PDA

View Full Version : DDM4V7 vs. PRO

No Bananas
07-07-19, 12:35
IBuilt many an AR, but wanting to purchase my first factory AR. Got it narrowed down to the DDM4V7 or the Pro model. Of course everybody will say , “Depends on what you are using it for.” Everything is the answer. Want it to be an everything carbine:

Running rapid fire drill w/ red dot: yes
Slapping a higher power scope on it and shooting groups at 200: yes
Clanging steel at 400: yes
Mag-dump-like rapid fire at 25 and 50 yes.
Run and gun drills: yes
Long distance shots (within reason for 5.56): yes

I’ll probably split time on each of these pursuits equally. Yeah, it’s cool having a different rifles for different tasks, but which model would be better all-around?

W/ the DDM4V7 I’d have to change the trigger out, and is a gov’t profile really best for rapid fire or groups? It is only 6.2 pounds and is a breeze to maneuver. I know I’m gonna get razzed for this, but it also is available in the bran/FDE cerakote finish.

The PRO has an ideal trigger. Heavy barrel is great for rapid and long distance, but a heft for anything else, plus 18” is getting a bit long - I am surprised by how well it balances, though. Thoughts?

VT RAIDER
07-07-19, 12:59
Both, I could not help myself... I have a standard V7 and I did put a CMC trigger in it... I wanted a V7 PRO, but was unable to find one at the time. My V7 does everything I need it to do and based on your list it would seem to serve your needs. But for the difference in price these days, the V7 PRO is a great deal...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk