PDA

View Full Version : The Boys (Review)

WillBrink
07-28-19, 08:02
Imagine if super heroes were narcissistic sociopaths on a power trip as it would really be if people had super powers, and you have The Boys. It's dark, it's funny, it's easily the best show I have seen in a long time. It's like The Tick, but a lot darker.... It's Pulp Fiction meets every lame ass super hero movie where you wish there was some actual realism. The writing, directing, acting is top tier. A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfSeBMYmqgc

Digital_Damage
07-28-19, 08:07
I Binged it, that cliff hanger...

sniperfrog
07-28-19, 15:17
This is one of the better shows I’ve seen in awhile.

SteyrAUG
07-28-19, 15:36
Looks great but Amazon is not a channel on my TV and I'm not paying for another service even if it was. If they ever put it out on DVD I might check it out.

WillBrink
07-28-19, 15:39
This is one of the better shows I’ve seen in awhile.

Sure is. I don't get the title of the show however which threw me off a tad, but it kept getting good reviews so I decided to check it out. Glad I did. All my favorite shows are off currently so happy to find something that does not suck.

BoringGuy45
07-28-19, 16:23
Sure is. I don't get the title of the show however which threw me off a tad, but it kept getting good reviews so I decided to check it out. Glad I did. All my favorite shows are off currently so happy to find something that does not suck.

I haven't seen it yet, but I looked up the source material. Apparently, the backstory to the name was that in East London, where Billy Butcher grew up, "the boys" were the neighborhood tough guys who residents would send to deal with any troublemakers.

Circle_10
07-28-19, 16:32
I've got it in my Watchlist. Looking forward to checking it out.

mack7.62
07-28-19, 17:20
Looks great but Amazon is not a channel on my TV and I'm not paying for another service even if it was. If they ever put it out on DVD I might check it out.

I'm finding better programing on Amazon than Netflix now days. I really like the Bosch series and rewatching Justified right now.

WillBrink
07-28-19, 17:59

I have Prime and order plenty from Amazon, so win win for me. I don't have HBO however as I refuse to add that one to the cable $.

MountainRaven
07-28-19, 18:21
I have Prime and order plenty from Amazon, so win win for me. I don't have HBO however as I refuse to add that one to the cable $.

You can get an HBO subscription through Amazon, if you're so inclined.

ramairthree
07-29-19, 01:46

I’m torn between hoping for a 16 vs 35m version.

Although, to be honest, if it goes to a series completion,
Instead of some incomplete series canceled after a season cliff hanger, I would only settle for 70mm.

Adrenaline_6
07-29-19, 09:19
I like it even though there is an anti christian progressive agenda thrown in there. What doesn't these days.

Showing what would really happen if humans had "powers" seems to be more accurate here. I have a couple more episodes left.

SteyrAUG
07-29-19, 14:12

Prime isn't a problem, I don't have a smart TV. So until it's a channel option, it's not happening.

WillBrink
07-29-19, 14:33
Prime isn't a problem, I don't have a smart TV. So until it's a channel option, it's not happening.

I don't either. I like lie on the couch, put on some headphones, and watch on my lap top. I also watch most of my movies that way these days.

SteyrAUG
07-29-19, 16:30
I don't either. I like lie on the couch, put on some headphones, and watch on my lap top. I also watch most of my movies that way these days.

I cannot watch movies on a computer. Hell I can't even watch YT videos that are longer than 10 minutes. I have a giant flat screen TV for a reason.

Vandal
07-29-19, 16:55
I watched the entire season last night, staying up to switch over for night shift. It's dark, it's funny, Karl Urban and Jack Quaid do great work.

If you are burned out on all of the MCU and how they always seem to save it in the end, and kind of understand where the mentality behind Deadpool comes from then The Boys is a good option. I enjoyed the hell out of The Boys and now am stuck having to wait for Season 2.

Adrenaline_6
07-29-19, 18:03
You don't need a smart tv.
1)Get an android box like an Nvidia Shield or a Firetv
2)subscribe to a VPN like IPVanish or Nord VPN
3) subscribe to Prime,etc and install their app
4) Enjoy
5) install a streaming app like Cinema HD
6) Enjoy almost anything you want

New theater movies might take some time to get quality links but series from Netflix and Prime etc are available almost the next day.

Subscribing to a service like Real Debrid gives you even better quality links and the cost is irrelevant.

TexHill
07-29-19, 19:30
You can also access both Amazon Video and Netflix on the PlayStation and Xbox via their respective apps.

MountainRaven
07-29-19, 19:49
You can also access both Amazon Video and Netflix on the PlayStation and Xbox via their respective apps.

And HBO. It's how I watch all three of them.

vandal5
07-29-19, 20:39
I cannot watch movies on a computer. Hell I can't even watch YT videos that are longer than 10 minutes. I have a giant flat screen TV for a reason.

PS4?
Heck you could probably pick up a used PS3 for cheap and watch on that. Might be cheaper than a smart TV.

Edit to add;
Didn't fully read the two posts above mine... that's what we do as well. Ps4 in the living room and ps3 in the game room. YouTube, amazon, Netflix, HBO, we can watch all of those from the same device. I've velvet had an xbox but guessing you can do the same.