PDA

View Full Version : Google surveillance

ZDL
11-11-08, 22:41
http://drudgereport.com/flashgof.htm

lalakai
11-12-08, 07:40
data tracking is very scary. if you aren't paranoid, your brain is assuming room temperature!!

consider this: during the mad cow scare/tainted meat, the USDA was able to track the source back to a specific cow, identifying when it was slaughtered, when it was shipped, and the farm it was raised on.

when certain bans are voiced, it is usually based on the story that they can't track who buys what and where it goes. but they can track a cow to this degree??? I don't think we're getting the whole story here, rather personal agendas.

By the People, for the People. We need to remember that saying more often.

JediMindTricks
11-12-08, 08:39
Yep the world is getting smaller by the day.

Abiqua
11-13-08, 20:43
I've been googling the word "flu" on every computer I've gotten near since I saw the story on the news last night. :)

jamesbond
11-16-08, 08:14
http://drudgereport.com/flashgof.htm

World will end and we will all die.
Wonder how you sleep.

JBnTX
11-16-08, 11:21
This is the part that scares me the most!

"GOOGLE, continuing to work closely with government, claims it would keep individual user data confidential:"

BS!

ZDL
11-16-08, 11:33
Wonder how you sleep.

Naked......?

dbrowne1
11-16-08, 13:22
Proxy servers are your friend. If you set it up right so that it's more secure and anonymous, it slows your connection WAY down, but Google and its government handlers will end up thinking there is a spike of the flu in Oslo, Norway or Tirana, Albania.

jamesbond
11-16-08, 16:37
Naked......?

Start sleeping in diaper.

SIGfest
11-16-08, 17:22
Doesn't Scroogle Scraper prevent Google from tracking info?

NetJunkie
11-16-08, 18:04
Proxy servers will block your true IP but they often don't stop the cookies that Google installs in your browser to track the user. Every site, including this one, does that. That's how it knows who you are and you aren't required to log in every time. If you use FireFox you can get the Google Extension that lets you randomize your session IDs. That way every time you do a search it's like a new user doing it. Why is that important? Go Google (hah!) up some information on the AOL Search Engine data leak. Basically, AOL put up some sanitized (removed user info) search logs they had. People started going through that data figuring out who the people actually were based on their searches. Ever searched for your own name? It's logged. Now imagine Google's logs getting released.