PDA

View Full Version : Obama's application questionnaire.

pigglet
11-13-08, 18:47
Just a lurker here and have learned a lot from it. I made the mistake of listening to CNN and heard Obama has a pretty lengthy application questionnaire. I took a look at it and found question #59 a little interesting.

Here's a link
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/11/13/obamaquestionnaire.pdf.pdf

MAUSER202
11-13-08, 21:10
Whats it an application for?

pigglet
11-13-08, 21:17
To work for him, here's a link to the article on CNN's website.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/13/transition.questionnaire/index.html

M1A2_Tanker
11-13-08, 21:34
Question 59 reads:

(59) Do you or any members of your immediate family own a gun? If so, provide complete ownership and registration information. Has the registration ever lapsed? Please also describe how and by whom it is used and whether it has been the cause of any personal injuries or property damage.

:rolleyes:

Left Sig
11-13-08, 21:48
Written like a true Chicago politician who doesn't understand that guns don't have to be registered in most other areas.

It sounds like he doesn't want to run into any accusations of hypocrisy when his gun ban agenda is promoted by politicians in his administration who had "special" carry licenses in restricted states. It's OK for them, just not for us.

rubberneck
11-13-08, 22:42
I think the President elect would shit a brick if some of the members here were to list all the guns we own.:D

BlueForce
11-14-08, 13:31
I think the President elect would shit a brick if some of the members here were to list all the guns we own.:D

Dear RUBBERNECK:

We appreciate you applying for the position at THE WHITE HOUSE.

Unfortunately we interviewed many applicants in the job search process and hired another individual whose credentials and qualifications were better suited for our needs.

Thus we will not be offering you the position, but thank you for your interest.

If a need arises for us to contact you in the future, we will do so and you have our continued good wishes.

Very truly yours,

Barack H. Obama

Ridge_Runner_5
11-14-08, 18:09
My mom worked for Boeing in the 80s and early 90s...she tells me she had to do the same thing...all the same questions except for those related to the internet...

BlueForce
11-14-08, 18:12
You have to answer a lot of detailed questions to obtain a security clearance, but you do not have to discuss or reveal anything about gun ownership.

rightwingmaniac
11-16-08, 02:58
Gun Owners Not Welcome on Obama's White House Team?
Friday, November 14, 2008
By Susan Jones, Senior Editor

President-elect Obama at a press conference in Chicago, Friday, Nov. 7, 2008. Standing behind Obama are (L-R) Vice President-elect Biden, Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm, former Fed Chairman Paul Volcker and incoming Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel. (AP Photo/Charles Dharapak)(CNSNews.com) – President-elect Barack Obama’s transition team is showing its hostility toward lawful firearm owners by “weeding out” job applicants who own firearms themselves, a Second Amendment group says.

The Illinois State Rifle Association (ISRA) notes that question 59 – part of a 63-item questionnaire given to Obama administration job applicants – asks for information about firearms owned by the applicant and his or her family.

Found in the questionnaire’s “Miscellaneous” section, question 59 reads, “Do you or any members of your immediate family own a gun? If so, provide complete ownership and registration information. Has the registration ever lapsed? Please also describe how and by whom it is used and whether it has been the cause of any personal injuries or property damage.”

Other questions in the Miscellaneous section ask about the applicant’s postings on Facebook and MySpace Web sites; health and medical status; associations with groups that could be used against the applicant; and any other information that could prove embarrassing to the applicant.

Although it’s not clear that gun ownership would disqualify a job applicant, ISRA says question 59 shows the Obama team’s “distaste” for firearm owners.

"Question 59 provides clear insight into how Obama and his people perceive firearm owners," said ISRA Executive Director Richard Pearson. “The questionnaire poses a number of questions asking the applicant to reveal any unethical activities, or embarrassing Internet chats, then wraps up by asking if anyone in the applicant's family owns a firearm. Obviously, Obama feels that owning a firearm is akin to talking dirty in Internet chat rooms.”

Pearson says the attitude is not surprising, given that Obama – as an Illinois State senator -- voted for SB1195, which included a provision calling for gun owners to be registered in the same manner as sex offenders.

"Once again, we have to ask ourselves just what candidate Obama was talking about when he said he has 'respect' for the 2nd Amendment," said Pearson.

ISRA, which describes itself as an advocate of safe, lawful and responsible firearms ownership, has posted a copy of the questionnaire on its Web site.

The National Rifle Association also noted the anti-Second Amendment implications of the Obama's team's employment questionnaire:

"[A]s this litmus test shows, they have every intention of putting together an administration that is hostile to firearms ownership and to Second Amendment rights," said NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre.

"One of their first official acts is to make a list of gun owners among their own employees. It proves where their hearts are. It shows what their philosophy is. This is more proof that this administration is coming after our freedom and NRA stands ready."

BlueForce
11-16-08, 09:45
[QUOTE=rightwingmaniac;250883]Other questions in the Miscellaneous section ask about...associations with groups that could be used against the applicant; and any other information that could prove embarrassing to the applicant. /QUOTE]

You mean like associations with groups and people like:

Frank Marshall Davis?
Dr. Khalid al Mansour?
William Ayers?
Bernadine Dorn?
Tony Rezko?
Emil Jones Jr.?
Khalid Rashidi?
Rev. Michael Pfleger?
Rev. Jeremiah Wright?
Louis Farrakhan?
Raila Odinga?
Nadhmi Auchi?
The New Party?
The Woods fund?
ACORN?

Yes, under no circumstances should he hire anyone like that!

How exactly could he find a candidate worse than himself?

dbrowne1
11-16-08, 11:06
I think most of the folks on these forums could truthfully answer "no" to that question, given that it asks if you own "a" gun.

Gutshot John
11-16-08, 11:21
I think most of the folks on these forums could truthfully answer "no" to that question, given that it asks if you own "a" gun.

And the definition of "is" is? I like the way you think. :D

Seriously though, I'm not qualified to work in the Obama White House? I'm devastated, I feel like I've been shot in the gut. ;)

Guess I'll just have to devote my time to supporting the 2a.

rightwingmaniac
11-16-08, 21:59
[QUOTE=rightwingmaniac;250883]Other questions in the Miscellaneous section ask about...associations with groups that could be used against the applicant; and any other information that could prove embarrassing to the applicant. /QUOTE]

You mean like associations with groups and people like:

Frank Marshall Davis?
Dr. Khalid al Mansour?
William Ayers?
Bernadine Dorn?
Tony Rezko?
Emil Jones Jr.?
Khalid Rashidi?
Rev. Michael Pfleger?
Rev. Jeremiah Wright?
Louis Farrakhan?
Raila Odinga?
Nadhmi Auchi?
The New Party?
The Woods fund?
ACORN?

Yes, under no circumstances should he hire anyone like that!

How exactly could he find a candidate worse than himself?

i guess bomb makers get a free pass this time around huh

CarlosDJackal
11-17-08, 00:36
I hope that someone who applies for a job and gets rejected becausethey refuse to answer that question sues the pants off bho.

Has anyone else heard the story that good ol' barrack failing to register for the Selective Service until just this year? If I remember it right, it was one of the questions I had to answer in order to apply for my clearances (DOS and DOD). If it is true that bho never registered for it, then he is in violation of Federal Law!!

sixboysdad
11-17-08, 05:26
First, I have no idea why anyone who frequents this forum or any like it would want to work in Obama's WHite House.

Second, I wonder what would happen if someone answered, "Yes, I do own a gun. No. I will not volunteer any registration information about it, because the Constitution of the United States, which you, as a Senator, swore an oath to uphold, and which you will, as the President of the United States, swear an oath to uphold, enumerates the right to keep and bear arms as an individual right, per the US Supreme Court Decision Heller vs. Washington D.C, and I don't have to.

Third, my own answer would have to be something along the lines of what my good friend Bender would say, "Bite my shiny metal ass."

Of course, I am not looking for a job working for Obamessiah.

And finally, please, please, tell me that no one here is actually surprised by this revelation.

Sam
11-17-08, 05:37
In that case, the whole Secret Service protection detail for him should not carry guns at all.

ST911
11-17-08, 10:47
My mom worked for Boeing in the 80s and early 90s...she tells me she had to do the same thing...all the same questions except for those related to the internet...

Some of the more comprehensive personal history statements in LE BGI packets include a good sampling of them as well.

No, I don't own a gun. Carry? I never carry a gun either. :D

I hope that someone who applies for a job and gets rejected becausethey refuse to answer that question sues the pants off bho.

Unlikely to be successful. Depending on some particulars and how they're used, most of that stuff is quite permissible, and has been around in different venues for years.

mmike87
11-17-08, 11:30
Not to take Obamessia's side - but I suspect those questions are pretty standard for this type of environment. Not saying I agree with it, but I suspect that applicant's to the Bush white house answered similar questions.

Now, if it was ME - I'd ask the same question. However, if you were a gun owner you'd get PREFERENTIAL treatment in my White House!

Vote for me, 2012!

BlueForce
11-17-08, 11:54
Here's what normally gets asked:

http://www.opm.gov/Forms/pdf_fill/sf86.pdf

Obama has made his own questionnaire, and the addition of the firearms ownership question is unique.