PDA

View Full Version : 33 dead, many more injured in attack in Japan

WillBrink
07-18-19, 16:11
All done with a simple fire started. Not unlike the Happy Land fire in NYC, where 85 were killed in 1990 with a few $ worth of gasoline...

A man screaming "You die!" burst into an animation studio in Kyoto, doused it with a flammable liquid and set it on fire Thursday, killing 33 people in an attack that shocked the country and brought an outpouring of grief from anime fans.

Thirty-six others were injured, some of them critically, in a blaze that sent people scrambling up the stairs toward the roof in a desperate — and futile — attempt to escape what proved to be Japan's deadliest fire in nearly two decades. Others emerged bleeding, blackened and barefoot.

The suspect, identified only a 41-year-old man who did not work for the studio, was injured and taken to a hospital. Police gave no details on the motive, but a witness told Japanese TV that the attacker angrily complained that something of his had been stolen, possibly by the company.

http://www.redwhiteandfyou.com/33-dead-in-japan-as-man-sets-fire-screaming-you-die/

El Vaquero
07-18-19, 16:38
Dang. Who needs assault rifles when you have gasoline. California are you listening?

WillBrink
07-18-19, 16:40
Dang. Who needs assault rifles when you have gasoline. California are you listening?

No, the answer is no.

SteyrAUG
07-18-19, 16:48
He really didn't like that last Godzilla movie.

Firefly
07-18-19, 17:20
This is literally weeb 9/11....

F

The_War_Wagon
07-18-19, 17:22
CLEARLY, NO ONE needs high-capacity, assault gasoline, and those ridiculous one gallon containers. A thimbleful of gasoline should be plenty for EVERYONE'S "sporting purposes!" :fie:

He really didn't like that last Godzilla movie.

Of COURSE he didn't - who DID?! :rolleyes:

titsonritz
07-18-19, 17:45
Thank God for gun control.

Sam
07-18-19, 17:58
I'm being serious and sarcastic, things like that just don't happen in Japan. What is this world coming to.

Firefly
07-18-19, 18:15
I'm being serious and sarcastic, things like that just don't happen in Japan. What is this world coming to.

They talk about this in Revelations but mostly it’s because people know it will make the news

ABNAK
07-18-19, 18:33
The Japanese don't play. The perp WILL see this at some point in the future:

https://nypost.com/2018/07/06/japans-death-row-executes-inmates-without-any-warning/

MorphCross
07-18-19, 18:46
Originally I was going to say something snarky about Japan Animation Studios reaping what the sow in terms of bad pay for their background animators but it seems this was a case of crazy being crazy, no different from a typical week in Florida. :jester:

prepare
07-18-19, 20:21
Ban gasoline.

vicious_cb
07-18-19, 22:16

The internet and social media. And people thought mass killing was limited to western societies.

docsherm
07-19-19, 07:39
Ban gasoline.

The libtards want to.... where have you been? ;)

czgunner
07-19-19, 08:03
The libtards want to.... where have you been? ;)

Assault gasoline and high capacity gas cans.

T2C
07-19-19, 09:18
The Japanese don't play. The perp WILL see this at some point in the future:

https://nypost.com/2018/07/06/japans-death-row-executes-inmates-without-any-warning/

I like the way that works. Short notification of execution helps to alleviate several problems.

Fire is a very effective weapon. It's effectiveness for inflicting damage and loss of human life is incredible.

titsonritz
07-19-19, 13:18
I like the way that works. Short notification of execution helps to alleviate several problems.

Fire is a very effective weapon. It's effectiveness for inflicting damage and loss of human life is incredible.

Indeed, fire has been used as a "weapon of war" to great effect long, long before "assault rifles" existed.