PDA

View Full Version : Community Service Plan

lalakai
11-12-08, 07:26
thought i had seen another thread on the consideration for requiring community service from people 18-25 years old, so if this is a repeat, dump it.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=80539

dont' get me wrong, i think the idea of community service is great, along with military service, but i really have to draw the line at it being required. I spent 2 years in the Peace Corps and loved/hated it :rolleyes:; 27 months of my life that will never be equaled. 13 years as foster parents and adopted 3 special needs children, 6 years as Reserve LEO, but it was our choice. Let me tell you about supporting your community, and how to support it when it isn't a convenient weekend issue.

And i always get nervous when community based programs originating from the government, focus on requiring community service. Makes me think of the movie Sound of Music, and how the young man was integrated into the Nazi party and ended up turning on his friends. Worst case scenario if what happened with Pol Pot and how he used children to spy and report on "traitors". We already seen it happen in how one party developed such a huge net base of people that did nothing but defend their candidate, identified rumors and tried to spin the information they couldn't control.

By the People, for the People...........most politicians forget that :(

NoBody
11-12-08, 18:38
Deleted.