PDA

View Full Version : New Beretta 92X series

Sam
07-25-19, 12:15
http://www.beretta.com/en-us/90-series/?utm_campaign=92X%20Launch&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=75015968&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-9m-7gkVYsgomPmhVT6HxpVa6stWyM1Qcx9dbwYpGrm4YQAx6M7ZEN1o1Jadlqu2wWJFhq-XEHsfg8lyTNqw0KJs-4IWQ&_hsmi=75016845

Beretta 92X series - the full size frames are Vertec grips while the Compact frame is still the same. All have rails. Can have either FS or G configuration.

The best part is the Centurion model. I've been writing letters to Santa for over a dozen years asking for a Vertec Centurion, he finally talked sense into those pizza makers. Take my money now Beretta.

Just saw on another forum that J.J. Racaza jumped from CZ to Beretta. I guess he will be featuring the new 92X single action gun.

Det-Sog
07-25-19, 12:21
I saw this a few weeks ago... OMG, I'm interested. This actually might get me to switch from Sig after 30 years of carrying them. PLEASE be everything I think it will be.

haiedras
07-25-19, 14:26
Jj and I talked about the possibility of him making the jump. The open gun he's going to be running is a legitimate open gun, at some point they'll be designing an actual frame mount for the optic and not the rail mount that currently exists. Eduardo de cobos made the jump earlier this year and it's assumed he'll be running the production version.

Slater
07-25-19, 15:55
So, is this Beretta trying to squeeze more mileage out of the 92 series?

Det-Sog
07-25-19, 16:35

Well, Colt did a pretty good job with the 1911. Sorry, not all of us like Tupperware products.

Slater
07-25-19, 17:40
Well, Colt did a pretty good job with the 1911. Sorry, not all of us like Tupperware products.

I'm OK with that. The whole 90Two thing didn't work out too well, but I actually liked the design.

PGT
07-25-19, 17:51

It's bringing the platform into the 21st century. rails, smaller grip with wraparound options, g kit, etc. Think of the new normal 92x line as the normalization of M9A3 innovations across the line. The Performance series are all steel and have their own innovations but are 3-4x the price.

The Dumb Gun Collector
07-25-19, 17:52
I am getting pretty sick of Beretta coming out with new awesomeness every damn time I pay off my CC. That compact looks like something I will have to have.

Slater
07-25-19, 18:05
I don't know - has the CZ 75 seen as many iterations as the Beretta 92?

m4fun
07-25-19, 20:47
Just when I thought my days of buying Beretta's was over...Steel...Safety on the frame...

Pilgrim
07-25-19, 22:00
Well... Maybe I should wait on the Sig X5 now.

556BlackRifle
07-26-19, 01:10
Thanks for posting this Sam. Been working so much OT lately I've been in the dark about some of the cool products and updates that are coming out. I haven't felt this excited about a handgun in some time now. Can't wait to see one in person!

sundance435
07-26-19, 09:43
It's bringing the platform into the 21st century.

Really early 21st century. If they'd done this 15 years ago, they'd have sold a pile - instead we go the 90-two and the M9A1. My Vertec G was the best Beretta I owned and I considered getting a M9A3. I might actually own a Beretta again after seeing these.

Edit - Why do the Centurion and compact still have an arch on the MSH???

Sam
07-26-19, 10:09

They don't. The look straight/flat to me.

These pictures I obtained from the berettaforum:

https://i.postimg.cc/yddpQkbn/IMG-2270.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/FkFlWG0.png

1986s4
07-26-19, 13:37
Yes, looks like a Vertec to me. Beretta seems to be saying that the arched adaptive grip from the M9A3 will be available for those with "large hands"

glocktogo
07-26-19, 15:31
I just wish they’d bring back the Compact Type M single stack. I’d be a buyer if they did.

Outlander Systems
07-26-19, 18:14
I am so excited about these guns.

https://youtu.be/lLSkXYA-Ir8

07-26-19, 23:03
Ho Lee Chit. They’ve been listening.

Mrgunsngear
07-27-19, 11:58
I am so excited about these guns.

https://youtu.be/lLSkXYA-Ir8

I handled one at NRA and was impressed; especially at the price point.

DaBigBR
07-27-19, 17:34
This is definitely giving the people what they want.

Pi3
08-03-19, 21:31
is it available as decocker only and no manual safety?

Pilgrim
08-03-19, 23:23
Went hands on today with the full size railed and Centurion models... My small hands rejoiced... My wallet will not!

I was just about to start getting into the P320/M17/X5 stuff, those plans have been cancelled.

Beretta has a winner here.

ramairthree
08-04-19, 01:39
Just when I thought my days of buying Beretta's was over...Steel...Safety on the frame...

To be honest, I don’t get the Beretta competition models over the past few decades.
What competition?
A SA Beretta that you can use in Production,
With a 9mm caliber disadvantage in Limited or Open,
Or a 40mm capacity disadvantage in the same.
Maybe a Limited 10 gun?

ramairthree
08-04-19, 01:41
Really early 21st century. If they'd done this 15 years ago, they'd have sold a pile - instead we go the 90-two and the M9A1. My Vertec G was the best Beretta I owned and I considered getting a M9A3. I might actually own a Beretta again after seeing these.

definitely missed the shooting sports growth by many years that CZ stepped in to fill.

Sam
08-04-19, 06:03
is it available as decocker only and no manual safety?

Yes, that's the G option.

Sam
08-04-19, 06:10
To be honest, I don’t get the Beretta competition models over the past few decades.
What competition?
A SA Beretta that you can use in Production,?

In the early years of IDPA, Beretta sponsored a team, consisted of Ernest Langdon, Dave Harrington, Rob Haught and Todd Green. They shot the Elite, Elite II and the 92-SD. They won dozens of matches.

Ben Stoeger shot a Beretta in USPSA production Grand Master division for several years.

prdubi
08-04-19, 08:11
No like ...

Can't use CTC laser grips.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sam
08-04-19, 10:53
Can't use CTC laser grips.

Why not?

prdubi
08-04-19, 12:05
It has the vertec grip and CTC stopped making vertec grips years ago.

ramairthree
08-05-19, 05:01
In the early years of IDPA, Beretta sponsored a team, consisted of Ernest Langdon, Dave Harrington, Rob Haught and Todd Green. They shot the Elite, Elite II and the 92-SD. They won dozens of matches.

Ben Stoeger shot a Beretta in USPSA production Grand Master division for several years.

Yes,
I own each of those models.
And also a WC BrigTac and a new Langdon.

But I am talking about their “Competition” “Steel” “Combat” etc. models that I never understood what niche they were for, and this new completion model.

They are not Production/SSP guns,
And have objective limitations not making them great candidates of Open and Limited type matches.

Sam
08-05-19, 05:55
It has the vertec grip and CTC stopped making vertec grips years ago.

They'll make them again.

prdubi
08-05-19, 05:56
Ctc customer service said they need hundreds..

I used to work for CTC..

We need to all bug them together.

They have the molding.

Pi3
08-05-19, 08:00
My motivation to get one is only if a ctc grip is available for it.

prdubi
08-05-19, 11:21
My motivation to get one is only if a ctc grip is available for it.Youz haz a puuuurty mout...

[emoji16]

ramairthree
08-07-19, 11:01
My motivation to get one is only if a ctc grip is available for it.

Are you going to put a light on it?
Pretty easy to go with a light/laser combo.

Then you can use a grip, a ah soul of which are available,
That are a much better grip than the CT.

Pi3
08-07-19, 12:26
I have a combined ctc laser/ light on a G19.5. Under stress, it is slow to scroll from laser only to both laser/ light.

For HD, I was thinking it would be better to have 92x laser grip on all the time when holding. Then have streamlight to toggle on temporarily for target id, then release to toggle off quickly. That was only reason to go with the 92X instead of a G34.5 with a streamlight laser/ light combo.

RMiller
08-08-19, 10:13
That Centurion is looking rather nice.

But, I fear my 92G will have to satiate my Beretta love for now.

Sam
08-08-19, 13:06
I'm selling my wonderful custom 92A1 to have funds ready to go when the 92X Centurion G hits the street.

recon
08-08-19, 13:12
I guess it will still use the standard 92 mags?

Sam
08-08-19, 14:31
I guess it will still use the standard 92 mags?

Yes. They use the same magazine. It's still a 92 on the inside.

Talon167
08-08-19, 16:22
I am wondering how the 92X Performance edition will compete with the P226 SAO Legion. Looking forward to handling one.

prdubi
08-08-19, 23:05
If the 92X is like the billinium steel version..
It will be very accurate.

m4brian
08-10-19, 14:37
What will be street price of 92xg?

Sam
08-10-19, 15:39
What will be street price of 92xg?

Gunbroker starting bids are around $750 ish, and buy it now around $800.

m4brian
02-08-20, 21:34
Just ordered for $650 shipped. We shall see...

I have held off for a LONG time on the Beretta 92. They used to ALL have SOME of the features I 'needed' but none had even most I wanted. The X has all except front serrations. So we'll see. A stock gun with front and rear checkering and dovetailed sights is finally here.

prdubi
02-08-20, 22:05
My only beef is no laser grips for the vertec.

m4brian
02-09-20, 14:49
Again - we'll see what the trigger is like, but MANy features that many have been begging for for 15 years. WHY they would not add front slide serrations while they were at is is a wonder. WHERE can one get a front night sight - NOT a set?

m4brian
02-11-20, 16:58
Trigger is VERY nice. Smooth and not too heavy. Grip on this thing is awesome.

sundance435
02-20-20, 15:33
I'm REALLY considering a 92X Centurion. Someone talk me out of it? It'll be the first DA/SA gun I've owned in 10 years, so the only things holding me backs are the manual of arms and that I've never been good with a DA first pull on an auto. I've always loved Berettas, though, and I've owned at least 3 variants of the 92 over the years...still regret selling my original Vertec.

ramairthree
02-20-20, 19:25

No, not those guns.

I mean the Combat, and some of the others that were listed as comp guns,

There was not really a niche for them in Production or SSP like what you mention.

Sort of like their new steel SA frame mounted safety.

It will give up capacity for the mag length in Open or Limited and not be eligible for Production. Is it meant for limited 10?

Magsz
02-21-20, 11:46
No, not those guns.

I mean the Combat, and some of the others that were listed as comp guns,

There was not really a niche for them in Production or SSP like what you mention.

Sort of like their new steel SA frame mounted safety.

It will give up capacity for the mag length in Open or Limited and not be eligible for Production. Is it meant for limited 10?

I believe its meant for "standard" division in IPSC which to my understanding is hugely popular and is kind of like limited but with 9mm guns and 15 round mags. I THINK...

This is all if I remember correctly having read that rule book a billion years ago.

As far as the 92X line goes. Man, holy shit are these nice. I cannot for the life of me shoot a beretta and it has nothing to do with the DA pull which I adore. It has everything to do with the recoil impulse which to me, oscillates in a very weird manner. The front of the gun simply does not settle down for me post recoil as it returns to battery. I tried every manner of recoil spring possible and there is just something in the harmonics of the gun that wont work with my eyeballs/shooting style/brain.

The only thing that these pistols are missing are the front serrations. I dont understand why Beretta omitted them.

Ron3
02-21-20, 13:42
As far as the 92X line goes. Man, holy shit are these nice. I cannot for the life of me shoot a beretta and it has nothing to do with the DA pull which I adore. It has everything to do with the recoil impulse which to me, oscillates in a very weird manner. The front of the gun simply does not settle down for me post recoil as it returns to battery. I tried every manner of recoil spring possible and there is just something in the harmonics of the gun that wont work with my eyeballs/shooting style/brain.

The only thing that these pistols are missing are the front serrations. I dont understand why Beretta omitted them.

Funny you should say that.

I always read about low and smooth the recoil and recovery is on these but...that's not my impression. Like you, I find M92 recoil to be smooth and the roll is pleasant, but the front sights do not come back to rest any faster than a G34/17/19.

Aggressive grip texture may help.

Ron3
02-21-20, 13:44
I'm REALLY considering a 92X Centurion. Someone talk me out of it? It'll be the first DA/SA gun I've owned in 10 years, so the only things holding me backs are the manual of arms and that I've never been good with a DA first pull on an auto. I've always loved Berettas, though, and I've owned at least 3 variants of the 92 over the years...still regret selling my original Vertec.

Trying not to buy one myself. I just have to tell myself I'm not going to routinely carry such a large pistol.

Magsz
02-21-20, 17:23

I always read about low and smooth the recoil and recovery is on these but...that's not my impression. Like you, I find M92 recoil to be smooth and the roll is pleasant, but the front sights do not come back to rest any faster than a G34/17/19.

The guns are smooth. Its the fact that for whatever reason, when the gun returns to battery, the front sight simply does a weird non consistent "figure 8" motion. Its the only gun that has ever done this for me and I have no clue what the reasoning behind it is. I have slow motion footage somewhere. Its not a matter of the grip shifting in my hands. Even with a decent amount of "wrist break" on my dominant hand without the pistol shifting, the gun still returns to battery "funny" for me.

This is ALL subjective and an entirely emotional thing as to date, I cannot find any scientific reason as to why the gun would "feel" this way to me.

SeriousStudent
02-21-20, 19:29
That's very interesting, mine seem to recoil in an easier manner than my Glocks. I have faster and more consistently accurate follow-up shots with a Beretta, measured on the timer and on a B-8 with a ruler.

That would drive me nuts, I hope you get everything dialed in the way you like.

Magsz
02-22-20, 05:39
That's very interesting, mine seem to recoil in an easier manner than my Glocks. I have faster and more consistently accurate follow-up shots with a Beretta, measured on the timer and on a B-8 with a ruler.

That would drive me nuts, I hope you get everything dialed in the way you like.

I've since moved on and consider Beretta's a fantasy for me. I have really nothing poor to say about the platform and I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone seeking a DA/SA platform. Maybe after I retire and I kick this stupid "I need to train with what I use for work notion!" Time and experience has shown me that it makes almost no difference other than developing a natural index. Trigger control is trigger control. Unfortunately, work requires that I use a Glock which...essentially fubars your natural index for EVERY other pistol.

Anyway, back on topic!

Does anyone have any comparison opinions between the centurion and full size pistols? Just handling the centurion was dream like.

Ron3
02-22-20, 08:25
Time and experience has shown me that it makes almost no difference other than developing a natural index. Trigger control is trigger control. Unfortunately, work requires that I use a Glock which...essentially fubars your natural index for EVERY other pistol.

Anyway, back on topic!

Does anyone have any comparison opinions between the centurion and full size pistols? Just handling the centurion was dream like.
I agree with that. Rarely fire my Glock.

I need to rent a m92x centurion. Yea, I doubt such a rental is available.

SeriousStudent
02-22-20, 11:00
.... Maybe after I retire and I kick this stupid "I need to train with what I use for work notion!" Time and experience has shown me that it makes almost no difference other than developing a natural index. Trigger control is trigger control. Unfortunately, work requires that I use a Glock which...essentially fubars your natural index for EVERY other pistol.

Brother, I am in the same boat. It's the practical side of me, I'd hate getting kilted on da streetz. :jester:

Hadoken
02-22-20, 11:17
Beretta is offering a $100 rebate on the 92x series now. http://promo.beretta.com/2020-92x-promo-100-back
I saw the full size model online for about $560 so $460 after a rebate. Had it been the compact I probably couldn’t have resisted.

SeriousStudent
02-22-20, 11:26
Where are you seeing a full-size 92X model on sale for $560? I'd like to snag one of those.

Thanks very much.

Hadoken
02-22-20, 12:18
I’ve never ordered from them before, it just showed up on gun deals website I visit.

https://lockedloaded.com/product/ber-92x-fr-full-size-9mm-4.7-blk-17rd

Where are you seeing a full-size 92X model on sale for $560? I'd like to snag one of those.

Thanks very much.

SeriousStudent
02-22-20, 12:56
Very cool, thank you.

Spiff_P239
02-22-20, 16:09
I’ve never ordered from them before, it just showed up on gun deals website I visit.

https://lockedloaded.com/product/ber-92x-fr-full-size-9mm-4.7-blk-17rd

I’ve ordered from them a handful of times and haven’t had any issues. They’re good to go in my experience.

SeriousStudent
02-22-20, 22:54
Thanks, much appreciated, I just ordered one. It does not come with the decocker, and only has 10-round mags, but I'll send those to a friend trapped behind the granola curtain., I have a spare set of G levers in the parts bins.

Hadoken
02-23-20, 09:09
Thanks, much appreciated, I just ordered one. It does not come with the decocker, and only has 10-round mags, but I'll send those to a friend trapped behind the granola curtain., I have a spare set of G levers in the parts bins.
I noticed that the description says 17 rounds but the details say 10rd mags. However the SKU listed is J92FR921 which should be 17 rd mags. J92FR920 should be 10 rounders, but who knows which piece of info is accurate.

Pi3
02-23-20, 09:27
How do you moutn a red dot sight?
Does the CTC grip fit on the 92x?

https://www.crimsontrace.com/01-1920

Sam
02-23-20, 10:35
Does the CTC grip fit on the 92x?

https://www.crimsontrace.com/01-1920

That one in your link DOES NOT fit the 92X. The 92X grip frame is the same as the VERTEC. CTC does not list a laser grip for the VERTEC.

bigkracka
02-23-20, 10:54

Recoils wierd for me too or I'd be all over this. Why Beretta waited so long is beyond me, they're 20yrs too late.

Without a mil contract I wonder how they'll survive in this polymer striker fired market.

02-23-20, 10:57
The recoil being weird may have something to do with the Vertec frame. I thought my M9a3 felt better in my hand, but I shoot an M9a1 better on the timer. Thus I do not own a 92x. Have y’all tried shooting it with a wraparound grip?

m4brian
02-26-20, 17:00
I have a new 92X and I am unimpressed.

I posted I thought the trigger was smooth. Meh. Too much overtravel and the more I fire it, the more I see some uneveness.

It WILL NOT shoot to POA. I shoot ALL my SIGS, HK, CZs, P99s easily POI/POA. This gun won't DA or SA. Vertec OR traditional grip.

The rear sight is too low - it is .300. The front sight is really poor - a small barely visible dark red dot - that does nothing to help you see it except in the BRIGHTEST light. So the sights are pretty much useless. The fix? about $150. And of course being a Beretta, its not that easy.

SO, I called Beretta CS multiple times. They don't answer their phones and they don't return your call despite a detailed message. You cannot really email them directly. You submit a question into a black hole. I call that non-existent.

I even called LTT. (They will talk to you!). They could install new sights but their nice Ameriglo FS is TALLER than stock - wrong direction folks! So the 92X sights are useless to me.

You hear things like - "change from the Vertec to the 'conventional' angled grip" - it didn't help. BTW - It shoots low in SA too. "Well, the DA is a longer pull than the SIG" - that's known as a deficiency. My P99 is also a longer pull than say my CZs, but they all shoot POA. Yes, sometimes it takes me a bit to dial in when going from a CZ P07 to a SIG P228 to a SP 2022. But after a few mags they all dial in. Not the 92X.

I want to like this gun, but I can't.

I thought I finally found the perfect Beretta. NOT.

ramairthree
02-26-20, 23:01
I have a new 92X and I am unimpressed.

I posted I thought the trigger was smooth. Meh. Too much overtravel and the more I fire it, the more I see some uneveness.

It WILL NOT shoot to POA. I shoot ALL my SIGS, HK, CZs, P99s easily POI/POA. This gun won't DA or SA. Vertec OR traditional grip.

The rear sight is too low - it is .300. The front sight is really poor - a small barely visible dark red dot - that does nothing to help you see it except in the BRIGHTEST light. So the sights are pretty much useless. The fix? about $150. And of course being a Beretta, its not that easy.

SO, I called Beretta CS multiple times. They don't answer their phones and they don't return your call despite a detailed message. You cannot really email them directly. You submit a question into a black hole. I call that non-existent.

I even called LTT. (They will talk to you!). They could install new sights but their nice Ameriglo FS is TALLER than stock - wrong direction folks! So the 92X sights are useless to me.

You hear things like - "change from the Vertec to the 'conventional' angled grip" - it didn't help. BTW - It shoots low in SA too. "Well, the DA is a longer pull than the SIG" - that's known as a deficiency. My P99 is also a longer pull than say my CZs, but they all shoot POA. Yes, sometimes it takes me a bit to dial in when going from a CZ P07 to a SIG P228 to a SP 2022. But after a few mags they all dial in. Not the 92X.

I want to like this gun, but I can't.

I thought I finally found the perfect Beretta. NOT.

Some things just are not right for some people.

Some 5.25 XDM 9mm I bought on sort of a whim,
I was giving my son a run through several pistols to pick what he liked.

Nothing fits my hand and points better for me.

Some old 92FS Inox frame someone had done in a weird Glossy black robar and had a Langdon speed bump trigger done I bought used. I G Converted an upper for it, it does not have the checkering, I threw on some parts box spare sights, etc. but it shoots neck and neck with my trigger job straight from Langdon LTT.
I have like 400 bucks in it and it goes neck and neck with a gun costing far more.

m4brian
02-27-20, 06:36
P2022, P228, P226, P99, CZ 75, P07, P09, all POI=POA. I have changed sights on most still POI=POA. DA or SA. POI=POA.

92X NOT. 92X bad, shooter OK.

sundance435
02-27-20, 07:58
P2022, P228, P226, P99, CZ 75, P07, P09, all POI=POA. I have changed sights on most still POI=POA. DA or SA. POI=POA.

92X NOT. 92X bad, shooter OK.

That doesn't make sense. So you're saying all of those other guns shoot POA and the 92X doesn't? If POI = POA, then it's just POA.

m4brian
02-27-20, 08:37
Whatever - I put the dot on the bull and it hits. 92X NOT. Shoots low.

RKB Armory
03-20-20, 09:35
I recently got a 92X Centurion. I've installed a Langdon Trigger Job in a Bag with the 13 lb. hammer spring.

Here are my impressions:
-The grips are super grippy. Maybe the grippiest grips I've ever gripped. :) Along with the front and back strap checkering, nothing is slippery. It reminds me of the M&P M2.0.
-The sights are a huge improvement over the previous three white dots that are on the 92A1. I've only shot 300 rounds so far, but I don't see a need to change the sights. I would have changed the sights on any previous generation of Beretta 92.
-The vertec shape of the grip, which I expected to hate, is better than I anticipated. Perhaps the great traction allows a relatively small circumference to work well, whereas a more slippery gun would require a larger circumference to accomplish the same thing. Just a theory.
-The machining is disappointing. The two blemishes are only cosmetic, but annoying. A burr under the front sight scratched the top of the barrel, and the hood above the breach face looks like corduroy.

As a side note, I've really enjoyed the Trigger Job in a Bag. It was fun to install, and the results are as good as I could have imagined. The trigger was pretty good out of the box. Now, the trigger is very good.

m4brian
03-20-20, 11:00
I just installed the TJIB. Yes, it is awesome. Best $170 I’ve ever spent on a gun period. Even beats my better SIGS. Now I’ll find out better what it does.

It is VERY smooth - the only thing I can feel is the FPB and just barely. The Reset is shorter than my P99. The SA has NO creep and feels like 3.5 LB - or less. Beats the snot out of anything else less than $1200.

RKB Armory
03-20-20, 14:38
If anyone is interested, you can see a full review, with pictures, of my 92X Centurion on my store's website.

http://https://www.rkbarmory.com/review-beretta-92x-centurion/