PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite "White Savior Teacher Helps Ghetto School" film...

SteyrAUG
07-25-19, 00:09
There are so many...

Blackboard Jungle (1955)
Teachers (1984)
Wildcats (1986)
The Principal (1987)
Dangerous Minds (1995)
The Substitute (1996)
Freedom Writers (2007)

Non white guy teachers who help ghettos school films...

Stand and Deliver (1988)
Lean on Me (1989)
187 (1997)

Honestly, most of these were a lot of fun despite being a blatant exercise in social engineering that teeters on racial exploitation themes.

Firefly
07-25-19, 00:25
Class of 1984.

There was a time in this country when punk rockers were more feared than sorry ass black kids who can't pull up their pants.

SteyrAUG
07-25-19, 00:34
Class of 1984.

There was a time in this country when punk rockers were more feared than sorry ass black kids who can't pull up their pants.

Almost put that one on the list, but I don't think the teacher actually helped anyone. Funny as hell now to think of Timothy Van Patten as a hard core. I also left out films like Breakfast Club and Fast Times at Ridgemont High for similar reasons.

Firefly
07-25-19, 00:51
Maybe. These movies are exercises in white guilt.

Just once I wanna see a teacher say "You suck, Tremondre. You just suck at life. There's no hope for ya. All you do is steal, screw, get high, remain ignorant, eat free food, and shit. You are a waste of sperm. You should be a stain on a mattress"

or better yet....some liberal teacher goes to an all black school in the hood and gets driven mad and pulls a reverse Columbine as 3Teeth's cover of Pumped Up Kicks plays.

Anyways we need more abortions and crucifixions.

Also does Welcome Back Kotter count?

tostado22
07-25-19, 01:03
Just once I wanna see a teacher say "You suck, Tremondre. You just suck at life. There's no hope for ya. All you do is steal, screw, get high, remain ignorant, eat free food, and shit. You are a waste of sperm. You should be a stain on a mattress"

Full Metal Jacket

SteyrAUG
07-25-19, 01:46
Maybe. These movies are exercises in white guilt.

or better yet....some liberal teacher goes to an all black school in the hood and gets driven mad and pulls a reverse Columbine as 3Teeth's cover of Pumped Up Kicks plays.

Anyways we need more abortions and crucifixions.

Also does Welcome Back Kotter count?

187 with Samuel Jackson came damn close.

titsonritz
07-25-19, 02:40
I tend to prefer the ones based on true stories like Stand and Deliver, Lean on Me and Freedom Writers.

Firefly
07-25-19, 02:50
187 with Samuel Jackson came damn close.

Nah nah nah nah naw.

That had too much leeway. A black teacher trying to reach chicanos? Naw.

I want a lily white homosexual teacher who is thoroughly brainwashed to go through a year of harassment, ridicule, racially motivated abuse, and physical harm and be pushed to the total edge. I want legit gang affiliated people to rub his face in the futility until he stalks room by room gunning down his oppressors. I even have a funny scene in my head of them trying to run as they trip on their pants and he shows no mercy while 3Teeth is blaring. I want there to be begging and crying and vain attempts to pull pistols on him as he alternates from rifle to shotgun and I want it to be almost over the top gory and he gets taken out by the SWAT team.

I think it would be a jarring wake up call to the youth of today.

I mean they aren’t that old. I frequently tell youth. “Don’t think you cannot be replaced. 17 years comes and goes fast”

And I want Rob Zombie to direct

titsonritz
07-25-19, 14:03

What parts are Sid Haig and Sheri Moon going to play?

SteyrAUG
07-25-19, 14:34
Nah nah nah nah naw.

That had too much leeway. A black teacher trying to reach chicanos? Naw.

I want a lily white homosexual teacher who is thoroughly brainwashed to go through a year of harassment, ridicule, racially motivated abuse, and physical harm and be pushed to the total edge. I want legit gang affiliated people to rub his face in the futility until he stalks room by room gunning down his oppressors. I even have a funny scene in my head of them trying to run as they trip on their pants and he shows no mercy while 3Teeth is blaring. I want there to be begging and crying and vain attempts to pull pistols on him as he alternates from rifle to shotgun and I want it to be almost over the top gory and he gets taken out by the SWAT team.

I think it would be a jarring wake up call to the youth of today.

I mean they aren’t that old. I frequently tell youth. “Don’t think you cannot be replaced. 17 years comes and goes fast”

I dunno, "R U Dun" was pretty epic.

Five_Point_Five_Six
07-25-19, 17:58
Dangerous Minds came out when I was in high school and Michelle Pfeiffer was smoking hot. Plus Gangster's Paradise was a banging tune.

Firefly
07-25-19, 18:41
Dangerous Minds came out when I was in high school and Michelle Pfeiffer was smoking hot. Plus Gangster's Paradise was a banging tune.

It was a cheap ripoff of Amish Paradise.
I cite Batman Returns as peak Pfeiffer

flenna
07-25-19, 19:03
It was a cheap ripoff of Amish Paradise.

Amen, Weird Al is a genius.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lOfZLb33uCg

Anyway, am in for Blackboard Jungle.

Firefly
07-25-19, 19:10
What parts are Sid Haig and Sheri Moon going to play?

Sid Haig is the foul mouthed alcoholic janitor and Sheri Moon Zombie is the bitchy Librarian

I’m actually looking forward to 3 From Hell. House of a thousand corpses was dumb but Devils Rejects was Awesome Town

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-25-19, 20:40
Band of the Hand
The Substitute

BoringGuy45
07-25-19, 20:40
What about Coach Carter?

jpmuscle
07-25-19, 21:10
What was the flick with the Hispanic teacher who goes in and befriends the local hoods in the high school and turns them around? I’m pretty sure it was set in California somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

titsonritz
07-25-19, 21:23
What was the flick with the Hispanic teacher who goes in and befriends the local hoods in the high school and turns them around? I’m pretty sure it was set in California somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stand and Deliver (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand_and_Deliver)

The_War_Wagon
07-25-19, 21:26
The Principal had a better soundtrack. And Jim Belushi was still nominally cool in those days.

The Substitute was a better teacher, though. :cool:

titsonritz
07-25-19, 21:33
Sid Haig is the foul mouthed alcoholic janitor and Sheri Moon Zombie is the bitchy Librarian

I’m actually looking forward to 3 From Hell. House of a thousand corpses was dumb but Devils Rejects was Awesome Town

They should be perfect.

Devils Rejects is great, his best I think. I did enjoy his Halloween movies. That creepy kid nailed a neophyte Michael Myers. And then there is Werewolf Women of the SS

MistWolf
07-25-19, 21:49
...better yet....some liberal teacher goes to an all black school in the hood and gets driven mad and pulls a reverse Columbine as 3Teeth's cover of Pumped Up Kicks plays...

Sorta like Falling Down, Kotter

SteyrAUG
07-25-19, 22:35
The Principal had a better soundtrack. And Jim Belushi was still nominally cool in those days.

The Substitute was a better teacher, though. :cool:

The Principal had an awesome soundtrack. "Set if Off" by Strafe is still one of my favorites.

CGSteve
07-27-19, 00:44
The Substitute with Tom Berenger.