PDA

View Full Version : Work Shirts

mack7.62
07-29-19, 09:08
I have been a user of the Carhartt thick cotton work shirts for years but the new ones are crap, the collars and cuffs wear out way to soon. Any one know of a good brand that meets the following requirements:

1. 100% cotton long sleeve
2. Big pockets
3. Decent colors
4. Good wear-ability
5. Cost effective

just a scout
07-29-19, 11:57
If you want a jobshirt like a sweatshirt, look at the 5.11 quarter zip jobshirts. Cotton or denim collar. They’re comfortable and pretty long lasting depending on what you’re doing to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

docsherm
07-29-19, 12:30
I have been a user of the Carhartt thick cotton work shirts for years but the new ones are crap, the collars and cuffs wear out way to soon. Any one know of a good brand that meets the following requirements:

2. Big pockets
3. Decent colors
4. Good wear-ability
5. Cost effective

Duluth Trading Company has great stuff and it meets all of your criteria.

https://www.duluthtrading.com/?srccode=GBPPCMN&chnl=ps_brand_text_mn&region=in_region&gclid=Cj0KCQjwsvrpBRCsARIsAKBR_0L5wgfEETFYi7Mr-nn2RRJf_s3v2KcoWnwPAESAY3Zz1R7dn_3RYowaAlcEEALw_wcB

everready73
07-29-19, 13:19

https://www.duluthtrading.com/?srccode=GBPPCMN&chnl=ps_brand_text_mnŽion=in_region&gclid=Cj0KCQjwsvrpBRCsARIsAKBR_0L5wgfEETFYi7Mr-nn2RRJf_s3v2KcoWnwPAESAY3Zz1R7dn_3RYowaAlcEEALw_wcB

This is a great option. I really like their boxers, jeans, and pants as well. They can be a bit pricey at retail, but sign up for emails from them and they always have sales/coupons. If you have a local store nearby you can find stuff cheaper there too.

Here are the long sleeve shirts they list as cotton. I like some of their polyester blend stuff as well

https://www.duluthtrading.com/men/shirts/t-shirts/?prefn1=material&prefn2=sleeveLength&prefv1=Cotton&prefv2=Long%20Sleeve&selectedRef=material

26 Inf
07-29-19, 14:05

2. Big pockets
3. Decent colors
4. Good wear-ability
5. Cost effective

I'm looking for light weight blue chambray long sleeve work shirts to replace the fly-fishing shirts I wear for sun protection.

Don't want to spend 50.00 for a shirt that will get stained up, etc. (In other words not as expensive as Duluth)

Any ideas?

Averageman
07-29-19, 14:48
Dickies.
You can buy them locally, they're not expensive and with minimal care, mine have lasted forever.
Wash and wear is the key for my use.

Coal Dragger
07-29-19, 15:00

https://www.duluthtrading.com/?srccode=GBPPCMN&chnl=ps_brand_text_mn&region=in_region&gclid=Cj0KCQjwsvrpBRCsARIsAKBR_0L5wgfEETFYi7Mr-nn2RRJf_s3v2KcoWnwPAESAY3Zz1R7dn_3RYowaAlcEEALw_wcB

Yep. A lot of my work clothing is Duluth Trading. Quality is there, materials are good, and the fit is usually good but does tend towards the generous. I ditched Carhartt years ago.

26 Inf
07-29-19, 18:17
Dickies.
You can buy them locally, they're not expensive and with minimal care, mine have lasted forever.

Just visited the Great Satan's store day before yesterdayand bought one. A little heavier than what I wanted, but seems to be made well. I have some Dickies pants with cell phone pockets that have lasted forever.

everready73
07-29-19, 19:33
Dickies.

Was just going to recommend Dickies. I like Duluth better but only but on sale. Dickies from Amazon are priced right. Even the gildean brand are ok for a work shirt

Dickies Men's Long Sleeve Heavyweight Crew Neck, Heather Gray, Medium https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B6EAH6Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_.-4pDbN2NWHEC

Grand58742
07-29-19, 19:36
For a decent price, the Wrangler brand long sleeve button up ones you can get at Wally World seem to be okay.

lowprone
07-29-19, 19:51
Prison blue, help a con.

26 Inf
07-29-19, 21:06
For a decent price, the Wrangler brand long sleeve button up ones you can get at Wally World seem to be okay.

Two words - slim fit. That is all they had, nicely priced at $19.95, though.

26 Inf
07-29-19, 21:15
Prison blue, help a con.

That seems to be a good deal. 4.5 oz denim, button collar, button pockets, 23.95.

mark5pt56
07-30-19, 05:56
Yeah, I went to Tractor Supply the other day and noticed they were made in 3 difference countries.

2. Big pockets
3. Decent colors
4. Good wear-ability
5. Cost effective

jsbhike
07-30-19, 07:21
Stop in a Goodwill occasionally.

TommyG
07-30-19, 07:58
Yeah, I went to Tractor Supply the other day and noticed they were made in 3 difference countries.

Tractor Supply is my go to for shirts that I know are going to get hogged up. You can typically find something that will work for you at a decent price.

Averageman
07-30-19, 09:28
Just visited the Great Satan's store day before yesterdayand bought one. A little heavier than what I wanted, but seems to be made well. I have some Dickies pants with cell phone pockets that have lasted forever.

I would have the long sleeved shirts cleaned and starched in the winter and the damned things were like cardboard when you first put them on. Honestly with a long sleeved "T" underneath they were perfect for 90% of our winters here in Central Texas.
The starch would hang around in the shirt for two or three washings.
The problem with me and work shirts is, the minute I would spend thirty bucks on one, I would end up taking a bath in some hydraulic fluid or engine oil during the course of the day.