PDA

View Full Version : Gas Port Size of LMT 10.5" Barrel??

No Bananas
11-14-08, 13:53
I'm curious becausse I've been told by more than a few that LMT manufactures their 10.5 " barrels with a smaller than standard gas port (for 10.5"). However, I've asked around and nobody seems to know this. Closest I got was a guy who said that he knew but that he signed a NDA w/ LMT and can't say :confused::rolleyes:. Anyway, has anyone removed the FSB and measured? Inquiring minds.....

Robb Jensen
11-14-08, 17:45
I've seen .071" on factory 10.5" LMTs.

Crash
11-18-08, 22:34
GotM4,

Can you tell me if there is any gas port size difference between the LMT 10.5 and 14.5/16 in barrel? The reason I'm asking is that I'm building my first SBR, and I'm concerned about the concentricity of the barrel threads. I've seen it recommended that a guy purchase a longer barrel and have it cut down to size, and ensure the threads are perfect, rather than risk the factory job with a can.

It may seem somewhat anal retentive, but I figure it is better to be cautious now, before the purchase, and figure out what is the best route to take.

Bayer
11-23-08, 04:55
My 16" M-4 profile LMT barrel came with a .062 gas port. I cut the barrel to 10.3" and opened the port to .081. Works great.