PDA

View Full Version : Favorite K-Cups?

Grand58742
08-28-19, 11:59
I'm often on the lookout for some reasonably decent K-cups at the office. I love the Black Rifle AK-47 espresso blend, but I've recently gotten into the Brown Gold Single Origin Kenyan blend as well.

Any suggestions on K-cups anyone has found to their liking?

CRAMBONE
08-28-19, 12:20
Honestly, I quit using them due to the waste. I tried the reuseable cups and they work pretty and allow you to use whatever brand and flavor you like. I have gone back to using a pot or my French press on the weekends.

NWPilgrim
08-28-19, 12:29
Safeway/Albertson’s Organic Ethiopia.

When I roast my own beans I prefer them from one of the co-ops in Ethiopia. Just happens to be the origin of Arabica beans. The Organics k-cups Ethiopia has pretty decent flavor for a ground coffee.

Business_Casual
08-28-19, 15:03
Gevalia Royal Dark Roast for me.

Sam
08-28-19, 15:18
Whatever the cheapest for me.

kerplode
08-28-19, 16:15

Same here. Lately that's mostly been Kirkland Breakfast Blend in the giant box from Costco.

I can get unlimited fancy-locally-roasted-boutique-organic-ground-and-brewed-one-cup-at-a-time-by-a-$30k-coffee-robot coffee for free at work during the week, so don't mind a couple cups of the cheap stuff on the weekend. Helps keep it real.

rero360
08-28-19, 17:05
I’ve been going with the Coffee Shop brand for a while now. I prefer the Kauai coffee company medium roast but it doesn’t taste like it should out of the machine at home, which is due to our shitty water. I’m going to be get a Halo whole house water treatment system installed hopefully in a few months. That’ll improve the lifespan of our appliances and hopefully improve our health and improve the taste of the coffee. There is so much dissolved minerals and lord knows what else in our water.

flenna
08-28-19, 17:55

C-cups are my preference. But with k-cups I get the big 48 count box of inexpensive ones from Big Lots. Lately, though, I have been using the reusable cup with Guatemalan Huehuetenango or Lavazza.

AKDoug
08-28-19, 18:59
I like Green Mountain Breakfast blend and the Dunkin' Donuts. I'm the only one that drinks coffee in my house, and I only make one cup a day. Otherwise I'd be firing up my peculator.

Alex V
08-28-19, 19:11
I usually don’t like coffee. Always been a tea guy but I will say, I like Silencer Smooth from Black Rifle Coffee. Plus I’m supporting a veteran owned business so it makes me feel better. Wife is a big coffee drinker and loves it.

PatrioticDisorder
08-28-19, 19:27
Cinnabon, it’s all I buy.

MegademiC
08-28-19, 22:00
I'm often on the lookout for some reasonably decent K-cups at the office. I love the Black Rifle AK-47 espresso blend, but I've recently gotten into the Brown Gold Single Origin Kenyan blend as well.

Any suggestions on K-cups anyone has found to their liking?

I have the make-your-own reusable ones and fill it with my coffee of choice.

rero360
08-28-19, 22:54
I have the make-your-own reusable ones and fill it with my coffee of choice.

I bought one a few years ago from bed, bath and beyond and while it works, it’s a real PITA to get truly clean.

SilverBullet432
08-28-19, 23:43
We just ditched K cups and bought a hand-pour style machine. The taste experience is fantastic!

elephant
08-30-19, 00:36
Donut shop!

26 Inf
08-30-19, 01:59
I was going to say Sheridan Larkman, but I see you are talking about coffee.

Uni-Vibe
08-30-19, 08:56
K cups? My wife's been a C and a D and that's plenty.

WillBrink
08-30-19, 09:05
K Cups are the DPMS of coffee :dance3:

MegademiC
08-30-19, 10:55
K Cups are the DPMS of coffee :dance3:

This is true. A real espresso machine is the way to go, just as fast as a Kurig. Cost is not close though.

WillBrink
08-30-19, 11:02
This is true. A real espresso machine is the way to go, just as fast as a Kurig. Cost is not close though.

I'd bet $ per serving, a mug made from say a French press is less than a K cup, but there's a number of variables that would alter that one. K cup is paying for convenience. Espresso machine may be the KAC of coffee machines, but there's a lot of choices between DPMS and KAC. I still find French press favorite method of making coffee taste wise, and a French press runs all of $20. Having said that, drinking unfiltered coffee can raise lipids in some, so most of the time I use filtered coffee maker which I'd bet still less $ per serving than K cup in the longer term.

26 Inf
08-30-19, 12:17
Donut shop!

That is also what I drink - although I use decaf. For me the water is important. I don't drink tap water at home, we have a 3/5 gallon chiller and I get Mountain Stream processed water at a local kiosk.

I drink more tea than coffee by far, especially since I'm not working, so I've gone to Walker's Brewed Tea Concentrate. I have a shot glass marked with just the right amount per gallon, I use Ozarka spring water for tea.

I'm a simple person. Crown Royal, MGDL or Mick Ultra when I drink alcohol (rarely), Spyderco Rescue knife, Timex Ironman watch.

MegademiC
08-30-19, 12:20
I'd bet $ per serving, a mug made from say a French press is less than a K cup, but there's a number of variables that would alter that one. K cup is paying for convenience. Espresso machine may be the KAC of coffee machines, but there's a lot of choices between DPMS and KAC. I still find French press favorite method of making coffee taste wise, and a French press runs all of $20. Having said that, drinking unfiltered coffee can raise lipids in some, so most of the time I use filtered coffee maker which I'd bet still less $ per serving than K cup in the longer term.

Try a chemex. Its the exact opposite of a french press (ultra filtered - very clean/smooth coffee with no oils). The same coffee will taste completely different than when made in a FP but its delicious in its own way.
Its my favorite non-machine method followed closely by FP.

Belmont31R
08-30-19, 14:45
I don't know how people enjoy pre ground coffee or even whole bean that's not fresh roasted. Coffee is totally different if its been roasted in the week or two prior to brewing, and ground just before serving. I got extremely lucky having a coffee shop less than a mile from my house where they roast in the store, and date each package. They charge $12 a # when store bought is often $7-9 for 12oz, and who knows when that crap was actually roasted/packaged. Could have been 6 months ago or longer.

I use a French press, and Ill even use water out of a 1 gal jug to avoid our nasty tasting tap water during the summer. If you use any type of machine think about the water you are using. Every Keurig machine Ive seen that's used often has mineral build up and don't get cleaned like they should. My MIL has to use cleaning tablets in her espresso machine just about monthly. A lot of that is all the junk in tap water.

JoshNC
08-30-19, 18:55
There is no favorite K cup, because all K cups make garbage coffee. I drink K cup coffee when I must, because no other good vessel for caffeine exists. Nespresso pods are another story and make delicious espresso based coffee.