PDA

View Full Version : SilencerCo Saker K direct thread

JediGuy
07-21-19, 22:28
I know nearly nothing about suppressors. I’ve been interested in something for a 12.5” Kino for a while, but in no rush. This looks like it’s been out there for a while... Help me out, if anyone can: Good buy? Decent can for the price?

https://www.peacegeek.net/product-p/wsatf-00166.htm

drtywk
07-21-19, 22:30
Great can with awesome tone on a 12.5” gun. That is a smoking deal. I would jump on it.

gunnerblue
07-22-19, 09:36
I really like the Saker K (also own an Omega and SF RC2 and MINI for comparison). That said, my only concern is that SiCo cans don't come in bubble wrap- they come is nice box with some swag. Maybe it's because it's a demo or maybe the seller did the weld job himself (also not factory, but again, could be a legit demo). If its genuine, that's a great price if you don't mind the inability to use a mount.

BigWaylon
07-22-19, 10:48
I really like the Saker K (also own an Omega and SF RC2 and MINI for comparison). That said, my only concern is that SiCo cans don't come in bubble wrap- they come is nice box with some swag. Maybe it's because it's a demo or maybe the seller did the weld job himself (also not factory, but again, could be a legit demo). If its genuine, that's a great price if you don't mind the inability to use a mount.
Those aren’t demo cans, or dealer modded cans, or blem cans.

SiCo made them as direct thread only. First quality. Not sure if they sold them all as a batch without the box or not, but that seller is GTG.

gunnerblue
07-22-19, 10:51
Those aren’t demo cans, or dealer modded cans, or blem cans.

SiCo made them as direct thread only. First quality. Not sure if they sold hem all as a batch without the box or not, but that seller is GTG.

Good to know, thanks. That’s a smoking deal

BigWaylon
07-22-19, 13:16
Good to know, thanks. That’s a smoking deal

...and FWIW, we got him down to $285/shipped if we ordered 5+. :D

BigWaylon
07-22-19, 13:16
Double tap

gunnerblue
07-22-19, 14:46
Group buy?

gunnerblue
07-22-19, 14:51
5+ M4C members?

BigWaylon
07-22-19, 16:44
Group buy?
He’s located here in NC. Our deal was five shipped to the same FFL for transfer. I’m not sure if the others went through with it or not, but I’d just bought a different can and ended up not needing the Saker.

JediGuy
07-22-19, 17:31
Wow.
I just ordered a couple hours ago.

Anyone up to seeing if they would still do the 5+ deal? It’s not like there is a hurry on it.

JediGuy
07-22-19, 17:33
Obviously, they would all go to the same FFL, unless there are others out here in northern Indiana.

RHINOWSO
07-22-19, 20:36
Yeah, if I had endless funds I'd grab 2-3, but overall I dislike direct thread on centerfire semis.

gunnerblue
07-23-19, 13:13
For a rifle that will see minimal round count (house gun- I have a near identical setup which I take to the range), would Rocksett alone suffice in securing this can? I have always been recommended away from direct-thread on semi-autos.

nate89
07-23-19, 15:06
I was almost ready to inpulse-buy one of these when they went on sale last time, and now they are in stock again I almost did the same thing again. I was talking with a friend and decided to pass. I have a saker 556 (not the K), with the keymo adapter, and a sandman-K, so it really isn't something I need. While I do think the original Saker cans are extremely robust and solid rifle cans, my buddy mentioned the new YHM 556 K can as an alternative that is almost the same price, with the option of both direct thread, or QD from the factory. If the saker is what you want, this is a great deal, and mine with the flash hiding endcap is a phenomenal 5.56 AR suppressor. However, I decided against getting one, due to what I already have, and the other options now available.