PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint CompM3 - Long term reliability

JediGuy
07-24-19, 10:35
Question for the more experienced...

I got an agency CompM3 last year. The lenses received a delicate but successful cleaning, I added see-through caps, and switched to a DD mount. All around, I’m very happy. It’s on a Colt CCU upper at the moment.

My go to carbine is a BCM Kino. Currently, it bears a Trijicon MRO. I like the MRO based on size, weight, field of view. However, the dot is not as crisp for me as the CompM3. I am considering changing to the CompM3. However, I want this carbine to be “always reliable.”

With an optic like the CompM3, is it as reliable now as it was 10 years ago when it was new? What is the life cycle for parts?

mack7.62
07-24-19, 11:08
For what it's worth I've got a CompM from the late 90's that last I checked it still works, crappy battery life compared to later Aimpoints though.

CMV
07-24-19, 11:32
Similar......my "in case of zombies" rifle is still rocking a CompM2. Also have a PRO that's long in the tooth but works great still. M3 at least has respectable battery life. M3 > PRO > M2 for battery life at least......

Unless you are seeing some issue with shape/location of dot, eating batteries, or losing zero after some mild knocking around, no reason not to trust it IMO.

07-24-19, 11:49
All of the ones I can remember seeing die lived hard lives on compact belt feds. Other than taking big hits and breaking a knob.

JediGuy
07-24-19, 16:04
Thanks guys