PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had an Eotech Exps mount come loose?

Run N Shoot
08-24-19, 09:09
Was at the range yesterday and was having some inconsistency in groups. I checked and sure enough there was some front to back play and some side to side movement. I will chalk it up to user error at install but I was certain to push it forward when locking it down when I first got it and setting the screw tight enough to eliminate it. Since this is my first EOTECH I was not certain if this was something anyone else had encountered. Thankfully I have time to get back to the range before taking a class next weekend.

Wake27
08-24-19, 10:09
I have not, what model were you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Run N Shoot
08-24-19, 10:23
It is an EXPS 2. Once I get back in front of it I am going to see if I can add some loctite . I have not had any type of QD mount loosen up so this is a new one on me.

ggammell
08-24-19, 11:33
I did. Because I didn’t tighten it well enough before closing the QD.

Ryno12
08-24-19, 15:17
Yes, I’ve seen that happen with those mounts. Not sure if there’s stretch in the hardware or some “crush” in the rail or a little of both. Anyway, retighten the adjustment on the lever and monitor. May have to tighten a couple of times before it is set.

L-2
11-09-19, 18:17
I've just got to remember to periodically check anything screwed onto my ARs.
The other day while out shooting, I noticed one of my Eotech EXPS hood screws missing.
Whether it fell off a minute ago or a month ago, I don't know.
I put a regular 6-32 screw in for a few days until my order of replacement screws arrived.
On that very same range trip, while shooting my front back-up-iron-sight flew off.
I think "periodically" will now mean for me to check all these screws as I clean the gun each time after shooting.

To answer the question in Post_1, "no". I've not (yet) had my Eotech's mount loosen up.