PDA

View Full Version : FN handguns...

Hawkeye
11-04-06, 18:36
Any of you have an FNP 9? I am curious to know how they are performing, likes, dislikes, etc. We had some in at the gunshop I used to work at, an they seemed like nice weapons. However, we had one come back with less than 100 rnds through it that was fubar in the inside.

LOKNLOD
11-04-06, 19:16
No experience with them at all, except for the same "they seem nice" observation. But I am curious about what was FUBAR'd inside of the one you got back?

Hawkeye
11-04-06, 20:39
Guy brought it back in and said it wouldnt fire. The trigger moved completely freely with no engagement of the hammer, and the hammer could be moved by hand freely, with virtually no spring pressure in return. I didnt do anything further other than instruct him to contact FN as soon as possible and told him I was sure that they would take care of it.

VA_Dinger
11-05-06, 08:18
Wait till Dport notices this thread. He owns one and shoots it very well.

His ran perfectly during a class we held last spring/summer (750-850 rounds).

Hawkeye
11-05-06, 08:53
Reason I am asking is, the ones I have handled felt pretty good in my hands, and for DA triggers, they felt really nice.

Dport
11-05-06, 13:03
I prefer the Browning version with the ability to carry cocked and locked. I've heard FN has made a version with the same trigger group, but I haven't seen one in that configuration yet.

One thing I will say, they sure do have a lot of parts and pieces to them. I'm used to a Glock and I'm simply amazed by all the pieces.

Your problem is the first I've heard with one, but to be honest, I'm not totally surprised, with all those parts something is bound to fail.

Yojimbo
11-12-06, 13:12
Dport,

Have you looked at the FNP 9M? If so, how do you feel it compares to a Glock 19?

The Browning version that allows cocked and locked carry sounds pretty neat!

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/images/051251m.jpg

BTW, how about a range report of your FNP? Let us know how you like it so far.

Dport
11-12-06, 19:25
Dport,

Have you looked at the FNP 9M? If so, how do you feel it compares to a Glock 19?
I haven't seen a 9M yet. I don't live near a gunshop that has one, unfortunately.
As for comparing it to the 19, I wouldn't be the person to do that. I haven't shot a 19 in 7 years.

BTW, how about a range report of your FNP? Let us know how you like it so far.
The Browning Pro-9 made it through a Vickers' class alright. I did replace the sights with Ameriglos and I think they're sighted in after a quick range session on Friday.

To me it's like shooting a SIG P228 that you can carry in condition one.

ShipWreck
03-04-07, 17:55
I have looked at these guns at gunshows before, and I really would like one. The one I dry fired had the smoothest DA pull I've ever felt on a DA/SA gun w/ an external hammer.

If U read all of the other sites, there is nothing but good comments on them.

M4Guru
03-05-07, 18:51
I used to have one. It shot really well and I liked the ergonomics. Mine was 100% reliable, but I only shot about 3K rounds through it. I couldn't find mags or holsters easily so I sold it.