PDA

View Full Version : P365 owners, what holster?

cutter_spc
07-30-19, 16:28
Bought a P365 about a month ago, looking at holsters now. I haven't bought a holster in the past few years, things have changed somewhat and new companies have popped up. Just wanting to know what you guys are using on a daily basis, before I make my decision to purchase.

everready73
07-30-19, 19:40
Phlster, dark star gear, Henry holsters, and Jm custom kydex are done if the best.

The way the holster is designed, kydex quality, and attachment methods and materials are important. Above brands get those parts right

cutter_spc
07-30-19, 20:28
Thank you, some other makers to look at.

I had looked at Henry holsters, but crossed them off my list for a reason I may have to take a second look at. I have not looked at the others you mentioned.

everready73
07-30-19, 20:58
Out of curiosity what feature turned you off of them?

You didn't happen to go to Penn State did you? Knew someone with your user name - Cutter that why in to the army after he left State college

cutter_spc
07-30-19, 21:57
Out of curiosity what feature turned you off of them?

You didn't happen to go to Penn State did you? Knew someone with your user name - Cutter that why in to the army after he left State college

I really prefer the mag release to be at least partially protected by the holster, not that big of an issue with the 365. And I also like to have more material wrapping around the the upper portion of the slide, like up to and maybe even covering the rear sight. I'm really picky, LOL.

Of all the schools I went to, Penn. State was not one of them. Your friend can't be half bad though with a screen name like that, LOL.

Oh, and you need to screen shot your post. As of this writing you have 556 post to the forum!

CMV
07-31-19, 10:08
I use a DeSantis Intruder for mine. Very similar to a Galco King Tuk but a little more compact. I like it because I can tuck a shirt over it for church so I don't look sloppy with a shirt out, but still carrying comfortably & where i want the weapon. Worth checking out if you want tuckable.

lsllc
07-31-19, 12:35
I have a homemade holster. $7 in material and half an hour. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam
07-31-19, 18:47
Milt Sparks:

https://www.miltsparks.com/store.php#!/Summer-Special-2-Sig-Sauer-P365-Natural-Tan-1-5-Belt-Loop/p/129036119/category=28350085

Several models from JM Custom Kydex.

JM36
07-31-19, 19:04
I have a crossbreed IWB I bought from their website to fit with a streamlight TLR-6 attached. I have no real complaints, though I did trim the leather a bit so I could get a better grip when drawing.

cutter_spc
08-03-19, 15:11
I have made pocket holsters in the past and I am trying to pattern one for the 365 now, first one failed, too tight.

Anyway, as for IWB, anyone use DARA holsters? They look to be just about what I'm looking for, minus the semi closed muzzle.

MistWolf
08-03-19, 16:50
I have an On Your Six IWB holster that works very well- until you reholster the pistol while the muzzle is hot!

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-SRr8ZS7/0/933a44ac/X2/i-SRr8ZS7-X2.jpg

cutter_spc
08-03-19, 19:55
I have an On Your Six IWB holster that works very well- until you reholster the pistol while the muzzle is hot!

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-SRr8ZS7/0/933a44ac/X2/i-SRr8ZS7-X2.jpg

Yes, that little pistol does get hot quick, much hotter than my shield.

Spiff_P239
08-04-19, 12:53
I’m a fan of the Light Tuck by Vedder Holsters, personally. They usually ship within 1-3 days as well so you get your gear quickly.

Pilgrim
08-04-19, 13:22
Tenicor Velo is the best I’ve ever used. New Gen 4 model is out so perhaps I’ll get another.

everready73
08-05-19, 09:36
I have made pocket holsters in the past and I am trying to pattern one for the 365 now, first one failed, too tight.

Anyway, as for IWB, anyone use DARA holsters? They look to be just about what I'm looking for, minus the semi closed muzzle.

I have not tried one, but just checked out their site. They seem to be quality. They use a good quality kydex and good attachments

B Cart
08-05-19, 11:06
I carry mine in a crossbreed supertuck IWB holster currently and really like how it carries.

I am interested though in a locking retention holster for the P365, since i have kids, and don't always want it in a safe when it's rarely not on me. Anyone know if Safariland is making an ALS or something similar for the P365 anytime soon? Or does anyone know of any other good locking holsters?

CMV
08-05-19, 11:34
I carry mine in a crossbreed supertuck IWB holster currently and really like how it carries.

I am interested though in a locking retention holster for the P365, since i have kids, and don't always want it in a safe when it's rarely not on me. Anyone know if Safariland is making an ALS or something similar for the P365 anytime soon? Or does anyone know of any other good locking holsters?

ALS & similar are typically only for duty/service weapons - pretty uncommon for a deep concealment type pistol for anyone to make. Blackhawk Serpa (kinda yuk IMO) might - if not they make a Serpa for a Shield & wouldn't be surprised if that wouldn't lock in a P365 also. The BH stuff does fit Safariland QLS, so you could probably go way round about and make a P365 go onto a Safariland war belt setup if you really wanted to hodgepodge it :)

* which BTW is exactly what i do for things like CZ Shadow2 that they don't make an ALS for - bolt a CompTac body onto a Safariland QLS clip. That works, but loses the lock.... Another thought that would require some trial & error, but you could take the heat gun to the holster right at the depression in the trigger guard and then make that a little deeper. Will make the retention much worse drawing, but bearable and will get it enough a small enough child won't be able to overcome it. & if they can, probably big enough to figure out how to defeat an ALS anyway....

B Cart
08-05-19, 13:21
ALS & similar are typically only for duty/service weapons - pretty uncommon for a deep concealment type pistol for anyone to make. Blackhawk Serpa (kinda yuk IMO) might - if not they make a Serpa for a Shield & wouldn't be surprised if that wouldn't lock in a P365 also. The BH stuff does fit Safariland QLS, so you could probably go way round about and make a P365 go onto a Safariland war belt setup if you really wanted to hodgepodge it :)

* which BTW is exactly what i do for things like CZ Shadow2 that they don't make an ALS for - bolt a CompTac body onto a Safariland QLS clip. That works, but loses the lock.... Another thought that would require some trial & error, but you could take the heat gun to the holster right at the depression in the trigger guard and then make that a little deeper. Will make the retention much worse drawing, but bearable and will get it enough a small enough child won't be able to overcome it. & if they can, probably big enough to figure out how to defeat an ALS anyway....

Thx for the info! I have Safariland ALS holsters for my bigger pistols (i also think Serpas are terrible and would never wear one), and i figured there probably isn't a huge market for a Level II retention holster for pocket sized pistols. Maybe i'll play around with a few and see what i can work out.

snichols28
08-07-19, 12:29
The Kydex kind are pretty kick ass. Safariland, Blackhawk, etc. make awesome duty holsters but they are big and bulky.

I picked these OWB and IWB's up from ColoradoHolster.com and been super happy!

https://i.imgur.com/ibjQR0f.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/soG0A28.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/jMJYnKe.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/cy2nPEK.jpg

Jmacken37
08-08-19, 20:12
I'm using a Sticky holster for strong side front pocket and am liking it.

cutter_spc
08-17-19, 22:48
Well I went with the Dara holsters slick side model. So far I like it. It's well constructed and has all the features I was looking for. The "claw" defiantly works, I do believe I could conceal a 19 using one of these. The holster rides pretty high, making it extremely comfortable for appendix carry for me.

My main carry has been a Shield since forever, using a simple top mounted clip style holster made by Eight2ten. This combo has worked very good for me as it's very comfortable and super quick to put on and take off. I decided to stray to this Dara style clip because I have a G-Code holster with similar clips (or so I thought). The clip on this Dara holster feels like it's about 10 times the strength of the G-Code style when trying to get the clip open enough to slide down over a double thick gun belt and fighting to get the "claw" in at the same time. That's my only complaint with it, I may try it with out the "claw" or try borrowing one of the G-Code clips. But it really only takes about 10 seconds to put it on and I can promise you it's not coming off unless you want it to, LOL.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

hotrodder636
03-05-20, 10:44
Does anyone have any experience using a G-Code INCOG or G-Code Phenom Stealth with a P365? If so, please share experiences and pictures.

sundance435
03-06-20, 11:42
I'm using a Sticky holster for strong side front pocket and am liking it.

Not to derail - anyone else pocket carrying one? How's it compare to a G43? As for holsters, I've bought JM Custom for just about every gun I own. They are great people to buy from.

gaijin
03-06-20, 12:32
Went with a Sparks VMll for IWB.

https://i.imgur.com/yZg70xA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/T7MXV8b.jpg

Spiff_P239
03-06-20, 16:05
I’m a fan of the Light Tuck by Vedder Holsters, personally. They usually ship within 1-3 days as well so you get your gear quickly.

This is my choice as well. They do great work.

KUSA
03-07-20, 09:12
https://www.tier1concealed.com/collections/allholsters/products/new-axis-custom?variant=12494035746887

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200307/b7dd8cd9a37a445ad89d26ec8e5aa22c.plist

James Dean
03-14-20, 19:17
Bought a P365 about a month ago, looking at holsters now. I haven't bought a holster in the past few years, things have changed somewhat and new companies have popped up. Just wanting to know what you guys are using on a daily basis, before I make my decision to purchase.

I run an Alabama pocket holster, or an IWB Tulster holster.

Watrdawg
03-17-20, 08:05
High Noon Holsters also makes a very nice holster. I have one for my G19 and also a Sig P320. I just purchased a P365XL last weekend and have a leather lined IWB from High Noon on the way to me for it. BTW I love the P365XL!

grizzlyblake
03-17-20, 10:36
I use the Raven Vanguard trigger cover/clip for mine. It's a backup type pistol that I'll carry when I don't need a gun, otherwise I carry a P320 in a Raven Perun.

The Vanguard is great to just stick the little 365 in the waistband. Since it's pretty much filling the role of a pocket J-frame I don't care about the lack of ability to reholster one handed.

556BlackRifle
03-19-20, 23:50
I'm switching over to Tulster. I've had trouble getting more than a year out of your run of the mill kydex IWB holsters. I'm super happy with Tulster. Will hit the two year mark this fall.

cdknox
03-22-20, 15:26
I've used the Sig Mini Wing IWB they sell on their website for over a year. I think it's made by Blackpoint Tactical or something like that. It's very comy.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Coyote bulldozer
03-23-20, 23:01
I see this is an older thread so the OP hopefully got taken care of by now but since others have bumped it in the last few days, and my holster of choice for the 365 hasn't been mentioned I'll chime in:
I carry my p365 in a Stealthgear Ventcore mini. This was my first experience with the synthetic inner half hybrid holster (either straight kydex or old school leather before) and I really couldn't be happier with it! Super comfy against your skin to wear all day, screw adjustable retention, end-user customizable cant. I especially appreciate the "combat cut" so I'm able to get a full grip on the tiny frame before drawing (yes that's an option on many different brands, just highlighting it).

Jitterbug
03-25-20, 22:11
I didn't read through the entire thread. Anyone looking for an OWB leather pancake Richties Gunleather makes a nice one for the P365 and the XL

Jonnyt16
03-25-20, 23:21
Standard Co Holsters appear to be very high quality. No experience with them (yet) but all the reports I've read about them have been very positive. You can also choose the height of your sweat guard. https://standardcousa.com/

Thwack
03-29-20, 16:54
I highly recommend Kusiak Leather. I carry a P365 everyday in a minimalist. Thin and stiff like kydex but leather. Good price too.

Windrunner50
04-10-20, 13:46
I will second on an IWB Crossbreed, they are great quality, fit well for me, and I use them for a couple platforms. I agree each user may have to perform slight trimming based on personal preferences. They also have seconds at great prices, and I have yet to find any problems with them?
Stay safe