LMT 10.5”
BCM Mod 0 Comp
KAC M4 RAS
Vltor Mod4CH
Troy rear BUIS
Larue Index clips

Lower:
LMT Defender 2000
Seekins single side safety (ambis hit my trigger finger)
Seekins bolt release
ALG ACT Trigger
BCM Grip and Stock

Optic:
TA31RCOM4 ACOG on a GDI mount

Accessories:
DBAL Green/IR
Surefire WL/IR
BCM VFG
VCAS Sling

I chose the Green/IR DBAL because after dabbling with civilian legal IR laser illuminators I realized the LED ones are just way better. I haven’t worked out exactly how I will activate both without a tape switch but I’ll play with it. Plus my dogs love the green laser.

I went from a T2 to an ACOG because I’m seeing the light regarding magnification. I think everything I have will soon have a NF 1-8 NX8.

The LMT has literally never failed in over 10,000 rounds since I got it in 2009. It’s amazing.

https://i.imgur.com/kOxBE2h.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/GyI3y4i.jpg

Pappabear
07-11-19, 13:12
Thats a bad bad bad boy package. I have a 105 LMT and it too ha been awesome. Ive never run an ACOG on such a short gun, I have one on a 14.5. I struggle with the both eyes open and using it like a RDS. I think because my two eyes are different.

Damn straight on the NF1-8, those scopes are so nice.

PB

docsherm
07-11-19, 13:20
As usual, a no nonsense set up. Well done.

You may want to use a tape switch for the DBAL and keep the button for the Surefire. That way they are completely independent and you know for sure which item is being used. No actuall Light ND.

noonesshowmonkey
07-11-19, 13:46
How do you like the BCM comp? I imagine that on a 10.5", it's a bit blasty. Have you considered a Vortex FH or a 51Tto go with your suppressors?

markm
07-11-19, 14:14
Always nice to see a good FSB gun.

Eurodriver
07-11-19, 15:33
Thats a bad bad bad boy package. I have a 105 LMT and it too ha been awesome. Ive never run an ACOG on such a short gun, I have one on a 14.5. I struggle with the both eyes open and using it like a RDS. I think because my two eyes are different.

Damn straight on the NF1-8, those scopes are so nice.

PB

Thanks man. Wait till you see my new Noveske 12.5” next week. I already had the acog, but won’t be buying anymore.

As usual, a no nonsense set up. Well done.

You may want to use a tape switch for the DBAL and keep the button for the Surefire. That way they are completely independent and you know for sure which item is being used. No actuall Light ND.

Where would you put it? The rail is super short.

How do you like the BCM comp? I imagine that on a 10.5", it's a bit blasty. Have you considered a Vortex FH or a 51Tto go with your suppressors?

I’ve considered it, specifically the 51T but I love how flat it shoots with the comp. however it is loud if you are next to it, not so much for the shooter. Like suck the air out of your lungs if you stand next to it loud. The point of this rifle is to be relatively simple and I wanted to avoid a suppressor for POI shift changes and stuff.

I knew you’d like it! FSBs need to make a comeback.

JM36
07-11-19, 16:02
Nice looking rifle. I like the way the balance between FDE and Black, which I always find difficult to do properly myself.

docsherm
07-12-19, 11:44
Thanks man. Wait till you see my new Noveske 12.5” next week. I already had the acog, but won’t be buying anymore.

I’ve considered it, specifically the 51T but I love how flat it shoots with the comp. however it is loud if you are next to it, not so much for the shooter. Like suck the air out of your lungs if you stand next to it loud. The point of this rifle is to be relatively simple and I wanted to avoid a suppressor for POI shift changes and stuff.

For the tape switch, i tuck mine into the rail. This is a 10.5 with a 9" rail, but you get rhe idea.

I can't get pics to load right now. I will add then shortly.

As for the comp, have you thought about a AAC Breakout 2.0? You will get the comp reduction of a break woth much less flash..... and you can mount a can if you want.

Zane1844
07-12-19, 13:50
That's really nice. How's the gas port on these barrels?

Mark71
07-12-19, 14:26
Great looking gun! I'm another fan of the FSB.

Pappabear
07-12-19, 14:30

Mine is not too bad.

PB

docsherm
07-12-19, 15:41

Not an issue at all with any of the 10.5 LMTs i have

RGoose
07-12-19, 19:13
Very nicely done and I agree on the FSB too. I can't ever recall hearing any negatives about LMT's rifles.

markm
07-13-19, 07:26
Very nicely done and I agree on the FSB too. I can't ever recall hearing any negatives about LMT's rifles.

They've been back and forth. I think they used to make the Crane spec port that you would get early on... then they has some in that .080" retard range.... Now if I remember right, they're running mid 70 thousandths.

markm
07-13-19, 09:11
Not LMT, but we're sort of on the 10.5 FSB topic..

https://i.imgur.com/oShM011.jpg

RHINOWSO
07-13-19, 12:23
Call me crazy, but didn't you have a similar build a couple years ago (shorty with an ACOG?). Looks legit, I'm sure you'll let us know how it shoots.

I really enjoy my NX-8; we gave it a workout the other day and it hasn't disappointed yet. Honestly I think most people who don't like it for the reticle are trying to make it do something it wasn't designed for (ie, it isn't built with a precision reticle on 8x like the other SFP 2.5-10s and the like). Eyebox isn't stupid Razor / PST 1-6x huge, but it's not far off the mark.

BCM Comp is very nice, I have one on a 16" BCM upper - it definitely draws a crowd when you start shooting it / doing rapid fire drills. I'm sure on a 11.5" it blows some hair back.

flenna
07-13-19, 13:36

I am a FSB snob myself and am eyeing a 10.5 as my next rifle. This one looks good and may be the model for mine.

docsherm
07-14-19, 14:53

Here is what I do with the tape switch. I it a little longer rail but it will work the same.

https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/services/mediarender/THISLIFE/001084496318/media/34621889686/medium/1563133926/enhance

Don't Tread On Me
07-16-19, 12:05
https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/services/mediarender/THISLIFE/001084496318/media/34621889686/medium/1563133926/enhance

With a little dressing up of the image, that could almost be an ad for Larue.