PDA

View Full Version : Please calm down with the Obama stuff.

ckmark
11-13-08, 05:27
Hey Everyone,

I visit the site daily, find it interesting to read the General Discussion area of the site as well as the rest of it... But lately all the General area has consisted of is Obama.

Don't get me wrong, I'm about as far from an Obama supporter as you can get, but we really don't need 100000 threads about him and his policies. At one point there was a stickyed thread saying to stop making threads about him, I've been disappoint ever since it was taken down.

Obama this, Obama that, he got elected and its out of our hands now. The only we can do is legally pursue keeping what little is left of our 2nd amendment.

Thanks,
Mark

Army Chief
11-13-08, 06:35
I applaud your perspective. I did not vote for Senator Obama, but neither do I see any benefit in undermining him after-the-fact. No amount of hand-wringing is going to change the fact that we are about to have a new chief executive that doesn't really understand or relate to our causes. Our challenge now is to educate and inform our fellow citizens and legislators -- not to vilify the new President.

Chief

M4arc
11-13-08, 06:37
Good post ckmark. I realize that we're all spun up and worried right now but hope is not lost. One of the first things I did was email my Senators to express my concerns and ask what they planned to do when anti-gun legislation comes up in Congress. I suggest everyone else do the same.

lalakai
11-13-08, 07:36
considering the recent ruling from the SCOTUS and it's definition of certain elements of the 2nd amendment, it will be harder to enact bans. but that doesn't mean we can sit back and coast. We also learned alot from the first AWB that passed during Clinton's time, and we won't be surprised again.

it's the steady and constant pressure; even if they say it's not on their agendas, let them know it's on ours. Keep contacting your senators and reps, talk with others at the stores and shops, and let others know that you are also watching them and will show your lack of support (Cooper Arms) by not purchasing any of their products. Join the NRA or one of the other groups that can help organize and support efforts to stop any future AWB before they hit the floor.

10MMGary
11-13-08, 07:37
Thanks for posting this CkMark.
I personally despise everything the man seems to stand for but having said that I do respect the office he is about to hold. The peaceful transference of power never fails to impress me. BTW it also needs to be stated that had every registered republican gone out and voted we would be talking about what we need to worry about in regards to PE McCain and useless gun laws.

M4arc
11-13-08, 07:54
Join the NRA or one of the other groups that can help organize and support efforts to stop any future AWB before they hit the floor.

While the NRA does have a bad rap among some gun owners they are still a very powerful lobby group so it's important that we support them. We may not agree with everything they've done (or didn't do) but they still have a lot of power on capital hill. It's cheap insurance in my opinion.

OldNavyGuy
11-13-08, 08:16
personally..., i am going to give the Muslime SOB the same respect the hate filled liberal scum left gave President Bush.

BlueForce
11-13-08, 08:25
One thing I've never understood, and it comes up on virtually every talk forum out there from time to time, is when someone makes a post telling people they need to stop talking about something. I have a strong impulse to deal with people who are exhibiting misconduct. I have strong impulse to deal with people who are intentionally misleading people. But I have never felt it my place in life to try to just control people and determine the subjects they are allowed to engage in. Especially when there is no requirement to read posts you are not interested in. It would be different if you had to start at the top of the page and work your way down.

I just find these "you need to stop talking about *whatever*" posts to be an odd thing. If people are that interested in a subject, there must be a reason. Why should a third party suddenly -- one who is self admittedly not interested -- decide for them they are "doing the wrong thing"?

CarlosDJackal
11-13-08, 08:38
To the original poster: WHY? :confused:

lalakai
11-13-08, 09:08
i did find some interesting info after checking his site that announced his planned agenda. one of the identified items is to make the original AWB permanent (along with more stringent modifications). But if you go to his site you will no longer find that agenda; it's been taken down and the page is under construction. There is an alternate site fortunately that retained the original agenda. Wonder if the site really is under construction, or if there was so much feedback that certain items might be too hot to be "publically" considereding. Something to watch.

here is the alt site where you can find his original plan for change.

http://74.125.45.104/search?q=cache:lZ5nLB1m2TMJ:www.change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy/+gun+site:change.gov&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

rubberneck
11-13-08, 09:28
To the original poster: WHY? :confused:

I am not the original poster but at this point we know who he is and what he stands for. Despite his slippery language (god I hate President's that were lawyers) we are all aware of the fact that he is rabidly anti-gun and will do everything in his power to restrict our rights. These constant threads add little to that picture. He is what he is and we'll spend at least the next four years fighting him over every little detail.

I hope those of you who voted for Bob Barr or refused to vote for McCain will take a second and reflect on how foolish that was. McCain wasn't perfect but when it comes to our interests he was 10,000X better than what we ended up with. The really frustrating part is that Obama doesn't win the Presidency without the support of gun owners in NC, Indiana, Florida, Missouri and Pennsylvania. More often than not we are our own worst enemy.

HAMMERDROP
11-13-08, 09:46
I just looked in my safe and saw my AR and ammo ... but we are all carrying the same disappointment of having watched one of our buddies get the crap beat out of him on the parking lot. And we told him not to go out there ...it does hurt.
But I feel we need to just move forward and maintain a higher level of respect than normal and more consideration towards each other every day no matter what. It is those actions which will allow M4C members to lead the pack by being intelligent individuals and 'responsible gun owners'. Have you read some of the rhetoric on TOS ?? That is not how we need to be viewed by the 'anti's' and the general public. We need to maintain a low profile til we are ready to proceed with our 'March'.
If feasible and when possible ... JMHO

Michael