PDA

View Full Version : Impeachment

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

glocktogo
01-22-20, 14:57
It's 10:35 PM New Mexico time watching this impeachment mess. I just finished installing a vintage 1960's teardrop forward assist on an upper while watching the tube. Building an XM177E2 Franken Colt out of assorted vintage parts. Cure for insomnia? Not me - irritating TV keeps me awake, so why not keep my hands busy with productive activity....:)

Oh I get what you're saying, but here I am on Day Two and Schiff is simultaneously testing my conscience and my consciousness. For the average American, this is some of the dullest crap CSPAN has ever offered. :alcoholic:

flenna
01-22-20, 15:01
What a $h-t show.

This is simply embarrassing for the country.

The ComDems know this is a lost cause, all they are doing is trying to damage President Trump for 2020. Shifty Schiff threw out there today that the President “continues” to solicit foreign interference in the next election. That piece of garbage and his garbage party are irreparably damaging our electoral system by planting the seed in the mindless masses’ brains that we no longer have fair elections and don’t accept them if your party doesn’t win.

armtx77
01-22-20, 15:09
Oh I get what you're saying, but here I am on Day Two and Schiff is simultaneously testing my conscience and my consciousness. For the average American, this is some of the dullest crap CSPAN has ever offered. :alcoholic:

I find the whole thing to be incredible drama. Schiff and Nadler running a Star Chamber. Than telling the world they had to get this done ASAP. Than Nancy tries to hatch the thing like an egg for 33 days. Now Justice Roberts is their last hope and he has never been real keen on any of my causes and Im guessing he wont be on this one either.

It is scary really. Blatant denial of Constitutional rights and the House managers are all from Districts where there is ZERO chance they wont get re-elected. Meaning most of their peeps are aokay with what is going.

Scary times

OH58D
01-22-20, 16:22
Just come in for the day and this crap is still on TV nonstop. To stay sharp, I just fought with an ejection port cover spring for 10 minutes, cussing the spring and the TV. You don't know how hard it is to twist the spring around to install when you have big fingers. Job done and I have a late 60's port cover on a vintage A1 upper - success, despite the irritation on the TV. I need to go outside and look at the turquoise blue sky after a day and a half of drizzly rain.

platoonDaddy
01-22-20, 16:52
The dim's and never trumper roberts hopefully ensure a Trump win in 2020. My household has decided we will not watch one minute of the BS on the Hill.

Frig THEM!

oldMan OUT

Wildcat
01-22-20, 17:59
Imagine if Congress worked this late and hard on everything they did...

I think I'd rather Congress did less, not more.
I know, for some of those characters that might be tough.

glocktogo
01-22-20, 18:04
Just come in for the day and this crap is still on TV nonstop. To stay sharp, I just fought with an ejection port cover spring for 10 minutes, cussing the spring and the TV. You don't know how hard it is to twist the spring around to install when you have big fingers. Job done and I have a late 60's port cover on a vintage A1 upper - success, despite the irritation on the TV. I need to go outside and look at the turquoise blue sky after a day and a half of drizzly rain.

Despite leftist media pundits fawning all over Schiff’s performance today, I heard several of the major channels were losing so many viewers, they switched back to regular programming. LOL

Diamondback
01-22-20, 18:20
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/655632399316811784/668517920024035338/EOlNwtIU8AA-ZA8.png?width=427&height=469
And his theme song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj36z4WK4DA

Grand58742
01-22-20, 21:36
https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2020/01/22/whistleblower_was_overheard_in_17_discussing_with_ally_how_to_remove_trump_121701.html

Oh, so swampy. The whole whistleblower issue is so incestuous that even people from Kentucky find it dirty. We knew that the whistleblower was dirty, the level of corruption is amazing. I thought the whistleblower had gamed the system, in reality, it was a fixed game from the start.

If true, how is Vindman still in uniform and how the hell did he get promoted past Major?

Grand58742
01-22-20, 21:38
At least there are some interesting news stories coming out.

Water, milk and chocolate. Interesting.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/got-milk-gop-pols-drink-dairy-senate-floor-strict-impeachment-rules

jmp45
01-22-20, 21:53
Meanwhile it's getting tough with the long hours on the old dogs. Chucky is telling his spirit guide to get out of his chair ..;)

https://twitter.com/Graenni/status/1219938057668919296

jpmuscle
01-22-20, 22:03
I wish they worked this late into the night on stuff that actually mattered [emoji2373]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MegademiC
01-22-20, 22:16
Meanwhile it's getting tough with the long hours on the old dogs. Chucky is telling his spirit guide to get out of his chair ..;)

It was just his guardian demon.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-23-20, 09:14
It was just his guardian demon.

Pelosi never makes it clear WHO she is praying to...

I’m not saying she is evil, but have you ever seen her with a mirror?

Grand58742
01-23-20, 10:00
Apparently, Russia is going to steal the 2020 election and invade at the request of Trump.

That's pretty much Schiff's talking points in a single sentence.

armtx77
01-23-20, 11:43
Pelosi never makes it clear WHO she is praying to...

I’m not saying she is evil, but have you ever seen her with a mirror?

This impeachment process has had to of had a terrible affect the Democrat base:
-Nancy is praying and talking about God
-Nancy is all the sudden a Constitutionalist and not a "living breathing document" theorist.

Not talking about religion and hating Constitutionalists, are cornerstones for the Democrat party.

platoonDaddy
01-23-20, 13:45
it is being reported that the POS from SC said

encounters Schiff, shakes his hand and says, “Good job, you’re very well spoken."

Diamondback
01-23-20, 14:02

Some folks I know are cracking wise about a deliberate strategy to wear down the senile old fools of Team Blue until they have to resign or health reasons or risk stroking out...

Averageman
01-23-20, 14:41
Boy the Democratic Party really objects to not having one hand on your wallet and the other deeply planted in you colon.
Schiff has had the floor for three days now?

Honu
01-23-20, 14:49
Boy the Democratic Party really objects to not having one hand on your wallet and the other deeply planted in you colon.
Schiff has had the floor for three days now?
I bet he has not mentioned “RUSSIANS”

Wish vlad would screw with us and announce like 15 dems names and say his new spies are doing a great job and well worth the 10 million

platoonDaddy
01-23-20, 15:27
I bet he has not mentioned “RUSSIANS”

Wish vlad would screw with us and announce like 15 dems names and say his new spies are doing a great job and well worth the 10 million

FRIGGING A

flenna
01-23-20, 15:43
Apparently, Russia is going to steal the 2020 election and invade at the request of Trump.

That's pretty much Schiff's talking points in a single sentence.

Exactly. If he had any evidence of crimes being committed he would have presented it. Instead it was hours and hours of ComDem talking points of why they hate the President and why we all should be scared of him.

just a scout
01-23-20, 16:30
Exactly. If he had any evidence of crimes being committed he would have presented it. Instead it was hours and hours of ComDem talking points of why they hate the President and why we all should be scared of him.

But it’s tiring up Bernie, Warren and Klobuchar. Leaving Biden and Buttegieg free to continue campaigning in Iowa. Maybe that’s the point of the delay in transmission and all the blathering on the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Todd.K
01-23-20, 16:36
Who is dumb enough to think the Senate has magical subpoena powers the House lacks?

flenna
01-23-20, 17:29
it is being reported that the POS from SC said

encounters Schiff, shakes his hand and says, “Good job, you’re very well spoken."

RINO=ComDem. They just have different letters next to their names.

tgizzard
01-24-20, 05:36
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200124/ed70f77966f0d0c6b31a0f1a71679187.jpg

Figured I’d insert a little humor in here.

Averageman
01-24-20, 13:40
Do the Democrats ever have to sit down and shut up?
This has been going on for a week, this crap was played out in the House and yet Roberts allows it to drone on and on.

jmp45
01-24-20, 14:48
And some more fun with Nadler..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NotoLsny7WA

platoonDaddy
01-27-20, 07:00
More fun ‘Donald Trump will speak on behalf of Delta House…’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo_oiObCf5M&feature=youtu.be

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-27-20, 14:10
The Bolton thing is interesting. The caveat is that the new for Trump is always the worst when it breaks and there are always corrections and clarifications. To me, the real issue is if Trump said that Biden was his only concern and that he would let the money die rather than give it. Pretty much other than that, he was acting with in his legal authority.

Remember that the CBO 'bombshell' about the illegal holding of the money? Not exactly true.

If Bolton goes, then the GOPers get witnesses, not at a one-to-one parity since the GOP hasn't been able to call a witness yet.

When are the minority conference days in the House scheduled????

Diamondback
01-27-20, 14:27
The game is, we have to make sure that Pierre Defecto, Murky Madcow and Snowflake Susan don't vote "witnesses for them but not for us." I'd say a ratio of 2 of our choosing for every one of theirs, call anyone we want, would be a fair trade... and drag in and Perjury Trap everyone we can.

Curious that the guy at NSC who reviews manuscripts for classified material is the other half of the Vindman Twins... this Bolton leak looks very much like a trick used to trap a leaker in a Tom Clancy novel. I wanna say it was in Without Remorse, or maybe something Jack Ryan referred to as background in the '80s-'90s "main line" of novels...

Grand58742
01-27-20, 15:16
Curious that the guy at NSC who reviews manuscripts for classified material is the other half of the Vindman Twins... this Bolton leak looks very much like a trick used to trap a leaker in a Tom Clancy novel. I wanna say it was in Without Remorse, or maybe something Jack Ryan referred to as background in the '80s-'90s "main line" of novels...

Cardinal of the Kremlin if memory serves.

platoonDaddy
01-27-20, 18:17
POS wallace got his ass handed to him by Katie Pavlich. He yelled at her and told her “get your facts straight”. Of course it was wallace who had his facts wrong!

https://twitter.com/JFNYC1/status/1221868941183725568

Averageman
01-27-20, 18:41
POS wallace got his ass handed to him by Katie Pavlich. He yelled at her and told her “get your facts straight”. Of course it was wallace who had his facts wrong!

So being a pompous ass is hereditary?

glocktogo
01-27-20, 21:34

He used to be tolerable when Roger Ailes had him on a short leash. When Ailes got taken out by the #MeToo movement, you could almost see the switch flip. He and his butt buddy Shep both went off the rails, along with Cavuto and his pal Nap.

I laugh every time I hear the left trash FOX, because they obviously don’t watch it. FOX may not have quite as many Trump haters as the other 24/7 news channels, but they’ve still got plenty! Bizarrely enough, between the aforementioned quartet, Juan Williams, Marie Harf, Jessica Tarlov (the absolute worst), etc., the most pleasant and watchable is Donna Brazile.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-28-20, 09:55
Heck, F Chuck Todd was more even handed this last weekend.

There is holding people to account and then there is nit-picking an playing 'gotcha'. Wallace went over that edge.

OH58D
01-28-20, 10:36
The democrats keep preaching about the integrity of the 2020 election, yet 3 Senators (Sanders, Warren, Klobuchar) get to vote to remove their political opponent (Trump). Someone should make a Senate Rule that bars them from voting. That will improve the integrity of the 2020 election process.

armtx77
01-28-20, 12:22
The game is, we have to make sure that Pierre Defecto, Murky Madcow and Snowflake Susan don't vote "witnesses for them but not for us." I'd say a ratio of 2 of our choosing for every one of theirs, call anyone we want, would be a fair trade... and drag in and Perjury Trap everyone we can.

His name was Andrew Peek and he was walked out of the WH about two weeks ago.

He was a appointed NSC employee.

glocktogo
01-28-20, 13:11
His name was Andrew Peek and he was walked out of the WH about two weeks ago.

He was a appointed NSC employee.

Which goes back to Trump's biggest weakness. The inability to weed out disruptive elements in his own staff before they do serious damage. Well, that and his inability to retain the right ones. :(

So what do the DC odds makers say? Did Andrew Peek leak excerpts of the manuscript Bolton submitted for clearance ot publish? Or was it Lt Col Yevgeny Vindman?

Adrenaline_6
01-28-20, 13:46
Which goes back to Trump's biggest weakness. The inability to weed out disruptive elements in his own staff before they do serious damage. Well, that and his inability to retain the right ones. :(

I think that's easier said then done. It would be like you doing a hostile take over of a huge company in which due to the prior administrations, 75% of them hate you, but for many can't just fire them all without good reason, while board members that cannot be gotten rid of using these people to sabotage your every move. Good luck with that.

Wildcat
01-28-20, 17:48
The democrats keep preaching about the integrity of the 2020 election, yet 3 Senators (Sanders, Warren, Klobuchar) get to vote to remove their political opponent (Trump). Someone should make a Senate Rule that bars them from voting. That will improve the integrity of the 2020 election process.

If they were ethical, they would recuse themselves to avoid the appearance of a conflict of interest.

It might be a bright political ploy anyway. If it becomes obvious that voting to 'convict' is a lost cause, abstaining might provide some added celebrity.
The DNC would probably hang them from the nearest tree though.

26 Inf
01-28-20, 17:54
I think that's easier said then done. It would be like you doing a hostile take over of a huge company in which due to the prior administrations, 75% of them hate you, but for many can't just fire them all without good reason, while board members that cannot be gotten rid of using these people to sabotage your every move. Good luck with that.

Remember how some folks advanced the theory that President Trump's campaign was surprised when they won. They pointed out the overall lack of preparation to assume the office.

If they are a Presidential appointee they serve at the pleasure of the President. The whistle blower and his buddy should have been sent packing when the military officer reported their comments at the first all-hands General Flynn held.

Sure there will be holdovers, some angry, but I believe there is merit to the thought that the seemingly chaotic way in which the Trump administration took office lead to a number of these folks being shoved to the back burner and ultimately forgotten.

teufelhund1918
01-29-20, 05:20

It looks to me like another big problem is incompetence and lack of ideological cohesion in the Republican party along with them not really liking Trump either. There are some good Republicans, but it's amazing to me how they are the majority in the Senate, but the Demoncrats run laps around them... they have no backbone. I think if they came together and put out a plan like Gingrich's Contract with America and stuck with it, they would beat the pooo out of the demoncrats.

Adrenaline_6
01-29-20, 07:33
It looks to me like another big problem is incompetence and lack of ideological cohesion in the Republican party along with them not really liking Trump either. There are some good Republicans, but it's amazing to me how they are the majority in the Senate, but the Demoncrats run laps around them... they have no backbone. I think if they came together and put out a plan like Gingrich's Contract with America and stuck with it, they would beat the pooo out of the demoncrats.

Again...easier said than done when the people that don't like you are not necessarily public about it and are purposely being clandestine about it and secretly working for the opposition. It's a slow and drawn out process that I don't think anyone was ready for.

Business_Casual
01-30-20, 06:01

Point of order, conservatives aren’t collectivist by nature, so these repeatedly made complaints about lack of Republican unity are never going to work. The reason the Democrats are able to do it is a flaw, not a feature.

glocktogo
01-30-20, 07:17
Again...easier said than done when the people that don't like you are not necessarily public about it and are purposely being clandestine about it and secretly working for the opposition. It's a slow and drawn out process that I don't think anyone was ready for.

When you’re going into the lion’s den to set up shop, you have to assume someone’s going to try and eat you. One of the first things you do is ferret out the moles. Tell six people six different things and the ones that get leaked, you summarily fire them in high fashion. If they start putting their heads together and realize they’re being fed disinformation, they’ll be afraid of leaking anything for fear of being wrong AND getting fired.

The reason Obama never suffered such extreme disloyalty and embarrassments can be summed up with one name. Valerie Jarrett. She ran that WH like it was WWIII and leaks would cost lives.

As someone in my shop is fond of saying about people who disagree with the program: “I don’t require your concurrence, just your compliance.” If Trump squeaks by and gets another 4 years in DC, he’d best go find himself a Valerie Jarrett and put an end to these shenanigans. :(

Adrenaline_6
01-30-20, 10:30
When you’re going into the lion’s den to set up shop, you have to assume someone’s going to try and eat you. One of the first things you do is ferret out the moles. Tell six people six different things and the ones that get leaked, you summarily fire them in high fashion. If they start putting their heads together and realize they’re being fed disinformation, they’ll be afraid of leaking anything for fear of being wrong AND getting fired.

The reason Obama never suffered such extreme disloyalty and embarrassments can be summed up with one name. Valerie Jarrett. She ran that WH like it was WWIII and leaks would cost lives.

As someone in my shop is fond of saying about people who disagree with the program: “I don’t require your concurrence, just your compliance.” If Trump squeaks by and gets another 4 years in DC, he’d best go find himself a Valerie Jarrett and put an end to these shenanigans. :(

Oh, I agree with ferreting them out, but they have been "dug in" for a long time with layers of backing up the chain. It will take some time. The leaks you see now could be part of the ferreting process. The problem is, us, the public just sees it as leaks.

Diamondback
01-30-20, 10:39
The "easy button" would be to fire everyone who serves "at the pleasure of the President" equally and then invite people to re-apply for their old positions, accepting only the few worth having. Clean slate, no holdovers, start over fresh. Yeah, there'd be some chaos in the beginning, but...

Jarrett? No, Trump needs another James Jesus Angleton... if not his own Jose de Torquemada.

Biggy
01-30-20, 12:28
IMHO, this chapter is over, and Trump and the Country are the winners.
I think the Senate and many in the House have had enough of this insanity and just want to enjoy the Superbowl and the State of the Union address and Groundhog Day and have a romantic Valentine's Day and do some fundraising instead of this snoozefest.

And they now need to get ready for Ruth Bader Ginzberg's likely state funeral and the fight over whether to replace her before Trump’s re-election in November.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-30-20, 13:14
IMHO, this chapter is over, and Trump and the Country are the winners.
I think the Senate and many in the House have had enough of this insanity and just want to enjoy the Superbowl and the State of the Union address and Groundhog Day and have a romantic Valentine's Day and do some fundraising instead of this snoozefest.

And they now need to get ready for Ruth Bader Ginzberg's likely state funeral and the fight over whether to replace her before Trump’s re-election in November.

We have to make sure we win the history on this too. The insane, partisan, chargeless impeachment.

Averageman
01-30-20, 13:18
I had little faith in Roberts, that he seems to be very reluctant for the "Whistle Blowers" name to be given in these hearings only tells me he cannot be counted on for anything.
He's allowing Schiff to run this scam on a nation wide level in an attempt to unseat a President.

Grand58742
01-30-20, 13:35

Unfortunately, McConnell shot himself in the ass by making a policy not to confirm a SCOTUS nomination in an election year.

He'll show what an even bigger hypocrite he is if he decides to push that one ahead.

chuckman
01-30-20, 13:39
Unfortunately, McConnell shot himself in the ass by making a policy not to confirm a SCOTUS nomination in an election year.

He'll show what an even bigger hypocrite he is if he decides to push that one ahead.

I bet he would do it. I bet he'd say "eff it, why not?" and do it. The fireworks would be positively entertaining.

Business_Casual
01-30-20, 14:16
I bet he would do it. I bet he'd say "eff it, why not?" and do it. The fireworks would be positively entertaining.

Would it be politically advantageous and to whom, is the test.

chuckman
01-30-20, 14:25
Would it be politically advantageous and to whom, is the test.

Agreed. It would be politically advantageous to the GOP to replace Ginsburg (or any of the other democrat/lefty judges). McConnell knows this.

Todd.K
01-30-20, 14:36

Fake news.

The "Biden rule" was the Dem controlled Senate telling Bush not to nominate because they wouldn't hold hearings. The obvious conclusion that this "rule" was a partisan attempt to hold a possible seat for a hopeful Dem Presidency, rather than good faith de-politicization, was proven when Obama broke it and nominated Garland.

McConnell correctly interpreted this "rule" as political cover to hold a seat open in an election year if the Senate and Presidency was held by different parties.

Nobody can honestly believe Biden would have called on a Dem President to withhold a nomination in an election year. Because when it happened, he didn't.

armtx77
01-30-20, 14:51

So what do the DC odds makers say? Did Andrew Peek leak excerpts of the manuscript Bolton submitted for clearance ot publish? Or was it Lt Col Yevgeny Vindman?

Peek was sent from the NSC and was only in the WH for about 6 months..Trump had no say in it. Most of the agencies provide the bodies.

flenna
01-30-20, 14:57

The ComDems have completely destroyed any sense of tradition, good faith and adherence to precedence. So McConnell should just tell them all to go get bent and start confirmation hearings if the opportunity presents itself.

26 Inf
01-30-20, 15:34
Jarrett? No, Trump needs another James Jesus Angleton....

Yeah, them nothing would get done because the entire Administration would be chasing each other on mole hunts.

Why is so many of the cold war spies were either homosexuals or lushes?

Grand58742
01-30-20, 15:41
Fake news.

The "Biden rule" was the Dem controlled Senate telling Bush not to nominate because they wouldn't hold hearings. The obvious conclusion that this "rule" was a partisan attempt to hold a possible seat for a hopeful Dem Presidency, rather than good faith de-politicization, was proven when Obama broke it and nominated Garland.

McConnell correctly interpreted this "rule" as political cover to hold a seat open in an election year if the Senate and Presidency was held by different parties.

Nobody can honestly believe Biden would have called on a Dem President to withhold a nomination in an election year. Because when it happened, he didn't.

Regardless of intentions, McConnell holding hearings on a new SCOTUS nomination would cause significant fireworks as Chuckman pointed out. As well as giving serious ammo to his political opponents in the future when (not if) we have a Democrat controlled Senate ramming through a Democrat POTUS nomination.

Is it worth the short term political gain when it's likely Trump wins a second term?

morbidbattlecry
01-30-20, 18:57
Fake news.

This is patently false. Biden mentioned in a speech, that was it, that was all that ever came of it. McConnell pulled it out of his ass so he could find an excuse to not let the president appoint a Justice.

Todd.K
01-30-20, 19:47
This is patently false. Biden mentioned in a speech, that was it, that was all that ever came of it.
Because the seat didn't open up we will never know how much it was Biden speaking for himself or the party, that is true. What is also true is that he did not advocate the same position when the sides were reversed.

So it was just a plan to use the power of the majority with a bit of political cover.

Just

Mitch

morbidbattlecry
01-30-20, 21:23
Because the seat didn't open up we will never know how much it was Biden speaking for himself or the party, that is true. What is also true is that he did not advocate the same position when the sides were reversed.

So it was just a plan to use the power of the majority with a bit of political cover.

Just

Mitch

I agree completely. Doesn't make it right for either party to do that. At least as i armchair my way around politics from my laptop.

Grand58742
01-30-20, 22:09
Warren really invoking the hypocrisy card today.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/sen-elizabeth-warren-john-roberts-impeachment-question-about-legitimacy-of-chief-justice

In accordance with Senate rules, the chief justice of the United States must read aloud the questions posed by senators to the impeachment managers and the president's counsel. Roberts formally recognized Warren, a Democratic presidential candidate, who then submitted her written question to a clerk.

Roberts read her question from the card -- which referenced him.

"At a time when large majorities of Americans have lost faith in government, does the fact that the chief justice is presiding over an impeachment trial in which Republican senators have thus far refused to allow witnesses or evidence contribute to the loss of legitimacy of the chief justice, the Supreme Court, and the Constitution?" Roberts read from the card handed to him by the clerk.

Nothing like pissing on the Chief Justice's shoes in front of the nation.

jpmuscle
01-31-20, 01:01
Warren really invoking the hypocrisy card today.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/sen-elizabeth-warren-john-roberts-impeachment-question-about-legitimacy-of-chief-justice

Nothing like pissing on the Chief Justice's shoes in front of the nation.

After what Roberts did to the country on Obamacare, and I recall Obama himself throwing a few salvos his way about the courts reputation, I can’t say her strategy is terribly flawed necessarily.

Mauser KAR98K
01-31-20, 02:45
But Roberts would not read Senator Paul's legitimate question?

Grand58742
01-31-20, 06:42
After what Roberts did to the country on Obamacare, and I recall Obama himself throwing a few salvos his way about the courts reputation, I can’t say her strategy is terribly flawed necessarily.

I just found it hilarious she is talking about not allowing witnesses and credibility of politicians in power when her own party, or at least the letter behind their name matching, did the very same thing in the House.

It's a moot point at this moment since Lamar Alexander grew a spine and called this sham what it truly is. By Saturday, the House will start putting together a new impeachment case for your further entertainment.

Grand58742
01-31-20, 06:45
I'm almost wanting to turn on CNN this morning to see the delightful tears, whining and gnashing of teeth.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-31-20, 07:40
Time to burn the whistleblower down. The REalClearPolitics report on him is a road map.

Obama was a lameduck when he put up Garland, TRump isn't.

Of course you can do all the handwaving you want, it really doesn't matter what your rationale is. The older I get, the more I see 'ethics' as something that we talk about in the abstract when they don't apply, or we retroactively apply them to actions to justify them.

Garland isn't on the court because of Mitch, it is because Obama never did anything to push the issue. Frankly, he was fine with a 4-4 court since lower courts are usually more liberal, and HRC was going to win and get to appoint a woman anyways. If Obama were serious, and if it comes to TRumps picks, you'd see shutting down of govt and a loud campaign to get the pick a hearing.

OH58D
01-31-20, 07:55
The same face Roberts made is exactly the same expression Tom Hanks did at the Golden Globes responding to Ricky Gervais.

yoni
01-31-20, 09:54
Roberts is cut from the same bolt of cloth as Romney, Collins and some of the others POS that hold positions in government.

yoni
01-31-20, 11:06
I have to vent!

I have been out running around, steaming about Romney and Collins.

I will do everything in my power, to get rid of both of them. I have to do some research on Maine and Collins, I don't know if the place is so liberal she is the best e can hope for, or if a conservative could get voted in.

Romney on the other hand is a liberal turd, in a conservative state. He got voted in by the LDS vote, now I have to see how to turn that vote against him.

Diamondback
01-31-20, 11:15
I have to vent!

I will do everything in my power, to get rid of both of them. I have to do some research on Maine and Collins, I don't know if the place is so liberal she is the best e can hope for, or if a conservative could get voted in.

Romney on the other hand is a liberal turd, in a conservative state. He got voted in by the LDS vote, now I have to see how to turn that vote against him.
Consider that Maine's other lifer senator is a flaming Commie douchebag... as for Romney, Utah tends to be kinda Mormon Mafia, "Uns Uber Alles"--not to mention that he basically owns the place with all the goodwill he bought salvaging the Salt Lake City '02 Olympics.

Difficult challenges ahead, sir, but SOMEBODY's gotta find a way. Then there's Murkowski to deal with... her game is straight up extortion, "whatcha gonna gimme to take back to Alaska for my vote?"

01-31-20, 11:35
Romney is an embarrassment to our state.

Sickens me how many blindly vote for him.

chuckman
01-31-20, 11:56
The democrats have their November 2020 platform: There can be no acquittal without a trial, and no trial without witnesses. They know McConnell has the votes for an acquittal and they are going full-bore PR that he's not really acquitted and that the trial is a sham and is fraudulent.

Todd.K
01-31-20, 12:50
If the trial is a sham without enough witnesses, so was the impeachment in the house.

chuckman
01-31-20, 13:13
If the trial is a sham without enough witnesses, so was the impeachment in the house.

Yes. They failed to see that their argument is a non sequitur with regard to the Senate.

Grand58742
01-31-20, 13:25
Yes. They failed to see that their argument is a non sequitur with regard to the Senate.

Not failing to see. Omitting that portion for a reason.

chuckman
01-31-20, 14:20
Not failing to see. Omitting that portion for a reason.

Yah, closer to what I was trying to say. This. I am not englishing well this afternoon.

Buckaroo
01-31-20, 15:03
I have to vent!

Romney on the other hand is a liberal turd, in a conservative state. He got voted in by the LDS vote, now I have to see how to turn that vote against him.Even the conservative LDS don't like Romney, talk show hosts here in SE Idaho deride him regularly lol.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

tb-av
01-31-20, 16:42
Insn't Glenn Beck an LDS? You would think Romney would be the easiest of the three. Then Collins. ... and yeah, MilkKowski really needs to get a job on Broadway in the Wizard of Oz as the wicked witch of the west.

At least MilkKow has some schtick. Romney and Collins are stale white bread. They have nothing. Apparently Collins thinks that stunt she pulled at the SCOTUS hearing was enjoyed by the masses. ... and I'll give her credit for playing that stupidness and being able to basically steal the show and close it out. Bu that was a one time deal. Homey don't play that game twice.

Vote happening now.

Allow Witness and more evidence

No = 51

Yes = 49

Romney and Collins just sold out.

LoboTBL
01-31-20, 16:55
.... By Saturday, the House will start putting together a new impeachment case for your further entertainment.

I truly hope they do. That will seal the election for Trump before the Com-Dem nominee is even selected.

Diamondback
01-31-20, 17:00
I truly hope they do. That will seal the election for Trump before the Com-Dem nominee is even selected.

And hopefully a GOP blowout in the House too... Newt needs to get off his ass and combine the Contract With America and Trump's '16 "Contract With the Voter" to build a "Contract 2.0" as a unified platform for the entire Party to run on, stressing the "we will bring these items to the floor in each chamber within 100 working days of starting the session if elected."

Todd.K
01-31-20, 17:04
The purity test is short sighted. I think the Republican party should take anyone not socialist/progressive, as long as that is how they run.

I despise a turncoat RINO, but a moderate who runs as a moderate is my friend against communists, even if we don't agree on everything.

Averageman
01-31-20, 17:15
Even the conservative LDS don't like Romney, talk show hosts here in SE Idaho deride him regularly lol.

Nobody representing the LDS Church is going to speak out, if they were inclined, or encouraged to do so one of them might have said something about Harry Reid years ago.
Mitt Romney has even made direct compromises to keep the abortion issue out of the Republican agenda because he felt it was too contentious.
You either are or you aint, sorry, Mitt just doesn't pass the smell test, but you can bet no one is going to call him on it.

OH58D
01-31-20, 17:21
Nobody representing the LDS Church is going to speak out, if they were inclined, or encouraged to do so one of them might have said something about Harry Reid years ago.
Mitt Romney has even made direct compromises to keep the abortion issue out of the Republican agenda because he felt it was too contentious.
You either are or you aint, sorry, Mitt just doesn't pass the smell test, but you can bet no one is going to call him on it.
I know quite a number of LDS here in New Mexico with strong ties to family in Utah, and they are really not happy with Mitt. Problem is Salt Lake City and surrounding areas do have a large number of more "moderate" Republicans who vote that kind of candidate in. In Salt Lake City, it's not as Conservative as you would think.

Buckaroo
01-31-20, 17:29
I know quite a number of LDS here in New Mexico with strong ties to family in Utah, and they are really not happy with Mitt. Problem is Salt Lake City and surrounding areas do have a large number of more "moderate" Republicans who vote that kind of candidate in. In Salt Lake City, it's not as Conservative as you would think.SLC is not as LDS as most folks think!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-31-20, 17:51
Gangster Mitch...

chuckman
01-31-20, 18:40
I have a friend from high school, he is absolutely boiling right now, seething with anger, that they're not calling witnesses.

He was absolutely certain that he was going to be found guilty and had a reasonable shot of being removed from office, no matter how much I told him that was never going to happen.

There's nothing in the Constitution, no roadmap, no protocols about how to wrap this thing up, so it's going to linger for a few more days at least. But the Democrats, they're not done. They're just getting started. These next 10 months are going to be pure hell.

flenna
01-31-20, 19:08
Here is Chucky scolding Krazy Kamala during this sad, serious, somber (and all the other S words they use) moment because she was giggling during a press release.

https://mobile.twitter.com/anangbhai/status/1223311670392643585

Averageman
01-31-20, 19:46
That looks like an angry old white guy picking on a proud educated woman of colour to me.

Grand58742
01-31-20, 23:19
Yah, closer to what I was trying to say. This. I am not englishing well this afternoon.

Happens to us all.

Grand58742
01-31-20, 23:27
And hopefully a GOP blowout in the House too... Newt needs to get off his ass and combine the Contract With America and Trump's '16 "Contract With the Voter" to build a "Contract 2.0" as a unified platform for the entire Party to run on, stressing the "we will bring these items to the floor in each chamber within 100 working days of starting the session if elected."

The problem is, the House would screw it up like they did with the Obamacare alternative. How many years did they have to come up with a bulletproof plan that could have been put on the floor the first day of the session?

It's almost better for Trump to actually write the bills and have someone introduce them for him. He's relying on the swamp to drain itself and they aren't going to do it.

Best thing he could do at the State of the Union? Tell the entire Legislative Branch he's about to push for a Constitutional Amendment for term limits on Congress. Watch them squirm when he finds someone to introduce it in both the House and Senate. And when (not if) it fails, he pushes for the States go after it.

Diamondback
01-31-20, 23:54
Best thing he could do at the State of the Union? Tell the entire Legislative Branch he's about to push for a Constitutional Amendment for term limits on Congress. Watch them squirm when he finds someone to introduce it in both the House and Senate. And when (not if) it fails, he pushes for the States go after it.
Problem with that is, the real power on Capitol Hill isn't the legislators but the staffers. The elected puppets on strings come and go, but the Staff lifers, who really draft the legislation and tell their nominal "bosses" how to vote are forever. Until you figure out how to purge THEM... well, Different Animal Same Shit.

Grand58742
02-01-20, 00:00
Problem with that is, the real power on Capitol Hill isn't the legislators but the staffers. The elected puppets on strings come and go, but the Staff lifers, who really draft the legislation and tell their nominal "bosses" how to vote are forever. Until you figure out how to purge THEM... well, Different Animal Same Shit.

I don't disagree, but I think with larger turnover in Congress means new staff members are brought in from Hometown USA. It'll take a while to purge all the bad elements, but it's not an impossible task.

Regardless, Congress is not going to vote itself out of office by approving a Constitutional Amendment calling for term limits.

Diamondback
02-01-20, 00:53
I don't disagree, but I think with larger turnover in Congress means new staff members are brought in from Hometown USA. It'll take a while to purge all the bad elements, but it's not an impossible task.

Regardless, Congress is not going to vote itself out of office by approving a Constitutional Amendment calling for term limits.

Three words: "Article V Convention."

AKDoug
02-01-20, 01:48

I have a friend who works for one of our senators. Hell, she worked on the campaign of our other senator. She's worked for two senators, and three governors in various positions. They just get recycled. We have Alaskan staffers that haven't been back to Alaska in years.

As for one of my senators, Murkowski.... sorry fellas, we have nobody better that is wanting to run.

hotrodder636
02-01-20, 07:04
Term limits would be amazing. If the POTUS has a term limit so should the other clowns. But that is like telling Congress/Senate that they cannot vote for their own raises any more—something else that needs to stop.

The problem is, the House would screw it up like they did with the Obamacare alternative. How many years did they have to come up with a bulletproof plan that could have been put on the floor the first day of the session?

It's almost better for Trump to actually write the bills and have someone introduce them for him. He's relying on the swamp to drain itself and they aren't going to do it.

just a scout
02-01-20, 09:35
All of the Congressional staff should:

1. Be employees of their states, not of the Federal government. Along with all the Reps and Senators in Congress. No Federal pension, healthcare or other benefits. They get whatever each state deigns to give them as compensation.

2. Term limits for staff as well as Congress. No more than 2 Congressional terms or one Senate term. Period.

3. Congress should meet by Skype. No apartments or houses in DC. If they need to go to DC, let them stay in BOQ at Ft. Meyers with the same rules and restrictions officers have there.

4. Restrict staff to 1 secretary, 2 aides and 2 interns (minimum wage) for Congress and senators.

Think of how much money and bullshit that would save.

Then, since I’m on a roll:

5. All bills must be single issue. No longer than 6 pages, in plain English. No rides, no pork. For both houses.

6. All laws must have a sunset date and be revoted to be kept. 5 years maybe?

7. For each new law, at least one must come off the books. Or 5

Averageman
02-01-20, 10:26
Watching CNN and it's pretty clear that they don't "Get It", even now.
Americans don't want the wagon load of tripe that the Democratic Party is trying to sell.
They've gone all in and lost.

Grand58742
02-04-20, 09:25
We all knew they were unhinged, but c'mon, man, really?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/schiff-warns-that-trump-could-sell-alaska-to-russia-if-unchecked

Rep. Adam Schiff, the lead House impeachment manager, warned on Monday that if President Trump's dealings with Ukraine are not impeachable offenses, then nothing would stand in his way from attempting bolder power grabs -- going so far to claim Trump could use Alaska as a bargaining chip with "the Russians" for support in 2020.

Schiff floated the far-flung hypothetical during his closing arguments at the Senate impeachment trial. He appealed to Republicans who have acknowledged Trump's wrongdoing in the Ukraine matter to prevent a "runaway presidency."

"If abuse of power is not impeachable ... Trump could offer Alaska to the Russians in exchange for support in the next election or decide to move to Mar-a-Lago permanently and let Jared Kushner run the country, delegating to him the decision whether to go to war," Schiff said. "Because those things are not necessarily criminal, this argument would allow that he could not be impeached for such abuses of power. Of course, this would be absurd. More than absurd, it would be dangerous."

chuckman
02-04-20, 11:01
The best thing about this impeachment is it put Schiff, Nadler, et al., into the limelight even more, so more people can fully see how unhinged they are. There are no good optics for them right now. Everything they touch turns into a turd.

SomeOtherGuy
02-04-20, 11:19
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/schiff-warns-that-trump-could-sell-alaska-to-russia-if-unchecked

A true classic of unhinged insanity. No better argument for acquittal than just replaying Schiff.

Diamondback
02-04-20, 12:13
Can't wait for them to try again as soon as the vote's in tomorrow, it'll be the best campaign ad Trump could ever ask for.

Dems are Captain Ahab chasing a Great Orange Whale... and it will destroy them as surely as Ahab's obsession with Moby Dick did his Pequod.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-04-20, 13:35

I can’t wait for Trump to troll them on that.

Can't wait for them to try again as soon as the vote's in tomorrow, it'll be the best campaign ad Trump could ever ask for.

Dems are Captain Ahab chasing a Great Orange Whale... and it will destroy them as surely as Ahab's obsession with Moby Dick did his Pequod.

Good analogy...

Trump should have a bunch of ‘participation’ trophies for the Iowa Candidates... the winners? Trump and Bloomberg....

glocktogo
02-04-20, 15:00
I can’t wait for Trump to troll them on that.
Good analogy...

Trump should have a bunch of ‘participation’ trophies for the Iowa Candidates... the winners? Trump and Bloomberg....

I like how no one is paying any attention to the fact that Bloomberg put an $800K down payment on the DNC nomination two months ago, and the rest of the bunch is running around Iowa like it means anything at all.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/29/bloomberg-gave-800k-to-democratic-party-during-campaign-launch/

Say what you will about Bloomberg, but he's the most efficient candidate in the race. He's not going to reinvent the wheel, not when Hillary already did it for him in 2016.

https://observer.com/2016/07/wikileaks-proves-primary-was-rigged-dnc-undermined-democracy/

yoni
02-05-20, 14:05
Romney after sitting last night and watching the Democrats act the way they did, has now said he is going to vote to impeach.
I call on everyone in the great State of Utah, to treat him and his whole family with contempt. Including his 24 grandkids, make those kids go home every day crying.

Force Romney out of Utah and the Senate.

He is beyond redemption.

Diamondback
02-05-20, 14:08
Romney after sitting last night and watching the Democrats act the way they did, has now said he is going to vote to impeach.
I call on everyone in the great State of Utah, to treat him and his whole family with contempt. Including his 24 grandkids, make those kids go home every day crying.

He is beyond redemption.

There are already Dems talking about headhunting him for a Brokered Convention after the current clownshow's tent collapses...

Grand58742
02-05-20, 14:11

He is beyond redemption.

I'm of the mind to leave families out of it. He signed his own political death warrant with his vote today. Utah will do the right thing in '24.

Alex V
02-05-20, 14:16
I'm of the mind to leave families out of it. He signed his own political death warrant with his vote today. Utah will do the right thing in '24.

Utah needs to recall him, 4 more years of that POS is too long.

OH58D
02-05-20, 14:35
Utah needs to recall him, 4 more years of that POS is too long.
Utah in the Salt Lake City area and population center is not as Conservative as the outlying areas. Mitt could still be re-elected.

Sam
02-05-20, 14:37
I'm of the mind to leave families out of it. .

Yes, leave his children and grandchildren out of it. You should extend the same courtesy and civility to your opposition as you would want them to treat the families of someone you support. Would you like the left goons to harass Barron Trump?

Alex V
02-05-20, 14:42
Utah in the Salt Lake City area and population center is not as Conservative as the outlying areas. Mitt could still be re-elected.

people will forget by 2024 either way...

Sam
02-05-20, 15:21
Live Senate voting:

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/watch-live-senators-speak-before-holding-final-impeachment-vote-76951109755

Not guilty on charge 1. 52 to 48. Romney was the only R to vote Guilty.

yoni
02-05-20, 15:26

Which is why you don't leave his family out of . You drive the son of a bitch out of office and out of State.

yoni
02-05-20, 15:27
Yes, leave his children and grandchildren out of it. You should extend the same courtesy and civility to your opposition as you would want them to treat the families of someone you support. Would you like the left goons to harass Barron Trump?

They already have gone after Barron Trump.

Alex V
02-05-20, 15:28
Live Senate voting:

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/watch-live-senators-speak-before-holding-final-impeachment-vote-76951109755

Not guilty on charge 1. 52 to 48. Romney was the only R to vote Guilty.

I was really hoping we might peal off Manchin. I don't understand how the people of WV keep voting for him.

Sam
02-05-20, 15:34
Charge 2 - Not guilty - 53 - 47. Romney voted NOT guilty for this charge.

Trump is officially acquitted.

Sam
02-05-20, 15:35
Charge 2 - Not guilty - 53 - 47. Romney voted NOT guilty for this charge.

Trump is officially acquitted.

MegademiC
02-05-20, 15:41
Fantastic. The fact it was so split is... disappointing.

But not surprising.

Sam
02-05-20, 15:43
Sine Die.

Grand58742
02-05-20, 15:56
Well, looks like we're back at square 1

Diamondback
02-05-20, 16:16
Anybody wanna place bets about when Schiff vomits up the next one?

Diamondback
02-05-20, 16:19

Also, don't forget that Willard bought a stupid-huge amount of PR goodwill there when he turned what was on track to be a dumpster-fire of an Olympics into a rousing success. Because of that, he basically owns SLC...

titsonritz
02-05-20, 16:23
Well, looks like we're back at square 1

For the 3rd time.

Whiskey_Bravo
02-05-20, 16:25

Doubt we will see one before the election. But if Trump wins I can see it firing right back up. Their base seems to eat it up.

Diamondback
02-05-20, 16:38
Doubt we will see one before the election. But if Trump wins I can see it firing right back up. Their base seems to eat it up.

So we better Flip This House too... and not just any Red Jerseys, rock-ribbed Constitutionalists.

Todd.K
02-05-20, 16:44
Without knowing what kind of mess it might have been... I mostly blame McConnell. I don't think he made Dems pay for enough for the weak impeachment.

Democrats lost the vote for witnesses Friday, then lost nothing for pushing it until Wednesday. All that time to pressure the few undecideds on both sides, and got the weekend off to campaign in Iowa, and delay the vote past to SOTU.

I think there were a few more likely acquittal votes Friday, and if they needlessly dragged it out, keeping it going all weekend would have hurt the Dems. Luckily the Dems turned Iowa into a dumpster fire anyway and Trump ignored the impeachment in a strong SOTU.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-05-20, 18:24
May Romney rot in hell. Someone is thinking of his TV career on CNN after he loses his seat.

To bad Romney didn't have the balls to do stuff like that when he was running against Obama. Maybe if he had stood up for himself - and for us- against Obama, he would have won and been beloved.

I know he doesn't like Trump, but you can't look at the last four years and not see that the true evil facing our country isn't Trump, but those abusing power.

I hate few people. Pelosi is a despicable beast, but true to herself and way of life. Romney deserves to get Limabugh's cancer, contract Corona virus and crash in the helicopter on the way to the hospital with the cure for both.

Dead
To
Me

And we need to change "Buddy F****ing" to "Pulling a Romney".

Him, Roberts and McCain all think that they are better than the rest of us and because of that, they can act immorally and corruptly.

Pride is what gets them in the end.

yoni
02-05-20, 18:32

It has already started. I think the democratic party is going to cut it's own throat and bleed out, rather than get along with the President.

just a scout
02-05-20, 18:34
May Romney rot in hell. Someone is thinking of his TV career on CNN after he loses his seat.

To bad Romney didn't have the balls to do stuff like that when he was running against Obama. Maybe if he had stood up for himself - and for us- against Obama, he would have won and been beloved.

I know he doesn't like Trump, but you can't look at the last four years and not see that the true evil facing our country isn't Trump, but those abusing power.

I hate few people. Pelosi is a despicable beast, but true to herself and way of life. Romney deserves to get Limabugh's cancer, contract Corona virus and crash in the helicopter on the way to the hospital with the cure for both.

Dead
To
Me

And we need to change "Buddy F****ing" to "Pulling a Romney".

Him, Roberts and McCain all think that they are better than the rest of us and because of that, they can act immorally and corruptly.

Pride is what gets them in the end.

Amen. Very well said.

OH58D
02-05-20, 18:41
I am guessing most of you know Romney's first given name is Willard? If you're old enough to remember, there was a horror film from 1971 titled "Willard", and was about a psychotic young man named Willard who had command of demonic killer rats.

For me, this was prophetic, because we have Willard and his allies the democ-rats doing evil against the American people. For me, I will never refer to Romney using his middle name of Mitt, but for the future he will be Willard.

Coal Dragger
02-05-20, 18:46
To me he is now “Cuck” Romney. Because he is a cuck.

I know, I know... very original. Try not to be jealous of my superlative command of the English language and unparalleled creativity.

Diamondback
02-05-20, 19:00
Romney deserves to get Limabugh's cancer, contract Corona virus and crash in the helicopter on the way to the hospital with the cure for both.
I'd tell Willard the Rat to go die of ass-cancer, except that IT doesn't deserve HIM.

It has already started. I think the democratic party is going to cut it's own throat and bleed out, rather than get along with the President.
If only there were a level of STUPID they could hit that would make even the Left Coast see the light...

Chameleox
02-05-20, 19:09
I have a different take on this. Hear me out.

Romney votes in favor of impeachment. He is the one person to break party ranks on either side of this fight. While the news narrative may be that only one Republican voted in favor, the flip side is that no Democrats did so, so they can’t claim that it was a party line vote, because their record looks worse. This could actually bode well come elections, with a nation getting sick of partisan politics, regardless of which side of the aisle they’re on.

I’m not saying I agree with him, and I frankly don’t care much, but it could be an interesting development.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-05-20, 19:36
The sad thing is that the true 'above politics' play would have been to vote present on both charges. The trial was a sham trial and Trump is an imperfect human being. You can say that the whole thing was a partisan mess and you wash your hands of both sides.

Why am I so smart and so far from power? The 'high and mighty' answer was simple on this one.

To vote for conviction is to sanctify the unholy mess that the House put together- to legitimize and encourage them to do it again. That is a crime against your oath and decency.

AND

Not only does his vote sanctify the House devils, because of his vote, even if a Dem wanted to vote to acquit, they couldn't now- not with Romney breaking ranks. So now the dems can point to the bi-partisan vote to remove Trump.

Amazing that people don't understand how this trial will be seen as a partisan fiasco and perhaps a low point in our politics, hopefully.

Vichy Romney.

Sam
02-05-20, 20:03
The devil bowed her head because she knew that she's been beat,

And she laid that golden pen on the ground at Donald's feet,

Donald said, "Nancy, just come on back if you ever want to try again",

"I done told you once you drunk old bat, I'm still your President".

thebarracuda
02-05-20, 21:05
I like your style. And respect your moves.

yoni
02-05-20, 21:21
I tried to send Romney an email, demanding he resign.

The form allowed me to fill it all in, but when I tried to send it, it was down for maintenance.

OH58D
02-05-20, 21:29
I tried to send Romney an email, demanding he resign.

The form allowed me to fill it all in, but when I tried to send it, it was down for maintenance.
Just be sure to address him as Willard. He probably hates his name, and using it shows our displeasure of him.

tb-av
02-05-20, 23:10
I was really hoping we might peal off Manchin. I don't understand how the people of WV keep voting for him.

I don't get that either. Not voting for an R that is.

Manchin gave us a SCOTUS win and sat out for a known loss.

It looks better for everyone to see Mitt for what he is. We didn't need Manchin and for him to go SCOTUS and then this fiasco could make him look cheap. It was a win no matter what he did. Mitt just sealed his fate. I think he got played. I think he got voted off the island by the Rs. Somebody put a bug in his ear that several Rs were going to cross the line. He was stupid enough to fall for it. He's a Dem what difference does it make?

MSM got to Mitt. They played him. Manchin simply folded. He didn't have a hand and didn't need a hand. When MooKowski and Collins threw their cards in it would have been a Limelight night for Manchin.... for what?

Romney got removed from office! What a FN beautiful play. Trump beat him in 2016 and he eliminated him from any validity in 2020. The pass was never meant for Manchin, he just ran his pattern.

Trump broke Pelosi's composure. The lip twitching, finger pointing, wind her up and watch her fidget.

Manchin... I'll take him over a Tim Kaine or Mark Warner any day. You ever wonder why those two hide from the public? It's because they are fondling Amagail Spamburger's emotions and trying to develop a "blackface" removal cream.

tb-av
02-05-20, 23:14
The devil bowed her head because she knew that she's been beat,

And she laid that golden pen on the ground at Donald's feet,

Donald said, "Nancy, just come on back if you ever want to try again",

"I done told you once you drunk old bat, I'm still your President".

Be honest. Charlie, Jack, or both?

either way,,, nice one.

Todd.K
02-05-20, 23:31
To vote for conviction is to sanctify the unholy mess that the House put together- to legitimize and encourage them to do it again. That is a crime against your oath and decency.

This can't be overstated. If the House had actually done a thorough investigation, it might have developed evidence to, I don't know... prove Ukraine even knew it was being pressured. They might have even felt confident enough to allow the President to defend himself, call a witness, or maybe even cross examine one.

Then we could have had honest debates and disagreements in the Senate about how impeachable or not some proven conduct was.

Instead they impeached on the presumed motives of disputed actions. The fact that this wouldn't be allowed in any real court is obvious, as it can only be judged by one's subjective belief in the defendant's character or lack thereof.

OH58D
02-05-20, 23:56
https://i.imgur.com/MJAKaRrh.png

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-06-20, 01:23
So when is the minority Intel Committee hearing day? When does the missing transcript from the Intel IG come out of the House SCIF?

Supposedly that transcript has some damning things about Schiff and the whistleblower. It is known to the GOP people that were in the committee. What is the penalty for a House member if they release the info unilaterally?

ETA- Trump should pull all their people from House hearings and testimony until the minority gets their day.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-06-20, 01:24
Double

Sam
02-06-20, 08:13
Be honest. Charlie, Jack, or both?

either way,,, nice one.

Facebook.

Todd.K
02-06-20, 14:48
"It was all bullshit" DJT

Diamondback
02-06-20, 14:50
One more reason I pray for all Dems daily.

Specifically, Psalm 109:8...

mack7.62
02-07-20, 15:12
HaHaHa payback begins. 'When you strike at a king, you must kill him.'

White House Fires Alexander Vindman

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/02/07/report-white-house-fires-alexander-vindman/

"Lt. Col Alexander Vindman, a key witness in the House Democrats’ partisan impeachment inquiry, was fired from the National Security Council and escorted out of the White House on Friday,"

flenna
02-07-20, 15:18
HaHaHa payback time. 'When you strike at a king, you must kill him.'

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/02/07/report-white-house-fires-alexander-vindman/

"Lt. Col Alexander Vindman, a key witness in the House Democrats’ partisan impeachment inquiry, was fired from the National Security Council and escorted out of the White House on Friday,"

He will get a tell-all book deal and a gig as a commentator on CNN.

Diamondback
02-07-20, 16:04
He will get a tell-all book deal and a gig as a commentator on CNN.

"But he has a COMBAT INFANTRY BADGE! And a PURPLE HEART! MUH WAWR HEEE-ROW!" *snort*

just a scout
02-07-20, 16:27
HaHaHa payback begins. 'When you strike at a king, you must kill him.'

I’ll be curious what DA does with him now. Boy would I love to write his OER.

mack7.62
02-07-20, 17:18
Ha I missed this, they also shitcanned his brother, good riddance.

CNN also reported that Vindman’s twin brother, Yevgeny, a lawyer on the NSC, was also fired and escorted off the property.

Diamondback
02-07-20, 17:21
Ha I missed this, they also shitcanned his brother, good riddance.

CNN also reported that Vindman’s twin brother, Yevgeny, a lawyer on the NSC, was also fired and escorted off the property.

Two down, one to go... they also have a younger brother burrowed into the Bureaucracy too.

mack7.62
02-07-20, 17:30
I haven't really heard if the brothers are as political but if not I am sure they are going to have some choice words with bro.:haha:

Diamondback
02-07-20, 17:34
I haven't really heard if the brothers are as political but if not I am sure they are going to have some choice words with bro.:haha:

Yevgniy is one of the candidates for Bolton Manuscript Leaker...

mack7.62
02-07-20, 17:42
I heard about the possible Bolton connection, anyway sounds like the NSC is cleaning house, they have sent about 40 people back to where they came from, past due to clean out the rats. I suspect that when Trump wins reelection there are going to be a lot of lefties looking for new jobs.

Diamondback
02-07-20, 17:44
I heard about the possible Bolton connection, anyway sounds like the NSC is cleaning house, they have sent about 40 people back to where they came from, past due to clean out the rats.

The Vindbags were HR McMaster picks, anyone else he brought in needs to go STAT.

HKGuns
02-07-20, 18:26

They are.

mack7.62
02-07-20, 18:39
You know back in the day any officer who pulled these shenanigans would wind up someplace getting shot at or in Greenland counting mess kits. Be interested to see where these two "hero's" wind up. Question does the President have to sign off on the Colonels list?

Sam
02-07-20, 19:06
Another one bites the dust, Gordon Sondland is recalled from the EU.

Diamondback
02-07-20, 19:08

Think this is the start of the big overdue Michael Corleone Show, or just a preview of coming attractions?

Todd.K
02-07-20, 19:33

I'm just going to presume his ass is fired...

Alex V
02-07-20, 19:43
I'm just going to presume his ass is fired...

Seems that way.

Vindman was offered jobs by Ukraine before. He can go back to Kiev and eat that radioactive bread.

titsonritz
02-07-20, 19:50
All part of draining the swamp.

mack7.62
02-07-20, 20:04
Seems that way.

Vindman was offered jobs by Ukraine before. He can go back to Kiev and eat that radioactive bread.

I may be wrong but I don't think the current President was making the job offer.

Coal Dragger
02-07-20, 20:08
DoD needs to create a new office of crayon accountability, make it posted in Minot, ND area maybe in an old missile silo. Write it up as being a Lt. Col job, unaccompanied tour. Demand rigorous logs be kept with a count of the 64 pack of crayons every hour on the hour. Install video monitors to ensure the staff are accountable.

Put Vindman in charge with no staff other than one shitbag E-1 who eats crayons.

26 Inf
02-07-20, 23:25
"But he has a COMBAT INFANTRY BADGE! And a PURPLE HEART! MUH WAWR HEEE-ROW!" *snort*

See this is what I hate about all of this, why are you impugning his service during those times? You or I really have no call to do so, because you know, he was actually there and we weren't.

Just saying....stick to current events.

Diamondback
02-07-20, 23:31
My point is that like Duke Cunningham, prior good deeds only go so far--you're only a "good guy" until you start doing Bad Guy things (Keating Five, Cunningham Payoff Scandal), and that line from me is not to mock him so much as to mock those who think the uniform should shield its current/former wearer from any and all criticism. You know the types, the kind of groupies who think "the uniform means he can do no wrong."

jpmuscle
02-07-20, 23:40
See this is what I hate about all of this, why are you impugning his service during those times? You or I really have no call to do so, because you know, he was actually there and we weren't.

I’d say he impugned his own service with this whole fiasco, on top of attempting to dress down Congress when they didn’t address him by his full name and rank. Like homeboy just stfu (him not you).

just a scout
02-08-20, 06:47

Just from talking to a couple people in 2CAV that we’re around when he was, he was a Putz as a LT and got his PH because he didn’t listen. Look at his awards. His MSM is a PCS award from his O-3 tour. No awards for valor. Word is he was always arrogant, kind of a prick and dismissive of American policy and actions. **** this asshole.

ETA

His duty uniform at the NSC was business formal, not Class A or B. In my opinion and others, he should have worn a suit to testify, not the ASU. He was not representing the Army, he was representing himself. He wore it as a shield from criticism. And I have this opinion after talking to field grade and GOs about it. They unanimously said it was inappropriate.

As an aside, I love how the MSM is putting him on a martyrs block since he got fired from NSC and sent back to the pool. He is still on AD, just not at the WH. He didn’t get a discharge and is now in the unemployment line, though he should be. Bet he ends up putting in papers and goes to work immediately for either a lefty think tank, like HR, or goes to Ukraine to take that job.

Alpha-17
02-08-20, 09:56
DoD needs to create a new office of crayon accountability, make it posted in Minot, ND area maybe in an old missile silo. Write it up as being a Lt. Col job, unaccompanied tour. Demand rigorous logs be kept with a count of the 64 pack of crayons every hour on the hour. Install video monitors to ensure the staff are accountable.

Put Vindman in charge with no staff other than one shitbag E-1 who eats crayons.

That'd require it to be a joint-service posting, with the E-1 slot reserved for a poor, hapless Marine. Give him a salty Army E-4 who is just riding out his contract and can sell the crayons off post; they'd be gone within the hour.

Eh, I've known plenty of shitbags who had "right time and place" awards. Don't know the details on these for him, but they shouldn't make him immune from criticism.

mack7.62
02-08-20, 10:37
For personal political reasons he was disloyal to the Commander in Chief, the whole impeachment was a big nothing burger ginned up take down the duly elected POTUS. Well that failed miserably and now it is time for him and his brother to pay the piper, unfortunately I am 99% certain he is headed to a soft landing but I doubt he will ever see O-6 and I doubt the current President of Ukraine has any interest in hiring his disloyal ass. But that is what he gets for trusting DemCom's.

Coal Dragger
02-08-20, 12:06
That'd require it to be a joint-service posting, with the E-1 slot reserved for a poor, hapless Marine. Give him a salty Army E-4 who is just riding out his contract and can sell the crayons off post; they'd be gone within the hour.

Eh, I've known plenty of shitbags who had "right time and place" awards. Don't know the details on these for him, but they shouldn't make him immune from criticism.

Marine E-1 or Army E-4 doesn’t matter. As long as they make Vindman actively have to work at protecting the crayons under his charge.

Sam
02-08-20, 12:27
The demcoms can call it retribution, payback or whatever, but they would do the same thing if that shoe was on the other foot.

Coal Dragger
02-08-20, 13:04
As long as there is no reduction in rank, or other actual punishments it’s not even retribution. Just reassignment, happens all the time in the service.

Coal Dragger
02-08-20, 16:10
I thought of another great new assignment for Lt. Col Vindman, he could be tasked with on site auditing of all urine testing. Just have him staring at dicks all day everyday.

On second thought he looks like a meat gazing enthusiast, so he would probably enjoy that a lot.

Never mind.

26 Inf
02-08-20, 16:47
Just from talking to a couple people in 2CAV that we’re around when he was, he was a Putz as a LT and got his PH because he didn’t listen. Look at his awards. His MSM is a PCS award from his O-3 tour. No awards for valor. Word is he was always arrogant, kind of a prick and dismissive of American policy and actions. **** this asshole.

See there you go. Those guys, and other holders of the same or higher medals, IMVHO should be the only ones entitled to throw shit at him over that period of service.

Certainly not someone who has never served.

26 Inf
02-08-20, 16:50

It doesn't at all, but not the kind of shit Diamondback was putting forth.

Diamondback
02-08-20, 17:56
It doesn't at all, but not the kind of shit Diamondback was putting forth.

And if you'd read my reply, you'd have seen me clearly state that my mockery is not directed at HIM, though disdain his deeds at NSC certainly merit, but at the Barracks Bunnies who insist that the uniform is an impenetrable shield against all criticism.

Maybe we'd be better off to just Ignore List each other.

ETA: Those who know me around the Net would notice I'm an Equal Opportunity Offender--I mock EVERYBODY, my friends, my foes, even my own 4-F'd fat ass. In fact if I DON'T mock you at some point, it could be construed as a sign of disrespect, because it means I don't think such a person is mature enough to take it like a rational adult.

rero360
02-08-20, 18:15
I have an MSM, it’s my highest award but I don’t give it any credence really. I got it for being the acting HHB 1SG while deployed for the last 5.5 months of the deployment. I worked my butt off and got the unit caught up on a lot of stuff they were delinquent on. I value the ARCOMs I got from Iraq and Afghanistan more though.

Generally I don’t really put much stock in awards people have for the simple fact that like with my MSM, for certain things like deployments, you get an award based not on your performance but your rank/position held unless you did something really great or terrible.

Todd.K
02-08-20, 19:52
Those guys, and other holders of the same or higher medals, IMVHO should be the only ones entitled to throw shit at him over that period of service.

Certainly not someone who has never served.

Ridiculous. I don't need to be an Admiral to disparage those involved with fat Leonard, or an Army truck driver to call those who wouldn't go out without armored trucks gutless pieces of shit.

The uniform and past actions are not, and should not be a shield for current behavior.

Diamondback
02-08-20, 20:04
Ridiculous. I don't need to be an Admiral to disparage those involved with fat Leonard, or an Army truck driver to call those who wouldn't go out without armored trucks gutless pieces of shit.

The uniform and past actions are not, and should not be a shield for current behavior.
Like I said, look at Duke Cunningham's neck-snapping 180 from hero to scumbag. I didn't want to believe it at first because the man was one of my boyhood heroes as one of the last Aces, but once the evidence was in... or am I not qualified to criticize a Congressman who took bribes because I don't hold a seat myself?

hotrodder636
02-08-20, 20:05
My experience in the Navy pretty well matches what is said below. Most rewards/honors were given based upon EOT rewards and rank, not accomplishments.

I have an MSM, it’s my highest award but I don’t give it any credence really. I got it for being the acting HHB 1SG while deployed for the last 5.5 months of the deployment. I worked my butt off and got the unit caught up on a lot of stuff they were delinquent on. I value the ARCOMs I got from Iraq and Afghanistan more though.

Generally I don’t really put much stock in awards people have for the simple fact that like with my MSM, for certain things like deployments, you get an award based not on your performance but your rank/position held unless you did something really great or terrible.

26 Inf
02-08-20, 21:02
Maybe we'd be better off to just Ignore List each other.

I've tried that, it doesn't work....everytime Mooseknuckle posted I'd see in the thread 'Mooseknuckle made a post which you aren't seeing because he's on your ignore list' or words to that effect. To me thats kind of like Mom saying 'don't use a razor blade to slit the tape on the presents under the tree.......'

Personally, most of the time I regard you as acting like the kids in school who tried sooo, hard to fit in with the cool kids. Personally, I never thought about it.

26 Inf
02-08-20, 21:22

I guess you missed my point as much as Diamondback feels I missed his point. I, in no way shape or form, implied Vindmann should be immune. My point was disparage him for his current actions, don't mock the awards he received 20 years ago.

As far as this goes: 'Ridiculous. I don't need to be an Admiral to disparage those involved with fat Leonard, or an Army truck driver to call those who wouldn't go out without armored trucks gutless pieces of shit.' I got no problem calling those guys out if you were there and went out without armored vehicles, or did patrols outside the safe zone. But yeah, if you weren't there, or have never seen combat, or as some members here, never served, then yeah, I think you should hold your tongue on such pejoratives.

We'll just have to disagree.

26 Inf
02-08-20, 21:27
Like I said, look at Duke Cunningham's neck-snapping 180 from hero to scumbag. I didn't want to believe it at first because the man was one of my boyhood heroes as one of the last Aces, but once the evidence was in... or am I not qualified to criticize a Congressman who took bribes because I don't hold a seat myself?

I honestly don't think you understood what I wrote:

why are you impugning his service during those times? You or I really have no call to do so, because you know, he was actually there and we weren't.

Current events meaning showing his ass to Congress and the entire free world that owns a TV or internet capable device.

I didn't think it was that hard.

yoni
02-09-20, 05:38
I was with a friend last night, he never served in the military, but he is a high ranking member in the intelligence community of the USA.

He was so pissed off, he wanted Vindman, tried for treason and shot.

I have never met Vindman, but I have met many of his twin brothers. Ass wipes that like to rub rank in peoples face and act like jerks.

I came from a place where the only time we wore rank was for formal award and promotion ceremonies. The rest of the time no one wore rank. As a matter of fact we carried special identification cards that didn't give our name or rank, it just said in case of a terror attack we were in command. Didn't matter if a general was on site, we out ranked him. The card also told police they couldn't stop or question us.

So for me Vindman, is a small little man. That hides behind the uniform, that great people wore when they did their duty.

Yes, for the record when I left active service I outranked this fat turd.

Averageman
02-09-20, 13:05
Throughout history there have been men placed in rather minor positions be manipulated to conspire against those in power.
When these coups they have participated in go sideways history shows us that when they are exposed they are usually executed.
This guy decided he knew better than the President how foreign policy should be executed. So it comes down to why would he feel this way and why would he take such action?
I'm pretty sure all of this information is available, it kind of comes down to who and what you believe.
If I was POTUS and learned what we all know about the Biden's and what had gone on in Ukraine, I don't think I would have hesitated to ask for help exposing Biden's corruption.
Should Trump have STFU and potentially turn over the helm to another corrupt administration?
As VP Biden and others within the Obama administration and democratic party conspired to defraud American tax payers and the government of Ukraine. Do we give this man the Presidency without asking how and why?
Vindman was an errand boy, set out by the swamp armed with a sword and a mission of treason.
The mission failed, he should be thankful he is still alive.

mack7.62
02-10-20, 11:02
It really is as simple as this:

"Medal of Honor recipient MSG Leroy Petry defended President Donald Trump’s decision to fire LTC Alexander Vindman, saying that Vindman had shown he couldn’t be trusted."

https://dailycaller.com/2020/02/09/leroy-petry-ltc-vindman-spotlight-ranger/

Good news is Obummer inflated the staff of the NSC to 200 and current head is taking it back down to 100 which is what it was during Bush 44. Seventy are already gone.

Averageman
02-10-20, 12:26
Cannot be trusted and openly opposed and a willing conspirator have a lot of yardage between them.
I really don't care what Vindman thinks about the President's foreign policy.
It's irrelevant what Vindman thinks, he's a nobody, or he was until he decided he wanted to conspire against the President.
He needs to count himself lucky, buy a boat and several fishing poles and fade in to obscurity.
He doesn't even know how lucky he is to walk away relatively unscathed.

Averageman
02-10-20, 12:57
On top of all of that of course there is an open conspiracy fronted by Clinton, given the nod by Obama and when the ball was handed off Schiff, Nadler and Pelosi ran with it.
The level of dirty tricks and out right lies would have made Richard Nixon blush because the Watergate break in has nothing on this.
This is an absolute historical level of criminal conspiracy never before seen in the United States.

yoni
02-10-20, 13:59
I just wish we had a chance for a real investigation and criminal charges.

But I know we don't have a chance.

Todd.K
02-10-20, 19:58
"Medal of Honor recipient MSG Leroy Petry defended President Donald Trump’s decision to fire LTC Alexander Vindman, saying that Vindman had shown he couldn’t be trusted."

https://dailycaller.com/2020/02/09/leroy-petry-ltc-vindman-spotlight-ranger/

"Can't be trusted" is one thing, but the "chow thief" and claim some tried "peering him out" is incredibly damming of his character. I don't think I can overstate how much contempt those words carry. A chow thief is just the lowest of the low.

grnamin
02-10-20, 20:10
"Can't be trusted" is one thing, but the "chow thief" and claim some tried "peering him out" is incredibly damming of his character. I don't think I can overstate how much contempt those words carry. A chow thief is just the lowest of the low.

Too bad he wasn't a horse thief in the Old West. Makes me wonder if some higher up was his guardian angel during Ranger School.

chadbag
08-23-20, 02:38
The only thread I could find talking about Durham's investigation. This was very interesting:

https://www.redstate.com/shipwreckedcrew/2020/08/22/john-brennan-perjury-trap-yeserday-completely-legitimate-one/

Pandaz3
08-23-20, 03:28
No real substance there, no surprise to anyone, but I expect it to be a mere preamble.

Business_Casual
08-23-20, 06:32
The only thread I could find talking about Durham's investigation. This was very interesting:

https://www.redstate.com/shipwreckedcrew/2020/08/22/john-brennan-perjury-trap-yeserday-completely-legitimate-one/

I follow Just the News. They break a lot of stories.

https://justthenews.com/

chadbag
08-23-20, 12:35
I think the developments are pretty major. Brennan got trapped and probably stepped all over in it.

From the end of the article I linked:

John Durham and his team did not come to the decision to interview Brennan over the course of eight hours for the purpose of “filling in the blanks” on “events that are under review.”

The purpose of the interview was to get Brennan to confirm or deny information that others have provided up to this point about Brennan, and what he instructed others to do.

John Brennan was placed into a perjury trap yesterday because he’s shown himself willing to perjure himself in the past in order to evade scrutiny.

Yesterday, the ability to avoid the trap was completely within his control — all he had to do was tell the truth. For the most part, Durham’s investigators knew the truth.

John Brennan doesn’t come from a world of objective “truths” and “lies”. For Brennan, the “truth” is always malleable to fit his needs at any given moment.

That’s CIA tradecraft. He sees himself as a master of such “dark arts” based on his decades in DC. Others have long viewed him as a clown.

That’s why, as a prosecutor, you save a liar like John Brennan for last. He can’t help you because you can’t rely on what he tells you.

So your interview is not done for the purpose of helping your case.

And you do it in Virginia and not DC because of what you plan to do next.

It won't be minor lawyers copping to single insignificant charges as we get deeper into this.

Coal Dragger
08-23-20, 12:55
Sorry everyone but Brennan isn’t getting charged with jaywalking much less anything serious.

chadbag
08-23-20, 15:38
Sorry everyone but Brennan isn’t getting charged with jaywalking much less anything serious.

We'll have to see. I don't think you are correct given what has happened and how he was set up in a so-called "perjury trap."

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-23-20, 16:34
A perjury trap only works with some kind of hidden in information that the target doesn't know. Everything is out in the open here. There is no 'trap', all is pretty well known- Will he tell the truth is the question. That isn't a trap.

I think the most telling thing is that the FBI guy who docotred the FISA letter is still saying that it wasn't criminal, but a mistake. He won't admit wrongdoing as he accepts the deal. I don't know how you do that. Take him to court and make him lose and do real time for real crimes. Letting him off means that none of the rest of this is going criminal, and the MSM and the left already have been priming of 12 months that Barr is a partisan hack, nothing to see here. Red meat for the base and anyone with a brain, but not what needed to happen.

glocktogo
08-24-20, 12:25
A perjury trap only works with some kind of hidden in information that the target doesn't know. Everything is out in the open here. There is no 'trap', all is pretty well known- Will he tell the truth is the question. That isn't a trap.

I think the most telling thing is that the FBI guy who docotred the FISA letter is still saying that it wasn't criminal, but a mistake. He won't admit wrongdoing as he accepts the deal. I don't know how you do that. Take him to court and make him lose and do real time for real crimes. Letting him off means that none of the rest of this is going criminal, and the MSM and the left already have been priming of 12 months that Barr is a partisan hack, nothing to see here. Red meat for the base and anyone with a brain, but not what needed to happen.

This. Unless the FBI raids Brennan's home in the pre-dawn hours, seizes all his files and communications, pours over them with a fine tooth comb and THEN sits him for days of interviews, there's no perjury trap. Brennan is being extended the professional courtesy of not being put under the same scrutiny he helped set up for Trump associates. The swamp will not indict one of it's own.

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-24-20, 15:45
My ultimate worry is that nothing they did is strictly illegal. Especially when you get to counter intelligence, the govt has a wide scope, and leaking information, even if it turns out to be wrong, isn't punished. Hell, sometimes it isn't even a real leak, it is false information couched to seem like a leak. Then you get into that they would say things in public, but when they are under oath behind closed doors, they say something else. Not exactly illegal if they don't lie under oath. So, being a little whinny CIA bitch isn't illegal, it sure is unethical and they should at least lose their jobs, but we see how hard that is to even happen.

Until you get enough people inside the orgs willing to rat people out, or you get someone on the MIL side willing to take the Constitution seriously and kinetically remove these people, this is the world we live in.

HKGuns
08-25-20, 22:29
Unfortunately there are too many like Vindman in DC.

Diamondback
08-25-20, 23:06
Unfortunately there are too many like Vindman in DC.

At least two more just by name, and countless legions cut from the same cloth.