PDA

View Full Version : Ranier Arms Reloacting

gaijin
09-18-19, 10:52
Just read (OK I'm WAY out of the loop- no Facebook/etc.) that Ranier is relocating from Washington state to Wichita Ks.
At this point at least, a decidedly more "gun friendly" area than the Left Coast.

Ranier (John Hwang) has purchased a Spirit Aero warehouse as well as the recently closed Thunderbird Firearms facility.

I have had frequent dealings with Ranier, which have all been positive.
I am looking forward to this move by Ranier and wish them the best. I'm hoping this will be good for the gun community at large.

sgtrock82
09-18-19, 11:08
Good idea. In a few years time it may have been forced to rename itself "The Progressive Peoples State Armament Factory No.115"

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

223to45
09-18-19, 11:46
What Rainier has said, was they are not moving but expanding .

Unless things have changed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Averageman
09-18-19, 12:01

I'm sure Colt Firearms would approve of such a similar venture.
Welcome to failure bitches.

26 Inf
09-18-19, 12:10
Just read (OK I'm WAY out of the loop- no Facebook/etc.) that Ranier is relocating from Washington state to Wichita Ks.
At this point at least, a decidedly more "gun friendly" area than the Left Coast.

Ranier (John Hwang) has purchased a Spirit Aero warehouse as well as the recently closed Thunderbird Firearms facility.

They certainly won't have any trouble finding machinists in the Wichita area.

I don't know what the problem was with the Thunderbird range, they opened and closed quickly. Currently there are 3 indoor ranges in the Wichita area, Range 54 being the newest and best equipped among them. Additionally, someone told me tha Gander Mountain had reopend in Wichita, if so that might be four. If Ranier is intending to enter that market, it may be a tough go.

fledge
09-18-19, 12:10

That’s how I interpreted John’s statement. Building a shooting facility, offering training. Like Pete Brownell, John is expanding influence and market share. We need more leaders like them.

kerplode
09-18-19, 12:19
They should move. Washingfornia is a hole.

Can't really be Rainier Arms in Kansas, tho...They'd have to change their name to Wheat Field Arms or Corn Row Arms or something.

fledge
09-18-19, 12:55
They should move. Washingfornia is a hole.

Can't really be Rainier Arms in Kansas, tho...They'd have to change their name to Wheat Field Arms or Corn Row Arms or something.

Moving is playing into the hands of the gun grabbers, especially with their influence. Having multiple locations is more strategic all around.

BoringGuy45
09-18-19, 14:33
Moving is playing into the hands of the gun grabbers, especially with their influence. Having multiple locations is more strategic all around.

Agreed. Besides, once the progressives destroy one area, they follow wherever the conservatives went to get jobs, vote in progressive politicians, then destroy that area too. It's why the left wants a national ban of semi-auto rifles. They aren't content to just say "if you want those weapons so bad, stay out of our states and move to a red state and we won't bother you." Nope; from the Deep South to the West Coast and Northeast, they want every last weapon gone.

AKDoug
09-18-19, 19:25
Rainier's Washington location is nothing big. The showroom is surprisingly small. I don't think his local business is much of his total compared to his online sales. But I'd still hate to see him leave if he decides to.

The cost of doing business in Washington is expensive as well. Getting himself centrally located in the U.S., in a more gun friendly state, seems like a good decision to me.

gaijin
09-18-19, 20:30
John was quoted in the local business journal as saying; “ we are gradually moving everything here...”

fledge
09-18-19, 20:48
John was quoted in the local business journal as saying; “ we are gradually moving everything here...”

Well there it is.

NWPilgrim
09-18-19, 21:40
Glad that Rainier is doing what they need to do to stay economically strong and continue offering arms, parts and services.

I bought a rifle from them, found a small assembly error on the bolt and they were incredibly fast getting a replacement out to me and a paid postage envelop to send it back to them. No questions just customer service excellence in action. This is the kind of business we need to prosper in the firearm industry. I hope Kansas gives them a big welcome. Hate to see them leave the PNW but totally understand the east side of Puget Sound is libtard off the rails crazy.