PDA

View Full Version : Presidio Texas County 2nd Amenment Sanctuary

RioGrandeGreen
07-13-19, 03:05
Hell Yeah!

https://gunowners.org/texas-boarder-county-passes-goa-backed-second-amendment-sanctuary-resolution/

austinN4
07-13-19, 05:11
Hopefully this will spread to most counties in Texas. However, Texas does have preemption: State law prohibits municipal governments from regulating the ownership, transfer, storage, or licensing of firearms, ammunition, or accessories. Local ordinances can regulate the discharge of firearms (such as for noise, nuisance or public safety), but not in contradiction of state law concerning justified use of a firearm.

But preemption is under attack: https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/articles/2018-12-27/cities-versus-state-a-battle-for-control-in-the-texas-legislature

Bulletdog
07-13-19, 09:18
Reading their resolution brought joy to my heart and tears to my eyes. That was beautiful.

I want to go read that resolution to all the democrat senators and House reps. Then I want to roll up the document and literally start hitting them over the head with it to drive the point home.

soulezoo
07-13-19, 11:00
Hopefully this will spread to most counties in Texas. However, Texas does have preemption: State law prohibits municipal governments from regulating the ownership, transfer, storage, or licensing of firearms, ammunition, or accessories. Local ordinances can regulate the discharge of firearms (such as for noise, nuisance or public safety), but not in contradiction of state law concerning justified use of a firearm.

But preemption is under attack: https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/articles/2018-12-27/cities-versus-state-a-battle-for-control-in-the-texas-legislature

And through the supremacy clause, federal law trumps state laws. However this has not stopped states nor localities from either refusing to comply with federal law or passing laws that directly contradict federal laws and enforcing their own over the federal. This is to speak nothing of the myriad of laws at all levels that violate the constitution. It's become the rule of individual or small groups of politicians with the necessary power simply saying "I am gonna do what I want and you better obey because I will force your compliance at the barrel of a gun."
This is really just a skip and a hop from anarchy.

Buy more ammo...and AR's.

The_War_Wagon
07-13-19, 13:16
Sooooo... OAL/arm/brace/bumpstock/suppressor nonsense is ALL out the window there - as is NFA paperwork? Or... ???

austinN4
07-13-19, 14:26
Sooooo... OAL/arm/brace/bumpstock/suppressor nonsense is ALL out the window there - as is NFA paperwork? Or... ???

At the state, county and city level, yes. But we still have to follow federal law so NFA paperwork still exists. Sadly, const carry is not yet legal but licensed concealed and open carry is.

chadbag
07-13-19, 14:28

The Feds can still come after you. They just won't get any support/assistance at the county/local level.