouver and Spokane... precinct by precint we're really a reddish-purple state with some massively-overpopulated deep blue tumors, just like Oregon and California, and the more we push back the more the Left rig elections and double-down on radicalism "just to show those backward hicks who's in charge here." A large portion of the state who've simply given up (2018 was a near-record turnout at ONLY 40% of ballots returned) and sat on their hands doesn't help...

Slater
06-22-19, 19:14
Is it wrong to hope that all Democrats are abducted by rectal-probing space aliens?

Diamondback
06-22-19, 19:15
Is it wrong to hope that all Democrats are abducted by rectal-probing space aliens?

Not at all, brother; that's downright GENTLE next to me.

Krazykarl
06-22-19, 19:24
Mayor Pete doesn't stand a chance. He has completely lost the black vote. He is more socialist than Bernie. He has covered up so many dirty deeds and misappropriated funds and channeled dollars to make his phony image That is all he is, image. No original ideas, no real experience. Everything has been smoke and mirrors to launch his political career.

Doc Safari
06-22-19, 20:11
My hope is simply that Trump has damaged the Deep State enough that it will collapse the rest of the way.

OH58D
06-22-19, 21:45
There's one here on this forum who advocates Crucifixions of these Leftists. I'm not that far off from his thinking with some of these America Destroying "Progressives".

Averageman
06-22-19, 21:49
There was a shooting in the Mayor's home town, White Cop, Black suspect.
Guess who's up in arms about that right now?

It's Trips election to lose at this point. Barring something horrible, it looks very likely he will win.

Krazykarl
06-22-19, 21:56
There was a shooting in the Mayor's home town, White Cop, Black suspect.
Guess who's up in arms about that right now?

It's Trips election to lose at this point. Barring something horrible, it looks very likely he will win.

The good Mayor has asked for Al Sharpton's advice on how he can repair his relationship with the black community. He has a town hall meeting tomorrow where he will address everyone's concerns before the boy wonder abandons us again for the campaign trail. By the way, it was a good shoot on an armed felon.

Grand58742
06-22-19, 23:53
Everything has been smoke and mirrors to launch his political career.

So, Beto 2.0?

Diamondback
06-22-19, 23:59
There's one here on this forum who advocates Crucifixions of these Leftists. I'm not that far off from his thinking with some of these America Destroying "Progressives".

Drawing & Quartering? Burning at the stake? :D

Grand58742
06-23-19, 01:31
Drawing & Quartering? Burning at the stake? :D

Eventually, the extreme left is going to figure out that angering the portion of the population that collects firearms and ammo and learns to shoot, not as a hobby, but as a lifestyle, might not have been the best choice.

Averageman
06-23-19, 11:57
The good Mayor has asked for Al Sharpton's advice on how he can repair his relationship with the black community. He has a town hall meeting tomorrow where he will address everyone's concerns before the boy wonder abandons us again for the campaign trail. By the way, it was a good shoot on an armed felon.

Has that ever mattered?
I'm asking for a Gentle Giant, not myself of course..

Uni-Vibe
06-23-19, 21:06
I think Trump will dispense with the election and just stay in power.