PDA

View Full Version : How to remove white color filler from an AR???

frogger
11-13-08, 15:01
I have a few parts on my AR that have the company name or logo filled in with white. Two of these are MI parts and one is an RRA part. I have no problem with a roll mark on the parts, but I hate them being highlighted like that. Is there an easy way to remove the white filler? If not, I have a Birchwood Casey Black Out pen, but I think it would look a LOT better if I could just remove what is there.

Yes, I know this is petty, but it bugs me. :p

hal_5555
11-14-08, 09:01
I have a few parts on my AR that have the company name or logo filled in with white. Two of these are MI parts and one is an RRA part. I have no problem with a roll mark on the parts, but I hate them being highlighted like that. Is there an easy way to remove the white filler? If not, I have a Birchwood Casey Black Out pen, but I think it would look a LOT better if I could just remove what is there.

Yes, I know this is petty, but it bugs me. :p

i have had this problem before and have used a few drops of either brake cleaner or CLP. then i used a stiff plastic brush like the ones in M16 cleaning kits. it worked for me.

infidel
11-14-08, 10:16
I had to smile reading your post - as there are other members asking how to add white color to the roll marks :D Mine came blacked as the rifle and I prefer that, too. Good luck on getting your AR just like you want it.

beavo451
11-14-08, 16:02
I don't know what parts you have, but my friend's MI rear sight and RRA Dominator have their logos laser engraved. Not roll-marked and filled.

frogger
11-14-08, 23:35
Apparently, they are laser engraved. I ended up just going over them lightly with the Birchwood Casey pen. It worked just fine.

The parts are an MI Light Mount (MCTAR-01), MI Sling Mount (MCTAR-13) and an RRA Dominator 2.

SuicideHz
11-15-08, 00:13
If it IS removable and the normal nylon brush doesn't do the job, try trimming the bristles down shorter- I've done that with old toothbrushes and they work well for scrubbing small areas like you are looking to scrub clean.

josey88
11-15-08, 13:34
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh125/josey88/012-1.jpg I did mine in red and so far , I like it. Here is a pic . Silly , but I like it anyway.

fodder
11-16-08, 17:43
Try acetone and your cleaning brush. Just be sure to wipe frequently or you will end up with a bunch of little white paint dots on your lower.

I just did this on my POF lower and it worked great.

Medicine Calf
11-16-08, 20:47
Its unseemly to care about what your AR looks like. :cool:

sdcromer
11-17-08, 19:55
Black ultra fine point Sharpie marker.

http://cdn.www.officedepot.com/pictures/us/od/sk/lg/451898_sk_lg.jpg