PDA

View Full Version : What scope?!

ar-15 fanatic
11-14-08, 23:17
i am in the market for a scope for my bushmaster carbine. so what is the best scope is for under $300. i am going to be shooting mainly 50 meters and out, so i am going to need some magnifacation (not a whole lot, but enough). i was interested in the Millet DMS-1, but i don't know anyone whol has used one before so i can't get any personal feedback on the scope. i also noticed that bushnell makes a scope that is much like the Millet DMS-1, is that scope better than the MIllet or about the same?

P.S. i may consider paying more than $300 for an optic, it all depends though, so any feedback on optics for medium distance shooting that haven't been mentioned would be awesome!

Thanks,
Michael

LettersFromEarth
11-16-08, 14:13
If you're speaking of the Bushnell Elite 4200--yes. Its better and its quality of its glass is one reason why. The Millett DMS-1 has been a good optic for some. But it is made in China and the return rate back to Millett is rather high.

For $200.00 Id say look into Bushnells Elite 3200 1.5-5X32 with the Firefly reticle. Its a good optic with good glass and should work as well as the DMS-1 at least for some.