PDA

View Full Version : lower options and prices

RECON300
08-02-19, 09:46
Im new on this forum and I looking at an M4E1 build, are they that good of a lower

tehpwnag3
08-02-19, 11:25
Aero is GTG. It has some nice standard features, although I prefer a roll pin install on the bolt catch for my own builds (maybe I'm just old school and don't know what I'm missing).

Im new on this forum and I looking at an M4E1 build, are they that good of a lower

RECON300
08-02-19, 11:34
cool thank you Ive looked at a couple local websites, is this a good price guys? drtarms.com/index.php/product/aero-m4e1/

turnburglar
08-02-19, 11:36
I didnt follow your link, but I paid $60 out the door for my Aero lower last week. Tombstone tactical.

tehpwnag3
08-02-19, 12:10
That's a crazy good price on a M4E1. Are you sure it wasn't just the standard stripped lower? My BIL bought a standard AP lower from TT recently and it was closer to your price.

I didnt follow your link, but I paid $60 out the door for my Aero lower last week. Tombstone tactical.

tehpwnag3
08-02-19, 12:12
Yeah, I guess, but I don't know the vendor.

cool thank you Ive looked at a couple local websites, is this a good price guys? drtarms.com/index.php/product/aero-m4e1/

GH41
08-02-19, 14:23
Aero is GTG. It has some nice standard features, although I prefer a roll pin install on the bolt catch for my own builds (maybe I'm just old school and don't know what I'm missing).

I have a build on a Mega ambi receiver with a couple of those tiny screw pins in it. I am not looking forward to the day the port side bolt catch has to come out. You can't really tighten anything with a 1/16" allen key so you are forced to use a dab of blue loctite. In my case the rifle is a safe queen. I would also prefer a roll pin on a hard use rifle.

26 Inf
08-02-19, 15:46
I have a build on a Mega ambi receiver with a couple of those tiny screw pins in it. I am not looking forward to the day the port side bolt catch has to come out. You can't really tighten anything with a 1/16" allen key so you are forced to use a dab of blue loctite.

I went through a period where I threaded the bolt catch boss and the take down retaining pin shaft on my builds. I us the Aero threaded pins for the bolt catch..

Even with a pretty good application of Loctite 242, I haven't had problems. I never use the ball end my allen keys to try to loosen (the long end so unlikely anyone would) and I have keys with taped shafts sitting in a pill bottle on my bench specifically for loosening loctited set screws. 5/64, 1/16 and .050 cover pretty much anything you'll tap on an AR.

I don't have an M4E1 receiver, but my Aero Gen 2 receiver worked well.

fledge
08-02-19, 16:37

It’s a solid lower. Forged. Flared magwell. Works well with in spec uppers.

I use Vibratite VC3 for screw in bolt catch pins. Holds well, resists backing out with vibration, isn’t impossible to remove with allen key.

RECON300
08-02-19, 16:48
thanks guys i appreciate it

tehpwnag3
08-07-19, 15:38
Post questions about YOUR build/lower here, RECON300.....