PDA

View Full Version : What should my blood pressure be after running?

556Cliff
09-25-19, 15:23
I've heard that it's normal for systolic blood pressure to be up during or just after running/exercise, but that diastolic should basically stay the same as when you just got out of bed in the morning.

My diastolic pressure when I've just gotten out of bed in the morning is usually in the 60s and sometimes 70s, but lately (last year-ish, I never really paid much attention before then) within 10/15 minutes after a 5 mile run my diastolic pressure is up in the low 80s, and just today it was in the low 90s which is a first.

Should I be worried?

ndmiller
09-25-19, 21:06
Not the answer you want to hear, but per my doctor blood pressure is always read and compared to "Normal" at rest. Your resting diastolic is in the normal zone.

My guess during exercise, hydration becomes a significant factor as that one change (dehydrated or not) can throw everything out of whack.

556Cliff
09-25-19, 21:39
Not the answer you want to hear, but per my doctor blood pressure is always read and compared to "Normal" at rest. Your resting diastolic is in the normal zone.

My guess during exercise, hydration becomes a significant factor as that one change (dehydrated or not) can throw everything out of whack.

I'm kind of a blood pressure checker fanatic, so I start to freak out about anything that seems different. Your doctors answer makes me feel a little better, but I'm still pretty paranoid about it.

Thanks! And hopefully more people will chime in before I bring it up with my doctor.

jpmuscle
09-25-19, 21:58
You’re running 5 miles in a given workout.

Your BP is fine dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

556Cliff
09-25-19, 23:03
You’re running 5 miles in a given workout.

Your BP is fine dude.

I'm starting to feel better about this, but I can't say that I feel great after a 5 mile run... I usually feel like crap by the time it's over, and for a good chunk of the rest of the day too. Though I'm not really sure if that's normal or not because I've never compared notes with anyone about running.

Arik
09-26-19, 06:57
Edit.....

chuckman
09-26-19, 07:27
Everyone's BP changes hundreds of times through the day based on exercise, stress, food (i.e., caffeine and stimulants), and a host of other factors. No one cares about a few highs or lows. No one. What providers do care about are trends.

Stop worrying.

Hmac
09-26-19, 07:47
I've heard that it's normal for systolic blood pressure to be up during or just after running/exercise, but that diastolic should basically stay the same as when you just got out of bed in the morning.

My diastolic pressure when I've just gotten out of bed in the morning is usually in the 60s and sometimes 70s, but lately (last year-ish, I never really paid much attention before then) within 10/15 minutes after a 5 mile run my diastolic pressure is up in the low 80s, and just today it was in the low 90s which is a first.

Should I be worried?

No. And you should stop checking your blood pressure. Your obsession with it is probably affecting your blood pressure.

556Cliff
09-26-19, 10:58
Everyone's BP changes hundreds of times through the day based on exercise, stress, food (i.e., caffeine and stimulants), and a host of other factors. No one cares about a few highs or lows. No one. What providers do care about are trends.

Stop worrying.

Okay, I did notice that cutting caffeine/coffee for about a little over a month lowered my resting blood pressure about 10 points on both the systolic and diastolic numbers, and I also felt better while exercising.

Though I'm back on the coffee now (have been since early/mid August) and I'm thinking that I need to quit it again.

556Cliff
09-26-19, 11:05
No. And you should stop checking your blood pressure. Your obsession with it is probably affecting your blood pressure.

You mean cut it out completely? I've always felt like it's a good idea to keep tabs on myself. Only getting it checked when you go to visit the doctor a couple times a year is not a very big sample size to go off of.

GTF425
09-26-19, 11:12

This.

The anxiety surrounding your BP is more detrimental to your health than anything. You're exercising, which when combined with healthy lifestyle choices is far more important than arbitrary numbers.

Also: if it's a wrist BP cuff, those are notoriously inaccurate and I can't tell you how many times I've had patients argue with me that their BP is high or low after I just auscultated one that's different than their wrist cuff. I've also had to demonstrate to patients that an automated upper arm BP can be thrown off by flexing muscles and movement.

Don't sweat it, consult with your PCP during your regular check ups about any health concerns you may have.

pinzgauer
09-26-19, 11:27
I'm told it's pretty typical, but my Distolic number is normally slightly lower after a workout. Your capillaries dialate, etc.

Systolic usually varies with exertion, largely tracking heartrate. And is raised by caffeine, anxiety, etc. Distolic not so much... more determined by your physiology.

Not a doctor, refer to one if you have questions. Just how it was explained to me by cardiac docs and nurses.

The other thing is I see numbers 10 to 15 higher with even pro grade electronic measurement versus that done by a nurse manually. The hospital/office ones seemed to do a bit better, but you're normally sitting down and have been for a while.

To be accurate the electronic cuff mfgs say you need to be sitting down and have not moved (walked) for 20 minutes prior.

the AR-15 Junkie
09-26-19, 12:46
This.

The anxiety surrounding your BP is more detrimental to your health than anything. You're exercising, which when combined with healthy lifestyle choices is far more important than arbitrary numbers.

Also: if it's a wrist BP cuff, those are notoriously inaccurate and I can't tell you how many times I've had patients argue with me that their BP is high or low after I just auscultated one that's different than their wrist cuff. I've also had to demonstrate to patients that an automated upper arm BP can be thrown off by flexing muscles and movement.

Don't sweat it, consult with your PCP during your regular check ups about any health concerns you may have.

This I disagree with, everytime I go to my Dr I take my cuff and it always reads almost the exact same as what the nurse gets using their equipment. In addition I was recently watching a Soviet space capusle land in Russia from the International Space Station and when the astronauts came out the hatch the very first thing the american dr did to the American astronaut was to put a BP wrist cuff around his arm. They work.

GTF425
09-26-19, 12:58
This I disagree with, everytime I go to my Dr I take my cuff and it always reads almost the exact same as what the nurse gets using their equipment.

I work at an agency that runs 130,000 911 calls a year and we do not use automated BP cuffs. I auscultate (conservatively) around 10,000 blood pressures annually.

I run this exact scenario: "My machine says my blood pressure is high/low".

So I'll take a manual BP that is different. Maybe not significantly, 10-20mmHg in your SBP is insignificant in the larger picture (in my environment, Pt presentation trumps numbers) but it's definitely different. I've had Pt's with wrist cuffs that are SIGNIFICANTLY different...one that stands out recently was a geriatric living alone who's wrist cuff told them their BP was something ridiculous like 78/46 and I auscultated something around 130/70 and they wanted to argue vehemently that I did not know what I was doing and that the machine is right.

Roger that.

I'm a sample of one Paramedic in the big, violent sea of Atlanta- but I do trust what I hear and feel over an automated BP and can say with confidence that non invasive blood pressure monitoring is less accurate than auscultation or an arterial blood pressure.

chuckman
09-26-19, 13:04
When I was in the bus I usually auscultated the first, then the rest were electronic if they correlated (within 10 mmHg). When I was a RN in the ED, it was always electronic unless it just plain looked wrong (you know), was not clinically correlated, or a trauma/critical care patient. You know when an electronic BP is FOS.

Electronics are only as good as they are manufactured or QA'd. Some are spot on. Some aren't.

GTF425
09-26-19, 13:13
When I was a RN in the ED, it was always electronic unless it just plain looked wrong (you know), was not clinically correlated, or a trauma/critical care patient. You know when an electronic BP is FOS.

Similar experience here.

Every critical patient in my region receives a manual, hands on set of vitals collected by an RN during transfer of care. The reason being that a computer algorithm will not dictate a Pt's hemodynamic status when there are trained hands and ears in the room that are more accurate and faster.

They'll throw the auto cuff on after a Pt is stabilized or during imagery.

the AR-15 Junkie
09-26-19, 14:22
I work at an agency that runs 130,000 911 calls a year and we do not use automated BP cuffs. I auscultate (conservatively) around 10,000 blood pressures annually.

I run this exact scenario: "My machine says my blood pressure is high/low".

So I'll take a manual BP that is different. Maybe not significantly, 10-20mmHg in your SBP is insignificant in the larger picture (in my environment, Pt presentation trumps numbers) but it's definitely different. I've had Pt's with wrist cuffs that are SIGNIFICANTLY different...one that stands out recently was a geriatric living alone who's wrist cuff told them their BP was something ridiculous like 78/46 and I auscultated something around 130/70 and they wanted to argue vehemently that I did not know what I was doing and that the machine is right.

Roger that.

I'm a sample of one Paramedic in the big, violent sea of Atlanta- but I do trust what I hear and feel over an automated BP and can say with confidence that non invasive blood pressure monitoring is less accurate than auscultation or an arterial blood pressure.

You cite one example of a geriatric living alone who cant use a blood pressure cuff, REALLY? That makes them inaccurate, oh man.

the AR-15 Junkie
09-26-19, 14:24
Similar experience here.

Every critical patient in my region receives a manual, hands on set of vitals collected by an RN during transfer of care. The reason being that a computer algorithm will not dictate a Pt's hemodynamic status when there are trained hands and ears in the room that are more accurate and faster.

They'll throw the auto cuff on after a Pt is stabilized or during imagery.

So please enlighten all of us who want to monitor our blood pressure on a daily basis at home, how are we suppose to do it lol?

pinzgauer
09-26-19, 14:37
So please enlighten all of us who want to monitor our blood pressure on a daily basis at home, how are we suppose to do it lol?

Do it consistently, sitting down, with a quality machine. I find them consistent, if not absolutely accurate.

I have to be careful about arm positioning such that I don't accidentally tense my bicep, etc. That will for sure throw them off.

Rest your arm on a table or chair arm, etc.

556Cliff
09-26-19, 14:42
This.

I have the arm cuff versions, and I try to be pretty consistent about how I use them. Though I've gone nuts with them at times, sometimes taking up to 10 readings a day. Now I usually only take 1 reading in the morning and 1 or 2 after I run.

556Cliff
09-26-19, 14:58
I'm told it's pretty typical, but my Distolic number is normally slightly lower after a workout. Your capillaries dialate, etc.

Systolic usually varies with exertion, largely tracking heartrate. And is raised by caffeine, anxiety, etc. Distolic not so much... more determined by your physiology.

Not a doctor, refer to one if you have questions. Just how it was explained to me by cardiac docs and nurses.

The other thing is I see numbers 10 to 15 higher with even pro grade electronic measurement versus that done by a nurse manually. The hospital/office ones seemed to do a bit better, but you're normally sitting down and have been for a while.

To be accurate the electronic cuff mfgs say you need to be sitting down and have not moved (walked) for 20 minutes prior.

That's what is concerning to me, because everything I've read says the diastolic number should be either unchanged or lower after exercise, and anything more than 10 points above normal indicates that something is not right. My last after exercise diastolic numbers were about 25 points above what they should have been.

GTF425
09-26-19, 15:05

If you choose to monitor it with commercial devices at home, that's excellent, just understand that if it gives a crazy reading that it may very well be a device malfunction and not a true collection of a BP. I'm just stating that it is not as accurate as other methods and am relaying my experiences with having monitored the vitals of literally thousands of patients and being able to compare their readings at the hospital to what I collected manually.

As chuckman stated, there is a lot of variance between devices and properly calibrated and maintained machines will work well. A $20 Walgreens special is not the same as a Phillips in a busy ER.

You cite one example of a geriatric living alone who cant use a blood pressure cuff, REALLY? That makes them inaccurate, oh man.

I was trying to explain that device malfunction is a common complaint and then proceeded to supply one specific example from a recent call. As for how frequently I have someone with an inaccurate BP from a home device, it probably averages out to at least once a week depending on where I am in the city. I run that scenario more in the affluent areas. Regardless, ask any Paramedic and I'm sure their experiences will be similar...either a patient or one of their home health aides/Nurses will collect a BP using a wrist monitor and call 911 when they have an abnormal reading.

For what it's worth, attacking the validity of my belief because I only provided one specific example is as fruitless as justifying your position because your one device is reliable and working well for you.

I am genuinely glad you are staying on top of your health and I wish more people did, but please try to understand I'm not attacking you- I'm trying to state that these devices aren't the End All Be All that people try to make them out to be.

I have absolutely no way of counting every time someone complains their BP is high/low and used a home device. I also have absolutely no way to count how many times a BP at the hospital that's collected with a machine is different than what I collected through auscultation. It's all a blur except for a handful of calls that stand out. In this case, I'm only remembering that specific call because the Pt was insuring that I knew how wrong I was with an onslaught of racial slurs to accompany their belief.

And such is life. You will never respect my opinion, and that's okay, too.

09-26-19, 16:56
My experience is similar to GTF425’s. Automated cuffs around the bicep are reasonably trustworthy, if used correctly. They are also easy to make lie.

Wrist cuffs are pure garbage, in my opinion. There’s a reason the one at Walgreens doesn’t have “Welch Allyn” written on it. The only “professionals” I’ve seen use them are the crooked LHI contractors that screen Reservists on their annual physicals. Wrist BP cuffs are the PSA and Bear Creek Arsenal of the medical equipment world. Just as good as.

If you really want to know your BP and don’t want to buy expensive equipment, do it manually. Or start dating nursing students. Or, keep doing regular high quality cardio, don’t smoke, keep the caffeine reasonable, eat reasonably, and don’t worry about it unless your primary care says to.

chuckman
09-27-19, 07:30

Do you have someone living with you? Spouse? parent? Child? Significant other of dubious and made-up gender? Spend $30, buy a manual cuff and stethoscope and learn how to use it. It's easy. If I can learn, anyone can. If you want an electronic cuff do some research. Just like ARs, they are not all 'the same' and have vast differences in reputation and quality.

https://myaccesshealth.com/best-blood-pressure-monitors/

jpmuscle
09-27-19, 07:36
I have the arm cuff versions, and I try to be pretty consistent about how I use them. Though I've gone nuts with them at times, sometimes taking up to 10 readings a day. Now I usually only take 1 reading in the morning and 1 or 2 after I run.

Maybe you should talk to a therapist.

Yes I’m being serious.

556Cliff
09-27-19, 09:38
Maybe you should talk to a therapist.

Yes I’m being serious.

Hahaha! :lol: That's not the first time that I've heard that, not just in regard to how often I take my blood pressure either. :no:

Anyways, I've been using a Microlife arm cuff BP monitor for awhile now and got a reading of 113/64 with a 54 pulse this morning which is not unusual, but my systolic number is usually in the low to mid 120s. After a run my systolic number can be up into the mid to high 130s and sometimes low 140s. I was using an Omron arm cuff BP monitor and it would usually read my BP just a little bit lower. So I've been using the Micro life mostly because it gives me ever so slightly higher readings.

I still haven't felt that great since that last run I did though, and now I'm kind of afraid to go on my next run. I'm not the fastest runner either, lately it takes me about 46/47 minutes to run 5 miles and I'm usually feeling dead on the return half.

chuckman
09-27-19, 10:27
Hahaha! :lol: That's not the first time that I've heard that, not just in regard to how often I take my blood pressure either. :no:

Anyways, I've been using a Microlife arm cuff BP monitor for awhile now and got a reading of 113/64 with a 54 pulse this morning which is not unusual, but my systolic number is usually in the low to mid 120s. After a run my systolic number can be up into the mid to high 130s and sometimes low 140s. I was using an Omron arm cuff BP monitor and it would usually read my BP just a little bit lower. So I've been using the Micro life mostly because it gives me ever so slightly higher readings.

I still haven't felt that great since that last run I did though, and now I'm kind of afraid to go on my next run. I'm not the fastest runner either, lately it takes me about 46/47 minutes to run 5 miles and I'm usually feeling dead on the return half.

OK. Dude, relax. R. E. L. A. X. You are 9-minutes and change for 5 miles. How about this: get good sleep, don't eat a lot of shit (some shit is fine), don't drink too much, don't do drugs, and see your doc once a year for a physical and labs.

BPs are only good looking at trends. When you get up. Before you eat. After you eat. Before and after dropping a deuce. Before and after getting it on. Before and after a run. When it rains. When it's hot. When the apocalypse is nigh upon us. Take the numbers, mash them up, divide. Look at the American Heart Association tables for normal.

I am telling you this: your anxiety and OCD about it WILL make it, and you, worse.

556Cliff
09-27-19, 12:13
OK. Dude, relax. R. E. L. A. X. You are 9-minutes and change for 5 miles. How about this: get good sleep, don't eat a lot of shit (some shit is fine), don't drink too much, don't do drugs, and see your doc once a year for a physical and labs.

BPs are only good looking at trends. When you get up. Before you eat. After you eat. Before and after dropping a deuce. Before and after getting it on. Before and after a run. When it rains. When it's hot. When the apocalypse is nigh upon us. Take the numbers, mash them up, divide. Look at the American Heart Association tables for normal.

I am telling you this: your anxiety and OCD about it WILL make it, and you, worse.

Okay, I'll try to cool it with my OCD about all this since that is turning out to be the general consensus... It won't be easy though. ;)

I've never smoked, I've never been on drugs and I've never really been into alcohol except for the last few years, I wouldn't consider myself an alcoholic but I'm trying to cut back on that anyway. My eating habits have definitely improved since about 2015/16 too.

jpmuscle
09-27-19, 12:47
If your going to be OCD about anything I’d vote for nutrition

556Cliff
09-27-19, 14:54
If your going to be OCD about anything I’d vote for nutrition

I agree, that's probably the hardest thing to keep on top of unfortunately.

556Cliff
10-02-19, 10:14
Well, I went on the same 5 mile run yesterday and I felt pretty good for most of the day. My after run blood pressure was 137/81, which has been somewhat normal for me even though I think the diastolic is still high for an after run BP reading.

I'll probably bring it up with my doctor on my next appointment though, better safe than sorry I guess. ;)

jpmuscle
10-02-19, 13:28
I hope your doctor smacks you in the face lol

pinzgauer
10-02-19, 14:40
Well, I went on the same 5 mile run yesterday and I felt pretty good for most of the day. My after run blood pressure was 137/81, which has been somewhat normal for me even though I think the diastolic is still high for an after run BP reading.

I'll probably bring it up with my doctor on my next appointment though, better safe than sorry I guess. ;)What was your heart rate when you took it? Had you been sitting down for a while?

When you take your blood pressure, get it set up, be perfectly still, close your eyes And breathe normal to slightly deep breaths. Do not look at the display. Try to ignore the whole process.

I'm pretty sure I can influence the reading watching it, and I know as fact my brother can. He has what they refer to as white coat syndrome. Blood pressure taken in the office is elevated do to apprehension, etc. they've done side-by-side checks manual laying with this machine. And yet if he does the same check at home hanging out on the couch it's substantially lower.

chuckman
10-02-19, 15:06
I'm pretty sure I can influence the reading watching it, and I know as fact my brother can. He has what they refer to as white coat syndrome. Blood pressure taken in the office is elevated do to apprehension, etc. they've done side-by-side checks manual laying with this machine. And yet if he does the same check at home hanging out on the couch it's substantially lower.

My wife has it. I check her BP at home a couple times a week, fine. She goes to the doc, 150/90. They wanted to start her on a combo drug. I said hell to the no. Now she takes the readings I get and they just monitor.

556Cliff
10-02-19, 23:04
I hope your doctor smacks you in the face lol

Lol! I'm actually surprised she hasn't done that yet. :happy:

Doctors seem to like to get in and out in about 15 minutes or less, but I'm pretty sure I took up about 45 minutes of time on my last visit.

Hmac
10-02-19, 23:11
You mean cut it out completely? I've always felt like it's a good idea to keep tabs on myself. Only getting it checked when you go to visit the doctor a couple times a year is not a very big sample size to go off of.

OK, check it once a month. No more. If it's consistently high for three months in a row, go see your doctor.

Hmac
10-02-19, 23:16

I would certainly think that that's likely. For now, your hypochondria appears to be manifesting itself as an unhealthy obsession with your blood pressure.

556Cliff
10-02-19, 23:17
What was your heart rate when you took it? Had you been sitting down for a while?

When you take your blood pressure, get it set up, be perfectly still, close your eyes And breathe normal to slightly deep breaths. Do not look at the display. Try to ignore the whole process.

My heart rate was 107 when I took got that reading, other than that I usually take my blood pressure exactly as you describe.

I try to never look at the numbers on the display while I'm taking my blood pressure, because I've also noticed that I can end up with a higher reading when I do that... I usually get higher readings at the doctor's office too.

556Cliff
10-02-19, 23:30
I would certainly think that that's likely. For now, your hypochondria appears to be manifesting itself as an unhealthy obsession with your blood pressure.

Believe it or not, I've actually gotten better about not taking my blood pressure any more than 1 or 2 times a day now... I started to cut back about a year ago when I noticed my arm was getting sore from taking too many readings. ;)

I don't know if I can get it down to once a month, but anything less than what I'm doing now would probably be a step in the right direction at this point.

pinzgauer
10-03-19, 07:46
My heart rate was 107 when I took got that reading, other than that I usually take my blood pressure exactly as you describe.

Dude, you don't take blood pressure readings with elevated heart rates after significant exercise if you're trying to do some kind of normal comparison.

It's important to cool down to pretty close to your normal resting heart rate. Go re-read the instructions on your omron.

You should also not be seeking medical advice from random dudes on an shooting internet forum.

556Cliff
10-03-19, 09:59
Dude, you don't take blood pressure readings with elevated heart rates after significant exercise if you're trying to do some kind of normal comparison.

It's important to cool down to pretty close to your normal resting heart rate. Go re-read the instructions on your omron.

You should also not be seeking medical advice from random dudes on an shooting internet forum.

So what your blood pressure gets up to during exercise isn't important? The only real reason that I've been checking it soon after running is because I thought that it was important somehow.

My blood pressure this morning was 118/64 with a heart rate of 51.

And I don't rely on random internet dudes advice alone about this kind of stuff... I go to the doctor too. ;) I just like to hear a wider range of opinions.

jpmuscle
10-03-19, 10:59
Jfc you’re fine...

Also Drs are typically close minded dumb asses

Steve Shannon
10-03-19, 12:06
https://www.healthline.com/health/blood-pressure-after-exercise

They recommend waiting up to two hours after exercise until your heart rate returns to its resting rate. They say BP immediately following exercise can vary immensely between people.
There are lots of things that could contribute to feeling odd after exercise, including blood oxygen, blood sugar, dehydration, etc.
If you continue feeling poorly you should consider talking to a doctor.

556Cliff
10-03-19, 15:33
https://www.healthline.com/health/blood-pressure-after-exercise

They recommend waiting up to two hours after exercise until your heart rate returns to its resting rate. They say BP immediately following exercise can vary immensely between people.
There are lots of things that could contribute to feeling odd after exercise, including blood oxygen, blood sugar, dehydration, etc.
If you continue feeling poorly you should consider talking to a doctor.

Thanks for the link.

And I guess it's always been hit or miss on whether I'll feel good after a run or not.

Edit: Anyways, here is another worrying quote from that same link. > "Diastolic blood pressure is a measure of the pressure in the blood vessels between heartbeats. It shouldn’t change significantly during exercise. If it does, consult your doctor."

I might highlight that part of the article and bring it to my doctor on the next visit... Hopefully I'm not as good as dead. :sad:

Hmac
10-10-19, 13:22
So what your blood pressure gets up to during exercise isn't important? The only real reason that I've been checking it soon after running is because I thought that it was important somehow.

And I don't rely on random internet dudes advice alone about this kind of stuff... I go to the doctor too. ;) I just like to hear a wider range of opinions.
Well, you've certainly come to the right place...no shortage of opinions here. What could make more sense than getting medical advice on a gun forum?

ndmiller
10-10-19, 16:14

Not for resting blood pressure readings, no. If you're at the doctor doing a stress test because other symptoms indicate some type of blockage then yes.

Talk to or see your doctor if you're concerned or feeling like their is an issue. Heart Disease is serious and should be taken seriously. If you're curious, hit up the internets, if you're serious talk to or see your doctor.

ndmiller
10-10-19, 16:14

Not for resting blood pressure readings, no. If you're at the doctor doing a stress test because other symptoms indicate some type of blockage then yes.

Talk to or see your doctor if you're concerned or feeling like their is an issue. Heart Disease is serious and should be taken seriously. If you're curious, hit up the internets, if you're serious talk to or see your doctor.

jpmuscle
10-10-19, 17:05
Well, you've certainly come to the right place...no shortage of opinions here. What could make more sense than getting medical advice on a gun forum?

Considering some of the docs I’ve met over the years coming here may not actually be a bad option

556Cliff
10-10-19, 21:36

I had an echocardiogram (not a stress echo) about two years ago that showed that I have a very slight left ventricular hypertrophy, but they didn't think enough of it to send me in for any other testing.

I originally went in for sleeping issues, shortness of breath and chest pain (which is pretty random), and a very strange (pressure and tingling) feeling in the right side of my face, neck and eye. Plus I get a whooshing sound in my right ear from my heartbeat and some pretty bad brain fog... I never seem to to be able to concentrate very well on anything anymore, and I lack energy. I also get pitting edema along my shins by the end of the day. I only started experiencing these symptoms starting from about 2015/2016 all the way up until today.

Anyways, I've talked with my doctor about all of that.

Oh, and my doctor referred me to a pulmonary specialist and he put me on an inhaler, which seems to have helped with the shortness of breath. Also, they put me through an (at home) overnight sleep study, which lead to me having to go through an overnight stay at the hospital for a more thorough sleep study...They found that I experience a slight central sleep apnea. I've been testing out different masks on a sleep apnea machine for a few weeks now and hating every minute of it. :fie: