PDA

View Full Version : So I stopped by Brownells on Monday...

eightmillimeter
11-12-08, 10:42
Yes, fortunately I live close enough to the gun parts Mecca to pick stuff up in person, so I make every excuse I can to go there. This trip was because I volunteered to assemble my buddy's new lower for him and I needed a few tacti-cool parts that they had in stock. Well I figured I'd throw in a PMAG for him... out of stock no surprise. Next best thing, a Brownells 30rd CS... out of stock. Luckily I was able to get a Brownells 30rd with a SS spring. When the topic of magazines came up the nice lady at the front desk told me they were getting in between 500-1000 per day and everything is still on backorder. FFL's have been ordering quantities in the hundreds to try to keep them on the shelf in their own stores. Plus last night the local news station aired their version of the "buying frenzy" story. My buddy is lucky to say the least that he even got a lower... I don't know when the LMT upper will arrive if anytime soon at all. All I can say is I am sick of PE BH Obama already. I think they still have gas tube roll pins in stock... good lord this is already a disaster.

thopkins22
11-12-08, 14:09
Where is this mecca of firearms parts?

Spyw
11-12-08, 14:21
Montezuma, IA

Ridge_Runner_5
11-13-08, 11:06
Sometimes I think this buying frenzy will lead Obama and a Democrat heavy Congress to think, "the people are already expecting it, so..."

Im hoping they see how now around 6 in 10 Americans probably own a gun now and to ban it would be catastrophic for them...

NWPilgrim
11-13-08, 18:02
Maybe we can soak up all the AR supplies so the Hitl..Obama Youth Brigades won't be able to be armed. :p

We just need to get the backorders piled up to the 51 month level! I've done my part this year, I will recommit myself to the backorder cause in January '09.

A-Bear680
11-14-08, 06:19
Im hoping they see how now around 6 in 10 Americans probably own a gun now and to ban it would be catastrophic for them...
Everybody knows about DC V Heller.
It's hard to miss the buying frenzy and the spike in new members for the SAF and the NRA.

This has got to be a teachable moment for Mr. Obama. He's a smart guy.
He needs traction. So throw the gun-grabbers under the bus. I think he is already moving in that direction.

It would be a wise and ethical choice , IMO.

ckmark
11-14-08, 06:28
You were advised to buy before the election, if you didnt your SOL for awhile. :P

I could make a killing selling my PMAGs. :D

AirmanAtwood
11-22-08, 04:29
You were advised to buy before the election, if you didnt your SOL for awhile. :P

I could make a killing selling my PMAGs. :D

I wouldn't pay a penny over 14.99 :P