PDA

View Full Version : Vince Vaughn in an action role?

austinN4
08-17-19, 18:19
Brawl in Cell Block 99 Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FnAhrJDTqs

Looks interesting

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-17-19, 18:26
Wasn't.

Five_Point_Five_Six
08-17-19, 18:26
It's been out for a couple years. You can watch it on Amazon and probably Netflix.

titsonritz
08-17-19, 18:30
He did alright in Hacksaw Ridge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNAEwTISqQ4

austinN4
08-17-19, 18:41
Forgot about that one.

austinN4
08-17-19, 18:43
It's been out for a couple years.
Oops! Oh well, it is new to me.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
08-17-19, 18:57
Released in 2017...

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-17-19, 19:07
I like Vaughn. I've heard that he is having trouble transitioning from being the smack talking Gen-Xer to a serious actor for serious roles. He's 50 years old, gotta grow up sometime.

I hope he can do it. Always kind of identified with him to an extent. I can be highly analytical and a bit introverted, but in a lot situations, it's the "FMCDH Show" and I can't keep my pie hole shut- a lot like a Vaughn seems to be.

The_War_Wagon
08-17-19, 19:44
I like Vaughn. I've heard that he is having trouble transitioning from being the smack talking Gen-Xer to a serious actor for serious roles. He's 50 years old, gotta grow up sometime.

I hope he can do it. Always kind of identified with him to an extent. I can be highly analytical and a bit introverted, but in a lot situations, it's the "FMCDH Show" and I can't keep my pie hole shut- a lot like a Vaughn seems to be.

We grew up on MST3k - it's what we do. :rolleyes:

jpmuscle
08-17-19, 19:47

Dude.

MST3K is life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoringGuy45
08-17-19, 19:48
I saw part of that movie once. I have a strong stomach, but that movie was too violent and gross for me.

Pappabear
08-17-19, 19:49

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNAEwTISqQ4

Great and hilarious in Hacksaw

PB

Diamondback
08-17-19, 23:02

Almost 40, and I can relate to that... generally prefer to keep to myself and hide from the world behind a laptop and a wall of books, but when I think I have a compelling reason to weigh in I really chew the scenery. Kind of a weird "all-or-nothing confidence" thing--I'll go toe to toe with any man here on WWII carrier operations or Seven Years War to Napoleonic Era sailing warships, but with regard to our main subject here I still consider myself just an apprentice with much to learn.

Business_Casual
08-18-19, 01:06
Dude.

MST3K is life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“Hey, Malta. Get a tree!”

SteyrAUG
08-18-19, 14:53

Didn't grow up on it, but one of my favorite shows in my 20s. "Turkey Day" thanksgivings were awesome.

SteyrAUG
08-18-19, 14:56
“Hey, Malta. Get a tree!”

BRING ME A SAMPO!

The_War_Wagon
08-18-19, 15:00
Didn't grow up on it, but one of my favorite shows in my 20s. "Turkey Day" thanksgivings were awesome.

Well... I went back to college at 23, and that's when I discovered it.

"We now go live to the prestigious campus, of Whatsamatta U."

Diamondback
08-18-19, 15:02
Didn't need MST3K, I come from a long line of natural-born smartasses--while with USAFE in Germany in the '60's, after hearing JFK's "Ich Bin Ein Berliner" speech my grandfather cracked up my folks' local hosts by asking "did MY Commander-in-Chief SERIOUSLY just stand up before the entire world and proclaim himself to be a jelly donut?"

And then when he retired, the Chancellor of my alma mater gave me the distinction of being the only student invited to this otherwise staff-only occasion... so he could get in one last bit of repartee to pay back my years of wiseassery by awarding my tuchus a degree of its own. ("Chancellor Stan," wherever you are out there, we miss ya buddy.)

HMM
08-18-19, 19:20
I've always been a fan but I haven't seen that one.

ramairthree
08-18-19, 19:22
This looks like the sort of film that comes out straight to video from the 50 and up former A/B list crowd that is no longer A/B list,
But they have various alcohol, drug, gambling, debt, divorce, etc. issues they need to keep paying for.

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-18-19, 21:54
The funny thing is my neighbor went to High school with Vaughn, and my Uber driver last week was the father-in-law of the kid from “A Christmas Story”, who has a production company with Vaughn.

Are you starting to get that I can’t stop talking to people? I will find out your secrets...

Diamondback
08-18-19, 21:58
I will find out your secrets...
The question is, do you really WANT to know them? *sick, evil laugh*

"Some stories don't WANT to be told..."

:p

SteyrAUG
08-19-19, 00:16
The question is, do you really WANT to know them? *sick, evil laugh*

"Some stories don't WANT to be told..."

:p

Pretty sure I already posted everything, and I mean EVERYTHING on TOS 10+ years back. There is more than enough for a complete psych profile if anyone cared.

Bulletdog
08-19-19, 12:18
If you like VV, check out "Clay Pigeons". Fantastic movie and Vince at his best.

sundance435
08-20-19, 13:24
I couldn't stand him in "Hacksaw" and he was pretty uneven in season 2 of "True Detective". I thought he was pretty good in "Dragged Across Concrete" with Mel Gibson - he was credible as a burnt out cop in that.