PDA

View Full Version : You are an inter-galactic bounty hunter, what weapons do you choose? Nerds only.

RetroRevolver77
09-01-19, 23:11
I've waited over three decades for the Star Wars franchise to do a proper spin off about the Mandalorians, hopefully they don't screw up this series.

You are a Mandalorian bounty hunter merc, you can choose one carbine, one sub gun, one handgun, and one knife.

I choose;

Steyr AUG A3 with A2 extended rail, B&T APC 9C, Glock 17L, and one Karambit folder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOC8E8z_ifw

RR77

Boy Scout
09-01-19, 23:36
1. Phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range
2. A180 blaster pistol (with auto rifle AND sniper rifle mods)
3. Sonic Shotgun (less lethal option)

Bonus points for anyone who’s a nerd like me and knows where they’re all from...

MountainRaven
09-01-19, 23:46
Mark II Cawl Pattern Bolt Carbine (and a Deathwatch kill team's loadout of various ammunition types), MP7A1, Type-2 Phaser, lightsaber.

Diamondback
09-02-19, 00:43
Longarm - four words: "I call her Vera."
Subgun - not sure, will think on and get back to you. I *like* Thompsons, but they're just too big and heavy unless you can pull off a '20s-'40s Noir look.
Pistol - 7" Longslide 1911 chambered in 10mm, beefed up frame and slide to take original-spec full-pressure ammo rather than current "Minus-P."
Knife - Unsure.

RetroRevolver77
09-02-19, 00:59
Longarm - four words: "I call her Vera."
Subgun - not sure, will think on and get back to you. I *like* Thompsons, but they're just too big and heavy unless you can pull off a '20s-'40s Noir look.
Pistol - 7" Longslide 1911 chambered in 10mm, beefed up frame and slide to take original-spec full-pressure ammo rather than current "Minus-P."
Knife - Unsure.

You will die and cannot be a Mandalorian.

Diamondback
09-02-19, 01:08
You will die and cannot be a Mandalorian.

Did I forget to mention a T-800 riding shotgun with a 40-watt phased plasma rifle? My bad.

EDIT: Interpreting "subgun" loosely to include intermediate-calibers approaching carbine length, GL/SSC loaded with M995 Black Tip.

RetroRevolver77
09-02-19, 01:13
Did I forget to mention a T-800 riding shotgun with a 40-watt phased plasma rifle? My bad.

EDIT: Interpreting "subgun" loosely to include intermediate-calibers approaching carbine length, GL/SSC loaded with M995 Black Tip.

You cannot bring other movie characters into the Mandalorian experience.

You are the fat half pig body guard that gets eaten by the Rancor for not understanding the directives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZy6G_vz_Ng

Diamondback
09-02-19, 01:25
You didn't state that or any other rules up front, now you're just playing Calvinball... :p If that's the case I call FOUL on MountainRaven's phaser too, which admittedly would be a practical choice.

Oh, and while we're at it on the ground I'm rocking a DeLorean for a ride, because what more powerful weapon is there than time itself, and the ability to make your target have never even existed in the first place?

RetroRevolver77
09-02-19, 01:29
You didn't state that or any other rules up front, now you're just playing Calvinball... :p If that's the case I call FOUL on MountainRaven's phaser too, which admittedly would be a practical choice.

Oh, and while we're at it on the ground I'm rocking a DeLorean for a ride, because what more powerful weapon is there than time itself, and the ability to make your target have never even existed in the first place?

Enough shenanigans. Deloreans can't even jump into hyper space.

Diamondback
09-02-19, 01:39
I didn't say a word about the ship to haul it, any more than you did about any rules, "Calvin"... :D Though a YT-1300 variant might work there, since I doubt I'd be able to get a Star Destroyer of my own.

RetroRevolver77
09-02-19, 01:42
I didn't say a word about the ship to haul it, any more than you did about any rules, "Calvin"... :D Though a YT-1300 variant might work there, since I doubt I'd be able to get a Star Destroyer of my own.

The only rules were what weapons you would carry if you were an inter-galactic bounty hunter.

Diamondback
09-02-19, 01:43
Hey, Boba Fett ripped off a Star Destroyer all by himself, and then there was Booster Terrik with the Errant Venture...

RetroRevolver77
09-02-19, 01:47
Hey, Boba Fett ripped off a Star Destroyer all by himself, and then there was Booster Terrik with the Errant Venture...

I don't even remember that to be honest.

MountainRaven
09-02-19, 02:21
Boba Fett did manage to scuttle a Venator-class star destroyer, actually. Single-handedly.

As a child.

Diamondback
09-02-19, 02:23
Boba Fett did manage to scuttle a Venator-class star destroyer, actually. Single-handedly.

As a child.

And ripped off an Imperial right out of KDY's con-docks at the end of Hard Merchandise. MountainRaven, this guy's trolling us, and I'm outta here.

Firefly
09-02-19, 06:32
1. SR-25 ECC
2. Colt SMG
3. S&W Model 629 4"
4. Some custom made tanto thing

The_War_Wagon
09-02-19, 10:24
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/warehouse/v1.0/publiccontent/3a132ff6-955c-4f10-a1dd-532be9d8694a

lowprone
09-02-19, 17:08
22 Century Gyro Jet pistol for personal protection , RPG 2212 .

MountainRaven
09-02-19, 17:14
And ripped off an Imperial right out of KDY's con-docks at the end of Hard Merchandise. MountainRaven, this guy's trolling us, and I'm outta here.

Hard Merch isn't canon, any more.

But the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode, "Death Trap," still is.

SteyrAUG
09-02-19, 17:37
M41A Pulse Rifle

jwfuhrman
09-02-19, 18:04
12.5 in BCM SBR with Vortex 1-6 and offset T2
APC 9C w/ T2
G45 MOS w/ RMR
BCM Colonel blade

Firefly
09-02-19, 18:18
So many normie loadouts.....except mine.

MountainRaven
09-02-19, 18:22
So many normie loadouts.....except mine.

Said the normie with the normie-est loadout of all.

The Dumb Gun Collector
09-02-19, 18:28
1911. Two spare mags.

Firefly
09-02-19, 19:54
Said the normie with the normie-est loadout of all.

.....stay out of the South as those are duelling words.....

ETA you know what let me essplain...

1. SR25. It literally does everything. pulse rifles seem cool until you realize it does nothing an MP5 10mm doesnt already do.

2. Colt SMG. It handles all 9mm short work.

3. A .44 magnum because if I am hunting monsters I want something with oomph. I may get a 460 but kinda like 6 rounds

4. A tanto because tantos

Diamondback
09-02-19, 20:15
Hard Merch isn't canon, any more.

But the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode, "Death Trap," still is.

Anything post Mouse Infestation and SJW Wars doesn't count in my book. If Lucas were HALF as sharp as everybody made him out to be he would have insisted that established canon be considered binding, rather than leaving the door open for Kathleen Kennedy to drop her buttfloss and drizzleshit all over everything.

Ya know, I never thought I'd say this, but thank God for that little shithead whatshisname killing the Indy movies so KK couldn't do the same thing to that franchise...

OH58D
09-02-19, 20:18
Since I could never be an interstellar ground pounder (11A), I'd be orbiting the kill box launching photon torpedoes. Oh wait, we're talking Star Wars, not Star Trek - gotta keep my Space Operas sorted out.

The_War_Wagon
09-02-19, 20:27
Since I could never be an interstellar ground pounder (11A), I'd be orbiting the kill box launching photon torpedoes. Oh wait, we're talking Star Wars, not Star Trek - gotta keep my Space Operas sorted out.

That's what I'M talkin' about! I'M not joining the "Away team" - I'm gonna be commanding this crate, so whatever weaponry it has, is MY "personal" weaponry! :dance3:

sgtrock82
09-02-19, 20:53
Since I could never be an interstellar ground pounder (11A), I'd be orbiting the kill box launching photon torpedoes. Oh wait, we're talking Star Wars, not Star Trek - gotta keep my Space Operas sorted out.I do believe you could still use the off brand "proton" torpedoes, as used by the rebel x-wings to destroy the death star in the original movie. Function is the same, more economical packaging. Dumb Trekkies are just paying extra for the "photon" name.

Im not nerd enough to know the names but Id have the basic stormtrooper rifle. Its probably the AK of that portion of time and space and found throughout their galaxy. so I suppose logistics should be easy. And thermal detonators, lots of thermal detonators.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

09-02-19, 20:58
SR-16/T5Xi +5 mags

PX4 +2 mags

Mini-frags

A couple 9 bangers, just ‘cause

Radio

Nods/La5

Maker’s Mark

Eagle kit

Some good pics of Reilly Reid

Also Halle Berry

Also Jenna Jameson

And that other girl, with the red hair

And Carrie Fisher

Signal panel

Smokes or Cope

Motrin

IFAK

Alien Tinder

Surgilube

Rubbers

Ranger Panties, flip flops, light coat of CLP

More pron

A handle of Skyy

Guinness

pinzgauer
09-02-19, 21:17
Im not nerd enough to know the names but Id have the basic stormtrooper rifle. Its probably the AK of that portion of time and space and found throughout their galaxy.

Everybody knows those things are not reliable, puke where they eat. And can't handle a beach assault.

#STORMTROOPERMARKSMANSHIP

1000 stormtroopers can't all be bad shots!

MountainRaven
09-02-19, 21:23
Anything post Mouse Infestation and SJW Wars doesn't count in my book. If Lucas were HALF as sharp as everybody made him out to be he would have insisted that established canon be considered binding, rather than leaving the door open for Kathleen Kennedy to drop her buttfloss and drizzleshit all over everything.

Ya know, I never thought I'd say this, but thank God for that little shithead whatshisname killing the Indy movies so KK couldn't do the same thing to that franchise...

I guess you don't remember the hell that was the fifteen layers of canon in pre-mouse Star Wars, and the massive fustercluck that was canon when the prequels were coming out. At least under Disney, all canon is unified, and you don't have to worry about the next movie running over your favorite bit of canon from a book, or a book trampling a video game, &c.

Adrenaline_6
09-02-19, 22:23
Hmmm....

MWC - 35c repeater - because reloading is stupid and unnecessary

Wrist rockets

Ezra lightsaber pistol

...Boom

Uni-Vibe
09-02-19, 22:26
My Colt LE6920

The_War_Wagon
09-03-19, 10:32
SR-16/T5Xi +5 mags

PX4 +2 mags

Mini-frags

A couple 9 bangers, just ‘cause

Radio

Nods/La5

Maker’s Mark

Eagle kit

Some good pics of Reilly Reid

Also Halle Berry

Also Jenna Jameson

And that other girl, with the red hair

And Carrie Fisher

Signal panel

Smokes or Cope

Motrin

IFAK

Alien Tinder

Surgilube

Rubbers

Ranger Panties, flip flops, light coat of CLP

More pron

A handle of Skyy

Guinness

I'm serving on this ship, since I know who the Captain is now! :jester: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Ia0LdQ9B2fw/TqRaRnI7rUI/AAAAAAAAAC8/RqIzQNwujDY/s1600/Zapp_Brannigan.png

MountainRaven
09-03-19, 13:21
I'm serving on this ship, since I know who the Captain is now! :jester: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Ia0LdQ9B2fw/TqRaRnI7rUI/AAAAAAAAAC8/RqIzQNwujDY/s1600/Zapp_Brannigan.png

Ah, yes, the man who successfully defeated an army of killbots by just throwing his men at them until the killbots' pre-set kill limit was reached. Simply brilliant.

:sarcastic: