PDA

View Full Version : Protective lens covers for high dollar LPVO?

titsonritz
09-04-19, 03:42
What protective scope caps/lens covers are you guys using on your Kahles K16i, NF 1x8 ATACR/NX8 and Razor 1-8 type optics? Must be/fold completely out of the way when weapon is in use (not like a Mickey Mouse ear).

Eurodriver
09-04-19, 05:36
I put Vortex flip caps on my NX8 1-8

09-04-19, 05:46
I’d like to add to the list what are y’all using with your P4Xi’s. Because I don’t have any flip covers yet.

VortexOptics
09-04-19, 08:31
What protective scope caps/lens covers are you guys using on your Kahles K16i, NF 1x8 ATACR/NX8 and Razor 1-8 type optics? Must be/fold completely out of the way when weapon is in use (not like a Mickey Mouse ear).

Our Defender Flip Caps are probably some of the most indestructible flip caps out there and fit most optics - even ones that aren't ours - if you match up the objective sizes to your respective optic's objective size. They also fold completely flat so you don't have goofy mickey mouse ears sticking up off your scope lol

gunnerblue
09-04-19, 09:13
I use Aadmounts- very tough, quick to activate and they fold flat along the optic.

Furbyballer
09-04-19, 09:48
the vortex offerings or the tenebrex lens covers have worked for me.

Tx_Aggie
09-04-19, 10:26
I have the Vortex Defenders on several scopes (Vortex Razors, Trijicon Accupoint, etc) and am a big fan. They are extremely tough and I love that they can flip completely out of the way when open.

Tenebrex covers are also a solid choice, as are the covers made by Aadmounts.

grizzman
09-04-19, 12:46
I have a Tenebrex and an Aadmount, and neither of them lie flat against the scope when open.

I'm going to buy a Vortex set soon.

JoshNC
09-04-19, 21:48

They are nice. They fold flat, install easily, and the housing that installs on the optic is rubber. I have them on my K16i. Also have AAD lens covers, which are excellent, though I don’t use on the K16i because the release/locking lever interferes with the charging handle.

Defaultmp3
09-04-19, 23:44
I swapped out the Tenebraex that came with my ATACR 1-8x and put on Aadmounts. Also use them on my K16i. The Tenebraex were fairly nice, but didn't lay flat, and didn't feel quite as robust as the Aadmounts.

titsonritz
09-05-19, 17:06
They are nice. They fold flat, install easily, and the housing that installs on the optic is rubber. I have them on my K16i. Also have AAD lens covers, which are excellent, though I don’t use on the K16i because the release/locking lever interferes with the charging handle.

That's is good to know. A K16i is what I'm putting them on.

Thanks everyone for your insight.

maximus83
09-05-19, 17:55

Does NX8 series include lens covers? Just ordered a new NX8 (2.5-20) from Sport Optics, don't have it yet, but they said it includes lens caps.

For a Vortex Razor I got the Vortex Defenders.

On anything Leupold--got check out the alumina covers--they are awesome and I like that they don't add to the O.D. of the scope. On the 6HD series they are generally included.

Outlander Systems
09-05-19, 18:41
The Vortex defenders are pretty freaking nice.

Eurodriver
09-05-19, 19:06
Does NX8 series include lens covers? Just ordered a new NX8 (2.5-20) from Sport Optics, don't have it yet, but they said it includes lens caps.

On anything Leupold--got check out the alumina covers--they are awesome and I like that they don't add to the O.D. of the scope. On the 6HD series they are generally included.

The NX8 1-8 came with rubber caps. They were shit. I think my dog ate one. So now it is literally shit.

It was better as dog food than as a lens cover.

So sayeth me...

maximus83
09-05-19, 19:17
The NX8 1-8 came with rubber caps. They were shit. I think my dog ate one. So now it is literally shit.

So sayeth me...

Good to know--dang. So another thing I'm gonna have to buy... :cool:

RHINOWSO
09-05-19, 19:54
http://shop.aadmount.com/Flip-Up-Caps_c7.htm

I typically only get a front cap.

Tx_Aggie
09-06-19, 08:14

So sayeth me...

:sarcastic:

SBRSarge
09-13-19, 01:27

I just got my 2.5-20 and it came with Tenebraex covers.

MaxTheCat
09-13-19, 07:36
@VortexOptics

Is this list still up to date?

https://www.sportoptics.com/product-downloads/Vortex-Defender-Caps-Fit-Guide.pdf

Are there any caps made for other scopes that fit the K16i?

LMT/556
09-13-19, 22:17
I went bikini on my ATACR 4x16x42.

titsonritz
10-18-19, 14:31
Got my Aadland caps yesterday, ordered 10/1 arrived 10/17 not bad at all, to make and ship the best scope caps I've seen.

RHINOWSO
10-19-19, 09:11
Got my Aadland caps yesterday, ordered 10/1 arrived 10/17 not bad at all, to make and ship the best scope caps I've seen.

Yeah, they typically get to you in 2-3 weeks if backorder; I've even had it fast.

They are great too if you end up only wanting a front cap and will take the rear back up to several months later (I have both front and rear on my NXS, and fronts only on NX8 & Vortex PST 1-6x).

WS6
01-15-23, 17:40
I would really like if the OEM rubber NX8 caps were bikini style so I could just "pull them down" below the optic and not lose them, yet they would 100% be out of the way for magnification changes, etc. Does anyone make such a quality product that fits NX8? The Butler Creek reviews I've seen of their item seem to focus heavily on "it rotted in 3 weeks".

HKGuns
01-15-23, 18:16
I know you already have your caps, so this is for posterity I suppose.

I’ve converted to cheap bikini covers on all my scopes. I used to spend the money on flip caps, screw caps etc. when they weren’t included for all the scopes I own.

Springs break or wear out on the flippers and they’re always in the way. I know I’ll lose the screw caps at the range eventually, plus they don’t make it easy to figure out what size works on your scope.

Cheap Butler Creek bikinis are like 6 bucks, are well made and don’t get in the way. At that price you can always have spares on hand if they break or get lost.

LMT/556
01-16-23, 13:02
The Butler Creek reviews I've seen of their item seem to focus heavily on "it rotted in 3 weeks".
I've had good luck with Butler Creek covers myself.