PDA

View Full Version : Comments on this optic?

Fringe
11-14-08, 08:21
http://www.snipercountrypx.com/pc-938-804-leupold-lrt-m1-35-10x40-mil-dot-52128.aspx

Thanks.

Mo_Zam_Beek
11-14-08, 13:55
There's not much to say. For the most part they work very well. Occassionally the spit out a canted retical but they will make good on it with no problem. If you are buying - make sure it is a real Loopy and not a Chinese knock off. I wouldn't pay $999 for it; they are all over the place in near NIB for about $700 with the lit feature included. The other question is to do want MILs or TMR and M1, M2 or M3 adjustments.

Good luck

Fringe
11-14-08, 14:02
Where do you find them for $700? I don't think I will care much for the illuminated reticle so that is not a big issue. I am just trying to find a good scope without cutting corners.
Thanks.

Bachelorjack
11-15-08, 00:31
For that kind of money you should buy a used nightforce NXS off of snipershide.com.

The glass is better, adjustments better,.....the list keeps growing.

Dave L.
11-15-08, 01:37
I think Mil-dots suck. The TMR (Tactical Milling Reticle) will serve you much better if you learn how to use it.
I have a Mk 5 3.5-10X40 Illum. TMR. It's been a great scope.

Limey-
11-15-08, 01:47
It depends on your needs...Benchrest, hunting, a square range or a two way range:eek:.

The price is too much. look at the 'Hide' or here or ARFCOM. Get 'lightly used'.
I too would recommend the Nightforce and think about your magnification needs.
You can always dial your 4.5-22X down but your going to find that for many applications you wish you could turn the '10X' up.

Lots of great threads out there. "search" is your friend. SWFA have decent deals.

Surf
11-15-08, 16:54
Very good optic and I am a big fan of Leupold on a working gun. Leupold is not the most expensive or the cheapest but I feel they are very very good for what you get in relation to the price.

I like both Mil dots (provided they are not ovals) and I also like the TMR reticle. It really can come down to a matter of taste and what one is used to.

Fringe
11-17-08, 09:48
Thanks guys. This will be my first set-up of this nature so I have no preference between the TMR and the Mil-Dot.
I have looked for used and have had no luck, they are either too big or too big and 3 or 400 more dollars.
Dave, did you mean Mk4? I have not seen a Mk5. Looks like the same scope if so just different reticle.
Thanks.