PDA

View Full Version : Armalite Question

huntwithfoxx
11-14-08, 18:25
Hello all.I'm new to AR's,So if you could please help.Does anyone know anything about the Armalite LEC15A4CBK?Can the parts be changed with others like Colt,LMT,Noveske.Parts like Barrels,Bolts and Bolt carriers?Any and All help would be very helpful.

flyboy1788
11-14-08, 23:15
i have no experience with armalites, except for one time when my moms state trooper friend let me play with her duty gun which was an armalite. It seemed nice. To answer your question, ar-15 parts are ALL interchangeable. Except why would you want to change the barrel?? this requires the right tools or a gunsmith to do.

huntwithfoxx
11-15-08, 06:42
I just wanted to make sure what parts could be changed.The bolt and bolt carrier is what everyone tells me to change to m16.I saw the Armalite at a local gun shop for $849.99 and I didn't know if it would be worth buying.Thanks for the info.

Caeser25
11-15-08, 07:35
pretty much everything is interchangeable except Colt's lower parts, $850 is a good price, I have a few Armalite parts in my lower and I have no quills with those parts. As hard as it is to even find these things right now in some areas and in the near future I would say get it while you can. Make sure the gas keys and castle nut are staked properly until you can find a good carrier in stock somewhere.

Iraqgunz
11-15-08, 11:38
Not all parts are interchangeable. This is especially true of lower parts kits. Though many manufacturers make hammer and trigger pins that are .155 in. it is always prudent to confirm this. There are also certain Colt models that use .170 in diameter pins.

Also, one cannot use the buffer and spring from a rifle in a carbine and vice versa. Lower receiver extensions also come in 2 different diameters so it pays to know which one you have in the event that you want to replace your stock.

kingc
11-15-08, 20:00
My response from the Armalite reps have been nebulous to ignorant when they were asked whether the receiver extension was milspec or commercial diameter. There are so many ????'s about current Armalites that I will pass.

They do look pretty from the fit 'n finnish viewpoint.

SHIVAN
11-15-08, 20:03
ArmaLite reciever extensions, of a RECENT manufacture date (as of SHOT 2008), are milspec diameter.

The M15 lower I just received is milspec. All my LMT SOPMOD stocks fit it perfectly.

kingc
11-15-08, 20:07
ArmaLite reciever extensions, of a RECENT manufacture date (as of SHOT 2008), are milspec diameter.

The M15 lower I just received is milspec. All my LMT SOPMOD stocks fit it perfectly.

Great to hear that. They really are well made lowers. Have any delay in your procurement?

SHIVAN
11-15-08, 20:09
...whether the receiver extension was milspec or commercial diameter...

There could be ArmaLite lowers on dealers shelves that people buy today, that may have the commercial diameter extension.

New ones will have milspec diameter tubes.