PDA

View Full Version : Silver Eagle Group, Opening weekend Dec. 6th!

SilverEagle
11-14-08, 14:38
http://www.silvereagle-group.com/SIL001_HTML/news_head.gif

Silver Eagle Group will be opening its doors on Dec 6, 2008!

Be one of the first to come and see the premier Training facility and Private club in the country, located right here, in Northern VA!
We welcome all to enjoy the many offerings of this truly unique venue.

In Celebration of the Opening Weekend for two days Silver Eagle Group will be offering:

FREE Day Passes!
FREE Range Time!
FREE tours of the Scenario Area!
FREE Shooting and Scenario-based Demonstrations by the Silver Eagle Tactical Group
Guided Facility Tours!

Opening Weekend Events will also include:

Giveaways
One-Time Membership Specials
Merchandise Discounts
Manufacturer Representatives
And much more!
Opening weekend (December 6-7)

* Range time and scenario area time will be offered on a first come first serve basis so be sure to get here early to secure your spot!
* Doors open promptly at 10AM!

Silver Eagle Group
44620 Guilford Drive, Suite 100
Ashburn, VA 20147
703-245-9649
www.SilverEagle-Group.com

El Mac
11-15-08, 10:55
Holy cow!!:eek:

Jay Cunningham
11-15-08, 11:00
Moved to Training Course Announcements & AAR's forum.

Cold Zero
11-15-08, 12:22
Good luck with your new venture.

bkb0000
11-15-08, 13:28
Why can't someone build something high speed in oregon?

Jay Cunningham
11-15-08, 13:45
Why can't someone build something high speed in oregon?

http://www.thunderranchinc.com/

lindertw
11-15-08, 15:06
Is there an age restriction for range use? My 7 year old daughter shoots with me at the NRA range, and there's a chance she may come with me on 06DEC to check out your facility.

Thanks!

bkb0000
11-15-08, 15:57
http://www.thunderranchinc.com/

well i'll be a sunnabitch... you been there? how's their training?

m4fun
11-15-08, 21:11
Very cool - will have to eat into some family time to check this out.

ErnieB
11-17-08, 19:57
Guys,

I had a chance to check out Silver Eagle Group's new facility over the weekend. It is going to be VERY impressive when it's finished. I would take full advantage of the grand opening on December 6 to check out what they have to offer.

Boss Hogg
11-28-08, 21:03
What are Silver Eagle's rates going to be like?

JSGlock34
12-07-08, 20:03
Did anyone get over to Silver Eagle this weekend? I was out of town but am very interested.

m4fun
12-07-08, 20:34
Was nice - crowded. Looks like a nice indoor range with lots and lots of extra bling that some might like, but a little over the tops for me for just a range. Facility wise for training, defiantely looks like this is where things can work, right down to the coffee bar.

Price, that is a different deal entirely. I think the founders rate was something like $50K with a monthly fee and the family rate was a one time $7500 and extra. Probably not the economy for these guys to be coming out right now. All the AOL/MCI millionaries are gone. Now, unless they are set on getting some $$$ from local LEO/Govt/PRivate Contractors...

I had my youngest with me, so never really had a chance to catch a "regular" show-up and shoot rate. I am closer to NRA and already am a member at both the Fairfax/Arlington IWLA in Centreville and BRA in Chantilly, so I dont think this will be a regular stop for me.

SilverEagle
12-14-08, 09:40
We have begun our training courses for December,

All courses start at 10 am, duration of course is dictated by level enrolled.

Dec. 20th, 21st, 27th and 28th. (Saturday and Sunday)

Pistol 101
Firearms basics, Pistol
Basic firearms safety
$50
1 hour

Pistol 110
Half day introduction to pistol
Marksmanship instruction
$125
4 hours

Pistol 120
Full day introduction to firearms, pistol
Weapons handling, drawing and use of movement
$250
8 hours

If you have any questions please feel free to visit our website at www.SilverEagle-group.com or call us directly at 703-723-5173

El Mac
12-18-08, 13:00
Why spend hard earned cash to go to a training facility that supports anti-gunners???

No thanks...

And I plan on putting the word out to all my buds in Virginia...just spent 12 years there and have plenty of gun buds that would love to know about this.

m4fun
12-18-08, 20:25
El Mac - I am lost - what are you referencing in "support anti-gunners"?

El Mac
12-18-08, 20:27
With pleasure. Go here:
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=23472 and start a post #14

CarlosDJackal
12-18-08, 23:09
PWNED!!!

Scott Marquez (President) - $3,700 in contributions (http://www.campaignmoney.com/political/contributions/scott-marquez.asp?cycle=08)

Name & Location Employer/Occupation Dollar
Amount Date Primary/
General Contibuted To
Marquez, Scott
HERNDON, VA
20171 MVM, Inc./Security Services $1,000 07/31/2008 G GERRY CONNOLLY FOR CONGRESS - Democrat
Marquez, Scott
HERNDON, VA
20171 $400 05/12/2008 P HILLARY CLINTON FOR PRESIDENT - Democrat
Marquez, Scott
HERNDON, VA
20171 MVM, Inc./Security Services $2,300 01/28/2008 P GERRY CONNOLLY FOR CONGRESS - Democrat

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dario Marquez, Jr. (Chairman, CEO and co-founder of MVM) - $8,900 in contributions (http://www.campaignmoney.com/political/contributions/dario-marquez.asp?cycle=08)

Amount Date Primary/
General Contibuted To
Marquez, Dario O. Jr.
MCLEAN, VA
22102 MVM, Inc./Security Services $1,100 07/31/2008 G GERRY CONNOLLY FOR CONGRESS - Democrat
Marquez, Dario O. Jr.
MCLEAN, VA
22102 MVM, Inc./Security Services $1,200 07/29/2008 G GERRY CONNOLLY FOR CONGRESS - Democrat
Marquez, Dario
VIENNA, VA
22182 MVM Inc/Owner $500 06/09/2008 P DEMOCRATIC PARTY OF VIRGINIA - Democrat
Marquez, Dario O
VIENNA, VA
22182 MVM Inc/CEO $2,300 01/31/2008 P HILLARY CLINTON FOR PRESIDENT - Democrat
Marquez, Dario O. Jr.
VIENNA, VA
22182 MVM, Inc./Security Services $2,300 01/28/2008 P GERRY CONNOLLY FOR CONGRESS - Democrat
Marquez, Dario Jr.
VIENNA, VA
22182 MVM Inc./President $500 11/08/2007 P BECERRA FOR CONGRESS - Democrat
Marquez, Dario O Jr
IR,
$1,000 06/30/2007 P OBAMA FOR AMERICA - Democrat

Joe Mamma
12-18-08, 23:34
PWNED!!!

Scott Marquez (President) - $3,700 in contributions (http://www.campaignmoney.com/political/contributions/scott-marquez.asp?cycle=08)

Amount Date Primary/
General Contibuted To
Marquez, Scott
HERNDON, VA
20171 MVM, Inc./Security Services $1,000 07/31/2008 G GERRY CONNOLLY FOR CONGRESS - Democrat
Marquez, Scott
HERNDON, VA
20171 $400 05/12/2008 P HILLARY CLINTON FOR PRESIDENT - Democrat
Marquez, Scott
HERNDON, VA
20171 MVM, Inc./Security Services $2,300 01/28/2008 P GERRY CONNOLLY FOR CONGRESS - Democrat

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dario Marquez, Jr. (Chairman, CEO and co-founder of MVM) - $8,900 in contributions (http://www.campaignmoney.com/political/contributions/dario-marquez.asp?cycle=08)

Amount Date Primary/
General Contibuted To
Marquez, Dario O. Jr.
MCLEAN, VA
22102 MVM, Inc./Security Services $1,100 07/31/2008 G GERRY CONNOLLY FOR CONGRESS - Democrat
Marquez, Dario O. Jr.
MCLEAN, VA
22102 MVM, Inc./Security Services $1,200 07/29/2008 G GERRY CONNOLLY FOR CONGRESS - Democrat
Marquez, Dario
VIENNA, VA
22182 MVM Inc/Owner $500 06/09/2008 P DEMOCRATIC PARTY OF VIRGINIA - Democrat
Marquez, Dario O
VIENNA, VA
22182 MVM Inc/CEO $2,300 01/31/2008 P HILLARY CLINTON FOR PRESIDENT - Democrat
Marquez, Dario O. Jr.
VIENNA, VA
22182 MVM, Inc./Security Services $2,300 01/28/2008 P GERRY CONNOLLY FOR CONGRESS - Democrat
Marquez, Dario Jr.
VIENNA, VA
22182 MVM Inc./President $500 11/08/2007 P BECERRA FOR CONGRESS - Democrat
Marquez, Dario O Jr
IR,
$1,000 06/30/2007 P OBAMA FOR AMERICA - Democrat

You've got to be kidding me. I'm sure there must be another side to this story. I'm open to hearing it.

Until then, I don't plan on giving my money to the people who give money to . . .

Joe Mamma

MisterWilson
12-18-08, 23:54
How about some pictures of the Ludicrous Longbow?

ETA: Just saw...:eek:

Cold Zero
12-19-08, 06:00
I was looking forward to attending training at SEG's facility. I would rather stay home and do nothing than put political contribution money into the hands of people who want to do away with my rights.

On the other hand, instead of staying home, I will just go and train with their competitors. I plan on doing a lot of training in 2009.

Iraqgunz
12-19-08, 07:48
I am curious to see if I get a response to my email that I sent. I am even more curious to see if they actually come back here.

El Mac
12-19-08, 08:22
I am curious to see if I get a response to my email that I sent. I am even more curious to see if they actually come back here.

Oh they are here, online alright. Do they have the sack stuffing to postup a response? Doubtful. Just another bunch of Zumbos and Coopers.

El Mac
12-19-08, 08:28
Dear sir,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are present, and we are watching. We will respond with a measured and intelligent post, instead of mud slinging and propaganda.

Thank you for your continued patience

Jason Lee
Merchandise Manager
Silver Eagle Group Northern Virginia LLC
44620 Guilford Drive
Ashburn, VA 20147
LeeJ@SilverEagle-Group.com

Personally, I hope they have an explaination that would shed some light on what appears to otherwise be an unbelievable and unfortunate situation. I'm standing down until I hear more.

Littlelebowski
12-19-08, 08:36
I'm not doing business with people who give money to antigunners, liberals, and jackasses like Gerry Connolly who want to make IT workers unionize. It's VA Arms and the NRA Range for me.

ToddG
12-19-08, 08:36
Also keep in mind that many employees of SEG are probably as surprised and upset about these allegations as the rest of us. How many of us actually do a thorough search of our bosses' political donation history?

SilverEagle
12-19-08, 09:31
It has been brought to the attention of this community that the president of Silver Eagle Group has made contributions to various political campaigns. Though I doubt this forum “Training Course Announcements & AAR’s” is the appropriate venue for this discussion, we understand that our community has concerns regarding these issues.

With regard to an individual’s right to keep and bear arms, we at SEG have been bolstered and energized by the decision handed down by the Supreme Court of the United States, (DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ET AL. V. HELLER) which has been accepted by the shooting community as a historic and monumental ruling. We agree with Courts majority decision that, “… the Second Amendment, like the First and Fourth Amendments, codified a pre-existing right.” And further agree that “… preserving the militia was [not] the only reason Americans valued the ancient right; most undoubtedly thought it even more important for self-defense and hunting.”

The decision exists outside of any political affiliation, Democrat, Republican or Independent. As to the “loyalties” of the board members at Silver Eagle Group:

-Dario Marquez is a retired Secret Service Agent who served under both Democratic and Republican Presidents.

-Steven Marquez is former Army s/f and a decorated war veteran.

-Scott Marquez, president of Silver Eagle Group, has donated to both Democratic and Republican candidates.

A simple Google search for “Second Amendment Democrats” will reveal scores of organizations that are “liberal-leaning” and pro-gun.

We have built our facility to the highest standards of safety, cleanliness and access. We have structured our range usage prices and membership levels to accommodate all levels of shooters. We continue to improve and streamline our facility to make the experience even better.

But if it is the opinion of the shooting community, that we built $22 million privately funded facility to single handedly acquire every firearm manufactured after November 5th for easy forfeiture to the government when guns become illegal, and that our 30 heated and air-conditioned lanes are closed to shooters and we use them for other means; than it is your right to choose with your wallet and not experience what our facility has to offer.

We hope that any future questions can be resolved without any mudslinging or name calling and invite anyone who is curious to come visit our facility.

Sincerely,

Silver Eagle Group

Saginaw79
12-19-08, 09:37
So you support the SCOTUS decision, yet support KNOWN anti-gun candidates like Hillary Clinton, and then expect us to change our minds? Just because your staff has been there and done that...sorry, but a sell out is a sellout, and when you support gun grabbers you are selling out the 2A regardless of what SCOTUS said.

Its silly to spend 22 mill on gun facilities then support gun grabbers...hope the one box of ammo a year deer hunters can keep you afloat once the EBR crowd is done w/ you!

SHIVAN
12-19-08, 09:40
A simple Google search for “Second Amendment Democrats” will reveal scores of organizations that are “liberal-leaning” and pro-gun.

As a matter of pure fact, Barrack Obama, Gerry Connolly and Hillary Clinton would not be returned in that google search.

Iraqgunz
12-19-08, 10:21
I received a PM in regards to my email and the post here. I asked for permission to post it here and then realized that it was the same response that was posted. I have replied back and if I get a response I will post it here. Just a little clarification is in order.

I do not care who someone votes for or their political affiliations to a point. But, when someone donates money to a candidate such as Barack Obama or Joe Biden who have a proven record of violating the rights of legal gun owners by legislation then I draw the line. I do not understand how anyone who believes in the 2nd Amendment can support those who have written laws, introduced or written legislation that takes away our rights as gun owners rather than addressing the problem which are the criminals who commit the crimes. I understand that companies and organizations donate money to certain political groups and candidates in order to "hedge their bets" but it doesn't mean that I have to like it or support them.

My problem here also isn't with them being Democrats or belonging to the Democratic party. My problem is that their current foundation does not represent me, my beliefs or anything else and to be quite frank the Republicans don't do it for me much either at this point. But, I had to make a choice and the choices offered to me led me to believe that the Republican ticket was more in line with my beliefs.

Iraqgunz
12-19-08, 10:34
Unfortunately, I did not save a copy of my reply to SEG when I sent it to them. This is the response I received a few minutes ago. I will address it openly here.

SEG-
I will point out, as I have in other PMs that, there is nothing to be done to stop the juggernaut that is the Obama campaign. Any AWB or other anti-gun legislation can now only be stopped at a political level.

Is it not better to have the Marquez family, as politically active as they are and Pro-gun, on the dominant side of the isle?

My response. So because the Obama juggernaut cannot be stopped we must just lie down and take it? Sorry, no I don't subscribe to that theory. Of course we must stop and AWB or other anti-gun legislation at the political level which also includes the Presidency. Image if you will that legislation made it through Congress to ban "assault weapons" again and we had a John McCain-Sarah Palin ticket. There is little doubt in my mind that it would be vetoed. That would then force Congress to get a 2/3 vote in both houses to override it. In our present situation we are screwed because there is no doubt that Barack Obama will do just that. He has proven it in the past.

In you previous PM to me you felt that DC v. Heller decision would protect us against future bans and legislation. Well as it has been discussed here and after reading the opinion by Justice Scalia no it would not. And relying on that is nothing but a false sense of security.

CarlosDJackal
12-19-08, 10:42
What do you call someone who says they are all for the "Second Amendment" (this is in quotes because a lot of left-leaners think this amendment is only about hunting, target shooting, and the National Guard) but has contributed $3,700 and $8,900 for the very individuals who have publicly declared that they are in support of a PERMANENT ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN?

Words are cheap, but a political contribution to the very party that not only succeeded in putting such a ban in place (thus boosting the prices of magazines and "assault weapons" AND facilitating the permanent versions of said ban in certain states) but are threatening to do it again permanently (as was declared on the the president-elect's website before they got smart and removed it) is a fact that you cannot hide or take back.

Can you imagine what something like this would do to the gun industry and the shooting sports as a whole?

I for one cannot and will not support any individual or organization who has taken such actions. it would be different if the party they supported had actually (a) supported DC vs. Heller, and (b) was actually for the Second Amendment as it was meant by the authors (as declared in their own words in otehr articles they had written).

El Mac
12-19-08, 11:35
-Dario Marquez is a retired Secret Service Agent who served under both Democratic and Republican Presidents.

-Steven Marquez is former Army s/f and a decorated war veteran.

-Scott Marquez, president of Silver Eagle Group, has donated to both Democratic and Republican candidates.

Well thats nice. Thank you for your services.

Enjoy your new facility while you laugh all the way to the bank. Just know that you won't get my money nor as many folks as I can spread the word to.

There is a line that comes to mind: "Don't piss down my back and tell me its raining."

ToddG
12-19-08, 12:01
Like it or not, at least on a local level this is almost a business requirement. No one is going to invest tens of millions of dollars in a facility without being politically involved on some level. It's ugly, it's unfortunate, but it's business. More than a few gun manufacturers are in the same boat, I know from personal experience. Supporting your local Congressmen and Senators, even if it leaves a bad taste in your mouth, is necessary to keep the doors open sometimes. And the reality is that, at least some of the time, it can actually have a softening effect on the politicians.

However, I can't extend my begrudging acceptance to the Presidential race. Backing openly anti-2A proponents for that job -- the person who will appoint Supreme Court Justices, the person who chooses whether to sign or veto gun bills, the person who will control ATF and its regulatory processes, the person who will negotiate on our nation's behalf in international small arms agreements -- is unconscionable.

I accept that many people in this country are not single-issue voters on the 2A, and we all have a legitimate right to support and vote for whichever candidate we choose. But similarly, we have a right to choose where to spend our money, and I for one won't put more money into the hands of someone who is likely to donate it right back to the very people who are trying to ruin this industry and steal our freedom.

El Mac
12-19-08, 12:06
However, I can't extend my begrudging acceptance to the Presidential race. Backing openly anti-2A proponents for that job -- the person who will appoint Supreme Court Justices, the person who chooses whether to sign or veto gun bills, the person who will control ATF and its regulatory processes, the person who will negotiate on our nation's behalf in international small arms agreements -- is unconscionable.

I accept that many people in this country are not single-issue voters on the 2A, and we all have a legitimate right to support and vote for whichever candidate we choose. But similarly, we have a right to choose where to spend our money, and I for one won't put more money into the hands of someone who is likely to donate it right back to the very people who are trying to ruin this industry and steal our freedom.

Exactly.

Business_Casual
12-19-08, 12:36
People make rational decisions and hedge their bets.

People act in their own best interests.

Are we so naive that we can't see that?

Will all of you turn your back on Blackwater for their donations?

M_P

Saginaw79
12-19-08, 12:38

M_P

If you are a gun based business, and donate to anti-gunners, I will not support you in ANY way shape or form!

El Mac
12-19-08, 12:38

M_P

If they donated to the same class of clowns that SEG did, yep.

ToddG
12-19-08, 12:56

Which donations would those be?

Business_Casual
12-19-08, 13:06
http://www.nypost.com/seven/12192008/news/politics/contractor_gifts_could_put_sen__clinton__144968.htm

To Clinton.

M_P

CarlosDJackal
12-19-08, 14:08
http://www.nypost.com/seven/12192008/news/politics/contractor_gifts_could_put_sen__clinton__144968.htm

To Clinton.

M_P

From what I can tell, it's a donation to a Foundation, not to the campaign. These are very different animals. Unless the foundation is set up to overthrow or change the Second Amendment this is is a totally different animal. Can anyone verify or refute this?

Now if BW had donated to the brady bunch/HCI or to the klinton capmaign, then I'll boycott them too.

Business_Casual
12-19-08, 14:13
Well, whatever, I'll leave the indignation in your capable hands; I am leaving for a holiday break!

Merry Christmas everyone! :)

M_P

LOKNLOD
12-19-08, 14:43

To Clinton.

M_P

Almost sounded to me like a subversive tactic to get Hillary in hot water over a conflict of interest. Well worth dumping a few G's into Bill's pet project ;)

Littlelebowski
12-19-08, 15:37
I'd sure feel a lot better seeing the contributions to Republicans. It's funny how you see so many donations to Democrats and none whatsoever to the Republicans.

Gerry Connolly was endorsed by the Brady Campaign! (http://www.bradycampaign.org/media/release.php?release=1012) Come on SEG, what do you expect us to think?

Littlelebowski
12-19-08, 15:43

M_P

I don't call donating to Hillary and the Obama without giving to Republicans "hedging your bets." Do you? It's patently obvious the Marquezs give to one and only one political party.

El Mac
12-19-08, 15:43
Come on SEG, what do you expect us to think?

Obviously they don't or rather didn't expect anyone to think...afterall, we are just mouth breathing gun owners. ;)

Bad Voodoo
12-20-08, 15:41
Why spend hard earned cash to go to a training facility that supports anti-gunners???

No thanks...

And I plan on putting the word out to all my buds in Virginia...just spent 12 years there and have plenty of gun buds that would love to know about this.

+1

I have family and friends in Eastern and Western NC. I'll be spreading the word, myself. Not that it will matter much considering the traitorous direction NC tilted in this election. :rolleyes:

Iraqgunz
12-20-08, 16:32
I have sent emails to guy I know in the VA area who are security, MIL and LEO professionals.